MEGAMAN UNIVERSE!!!!!! (PS3/360)

HokutoNoBen · 93485

Offline Lilirulu

• Biometal Y
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "NO DICE"
    • View Profile
Reply #425 on: July 27, 2010, 06:39:02 PM
I'd be happy with a MMPU style megaman game (on the DS)

"Sumo Wrestlers are sexy by DEFAULT!"-[DA]-[SA]-[Pixiv]

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #426 on: July 27, 2010, 06:42:29 PM
I'd be happy with a MMPU style megaman game (on the DS)

I think every new game will from now on go onto the 3DS.

Wasn't a MM game for the 3DS announced already? I hink there was one on the game list

Offline GP Aznable

• King of the hill
  • A-Class Hunter
  • I'm the REAL Woodman, foo!
    • View Profile
Reply #427 on: July 27, 2010, 06:43:02 PM
Yea, I maybe wrong about my opinion and you do have a point, Flame. Some fans are sticking with the ideas that said 'Old-School rules! No changing. BAD BAD BAD.' For me, nostalgia's good, changing also good as long as the gameplay is still fun yet simple. I don't care what those picky fans say about MMU, I just wanna see how the outcome would be.

Eat, or be eaten...

Offline Lilirulu

• Biometal Y
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "NO DICE"
    • View Profile
Reply #428 on: July 27, 2010, 06:45:23 PM
I think every new game will from now on go onto the 3DS.

Wasn't a MM game for the 3DS announced already? I hink there was one on the game list

And that makes me sad :C I just got my DS this year, just to learn that there is a new system coming out that I won't be able to afford

"Sumo Wrestlers are sexy by DEFAULT!"-[DA]-[SA]-[Pixiv]

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #429 on: July 27, 2010, 06:47:47 PM
You can always get a 3DS later. When Nintendo releases the next handheld!

It will be a small device that enables you to connect your brain to Nintendo's Wiirtual Reality system wherever you are!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #430 on: July 27, 2010, 06:58:47 PM
Some fans are sticking with the ideas that said 'Old-School rules! No changing. BAD BAD BAD.'

See: X7, ACID and Zan's posts.

About the 3DS: I don't remember any Megaman game announced for it. (Yet, hopefully)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #431 on: July 27, 2010, 07:03:36 PM
About the 3DS: I don't remember any Megaman game announced for it. (Yet, hopefully)

Huh... could have sworn that I heard something about MM2 getting 3D-ified

Oh well. It's bound to happen. Has there ever been a Nintendo handheld without a Mega Man game?

Offline Fariator

• Freelancer.
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #432 on: July 27, 2010, 07:11:38 PM
Oh well. It's bound to happen. Has there ever been a Nintendo handheld without a Mega Man game?

Virtual Boy... As if it counts.

And Mega Man 2 is being re-released on 3DS, just with the addition of 3D magic. So for now it doesn't matter all that much.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #433 on: July 27, 2010, 07:14:54 PM
I thought MM2 3D was part of a collection. :/ Bah, my memory's shitty.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #434 on: July 27, 2010, 07:37:22 PM
Virtual Boy... As if it counts.

Welllllll isn't the 3DS basically the Virtual Boy done right?

Offline Fariator

• Freelancer.
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #435 on: July 27, 2010, 07:51:09 PM
It's the DS done better(?). Honestly I keep reading 3DS as "Triple Dual Screen".

But about MMUni, are there any clues when actually worth the time revelations concering the gameplay would be shown?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #436 on: July 27, 2010, 07:52:09 PM
I'm personally getting sick of milking 8 bit. Honestly, if they do it again it's not even them taking chances anymore, but trying to appeal to a sheep like fanbase. I've already lost a lot of interest in new Megaman games, they need to try something -new- soon or have Megaman fall out, because the new age gamers don't dig it -that- much.

Except, the "new-age gamers" already don't dig MegaMan that much already, and they're not going to jump in just because of sparkling new graphics, fabulous new super motion controls, or dazzling new gameplay.  They have their Madden's, they have their Wii Sports & Party game, on so on and so forth.  Again, what you and Flame don't seem to understand is that the "sheep-like fanbase" is their most loyal customer, and they are the ones who buy their product a lot more than anyone else, so from a business standpoint, it currently makes sense to continue with the oh-so boo hoo terrible 8-bit nostalgia milking.  Hell, perhaps they even made SheepMan as a testament to how we will buy anything they put out!  

Once again, the problem isn't Capcom, but the gamers themselves.  The problem is people like me, because I WILL BUY ANY 8-BIT MEGAMAN GAME THEY PUT OUT without any remorse or regret, because those are the MegaMan games I have the most fun playing, more than the X series, more that any series.  SO, in order to get them to stop milking the 8-Bit Cow, you're going to have to convince people like myself to stop buying the 8-bit games.  Guess how good your chances of that happening are? I'll give you a hint. Your percentage of success has the same name as a popular MM Universe character!  8)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #437 on: July 27, 2010, 07:53:55 PM
But about MMUni, are there any clues when actually worth the time revelations concering the gameplay would be shown?

Next best date is TGS (Tokyo game Show) at September 16th, if Capcom doesn't show there we will have to wait for info to slowly come in.

I tell you though:

If MMUni is indeed a "make your own MM game" title then you can bet your bums I will make Paper Mega Man

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #438 on: July 27, 2010, 08:08:53 PM
What I don't get are people who think CHANGE IS GOOD CHANGE MUST HAPPEN and then forget that change might as well turn something into [parasitic bomb].

The PS2 Castlevanias are a good indication of that. People clamored for something other than Metroidvanias, they get something different, and proceed to hate on it. (Disclaimer: I am a fan of both PS2 games.) The internet is so fickle. They don't know what the hell they want.

To clarify my original post, I am not in any way lobbying that any and every Mega Man should be emulating 2. To me, the most Mega Man needs to evolve is introducing a few new ideas in each sequel or subseries. Which they've done in most if not all games. Add things on to enhance the gameplay that was already there. There's no need to reinvent the wheel. The exceptions of course are Legends, EXE and SS, because they're completely different genres. But within those subseries, how much did they evolve with each next game?

And wanting Mega to aim his regular weapon is blasphemy. You don't do that. That's not how Mega Man works.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #439 on: July 27, 2010, 08:34:48 PM
Personally, they can evolve as much as or little as they want to. As long as the games continue to be quality titles. And regardless of how retro Inti goes, they deliver quality.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #440 on: July 27, 2010, 08:38:42 PM
Personally, they can evolve as much as or little as they want to. As long as the games continue to be quality titles.

The greatest truth of all.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #441 on: July 27, 2010, 09:03:00 PM
Plus, for all we know, MM Universe is an evolution of sorts for the franchise.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #442 on: July 27, 2010, 11:42:54 PM
I think this is another thing some dont seem to get. All because I want a current Gen megaman doesnt mean I want a Halo/Gears of War clone with BROWN AND BLOOM. Why cant I just get, yknow, HD Current Gen Megaman? Megaman re-tooled for the current hardware?
a fully 3D, HD Megaman, with nice graphics, and fun gameplay?
Whats so hard to understand or accept about that? Nostalgia on the brain? Because Nostalgia very quickly becomes "milking" and the "sheep like fanbase" that Ramzal mentioned, will just eat it up. And since the older fanbase is so enthralled by nostalgia, thats all we will ever get.
Simple-minded people will protect what they know and attempt to make it last forever, criticizing anything different. Games are either old-school classic style, or they're SPACE MARINES FPS SWEARING JOCKS EVERYWHERE.

There's the possibility of good change. People just gotta be able to see it.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #443 on: July 28, 2010, 12:01:11 AM
They can change Mega Man X, Mega Man Zero and Mega Man Legends as much as they want, but not MMC. If that results in anything even remotely resembling the abomination that is X7 I will thwo a tantrum that breaks the planet in two.

You want experiments? Make a new Mega Man.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #444 on: July 28, 2010, 12:05:58 AM
If that results in anything even remotely resembling the abomination that is X7 I will thwo a tantrum that breaks the planet in two.

This sent me into a fit of giggles, for some reason.

I don't play Mega Man games as much as I used to, nor do I care much for franchise anymore, so I have little else to say. :U

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #445 on: July 28, 2010, 12:25:27 AM
Except, the "new-age gamers" already don't dig MegaMan that much already, and they're not going to jump in just because of sparkling new graphics, fabulous new super motion controls, or dazzling new gameplay.  They have their Madden's, they have their Wii Sports & Party game

You need there to actually be a non-NES-style MegaMan game on the Wii before you can make the claim that Wii party games would thwart a new-age MegaMan.  Not since the SNES has Capcom given a Nintendo home console an original, traditional MegaMan title.

Games are either old-school classic style, or they're SPACE MARINES FPS SWEARING JOCKS EVERYWHERE.
I really hate to admit how much truth there is to that...

There's the possibility of good change. People just gotta be able to see it.
There will always be good change and bad change.  That's life.  There have been good changes to MegaMan.  Just because they re-use a lot of crap doesn't mean that they haven't made some nice tweaks.

Ironically, I maintain that what changed in X7 fared better than what stayed the same.  The 2D gameplay in that title is atrocious.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #446 on: July 28, 2010, 12:33:47 AM
So I think at this point it's perfectly justified if I close this thread. It's nt about MMU anymore.

And as far as this recent debate goes: I will see if we can somehow avoid that from now. It never goes anywhere, never brings up anything new and ALWAYS boils down to personal preferences which will ultimately cause unnecessary drama.

If someone wants to have the last word be quick.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #447 on: July 28, 2010, 12:40:22 AM
Will it be re-opened when more info on MMUni is released, or will a new thread be opened for it?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #448 on: July 28, 2010, 12:41:19 AM
We will make a new thread. And then I will personally make sure it stays on topic.