Pizza: How do you roll?

Nicole Claris · 14017

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: July 06, 2010, 07:07:20 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that...
I also like that pizza with ham and Pineapple.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #51 on: July 06, 2010, 10:25:54 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that...
I also like that pizza with ham and Pineapple.
That would be Hawaiian pizza, and it is pretty tasty.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: July 06, 2010, 10:39:47 AM
I have. There was this one place in Queens that made true, authentic style Italian pizza, as the people were straight from Italy. It was probably the best I've ever had. One day I'll get to Italy just to try some.
Never... ever... EVER the same. =P Trust me, whatever is the restaurant, no matter how the food seems to taste, it ALWAYS tastes different from the original. I've gone to several good italian restaurants abroad, all claiming to have real classic pizza recipe, and although they try, it's never really the same. I also know this because portuguese restaurants abroad (I think there's quite a few in NY) although being ran by portuguese people, NEVER have the food tasting the same as the one I get over here. It's the same with every single restaurant. I have NO idea why. Fresh foreign ingredients maybe? I dunno. But there's always a very different kind of taste to everything. It's this way with every case.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: July 06, 2010, 10:49:53 AM
Never... ever... EVER the same. =P Trust me, whatever is the restaurant, no matter how the food seems to taste, it ALWAYS tastes different from the original. I've gone to several good italian restaurants abroad, all claiming to have real classic pizza recipe, and although they try, it's never really the same. I also know this because portuguese restaurants abroad (I think there's quite a few in NY) although being ran by portuguese people, NEVER have the food tasting the same as the one I get over here. It's the same with every single restaurant. I have NO idea why. Fresh foreign ingredients maybe? I dunno. But there's always a very different kind of taste to everything. It's this way with every case.

Oh totally.  It's always the case.  For one, it's why I think NY Style Pizza outside of NY is usually not as good.  It's the same with a Philly Cheesesteak as well.  I've gone to several Philly Cheesesteak places in NYC, and none of them have ever compared to the one I had in Philly.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: July 06, 2010, 03:55:58 PM
Definitely a question of the ingredients available in the area.  Hell, even the water being used probably makes a difference in flavor.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: July 06, 2010, 04:07:21 PM
Oh totally.  It's always the case.  For one, it's why I think NY Style Pizza outside of NY is usually not as good.  It's the same with a Philly Cheesesteak as well.  I've gone to several Philly Cheesesteak places in NYC, and none of them have ever compared to the one I had in Philly.

Speaking of Philly Cheesesteaks, how are they in philly? I ask because i'm taking a trip up to Pennsylvania.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: July 06, 2010, 07:00:46 PM
Speaking of Philly Cheesesteaks, how are they in philly? I ask because i'm taking a trip up to Pennsylvania.

They are so good.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: July 06, 2010, 08:32:58 PM
They are AWESOME.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 08, 2010, 11:00:42 AM
They are so good.
They are AWESOME.

Alright, i'm gonna be liking this trip.

Back on topic, I just had some delicious Papa Murphy's Pepperoni Pizza yesterday. It was the [parasitic bomb], and I still have some leftover.

Offline Nicole Claris

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Rise of Aetheria- An Arts and Roleplaying Site
Reply #59 on: July 08, 2010, 12:19:36 PM
Definitely a question of the ingredients available in the area.  Hell, even the water being used probably makes a difference in flavor.

You know I never honestly thought about the water, but that is a very valid point. I know I am actually picky about water flavors. Some bottled water/tap water is NASTY tasting.

Alright, i'm gonna be liking this trip.

Back on topic, I just had some delicious Papa Murphy's Pepperoni Pizza yesterday. It was the [parasitic bomb], and I still have some leftover.

We had some the other night, got family size for real cheap cause the place was understaffed and we waited like 45 minutes (even after calling the order in). Had it for dinner and lunch the next day. ^^

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.”
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: July 08, 2010, 01:49:09 PM
I had about 2/3 of the pizza, still 4 slices left. (That whole Pizza was mine since my parents had another one, I think it was supreme.)

Offline Nicole Claris

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: July 08, 2010, 01:53:36 PM
We ended up getting some stuffed one with lots of meat. Mother-in-law is picky and wanted it. When she's around we rarely get veggies on anything. I can't complain, she bought it and only eats like two slices.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: July 08, 2010, 02:16:25 PM
By the way, who here has tried fresh ingredients and fitting vegetables in the pizza?

There's this chain near me called Pizza na Brasa, where they do stuff like put whole tomato slices in the pizza. It does AMAZING stuff for the flavor. It's incredible.

There's also this one combination restaurant in the area. You get to choose among TONS of ingredients. I had a bean-and-codfish pizza there once. It was pretty damn good.

Offline Nicole Claris

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: July 08, 2010, 02:20:47 PM
Papa Murphy's has a taco pizza with a (I think) bean type sauce that was good.

I don't like straight tomatoes so I never enjoyed large slices on my pizza. Grandmother made homemade crust, sauce, and veggies from the garden once. It was good, but whole wheat crust is an acquired taste (cousins refused to touch it).

I always believe more ingredients is the way to go. It is fun to try something new, sadly, I have never tried anchovies cause I can never get my own pizza alone, and everyone has always refused to try it. So I have no idea how fish is on pizza.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: July 09, 2010, 01:39:34 AM
Pizza?

I don't really mind about the base (be it thick like NY pizza or thin like woodfire Italian pizza)

I'm more of the topping guy. I usually order Supreme, Thai chicken, pepperoni, hawaiian, meat lover, bbq beef, etc etc.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: July 12, 2010, 09:12:53 PM
Large Dough
No Edgelock
Slapped to XLarge
Light Sauce
Green Peppers, Onions, Steak
Mozarella
Parm/Rom

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: July 13, 2010, 08:03:50 PM
By the way, who here has tried fresh ingredients and fitting vegetables in the pizza?

There's this chain near me called Pizza na Brasa, where they do stuff like put whole tomato slices in the pizza. It does AMAZING stuff for the flavor. It's incredible.

Pizza with tomato slices cooked on it is amazing.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: July 13, 2010, 10:56:19 PM

They're horrible.
If you want real philly cheesesteaks, go to Greece.

Edit: Needs more pizza.

12" doughball(about an B Cup)
no edge
slap to 16"
very light sauce(barely a glaze)
chicken
red bell peppers
moz
prov/font
well done
cut into 9 slices

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #68 on: July 15, 2010, 09:43:30 PM
ALFREDO PIZZA
YES!

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #69 on: July 17, 2010, 12:35:41 AM
Pepperoni and bacon. Maybe some veggies, too, like peppers. Can't remember the last time I had a really good pizza though...

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #70 on: August 01, 2010, 09:16:29 PM
if'n this topic is still about pizza

i really like these two:

>grilled chicken, barbeque sauce, red onions, mozzarella cheese, thin crust

>canadian bacon, pineapple, regular red sauce, bacon bits, three cheese, regular crust

and i like those five dollar totinos thin crust pizzas you can get at walmart. i'll eat ALL that [parasitic bomb].

squemp

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: August 02, 2010, 01:27:01 AM
Had some tasty ass Buffalo Chicken Pizza from the nearby Giant when I was in PA.

[tornado fang]ing amazing, White Sauce (Possibly Bleu Cheese.), Buffalo Chicken slices, really [tornado fang]ing good crust/cheese.

Having a nice Pepperoni Homemade right now. Very yummy.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: August 10, 2010, 06:39:13 AM
I had a Spicy Peorgy pizza from Boston Pizza. I don't know what potatoes they use but it lives up to its name, and the sour cream they use... *drool*

Oddly enough, the chain is from Edmonton, and not Boston. I don't know why they named it that way though.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus