At The Movies With RPM

Protoman Blues · 200025

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
  • 'Ya better pray to Martel one last time...
    • View Profile
    • My Chatango Chatpod From When I Was Still A Nooblet
Reply #600 on: March 26, 2011, 04:09:56 PM
The thing I've noticed with every movie made by Legendary Pictures is that it has a lot of explosions in it.

Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality.

I learned that all things explode in slowmotion if you punch them hard enough.

You may have to be on fire for that to happen, though.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #601 on: March 26, 2011, 08:27:06 PM
[spoiler]LoL, one survives. It doesn't matter though, as I'll explain down below.[/spoiler]

Well, just got home from watching this movie. Josh & I were talking about it for quite a while afterwards. The movie is definitely a Zack Snyder movie, as it is both visually stunning and edited extremely well. Also, the soundtrack for the movie is quite excellent.

LoL, the problem is that the movie makes no sense. Like.....none. You have really zero attachment to any of the characters, which is a huge problem considering their situation & their goal, which you really don't care about seeing as how you again have no real attachment to the characters. Also the voice over dialog really just doesn't make any sense, which fits right in with the movie's story not making any sense.

To best describe the visuals, it's pretty much like watching a video game almost. It's really half a good movie. The visuals & soundtrack & actually movie elements itself are quite good. Sadly though, the most important part, the story & characters, are pretty much null and void.
Just tell me if this is true.

[spoiler]All of them die and one of them has the fate that the bad guys (corrupt doctors and stepfather) planned for her in the first place, by being given a lobotomy. And in a stupid moment of "Oh, so that's what happened" by the stupid doctors, we get a tiny nod that the bad guys will PROBABLY get their comeuppance. Oh, and she imagines a happy ending inside her head.[/spoiler]

I loved all his past stuff. Still going to watch this next friday. But this kinda makes me scared that we're putting Superman in this man's hands.

Oh well, he's amazing with adaptations.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #602 on: March 26, 2011, 09:13:05 PM
Just tell me if this is true.

[spoiler]All of them die and one of them has the fate that the bad guys (corrupt doctors and stepfather) planned for her in the first place, by being given a lobotomy. And in a stupid moment of "Oh, so that's what happened" by the stupid doctors, we get a tiny nod that the bad guys will PROBABLY get their comeuppance. Oh, and she imagines a happy ending inside her head.[/spoiler]

I loved all his past stuff. Still going to watch this next friday. But this kinda makes me scared that we're putting Superman in this man's hands.

Oh well, he's amazing with adaptations.

[spoiler]Essentially, out of the 5 main girls, 3 of them die, 1 makes it out as planned, and the main one does indeed get a lobotomy. What makes it so stupid is the fact that again, you really have no attachment to any of the characters, and also the fact that if she had not disappeared into her first level fantasy world, cause there are two levels, a simple matter of talking to the REAL doctor probably would've kept her from being lobotomized. Hell, the girl literally [tornado fang]ing hears the plot between her Stepfather and Blue.[/spoiler]

The good thing about Superman is that he's not writing it. I think a combination of him & Nolan could work very well.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #603 on: March 27, 2011, 05:37:44 AM
[spoiler]Essentially, out of the 5 main girls, 3 of them die, 1 makes it out as planned, and the main one does indeed get a lobotomy. What makes it so stupid is the fact that again, you really have no attachment to any of the characters, and also the fact that if she had not disappeared into her first level fantasy world, cause there are two levels, a simple matter of talking to the REAL doctor probably would've kept her from being lobotomized. Hell, the girl literally [tornado fang]ing hears the plot between her Stepfather and Blue.[/spoiler]

The good thing about Superman is that he's not writing it. I think a combination of him & Nolan could work very well.
Ah, I see now. And is the CG as weak as everyone says? Weak action without even the cool stuff action usually has? Video game quality CG that is kinda rushed?

And also, good thing he's not writing it. And it's an adaptation of the three Post-Crisis origins, John Byrne's "Man of Steel", Mark Waid's "Birthright", and Geoff Johns' "Secret Origin". They're going with Brainiac and Zod being the villains, and Luthor being just an arrogant ginger businessman at first.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #604 on: March 27, 2011, 10:44:19 PM
Saw Hall Pass a few days ago.

It was funny, but I really didn't need to see a black dude's dick at any point in my life..
Definetly a stoner comedy, it'd probably be better to watch when stoned.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #605 on: March 28, 2011, 12:11:34 AM
Ah, I see now. And is the CG as weak as everyone says? Weak action without even the cool stuff action usually has? Video game quality CG that is kinda rushed?

And also, good thing he's not writing it. And it's an adaptation of the three Post-Crisis origins, John Byrne's "Man of Steel", Mark Waid's "Birthright", and Geoff Johns' "Secret Origin". They're going with Brainiac and Zod being the villains, and Luthor being just an arrogant ginger businessman at first.

The CG is okay at times, weak at other times.

And yeah, it's good he's not writing it. Hopefully it's good.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #606 on: March 28, 2011, 07:28:33 PM
And just watched End of Eva for like...5th to 7th time, I lost count.  And still love the [tornado fang] out of it.

Whoops, wrong thread  8D

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #607 on: March 28, 2011, 07:38:04 PM
Rebuild is superior. CHARACTERS GET BAWLS.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #608 on: March 29, 2011, 12:33:15 AM
I saw and yes, 2.0 is bloody awesome.  I GREATLY look forward to see how things'll develop in 3.0 and 4.0~

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #609 on: March 30, 2011, 01:40:02 AM
Had to watch the 1990's version of Lord of the Flies in English.

There were enough changes that I crammed the space on the worksheet and almost an entire lined paper. Main ones were that there's still an adult with them that's alive (though injured and delusional) and the kids are all American cadets of... something. Also a lot more vulgarity, with the main "antagonist" dropping the occasional F Bomb. The whole thing overall felt rather condensed. I mean, from the way it's presented, it happened over the course of maybe a week at most. Not nearly enough time for them to all go nuts and savage, I'd say. Characters are also not nearly as drawn out. 90% of the dialogue is between Ralph and Piggy or Ralph and Jack. The rest is random babble from random kids that aren't at all named, or given ones that were definitely not in the book. Hell, Roger, the bastard that kills one of 'em, isn't given a name at all in this till the twins, Sam and Eric, briefly mention what he's planning to do to Ralph.

On the plus side, at least they can remember their [tornado fang]ing lines and don't pause for 2 minutes straight like in the original film.

Overall, more realistic in terms of some events, but the general rushed feel kinda ruins that.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention this incredibly retarded bit they added. Shortly after the death of the only other sane character on the island, Ralph and Piggy are sitting at the beach thinking about it and [parasitic bomb]. Angst scene right? Nope, Ralph finds the remains of an accordion randomly washed up on the beach, and they begin laughing over it along with some other stupid thing they were talking about beforehand. Most pointless addition to any adaption of anything I've seen.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #610 on: April 02, 2011, 08:19:53 PM

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #611 on: April 04, 2011, 02:54:20 AM
Came back from Rango. Thank god the morals weren't forced in, as all westerns shouldn't. That, and some of the jokes were meh, but the poptarts thing caught me off guard. Can they actually SURVIVE in that climate? I know that twinkies can survive a nuclear holocaust, but poptarts in intense heat? o~O

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
  • 'Ya better pray to Martel one last time...
    • View Profile
    • My Chatango Chatpod From When I Was Still A Nooblet
Reply #612 on: April 07, 2011, 08:54:40 PM
I'll keep this short. I saw Rango and Unstoppable. Both awesome movies.

End of discussion.

Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality.

I learned that all things explode in slowmotion if you punch them hard enough.

You may have to be on fire for that to happen, though.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #613 on: April 11, 2011, 11:54:49 PM
Are you [tornado fang]ing kidding me? They have actually chosen Zod as the villain for the next Superman movie.

Quote from: Zach Snyder 9the director)
"Zod is not only one of Superman's most formidable enemies, but one of the most significant because he has insights into Superman that others don't,"

Really? I didnt find him one of Superman's "most formidable" enemies.

Most Formidable?

I think Doomsday.
Braniac.
hell, even Luthor. ( although by now i'm sick of seeing him in the movies)
But Zod? He was a one off Villain, who was really only ever decided to take over the Human race because he is strong enough to there.

Is it too much to ask to some day see Braniac in the movies..?

But you know what, at least it isnt Luthor again.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #614 on: April 11, 2011, 11:59:32 PM
Zod is formidable because he's essentially Superman with militaristic training and a desire to conquer. Mind you, I agree as I'd much prefer to see Brainiac.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #615 on: April 12, 2011, 12:20:19 AM
I'd rather have him pitted against both Braniac -AND- Luthor in a tag-team. Besides.. Having to alternate between Luthor and Zod gets tiring. I'd like him to go up against the Mole Men as a rematch for all I care.  ::)

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #617 on: May 15, 2011, 06:43:30 AM
I saw Thor this evening.  It was awesome fun and I am digging the Marvel Studios movie continuity that's linking the films.  Asgard in CG was very pretty and the 3D effects were done nicely, as in they didn't look like paper.  Some of the CG particle effects were awful, though, which is sad, as particle effects are sometimes the only good thing about CG.  And I didn't see any background cameo of Beta Ray Bill.  I am disappoint.

Still a fun, movie, though.  Can't wait for Avengers!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #618 on: May 28, 2011, 08:44:48 AM
Watched an interesting little Russian movie by the name of Vedma.

Not the best of movies, but pretty good nonetheless, and it has great atmosphere.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #619 on: May 28, 2011, 10:42:05 AM
I saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie today~! It was awesome!

There is only one thing I'll say, and it was pretty shown in some of the ads for it. But I'll put it in a spoiler just in case. Granted, it's only a single tidbit anyway.
[spoiler]If you kiss a mermaid, it may be the best kiss you'll ever have, but it will be your last! MERMAIDS ARE (mostly) EVIL!!![/spoiler]

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #620 on: May 28, 2011, 06:08:30 PM
I saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie today~! It was awesome!

There is only one thing I'll say, and it was pretty shown in some of the ads for it. But I'll put it in a spoiler just in case. Granted, it's only a single tidbit anyway.
[spoiler]If you kiss a mermaid, it may be the best kiss you'll ever have, but it will be your last! MERMAIDS ARE (mostly) EVIL!!![/spoiler]

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #621 on: May 28, 2011, 06:14:55 PM
I'm planning to see Thor some time soon and I'm waiting for the new Conan and Red Sonja movies to hit theatres this summer.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #622 on: June 03, 2011, 10:47:23 AM
I went and saw X-Men: First Class tonight. It was an X-cellent movie. Sure, it does not go well with comic continuity, but I love the fact that it pretty much erases X3 & Wolverine: Origins from X-Men movie continuity. It was a good movie though.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #623 on: June 13, 2011, 11:19:22 PM
I went and saw X-Men: First Class tonight. It was an X-cellent movie. Sure, it does not go well with comic continuity, but I love the fact that it pretty much erases X3 & Wolverine: Origins from X-Men movie continuity. It was a good movie though.
Hellz yeah! Just finished watching it the LEFT WAY, and I'm definitely buying the DVD when it comes out here in POLOND.
Who cares about comic continuity? This was an awesome watch, and I [tornado fang]ing hope they make completely new X-men movies, erasing ALL THE PREVIOUS ones.

[spoiler]I loved Wolverine's appearance. "Go [tornado fang] yourself". Oh, Wolvie. Oh, you.[/spoiler]

The casting for Shaw, Xavier and Erik was perfect. Shame that everybody else seemed kinda... ummm...

[spoiler]And the fact that the black guy died first is also kinda...[/spoiler]

Overall, a great watch and I'll certainly see it again.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #624 on: June 18, 2011, 07:11:22 AM
I really hate to say it, but Green Lantern was a disappointment. The movie had its entertaining moments and glimmers of character development but they tried to squish too many elements into the plot and you what they say about too many cooks and broth.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus