Saber · 721200

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5025 on: January 12, 2017, 08:53:49 AM
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days on stream. Still a fun game.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5026 on: January 12, 2017, 03:18:00 PM
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days on stream. Still a fun game.

Kinda wish that one wasn't just a movie on 2.5, would have loved to play it again.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5027 on: January 26, 2017, 06:53:09 AM
Been playing Nefarious. I backed it on kickstarter a while back and its just come out.

Bit rough around the edges, but it's fun. You are the bad guy who kidnaps the princess, and fight the hero in reverse boss fights, which are definitely the highlight

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #5028 on: January 29, 2017, 05:42:44 AM
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright.

I swear they do everything in their power to make sure you marry either your sister or your maid.  The Hoshidan women are nuts.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5029 on: January 30, 2017, 02:39:06 AM
Conquest girls are worse.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #5030 on: January 31, 2017, 06:43:18 AM
I dunno Peri was cute.

But yeah I mean Camilla, Elise and the Maids were the only good girls in Conquest.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #5031 on: February 03, 2017, 09:20:32 AM
I've been playing Dragon Ball Fusions.
Since Christmas.
Send help.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #5032 on: February 11, 2017, 04:17:03 AM
Been playing God Eater Resurrection and Dragon Quest 7.

Haven't gotten to the point I can change jobs in DQ7.

Res on the other hand I gotten a lot better than I was in Burst, the new weapons helped a lot and I finally used my [tornado fang]ing Gun regularly, though in exchange I'm neglecting my Sheild.  To drive that point home I actually took on the Solo Alisa Missions by myself unlinke in Burst when my now BF had to bail me out.

I kinda miss the Predator Styles of Res, I was pretty unstoppable near the end. The Blood Arts of GE2 Rage Burst just aren't doing it for me for the most part.

So uhh... yeah. God Eater Rage Burst, and I recently finished going through Chrono Trigger on my Super Famicom. Not much else really, particularly now that stuff is picking up at work.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #5033 on: February 11, 2017, 04:22:00 AM
My boyfriend is the opposite way, he prefers Blood Arts and feels they're balanced while Predator Style seems over powered.  Particularly Cornix. 

Haven't made too much progress due to being busy with school.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #5034 on: February 11, 2017, 12:14:26 PM
Finished RE7 in 12 hours. \o/

Very cool game. There be spoilers.

[spoiler]I knew almost nothing about it, so a lot of the gameplay and story were a total surprise. Love how the setting and characters have this creepy Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibe. I also appreciate the game's scope being more on the modest side this time... the way things were building up in RE4-6, the next part would've been a Resident Evil galactic war or something. And there's finally some mystery in the series again, which is nice.

The game itself felt like REmake Lite, I thought. Safe to say that I enjoyed it the most while you're in the general mansion perimeter. The slasher flick atmosphere there, the exploration and how quiet that whole place is. There were a few parts in the final act that kinda just played on autopilot, but the ship area was pretty sweet when it started for real and the guesthouse full circle at the end was a nice touch. I cured Zoe because out of those two people she was the only one who didn't sever my hand. Will heal Mia next time.

Normal mode was pretty tame survival-wise. Plenty of supplies and not much to figure out in terms of item management. There was sometimes a thing or two you could do out of order that made a difference (I went back to the mansion for the Grenade Launcher and it owned Marguerite), but RE7 never felt like this giant mansion maze. You can get anywhere in the house without much effort and the objective is always straight ahead. In classic REs you were lost in a big labyrinth of locked doors, grabbing items having no idea what they're for and constantly thinking about how to deal with monsters in the way. RE7 puzzles, item fetching and progression in general were kind of a simplified version of old RE. Those aren't bad things though, just things I noticed.

As usual in FPS games I'm not great at the combat, but in this case it wasn't hard to anticipate encounters with the right setup. I wonder if blocking completely parries the attack if you time it well... I didn't block a lot this time.[/spoiler]

I would jump right into Madhouse mode, but I don't think it's very healthy to have a copy of Bloodborne within reach for months and not play it.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #5035 on: March 02, 2017, 05:19:37 AM
Finished Bloodborne for the first time. All bosses including DLC and all fixed Chalice Dungeons.

Awesome game. Gotta admit that it took me a while to lose myself in it, probably a combo of series fatigue + still feeling cautious about using my hand for twitchy gameplay. I end up playing in shorter bursts and taking lots of breaks to be safe. Bleh. =\

Things I like better in Souls
[spoiler]- This game feels restrained coming from Dark Souls 1 and 2 IMO. There aren't many build options or weapons, and the path is super linear and samey. I mean, Bloodborne has a different style of replay incentive with the combat being more technical and all, but limiting the stat builds and routing choices makes the game less interesting to me. Especially thinking about future playthroughs... when DS2 came out I had tons of complaints about it, but I was already planning my next run before the first one was over. In Bloodborne I'm pretty excited about learning parries and other combat intricacies, but not so much about planning where to go and what to grab on the way.

- I miss simple backstabs and shields. Oh, and rings! I need my fast stamina regen and hypermode (is there a rune for those, Beasthood aside?).

- Kinda ties with the first thing, but the loot in this game is so predictable. 90% of the time you just find redundant blood stuff or bullets. Souls games have a bigger/better variety of items, enemy drops, boss souls, etc. Plus with the repetitive layout of certain areas, after a while I wasn't hardcore exploring them anymore, just charging forward.[/spoiler]

Things I like better in Bloodborne
[spoiler]- This game is surprisingly... not trolly... not saying there weren't traps, but sometimes I'm 40+ minutes into a new area and somehow it's still quiet and safe. Except for Chalice Dungeons and maybe a couple parts of the DLC, enemy placement is never too suffocating and even the bosses were pretty straight forward. There just aren't many BS parts in this. Not a lot of cryptic moments either.

- Items sent to storage when you're full! Now that's nice.

- Gameplay is smooth, like the real evolution of DS1. If only DS2 played like this instead of tweaking every little thing to be more of an obstacle. Visceral attacks are really cool too. I also enjoy exploring with the torch in the dark/at night. Seems like that's what they truly wanted DS2 to feel like.[/spoiler]

Other stuff
[spoiler]- I found the Chalice Dungeons very tedious, at least the fixed ones (only played offline). It doesn't help that the loot is mostly ritual materials, so you end up exploring a dungeon with the sole purpose of opening the next one. Would be nice to enter a depth 4 chalice during a main game run and grab some OP gear there, but the way they're structured you can't do deeper areas before you slog through a bunch of others, and by then you'll be so advanced that there's no point anymore. The maze layouts weren't exactly a delight either. Some of the bosses were neat, though, when they weren't literally just regular enemies with an HP bar. I do like how the altars carry over to NG+ so you can enter Lv.4-5 dungeons whenever and farm XP like crazy.

- My current series rank: Dark Souls > Demon's Souls > Bloodborne = Dark Souls 2 (they're all at least 9/10 games IMO)[/spoiler]

Next up... maybe RE7 Madhouse.

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
Reply #5036 on: March 06, 2017, 11:31:54 PM
Mega Man II for Game Boy. Underrated title and a great time waster (and unfortunately the only Mega Man game I brought back to school with me). Though after a recent play through, it glitched out and Wily just left the game completely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPEGmzCXtck

Offline Arikado

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #5037 on: March 09, 2017, 06:57:52 PM
Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 2

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5038 on: March 10, 2017, 04:27:22 AM
A metric fuckton of SF3: 3rd Strike. Getting into Skullgirls as well, slowly.

Been hijacking my friend's Switch to play BOTW as well. That's fun.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5039 on: March 15, 2017, 05:46:55 AM
Fast RMX, which is SO SO awesome to have as a Switch game.  Seriously, the "TV or handheld" nature of the system is a perfect fit for a racer.

Also dabbled a little into Shovel Knight Treasure Trove.  Love it, it's just hard to tear myself away from Zelda.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5040 on: April 05, 2017, 06:35:12 PM
Persona 5, bitches.

But for now, I'm moreso playing the beginning. I want to finish Danganronpa 2 before I delve completely into P5, because I've been holding off on that for [tornado fang]ing ever.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #5041 on: April 08, 2017, 01:10:08 AM
Finished off the Dark Souls 3 DLC. Next on my list is good ol Persona 5, along with Zelda at times.

Offline Arikado

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #5042 on: April 08, 2017, 09:06:17 PM
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #5043 on: April 10, 2017, 03:33:38 PM
im in a permanent cycle of ffxiv roleplays and leveling, as an alt-a-holic
but i recently reinstalled the sims 2 because of its interesting conspiracies and storytelling
however, the black box glitch persists.... thank god for boolprop simshadows false

squemp

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5044 on: April 17, 2017, 05:25:48 AM
Fire Emblem: Heroes.  (aka the ONE phone game I give a damn about)

Got bunny Camilla on my very last summon on the final day of Spring Festival.  So now I'm trying to build her without turning her into a Cecillia/Nino clone like everyone else tells you to.

I did gather up another 20 orbs since the Echoes event, but I'm debating if I actually want to use them now or just wait for a new banner.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #5045 on: April 18, 2017, 01:43:51 PM
Playing Yooka-Laylee. For better or worse, it is literally everything you'd expect from an N64 style collect-a-thon. I'm enjoying it.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5046 on: April 21, 2017, 09:03:01 AM
Tried me some Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator at a buddy's place for an hour or two tonight. God DAMN that game is sick. Affirmed its place next to UNIEL as one of the only anime fighters I actually like.

As for what I'm still playing, it's the usual. WoW and Dark Souls. I'm gonna put Midir down and then put 3 down for a LONG time and go back to DS2, when the series was good. Also putting some time into Overwatch because I have no self-respect.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5047 on: April 21, 2017, 09:22:19 AM
If you like UNIEL, I suggest playing Actress Again.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #5048 on: May 05, 2017, 02:11:11 PM
Been replaying some short retro games while Dark Souls 3: The Fire Fades slowly makes its way here via jungle raft.

DuckTales -- I didn't know that medals were a thing in this game. Not only you get the best newspaper for collecting $10 million/all big treasures, you also score a gold medal for beating the game on Difficult. It's nice how much DT changes from any% to best ending. Suddenly the game is 5x bigger.

Super Mario Bros. 2 -- Wanted to do a playthrough as Toad only. Wasn't as hard as I thought, although some levels like 5-1 are kind of a pain without a more controllable jump. This game is really cool, I don't give it enough credit usually.

Mystical Fighter -- Pretty unremarkable Genesis beat-'em-up in general, so much that I... forgot how to play it. I got through the whole thing with just jump kicks and roll kicks and it felt super lame. Then I restarted to see if I was missing something and yep, totally forgot about the OP grab attack where you spin enemies and throw them. It's not the most intuitive move to discover on your own because you have to touch the enemy while holding the attack button. I think the manual teaches it, though, at least. Went through the game again and it was much faster (and better).

Thunder Force 3 -- Finished the hardest difficulty (Mania). Damn, this game is freaking awesome. Along with the first party Sega stuff and Treasure, this is the kind of game that makes the best use of the Genesis' speed and sound. The action is so fast and smooth. Mania wasn't as hard as I imagined but still pretty tough.

Gley Lancer -- Another shmup beaten on the hardest difficulty (also named Mania). Except this one was brutal. The bullets are so fast and so many, there were several parts I couldn't get through without constant pausing. It doesn't help that this is one of those shmups where you die and have to restart from a checkpoint. And the power-ups aren't quite as powerful as I remember, though maybe playing this right after TF3 had something to do with it. Why not give you a little shield at least...? The music is fantastic and the action is also lightning fast. I like TF3 better, though.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5049 on: May 05, 2017, 04:40:46 PM
Dark Souls 3 Co-oping

Momodora on the PS4 (a Dark Souls/Metroidvania type game)

and the occasional Palace of the Dead run in Final Fantasy 14 while I wait for Stormblood to release.  8D