The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 728719

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3875 on: July 12, 2013, 08:30:34 AM
I watched Cry's LP. He's really good about letting you experience the story properly then commentating when everything's cooled down again.

I played BioShock Infinite first, at least. But my experience was kind of ruined by Intel graphics.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3876 on: July 18, 2013, 09:32:15 AM
Started Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

My sniper rifle doesn't have a zoom yet so I'm just using the bow and arrow instead. Much more satisfying to kill with, plus stealthier. My only other experience with the series is a bit of 2 and it seems not much hasn't changed in the environment making it a [sonic slicer] to get from place to place with constant enemy patrols and now hostile wildlife in addition. At least this game is probably a fair while shorter than the main entries so it's enough to tolerate in this instance. I just wanna go through the whole thing with almost nothing but the bow used.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3877 on: July 18, 2013, 10:16:31 AM
Half-Life: Source (PC)
Assassin's Creed II (360)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (360)

I kind of cheated my way through some of the more unfavorable parts of HL in my first run so going through it legit this time I'm seeing a lot of areas and paths I didn't know existed until now. I also realize that this game is maddeningly difficult on easy (and I've played as much as I can on hard as well). I don't remember the goldsrc version being this hard.

Also I started Wolverine on Normal (because I'm not a pussy) and I really obviously suck at beat-'em-ups.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3878 on: July 21, 2013, 06:49:02 AM
Dragon Warrior Online on BYOND.  I may check out the other games available.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #3879 on: July 26, 2013, 06:22:24 PM
Trying out Better DS3 yesterday. Just as I gushed about it here, this program is the shiznight. :D

As you can see, MUCH cleaner and elegant interface compared to ShovelwareinJoy's. This shot shows me using the Direct Input configuration for my brother's PS3 controller and the Direct Input controls works wonders for my older PC games and doujin games. Played around with the PC versions of Mega Man X4 (someone made a Japanese in-game voice patch for it too) and X8, Crescent Pale Mist, Streets of Rage Remake v5.0a, Ultimate Knight Windom XP, RayCrisis' PC port, and Acceleration of SUGURI X-Edition and it works beautifully. It also has XInput for newer games out there, and my games believed my brother's PS3 controller was an Xbox 360 controller for those that supported it. The only downside to this for me is that you need MalwareinJoy's o.71001 drivers to work this thing (as of writing), but once you have those installed to your PS3 controller, you never have to touch MalwareinJoy's DS3 Tool ever again. In fact, uninstall it while listening to this, it makes the set-up procedure of Better DS3 all the more awesome.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3880 on: July 28, 2013, 10:44:16 PM
x360ce's always worked for me.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3881 on: July 28, 2013, 11:43:54 PM
In the past week I started and cleared VVVVVV along with the first Splinter Cell.

VVVVVV was some of the biggest bullshit I've dealt with in a long while and I'm not sure if that's entirely up to the level design or the stupid [tornado fang]ing slippery momentum that's incredibly prevalent in any game like this that drives me up the wall. I can forgive it all though, because the music is [tornado fang]ing gorgeous. It's not strictly limited to the actual capabilities of 8bit but it's still some of the best chiptunes I've heard.

Splinter Cell meanwhile, i dunno what to think. Not too bad. There's absolutely no form of stats or score so there's really no difference between just knocking out a guard or killing them except a few missions the make the latter an automatic failure. I still got 2 more games to go through and I hear Chaos Theory was the height of the series, so I guess things can only go up from here.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3882 on: July 29, 2013, 12:28:04 AM
VVVVVV was some of the biggest bullshit I've dealt with in a long while and I'm not sure if that's entirely up to the level design or the stupid [tornado fang]ing slippery momentum that's incredibly prevalent in any game like this that drives me up the wall. I can forgive it all though, because the music is [tornado fang]ing gorgeous. It's not strictly limited to the actual capabilities of 8bit but it's still some of the best chiptunes I've heard.

YESSSSSSS I was hoping someone would bring up VVVVVV some time in this thread. Like you said, it definitely has some of the catchiest tunes in existence.

I have it on my 3DS and I love the game to death. I do agree that the momentum is slippery.

And honestly, even after dying so many [tornado fang]ing times, I can't stop loving it. When I die, I immediately come back for more, no matter how frustrating it gets. Don't even get me started on the Veni Vidi Vici challenge. I believe I died more than 200 times on that challenge alone, but for the love of God, I couldn't stop playing.

My death toll comes up to 1,161.

Interestingly, this is one of the very few uber-difficult games where I didn't storm out of the room in frustration. I think it's because the checkpoints are so forgiving that it gives you the incentive to continue over and over again.

This game made a masochist out of me. 8D

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3883 on: July 29, 2013, 12:36:47 AM
i gave up on Veni Vidi Vici after what I assume to be 97 deaths going by the end game stats. My total death count was around the same as yours though.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3884 on: July 29, 2013, 12:40:05 AM
I ended up getting all 20 Trinkets. Goddamn, it was absolute hell to complete every single challenge.

I'm surprised I haven't went mad. >_>

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3885 on: July 29, 2013, 03:04:29 AM
aaaand just cleared Vene, Vidi, Vici! Took me an hour. 7 more to go.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3886 on: July 29, 2013, 03:10:09 AM
Nice!

I imagine you felt extremely relieved to have conquered it, like I did.

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #3887 on: July 29, 2013, 03:11:51 AM
Misshitsu no Sacrifice Jitka: Aru Heisa Shisetsu kara no Dasshutsu

Someone....ANYONE.....Help....meeeeeeeeee.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3888 on: July 29, 2013, 03:12:32 AM
Nice!

I imagine you felt extremely relieved to have conquered it, like I did.
i had a celebratory bowl of pretzels and then a mini red velvet cupcake my sis made earlier

i haven't felt that concentrated on a game in a long while. kinda wish I could manage that in TF2 and the like

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #3889 on: July 31, 2013, 10:17:44 PM
An unhealthy amount of Dota2

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #3890 on: August 03, 2013, 07:34:27 AM
Rogue Galaxy (PS2).

Currently on Chapter 8, and Insectron Rank C. Gotta do Juraikan ruins next now that I finished up Pokitaru Alistia.

God I wanna play Ratchet and Clank bad.

what

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3891 on: August 03, 2013, 07:42:10 AM
More fun in P3 FES.

Yabbashah is the worst Tartarsauce block.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3892 on: August 03, 2013, 08:13:20 AM
Been replaying ZX and ZX Advent these few days.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3893 on: August 03, 2013, 08:19:32 AM
started Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

very much an improvement, very in-depth. The meter for sound made and what is currently an audible level for guards is a great addition. My nitpicking has been thoroughly appeased so far. only real thing of minor irking is simply the outdated graphics, and even then just how laughably bad and outright unsettling the in-game facial models and animation are. Everything else meanwhile holds up very well, with some much needed dynamic lighting and such.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #3894 on: August 03, 2013, 03:24:48 PM
Playing Halo 4 Spartan Ops, co-op with my brother. Already on the third episode.

Fear me.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #3895 on: August 03, 2013, 06:48:33 PM
started Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

very much an improvement, very in-depth. The meter for sound made and what is currently an audible level for guards is a great addition. My nitpicking has been thoroughly appeased so far. only real thing of minor irking is simply the outdated graphics, and even then just how laughably bad and outright unsettling the in-game facial models and animation are. Everything else meanwhile holds up very well, with some much needed dynamic lighting and such.

complaining about outdated graphics in splinter cell is like complaining about outdated graphics in starfox 64

it's just not fair

period.

what

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3896 on: August 03, 2013, 07:07:36 PM
i have no issue with them, just the faces which somehow got worse since the first game

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3897 on: August 05, 2013, 01:07:33 AM
Halo: Combat Evolved Co-op
Half-Life: Opposing Force

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3898 on: August 05, 2013, 03:38:07 AM
Pokemon World Online on BYOND.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3899 on: August 05, 2013, 08:05:47 AM
I tried to play Front Mission Evolved, but ther is a 1/2 to 1 second delay in the controls. The best excuse I could think of is it's a walking tank, but using the mouse kinda ruins that illusion. And there aren't any option for re-assigning "gamepad" controls. I'm sure it's a great game, but it's severely lacking in control options. And even if the input lag in "in universe", it's way worse than the delay in Gun Hazard, which I'm fine with.