Saber · 724275

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4975 on: June 13, 2016, 10:26:30 AM
Nah I didn't have Berserker Risk on, so I won't be getting one. So far it looks like it'll be how it was in past years: I'm assigned 4 random jobs from all crystals, weighted towards later ones and arranged so the earliest one I can get shows up first, and I have to use Freelancers until I'm able to switch to my first job. And my Wind job is Ranger, which is actually from the Fire Crystal.

So I have to use a party of nothing but Freelancers until after Liquid Flame. Of course this could change depending on what comes next, but I think my jobs will be from the Fire and Earth crystals. Which means no berserkers, thankfully, but also no mages at all.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4976 on: June 14, 2016, 11:11:51 AM
Nevermind I got one for my Fire Crystal job.

I really don't know what to expect here. But I also finally got Ranger and once I get the Earth Crystal I can have Dancer. Which is great because Dancer gets to use Ribbons and those will be very beneficial against the final boss.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Musashi the Master

• Cyberelf
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4977 on: August 21, 2016, 07:07:58 PM
Sword Art Online Re Hollow Fragment.

[spoiler]Finally did 100 implentments and got the trophy after a few years. Now It's back to the main game for me. :) Currently doing the Estric Sword Skill quests.[/spoiler]

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #4978 on: August 31, 2016, 10:18:32 AM
Pokemon Yellow

Today's lesson is that Nidoking is something you should never not be able to have at the start of the game

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4979 on: August 31, 2016, 10:21:04 AM
Wow usually my go to would be something like Fearow/Dodrio, Raichu, and/or Sandslash/Primape depending on the game or starter. 

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4980 on: August 31, 2016, 11:24:18 AM
So far we're a jolly band of Nidoking, Clefable, Spearow, Weepinbell and Drowsee about to board the SS Anne. Diglett is a probationary member of the team.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4981 on: August 31, 2016, 11:51:59 AM
So you dumped your Pikachu, not that I blame you.

It's kind of why I don't play Yellow, along with the anime kind of leaving a sour taste in my mouth most of the time.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4982 on: August 31, 2016, 02:16:42 PM
I'm not even using the gift Pokemon so far, which is a shame. I might use a Fire Stone on Eevee when I receive it though.

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #4983 on: August 31, 2016, 10:05:54 PM
Currently juggling around:
I am Setsuna, Grand Theft Auto V, Tales of Zestiria and Project X Zone 2

Almost done with GTAV, thankfully.

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4984 on: September 02, 2016, 06:18:17 AM
World of Warcraft: Legion

I'm hearing that it's basically second place to Wrath of the Lich King and honestly I gotta say from what I've seen that's pretty accurate. It's pretty amazing.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4985 on: September 06, 2016, 05:41:41 AM
Mastered my first character ever in Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Ken, whose last name funnily enough is Masters... I've wanted to do this since the game came out.

To get the master screen you need to finish the hardest difficulty without losing a round. And we're talking 1990s-fighting-game-AI don't lose a round. Took me a couple of days of grinding and studying the AI. Watched some YT videos and practiced the 4 bosses a LOT before I started seriously attempting this.

As much as I hate fighting game AI, I had fun learning their patterns this time. It helps that Ken has an answer to everything, so even if someone broke pattern I could sometimes think of something on the fly. Sometimes. I just get so nervous even knowing the answer to the fight. One misstep and the whole run is dead. At max difficulty Balrog and Bison can easily kill you in one combo, which is not exactly a joke. Glad I finally did it.

I chose to do this on Turbo because it's my favorite version of SF2. I like Super/ST okay, but on the SNES the music and sound effects have so much more oomph in Turbo than Super. Plus this is the version I played the most as a kid.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4986 on: September 07, 2016, 04:55:51 AM
Doesn't SF AI have a really weird tendency to duck... Constantly? Or is that just IV and V?

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4987 on: September 07, 2016, 04:17:59 PM
Street Fighter AI has a tendency to do everything horrible you can possibly imagine, haha :( They pretty much know your inputs the moment you press the button. Everything boils down to finding AI exploits, which I don't think is very satisfying, but hey. At least I did it.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4988 on: September 08, 2016, 01:19:33 PM
8+ hours of grinding later... I did it! F you, SSF2, you are mastered.

Same rules for the master screen: beat the hardest mode with no rounds lost. I went with Vega this time because he has great counters, excellent range and good damage. Not having a projectile takes some adjusting, but once you figure out how to deal with each enemy, it's no big deal.

Actually dealing with each enemy is a big deal, though... it's not like you can just spam the one strategy and win. There are always 2-3 opponents that fall to the same method, but there are multiple fighting styles you gotta master to beat everyone. Took me forever to learn how to fight Ryu and Ken (they are pretty fun to fight, though), while Vega was total chaos and Bison was... hell, I still don't know how I won. I adopted the same strategy the ~5 times I made it to him and somehow one of those times it worked. The videos I watched make him look pretty simple, so maybe I was doing something wrong.

The new challengers aren't bad to fight. Dee Jay, Cammy and Fei Long are free. I always thanked RNG-sus when they appeared on the list. T. Hawk is braindead easy 90% of the time, but he can throw you off with zero effort sometimes. I still prefer fighting him (difficulty-wise) over Guile or either shoto. Chun Li was boooring. I hate this fight because the safest method (that I found) involves waiting for her to stop spamming fireballs, which can take literally the whole fight. When you're frustrated after the 87th retry, this kind of thing can make you extra salty.

Gotta admit that I had way more fun than I expected. I might do World Warrior to close the series, but I dunno, WW is practically the same game as Turbo.

Notes I wrote while practicing:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 03:36:51 PM by Da Dood »

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4989 on: September 09, 2016, 03:36:32 PM
And it's done! Mastered SF2 World Warrior as Ryu. \o/

Master screen:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Harder than Turbo, easier than Super, both by a considerable amount. The AI is dumber in certain ways (I mean, you can jump kick Guile...), you deal more damage and enemies get stunned faster. There's also one less fight because you don't do the mirror match in WW.

But when their health is low/time is running out, the AI's berserk mode gets pretty ridiculous. Vega will stop at nothing to throw you. Dhalsim... has Dhalsim ever been hard, ever? Because he killed me a lot in this game. Bison will spam Psycho Crusher which, to be fair, is easy to anticipate, but if you do the wrong move (like block) he'll throw you immediately afterwards for a nice 50% slice of your HP. Balrog is very annoying in this, which is surprising because you wouldn't think that's the character that would need to be nerfed.

I did sort of find a solution for the berserk mode: setting the time limit to infinite. This guarantees that the enemy won't go crazy before their health is low (I often had fights where I blocked everything without an opportunity to attack, and then the timer was low and they'd go berserk). The problem with this strat was Vega. I can keep him jump kicking at nothing during berserk mode, which is a certain win as long as I have more health than he does. But if the timer never runs out, I'm gonna have to approach him in that state at some point. Somehow it felt better to deal with everyone else's berserk than Vega's.

This one was equal parts frustrating and fun. I'm glad I did it, for sure. Feels really good to be done with these.

Practice notes:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4990 on: September 13, 2016, 03:58:18 AM
Dark Souls 3.

It's... Easy.
And kind of underwhelming.

Now maybe it's just because I'm under an hour in but if I managed to get past the second bonfire in high wall with no deaths during my first run through the game... I don't know man, that doesn't seem right. I died more in DS1 and 2 in far shorter periods. Could be because I'm used to Souls game handling? [parasitic bomb], I don't know. I hope the difficulty ramps up more once I get to the boss.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4991 on: September 18, 2016, 02:53:37 AM
I got A Link to the Past and Pocket Card Jockey for the New 3DS.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4992 on: September 25, 2016, 07:31:50 AM
I got Earthbound for the New 3DS, I forgot how brutal the game is in the beginning since Ness doesn't have Armor and the Cracked Bat sucks.  I hope I can get through Peaceful Rest Valley this time....

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4993 on: September 25, 2016, 02:31:03 PM
Dark Souls 3.

It's... Easy.
And kind of underwhelming.

Now maybe it's just because I'm under an hour in but if I managed to get past the second bonfire in high wall with no deaths during my first run through the game... I don't know man, that doesn't seem right. I died more in DS1 and 2 in far shorter periods. Could be because I'm used to Souls game handling? [parasitic bomb], I don't know. I hope the difficulty ramps up more once I get to the boss.

Every Souls game has an easier first area--plus like you've said you've played the others.

Mid to late game gets to Bloodborne levels of challenge.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4994 on: September 26, 2016, 05:51:03 PM
Yeah I'm in Cathedral of the Deep atm and it's a little bit more of a challenge, but it's still a little bit too manageable for my tastes. Once again, I hate fastrolling in full armor.

But I don't play a lot anymore since I don't have the time. I'm completely focused on WoW Legion right now (capped over the weekend). Also got Mad Max and I've been playing that on the down-low whenever I have time.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4995 on: September 27, 2016, 12:44:23 AM
Cathedral of the Deep is the last easy area-although it's one of the more complex Souls areas with all the hidden areas and alternate paths.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4996 on: September 27, 2016, 01:39:48 AM
Giving God Eater a go, since it's something I can play on my commute. It'll probably take forever to get anywhere.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4997 on: September 27, 2016, 01:40:41 AM
Giving God Eater a go, since it's something I can play on my commute. It'll probably take forever to get anywhere.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! 0v0

You have no idea how much I love that game!

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4998 on: September 27, 2016, 01:42:29 AM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! 0v0

You have no idea how much I love that game!
Well, I'll be sure to keep you up to date on my thoughts of it :P

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4999 on: September 27, 2016, 01:46:46 AM
Speaking of which you are playing Resurrection and not Burst right?  Unfortunately I haven't gotten a hand on Resurrection yet, which has a lot of game play changes since it's another remake and I'm planning on getting the Steam Version which has no Crossplay with the Sony Platforms.