Flame · 260875

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1550 on: July 02, 2010, 10:56:06 PM
"Exactly." The large vampire said to Blackmore, putting the eyeball back in his jacket and following Hearts. "As for the giant bat, I have the other eye seeking it out."

--------

Bluebeard thought for a moment. "Hope that my armor's secure." He said, making sure the straps and buckles were tight.

[Hmm... I still need a name for the vampire... Any ideas?]

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1551 on: July 02, 2010, 11:16:15 PM
"Here we are, how are you, Alucard?"

Alucard remained in silence.

"Do you believe it is working? Anything you'd like to add?"

Offline MadManX

• Supporter of Everything Epic!
  • Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #1552 on: July 03, 2010, 06:14:26 AM
[Hmm... I still need a name for the vampire... Any ideas?]
[Well, if Vladamir is out, maybe try Joseph? Nikita?

"As per the moment, he's just an extra piece on the board. My sources tell me that since he stole that armor suit, he can rip out the souls of living things."
Also, forgot my character's powers are starting to make a conflict. Sorry about that, hopefully some more careful writing can fix that! -u-']

After a couple blocks, Sam and Jiang came across a deserted corner. Jiang Shi slowed down to a stop, then made a monocle jesture with his hand over his eye. Sam was then compelled to speak.

"First of all, how on God's green Earth can you see me?"

"Invisibility is only an illusion that can only be overcome by losing what you use to normally perceive."

"So, wait...you're saying that you're-"

Just at that moment, a gust of wind comes from underneath the paper talisman, exposing his blank, dull eyes.

"Yes Samuel...I am blind. However, that does not mean I am perceiving you by sound alone. By feeling vibrations from the Earth, as well as feeling sound dance through the air, I can estimate where people are...and you seem as clear as day, though you say otherwise."

"Well, if you have those supernatural powers, and you're inside this castle...I guess you're now a myth, correct?"

Jiang Shi looked down solemnly. Even though he cannot sense the ground, he remembers this gesture well. It was the only way to communicate his apologies for an admiring fan, from what he can sense from Samuel's tone. He wish he could revoke this curse and return to his former days, as one of the greatest martial arts fighters from Beijing. Sadly, he knew in his heart he could not.

"Yes...I am now bound by this castle, one way or another."

Suddenly, Jiang looked up from the ground, grabbed Sam by the shoulders, and gave his cold gaze into Sam's determined eyes.

"But...there's still time to go. You don't have to stay here. They will do the same to you as they did to me. I beg you...Run as far away from this castle as you can!"

Samuel couldn't speak well from all this tension, to his idol from his youth, of all people...

"N-no...I can't! I must make that man pay for what he did to me!...and my wife..."

However, this emotional moment wouldn't last for long. Jiang Shi could already tell, from his senses...AN ENEMY DRAWS NEAR!!

[Sorry, couldn't resist a Dragon Quest joke. :P If anyone wants to join in with a vamp, it's open.]

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1553 on: July 03, 2010, 10:13:41 PM
The two were aproached by a slim, bald vampire who was wearring a noble purple suit.

"How melodramatic of you. I thought better of you mr. Jiang Shi. Are you telling me that you´re not happy in here? Just say it and I will release you of your pain."

The vampire looked to the direction where Sam was standing.

"I can smell your presence invisible one. With such tricks you won´t be able to fool me, count Orlox"

------------------------------------
Blackmore took a closer look at the stoic Alucard

"Yes, great job, I think you overdid it. I think he´s useless now!"

------------------------------------

Leena floated above Bluebeard.
"I hope too that your armor is secure. You are holding my body!"

"Calm down sis, I bet that the walking suit of armor will take good care of it..."

Said Remus and within seconds his friendly face turned mad and dangerous.

"Let´s just say you wouldn´t have enough time to regret it :P"

With that the group entered the graveyard.

"I should have picked some flowers"

thought Remus out loud

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1554 on: July 03, 2010, 10:45:22 PM
"Wouldn't have time to regret it?" Bluebeard asked, his ghostly head poking out of the armor. "Hellooooo. I'm a ghost too, ya know." He said, pulling his head back in. "It wouldn't be that I wouldn't have time to regret it, it would be that nobody'd let me forget."

------

The large vampire, Bjorn, pulled the eyeball out of his jacket, which was glowing. "I believe the other eye located the Bat." He said, taking another swig of his drink.

[There is an official name for the eyeballs, but whether or not it's appropriate to use said name is yet to be determined, since it's a Japanese beasty in a European Castle.]

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1555 on: July 03, 2010, 11:00:59 PM
(Dude, have you seen all the monsters inside Drac´s castle? Hell even Leatherface (Texas chainsaw massacre), Scissorman (Clocktower), Dio Brando (Jojo´s bizarre adventure), Raoh (Fist of the North star), Draculina (Van Helsing) , Various biblical creatures, Chtulu, Jiang Shi (Chineese kung fu vampire/zombie) are inside there, I doubt a small jap. eyeball thingy is out of place :P )

"Sorry to dissapoint you fatso, but I think your little eye friend is reacting to me"

Suddenly Zephyr was standing behind the three Vampires, holding Bjorn´s eyeball demon in his palm.

"You see, the good ol´ doctor  entrusted me with the mission to protect the identity..I mean location of the devil bat. It´s not like you could mean any danger to it...but I still have to make sure."

With that Zephyr crushed the eyeball.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1556 on: July 03, 2010, 11:10:58 PM
The shikigami (the eyeball creature) that Zephyr crushed turned into smoke and reformed on Bjorn's shoulder. Tch, it figures that the 'good doctor' would be an interference... He thought, the two shikigami fleeing to the safety of his coat. "Stop calling me fatso!"

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1557 on: July 03, 2010, 11:15:30 PM
"Sorry, but your name just sounds too..generic for me Zephyr to speak out loud"

Said Zephyr. He was leaned backwards a little not looking at Bjorn at the others. He then vanished and reappeared behind Alucard, holding his clawed hands close to his neck.

"Oh and BTW guys, what you are doing is completely useless, useless, useless. There is no way you can replace lord Dracula with his son, because you guys are clearly lacking somethin´ important!"

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1558 on: July 03, 2010, 11:21:36 PM
Bjorn glared at Zephyr, half tempted to throw his now empty goblet at him. He could hit him square in the forehead quite easily from this distance. "And what would be this important somethin'?" He snarled.

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1559 on: July 03, 2010, 11:25:07 PM
The next moment Zephyr was already standing behind the three vampires.
"My, my. And I thought you knew. Think a little, I bet that you guys are capable of figuring it out. Here´s a little hint: How did Dracula gain his powers? See ya!"

After that, Zephyr vanished from the room

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1560 on: July 03, 2010, 11:50:28 PM
"Fool! In 1982 they did the same thing, and guess what, they broke him! Don't you worry, he'll be dark and handsome soon enough, I have enabled his mind into a dark state, a nightmare so to speak."

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #1561 on: July 04, 2010, 01:14:28 PM
"Alice, there are some things you ought to know."

"Oh, really? Well, it's nice that you figured that out. How many years has it been?"

"I knew this day would come...I knew that, eventually, you would come to realise that there is so much I kept a secret from you."

"I knew that the day you crawled into that fancy bed of yours and never came out. You were a dead man. Even I could tell you had no intention of telling me before you croaked. Stop playing innocent."

"Alice, you must understand..."

"I don't care! I don't care how you want to justify it, and I'm not interested. Just tell me what you know. Everything you know, and now."

"As you wish. Where would you like me to start?"

"How about finding me in that rat-slum orphanage, for a start? And don't you go giving me any of that "Chosen One" crap. Did my parents send you?"

"No, Alice. If you must know, there was...really nothing at all extraordinary about you. I merely went to that orphanage to search for a test subject, and you were described as the most troublesome child, so I..."

"So you picked me out of the dregs like an abandoned dog. Lovely. Now, what's this about a test subject?"

"Before I tell you, Alice, I feel I should tell you..."

"You're not telling me anything but what I want to know. I don't care if you're just a spirit, I'm sure this Necromancer freak here knows how to interrogate a ghost."

"I understand. If you must know, I had gotten it into my head somehow that I could take a child - the more bothersome and unruly one I could find - and, through strict physical training and psychological conditioning, mould them into the ideal servant. The ideal child, mannerly, skillful and helpful, one that any parent would be proud to bear. That child just so happened to be you, Alice."

"So you wanted to turn a child into your slave?"

"Is that how you see it?"

"What do you think? Of course I do! You took away my freedom. Everything I did, I had to do it as you wanted me to, to please you. You never let me show emotion or nurtured me like a family would. I had to keep my feelings under wraps. It was obvious you didn't care."

"And what basis have you for thinking that? At what point did I hit you, or shout at you, or punish you for defying my expectations?"

"..."

"Exactly. I never did any of that."

"That...still doesn't mean you cared! Why didn't you say you did or make me feel good about myself?"

"Did it ever occur to you that I cared about you without having to vocalise it? Alice, despite what you may think, I am not a monster. Even if you think I took away your freedom and ability to show emotions, I still cared about you. I never hit you or berated you, yet you seem to also forget the times when I encouraged you and congratulated you for a job well done."

"Hey, wait, I..."

"You always see the worst in everyone, Alice. That's understandable - life in an orphanage can't be a very pleasant upbringing. Yet there is a point at which it becomes ridiculous and you shut yourself off from the world. Perhaps that is why you hid your emotions away: you were afraid to trust people."

"Why should I have trusted you? All I wanted was a family!"

"And did I not give you that? You would have remained in that orphanage for who knows how long, had I not adopted you as my own. Just because it wasn't the family you wanted doesn't mean you didn't have a family."

"..."

"Alice?"

"Why did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Turn me into this. I can't even walk down a hallway without keeping my hand on my knives, in case someone jumps out at me."

"Is that my fault? As I already said, Alice, you assume the worst of everybody. You think everybody is your enemy and that everybody you meet is intent on harming you or betraying you. Not everyone is your enemy, Alice."

"Just tell me why."

"Why? For your protection."

"...What?"

"You know as well as I do - perhaps more so - that there are bad people in the world who do want to harm you."

"But you just said..."

"There is a balance, Alice! There are good people and there are bad people. You assume there are only bad people, and it sours your view on the world and its people. Yet for those bad people that there are, I trained you so you could protect yourself against them. You just turned out better at it than I anticipated."

"..."

"What's the matter?"

"I...I only did my best because I thought it would make you proud...I thought it would make you love me..."

"Alice, don't be ridiculous. Love is unconditional - if I loved you, it wasn't because you were a good knife-thrower."

"But...did you love me?"

"I cannot answer that. I will let you decide that yourself."

"Mmmmmh...fine. The pocketwatch."

"Pardon?"

"What about the pocketwatch? Why did you give it to me?"

"Alice, you said it yourself: I was on my deathbed. I wanted to give you something to remember me by."

"But why can I...why can I use that weird magic thing it has, slowing time or whatever it is?"

"I am afraid I cannot answer that."

"Do you know?"

"Of course."

"Then tell me!"

"Why?"

"I need to know...!"

"So you can achieve some perverse form of closure? You won't achieve anything like that, Alice. You need to find out for yourself."

"Hey, I called you here for this! Now tell me, or I'll..."

"You'll what? You always say you'll use violence as a method of getting what you want, but I'm well aware that you rarely, if ever, mean it. You couldn't bring yourself to harm me, even if you did want to."

"Shut up! You can't say that about me!"

"Of course I can. I raised you, Alice. I know all about you. Isn't that how it ought to be?"

"..."

"Now, Alice, I need to ask you something."

"..."

"Alice?"

"What?"

"Alice, do you forgive me?"

"Huh?"

"Do you forgive me? I can tell you're not pleased with what I have told you. Do you forgive me for all you believe I have done to you?"

"..."

"Well?"

"I...cannot answer that. I'll let you decide that for yourself."

"Heheh...I understand. That's just what I was hoping you would say."

"..."

"Alice...Alice, are you crying?"

"What? No! Don't be stupid...!"

"It's alright to cry, Alice."

"Why, because you think it's okay now? Because I'm a child? Because I'm a girl?"

"No. Because you are human, Alice."

"..."

"Have you anything else to ask me?"

"...No."

"Then if that is all you have to ask me, Alice, I am afraid I must return from whence I came."

"...Don't go..."

"I'm sorry, Alice. I must."

"But...we were...I was..."

"This is not the end, Alice. I will always be with you, even if you don't want to believe I am. I will always be there for you."

"...Wait. Before you go..."

"Hm? What is it?"

"Your name...you never told me your name..."

"My name? It's Mistral."

"Mistral...is that really your name?"

"I'll let you figure that out for yourself. You're a smart girl, Alice. You can reach that conclusion by yourself."

"Okay...I understand."

"Goodbye, Alice."

"Bye..."

The spirit faded away into nothingness. Alice fell to her knees and, for the first time in years, she let the tears flow freely.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1562 on: July 04, 2010, 01:54:26 PM
(How touching  ;O; )

The Chronomage jumped on top of Alice´s head.

"Young lady, there is no time! You must get a hold of yourself and listen!..."

The white rabbit was interuppted by the sudden scream of the necromancer. The hooded man was engulfed by a dark aura and fell unconsious to the ground.

"Oh my, it´s already happening. You see necromancers can control liveless bodies or he can summon spirits from the netherworld. The problem is that if they summons someone who is dead for a longer time, they will disturb the natural order.  From their dark powers a creature will be born that will haunt down the one who requested the summoning, in this case you!"

It happened exactly what the rabbit has said and the dark aura was shaping itself into a grotesque humanoid creature covered in extra eyes,mouths and arms. The creature crawled slowly towards Alice.

"The problem is that you cannot run away from it, it will always find you. The only way to get rid of it is to kill it, but do you have what it takes to beat that monster?"

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1563 on: July 04, 2010, 02:06:13 PM
Alice climbed back onto her feet and wiped the tears away with the back of her hand.

"Do I have what it takes?"

She reached into her pocket and produced a fistful of knives, and in her other hand the pocketwatch.

"I've spent years wondering what I was supposed to think of him and whether I ought to forgive him. And now that I finally managed to talk to him and get what I wanted to know - well, more or less - I feel more free than I have for a long, long time. Liberated. I've carried that emotional burden around with me for too long, and I'm done being an angsty little [sonic slicer] about it. Now that I'm free to do as I please, I only have one thing on my mind. You know what it is?"

She smiled. A sharp, fearsome grin spread across her face.

"The only thing on my mind right now is how good it's gonna feel when I carve that thing up and kick its ugly ass straight to Hell. Bring it on."

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1564 on: July 04, 2010, 02:14:51 PM
"So it really was a good idea to bring you here, very well then, go for it!"

The creature extended it´s various arms and attempted to grab Alice.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1565 on: July 04, 2010, 03:34:46 PM
"You all simply clutch to lord Dracula's cape too much. But no matter, we can still contain him here. This shall be our first triumph over the invaders, but not our last!"
Hearts left the room but slowly turned back.

"Now you can have your chance at bringing that girl in, of course I promise you she will put up a good fight." With that he departed with the group of vampires from before.
[Can anyone tell me where Remus is?]

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1566 on: July 04, 2010, 05:05:44 PM
(Inside the graveyard, together with his three siblings (one is a ghost), Bluebeard , Ammes, Alice and the Chronomage)

"Clutch on lord Dracula´s cape...that man can kill us with his cape!"

A slasher smile appeared on Blackmore´s face.

"Well, it´s time to expand my collection" 

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1567 on: July 04, 2010, 10:47:42 PM
Alice flipped backwards and threw a barrage of knives at the creature.

"Denying me the right to cry after all this time, huh? You're gonna pay for that, ugly!"

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1568 on: July 05, 2010, 05:49:35 AM
(Tell me, is Dracula ever going to be fought? Curiosity, since what do we do when we finish an RP? do we start at Draculas next revival?)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1569 on: July 05, 2010, 06:21:38 AM
(Maybe...Alucard or something? But I do not want 100 more pages and 100 more characters.)

Offline MadManX

• Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #1570 on: July 05, 2010, 07:34:43 AM
[Well, technically, I had a plan for Matt the Shaman to have a moment after the final battle, basically he's gonna pull off a Soma...but, a little differently than what you'd expect from Castlevania. I'm just gonna say it's gonna involve Chaos (the force where everything sprang from, and the source of Dracula's power from what we know of Aria of Sorrow), and he's not gonna be filling Dracula's shoes as everyone else thought he would be doing. Even though I based his character for the role (Matthias Wyvern? Come on...), if anyone else has anything better, I'll step down.

And Alice, once you're done with your subplot, I'd like some thoughts for the duo's next move.]

Strange...somehow, from his mental picture, Jiang was expecting something much bigger than the likes of Olrox. Unless...come to think of it, Olrox has always asked him to leave a fair distance from him whenever he would feed...No matter, it didn't make a difference. He would greet the count as he always has since his...rebirth - cleaned up proper, and with a welcoming smile, with a hint of a facade.

"Oh...Sir Olrox. Excuse me, but I was telling this raven not to peck in a tiger's den. I will now let this raven go to be lost in the uncharted forest, to be a permanent resident in our...ecosystem."

Meanwhile, Sam was composing himself from his moment with Jiang. Jesus Christ, even though he WAS a childhood hero, whom he studied all his martial arts techniques from his books to be very useful in Sam's work, there was no reason to behave like that. He may be still human, but he...he's more than that now.

Suddenly, out of the blue, he heard Count Olrox's name mentioned. He has heard that name before on one of his leads, which lead into the heart of Britain's economic system and culture. If Olrox knew Jiang...Sam had a new fish to fry.

"Count Olrox, eh? The same Olrox who is a well-established stockholder of the East India Trading Company, the number one place to secure all spices through 'unethical' labor? If I've got all my facts straight...then Asia would like to dance over your grave."

Sam grinned at the thought, the opportunity to pay back for all of the years Jiang Shi's kung fu has helped him through life, as he pieced what he knew together. Yet, Jiang saw Sam's new expresion. If Olrox can detect him as well as Jiang has, Sam was not safe for long. Jiang needed a way to let this man live...he was one of the few who had free will in this madhouse, and the freak show has to end now. But how could he let him off the hook?

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1571 on: July 05, 2010, 05:02:57 PM
[I never really accounted for the RP "ending", or whatever, myself. I don't really have a plan for my characters overall, I just go with the fllow and see where their adventures take them.]

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1572 on: July 05, 2010, 05:07:16 PM
(Seriously, you´re talking as if you wanted it to end as soon as possible)

Offline MadManX

• Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #1573 on: July 05, 2010, 05:28:03 PM
(Seriously, you´re talking as if you wanted it to end as soon as possible)

[If you're talking to me (which I don't think so, just throwing this out there), I really don't...besides, WHERE ELSE AM I GONNA TROLL AND WRITE FANFICS? *shot*

If anyone else would like to end it, though, I'd have no complaints. I just have a handy plot device if anyone wants to use it. And besides, at the least, it would only tack on 10 more pages after Dracula's battle, so not a biggie if I don't. Besides, Vixy's gonna show up eventually... 8D

It's just that since I don't feel like typing up my own short stories rather than just run them through my head, I have some ideas stored up. But I can wait...it's not really fun if a newb character shows up and finishes the story 10 pages after he's introduced  XD]

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1574 on: July 05, 2010, 05:36:06 PM
(Team work...All of you good guys are going to work together..kay?)