"Twilight" the possible Anime to go with the "manga" (This old news?).

Gaia · 11663

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
If I remember correctly that same person did one of those quick rewrites of the first Twilight book, and it ended with 'Plot' committing suicide. XD

Seriously, the series is just horrible, I mean, sure it got tweens to read, but they could've picked something better. >.< My sister in law has them, and while a two hour drive back from the beach, she and her mom began talking about them... Felt like the longest trip ever...

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Yeah, someone I use to work with read 2 1/2 of the Twilight series.  He stopped half way in the 3rd book cause he couldn't stomach anymore.  He told me everything that went on from what he read, and as he described it to me I kinda wanted to punch him in the face to make him stop. 

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
My grandma has read three of the books so far.

I keep feeling tempted to burn the books.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
My grandma has read three of the books so far.

I keep feeling tempted to burn the books.
Holy water first. Sprinkle with holy water, then incinerate. maybe toss a silver cross in there.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
I'm just going to be shamelessly plugging some crap I've written in response to Twilight. I am also reminded I still need to keep writing these. Damnit.

Also, I can attest to how bad the books are. I already spoiled myself for the series so I knew what to expect, but the farthest I ever got to reading through the books is chapter 8...And that was a summary of someone else reading the book.

Seriously, it's that bad.

Also, Meyer describes Bella using the internet to do research on vampires, and she internets horribly.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
There's already too much parody. People with sense KNOW the books are bad. The other day, I went to the bookstore, and I saw 3 different books which were 3 different parodies of Twilight. Twatlight, Twilite and another one I can't remember. I really have never seen a book being parodied so hard ever before in my life.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Maybe they weren´t parodies but just better versions of the books...you know you can´t make a parody of [parasitic bomb] like that :P

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Maybe they weren´t parodies but just better versions of the books...you know you can´t make a parody of [parasitic bomb] like that :P
The books themselves are already accidental parodies of epic proportions. They take the worst possible traits of online fanfictions and mishmash them into the creepiest, most accidental piece of Mary-Sue comedy ever. My Immortal is easy mode compared to this.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
You know what's REALLY funny, guys?
The person behind the script (which includes the awesome dialogue) from Legacy of Kain series is... also a woman.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Hennig

Stephanie Meyer is a [tornado fang]ing speck of dust compared to this awesome female.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
I just want to post more images from the graphic novel.

and read this review for the kick.

http://www.wow.com/2010/04/01/twilight-insider-reviews-stephanie-meyerstwilight-graphic-novel/

Very lol, this guy is good.  >0<

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
The person behind the script (which includes the awesome dialogue) from Legacy of Kain series is... also a woman.

Stephanie Meyer is a [tornado fang]ing speck of dust compared to this awesome female.
I read the first several words in the first paragraph (in the link, btw) and I instantly jizzed bricks.

Anyway, I think we all get how bad Twilight is already. Thank the Lord I don't know anybody who enjoys lapping this [parasitic bomb] up like a dog does toilet water.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile

For some ungodly reason, art reminds me of Castlevaia artist.

Pity good art is being wasted on a [parasitic bomb] series.

Also, FYI, Twilight is a parody of itself.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Amy Hennig has always been awesome. She's also done a fantastic job with the Uncharted series so far, of which she's one of the main directors of.