WaterMan
0 (0%)
FishMan
0 (0%)
DinoMan
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Offline GoldenAndSilver

• I'm Golden, master of offience and I'm Silver master of defense.
  • Cyberelf
  • We will change the world together!
    • View Profile
on: April 21, 2010, 11:53:34 PM
I don't know what engine or program to use to make my multiplayer game.  I did draw my first boss stage.  What should the boss be call for power to fire a line of spark at the target, ability to  use magnetic to pull toward and stick in the direction of a metal block and he use overcharge electricity that burst when he almost dead.  I will post the picture of the stage next time, and you can get those different power in those classes I will tell next time.  This will be greater suppense when I bring two familer bosses from megaman history and fan game if I get permission. ;)  I don't have spell check on this computer, the other computer I used have spell check.  I hope to answer any questions you might have. :)

Even if we are gone, our ideas will still be alive.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 12:22:45 AM
I guess my first question would be...

What is this?

Offline GoldenAndSilver

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 12:31:25 AM
It is a multiplayer game, that allow people to pick the light side or the dark side, and you can make your own team in this game.  The light and dark source that influence people had been corrupted and it making robots go crazy.  The robots that are influence by the light, think by destroying robots and rebels that they are heroes.  The robots that are influence by the dark, are insane with powers, and they want to kill robots for joy.  You and your team jobs is to destroy the source and save the planet.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 03:47:03 AM
I STILL have no idea what is this supposed to be. You´re making a game? You´re asking for help? What kind of game is this?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 07:11:29 AM
I STILL have no idea what is this supposed to be. You´re making a game? You´re asking for help? What kind of game is this?

What Drake here said.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 07:18:45 AM
What... the... hell? I'm so confused... You get to choose light or dark as your alignment and you have to destroy the dark side? What? Is... is that what you're trying to say? Oh, wait, and it's multiplayer. That's all I got from your... "post"

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline GoldenAndSilver

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 02:21:59 AM
 -AC  Yes, you get to choose light or dark as your alignment, robots are bad or nice because the source influence the robots forward the good if they are close to the light source and the opposite if they are close to the dark source.  The light side, the unaffected robots work together to destroy the light source and the same with the opposite.  The sources have a virus and these are what I was trying to say.  If you still don't understand, please ask.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 02:29:23 AM
OK
You´re making a game? You´re asking for help? What kind of game is this?
You should start pointing out the basics. You haven´t even pointed out the genre of this "game".

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 02:32:09 AM
Could we see some in-progress shots, if it's possible?

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 08:10:10 AM
Woah, Woah, Woah, slow down there. Shouldn't you atleast give us some sort of story or introduction instead of just pilling up whatever comes to mind? I know you must be excited to share your creation with the community, but please atleast give us some sort of prologue. Otherwise, we don't know what you're talking about and we will be terribly confused.

Oh, and pictures on the initial post is nice, but not entirely necessary.  :)

Offline GoldenAndSilver

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 11:00:25 PM
In the megaman games, before megaman x events happen.  Megaman x was the first robots with emotions and make other robots like X with the blueprint.  I tell you the story of the game Wednesday, because I'm at school and I gotta work.  I tell you something before I go, scientists try to make two sources that would give the robots emotions, it works.  I tell you more on that day.  Bye.

Offline MereBytes

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 11:28:41 PM
 -AC
What's this?

You drew some boss stage thingy. Show that atleast or draw boobs with paint or smthg.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 11:36:01 PM
I don't even know anymore...

Oh well, can't wait to see the game!  owob

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 11:40:36 PM
I don't see any images...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline GoldenAndSilver

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 01:08:06 AM
Here the first stage, it not perfect. :|  That because I didn't have to time to color it,edit it and I scan it just today. Plus you guys were asking for it. That also because I have class and I need to work.  I don't have a engine or program for this game ideal, that why I ask what the best so I can get those stuff to use to make my multiplayer game. :\

So give me a break if it not what you expected and also this is draft, so I going to darken the line and rotate it so you can see it.  Just hang on and this is just the beginning, it will get better soon.  And don't give me problems, I have school too, so it take times to do both works. -_-

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 01:29:28 AM
Not too bad, from what I see...

Offline GoldenAndSilver

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 02:08:04 AM
I still haven't got a answer about the best engine and program to make multiplayer game.  Please tell me the best engine and program then you can go back to asking me questions and everything.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 02:12:45 AM
It all depends on what exactly you want. There are many languages you can use, each of which is feasible for what you are trying to do. It isn't all about engines and programs, ya know. There is much more to making a game than that. I should know; I've been making them half my life.

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 02:59:12 AM
I've been considering making my engine support multiplayer. Would be a fun challenge. Plus I don't have anybody who has said they wanted to use my engine for a fangame yet.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 03:04:59 AM
I've had a game idea for a while that your engine might be useful... just for 1v1 battles, of course.

Offline MereBytes

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 05:49:31 PM
Multimedia fusion 2, game maker or if you don't mind some programming XNA. And here's my choise -> Löve.

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 07:15:18 PM
Multimedia fusion 2, game maker or if you don't mind some programming XNA. And here's my choise -> Löve.

well if you're going to use mmf2, might as well start with NMario's engine, and if you're considering xna, may as well start with mine. Although mine aims to not require end user programming.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 01:36:26 AM
Ok, I´m gonna go ahead and suggest something, and is the last time I bother in here.

First of all, before you even think of making the game and/or thinking what program you´re going to use, you have to make at least some small theorization of the game. You have to think some cool ideas you´d find fun in a game (and possibly that no on else exploited) and then pick the best game genre that would represent that. Right now it just looks like you woke up and suddenly wanted to make a game.

Now, again, I STILL DON´T KNOW WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT. I can only get that this is a multiplayer game, but from that sketch you posted I´m guessing it´s a platformer game too? Is it something like SSB in 8bit or something? Or is this some kind of competitive game more alike to Mario, where the one who gets faster to the end wins? What the original thing of your game besides making a SSB game with megaman characters, if that´s the case? There are a lot of stuff that you SHOULD have mentioned in your first post, and you still haven´t. I´m not asking for sketches and drawings or anything of the like, that comes WAY after, what I want to hear and you should be thinking beforehand are the basics of the game.

If you get an interesting idea, and you have the skills to do at least SOMETHING for the project (coding, graphics, etc.), then the help will come by itself. I can be an ass when I want to, but I´m really trying to be helpful here.

Offline GoldenAndSilver

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 09:57:45 PM
The genre is 2D and 3D>Action>Platformer.  I don't know if I got it right and if I forgot something.  Right now I gotta finish something and after that I work on that stage like I said I would.  If you got any questions, feel free to ask.  Don't give up on me, or judge me badly, because I'm new, so I don't know everything.  So give me chance to learn about things I don't know. :\

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 10:04:10 PM
So a side-scroller with 3D characters a la Smash Bros?

We're not judging you; we're just trying to get as much information on one thing regarding this as possible. No offense, but your previous posts have touched upon each feature without really giving any details; that's all we're asking for here.