Alice in Entropy · 118657

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #425 on: February 05, 2011, 12:09:13 AM
"Well for starters you should stop talking so informal with the mistress!"
Replied an angry Stolz, hesitating to fire one or two shots at the man's hat.

"Well Mr. Hatter, I hope that you won't mind when I tell you that I changed the rules a bit. I've made Temnota the main referee of this race, with the white knights as her helpers.  If there will be any rule violation that they will take care of it. Also I arranged that every partisipant will become a badge with their number.  The badges will allow the referees to follow and track down each participant. Remember I do wish for Sparkvenia to win, but it will be a fair race, I will make sure of it"

"But of course, Princess. I'm sure your cousin and those tin toy-fine, fine and strong knights of yours will make fine referees.  The badges are a marvelous, I say simply marvelous idea. Like I always, you can never have enough sucke-security! Plus it just wouldn't be a race if there was no sportsmanship from the competitors." The eerily cheery man told her.

"However, I will still need to make the announcement myself, if you don't mind." Hatter said in a more serious tone.
[@Flame:Here's a hint, bring weapons...and a pajamas]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the plaza's eastern entrance arrived a peculiar bunch.

"Huh, wonder what's all the hubub about" The green hooded grinner, ST asked, mostly to himself.

"Looks like some kind of race is about to start. Though some of the people looked a bit worried for some reason." Replied the metallic felisapien, Nekolyan.

"...Guh, where's the food?" asked The strange chimera cyborg, Brocky Bulldawg.

ST was seemed happy over hearing the word race. His hands shook in excitement.
"Oh boy, another competition! Come on, let's go join in the fun!" He joyfully told his companions, as he zigzagged his way to the signing boot, pretending to be an airplane.

The other two looked at each other and followed in ST's lead, though not as playful as the green man was.

[Just gonna stretch that hour a bit longer so members who are still interested in this arc but haven't joined yet can have a chance in participating in the upcoming fray.]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #426 on: February 05, 2011, 12:28:48 AM
(Well, I meant sort of like if it was just a race race, twisted metal demo derby, or what, but I get the idea.)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #427 on: February 05, 2011, 12:59:19 AM
The stranger, now prepped for this race, stood at the entrance. Waiting for it to open, because of his lack of vehicle, people got rather confused and laughed at him.

Does he think he'll win by just running? Bwahaha!

HEY KID! YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET SOME WHEELS, LEST YOU WANNA GET LAST PLACE AND DIE! HAHAHA!

The Stranger looked at them with a blank face, emotion wasn't readable due to his Sunglasses.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #428 on: February 05, 2011, 11:12:24 AM
"Oh and don't tell anyone about the true purpose of the badges, it will make things more..interesting."

Said Silan. At the same time Sieg teleported back. The knight looked at MR. Hatter and showed him the cold shoulder.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #429 on: February 05, 2011, 12:05:22 PM
Flame walked down the outer halls of FAUST, sipping an iced coffee as his gaze diverted out of the large windows to space that ran down the length of the hall. He had just finished putting a touch or two on his vehicle, and decided that it was good enough for the time being. He would possibly test it later to see how it held up. But for now, a break was in order. Maybe a nap too. it was a long time since he last slept, and although he technically did not need it, he found it rather relaxing to get some shut eye.

So he changed direction and headed off towards his office at the top of the station.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #430 on: February 05, 2011, 12:51:40 PM
Ryuta observes the latest newcomer to the race, not making much effort to say anything that won't get mixed in with the verbal reaction of the ignorant crowd.  He can tell by the spiritual expression flowing from the stranger's body that there was more to his decision to go toe-to-toe on the designated path than thinking himself too cool and sexy to properly read the flyers.

With class over, the students head out to the front of the school in preparation for today's Physical Education to better Manliness.  All of the First-Year students line up in a perfect square in front of the wooden podium, awaiting Rankiryu's presence.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #431 on: February 05, 2011, 01:13:04 PM
Blackhook also observed the stranger. He appreciated the man's bold decision, after all people were also giving weird looks towards his vehicle -  a sailboat. The man seemed familiar for some reason, just like many others in the crowd. COuld it be that what Flame said was true and that he has forgotten his past? He might find here someone who truly knows him...

Troll Rex was standing out of the line. He looked over the waddle dee.
"You know what's going on?"

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #432 on: February 05, 2011, 04:25:28 PM
After signing his name, ST joined the other racers, morphing his back cape tail into a uni-motorcycle. When he parked his vehicle near a floating pirate ship, he felt a familiar presence in the vessel.

ST looked up and saw the ships supposed captain.
"...Hey, have we met before!?" ST shouted at the hooked pirate.

Nekolyan was looking at all the different competitors, he would have liked to join the race but he had no vehicle to call his own. And since he did not live in RPM, he wasn't sure where there was a nearby sports car depot, of course he still wouldn't be able to afford it. The he saw the cooking competition's host, which he remembered that he worked at Junkyard which he uses as an inventory of sorts to sell used parts.

The cyborg went straight to him and asked: "Hey uh, Hajime was it? You wouldn't happen to have any spare car parts there"

Meanwhile, Brocky was getting better acquainted with one of the competitors, specifically, the runner known as Anarchy. Though he mostly just stared at him rather than actually talking to him.

In the western gates of the plaza, arrived three more potential competitors.

"Hmmm, looks like this RPM isn't as different as our old one." Said the gentleman like figure who wore a bowl hat, clock like monocle and had an umbrella in his hand.

The second figure, who was mostly shrouded in a thick cloak and was smaller than the gentleman, held his other arm tightly.
"Uh, Clockston, there's a lot people here...I wonder if we can find 'him' here with all the crowd in the way." She said to her companion, grabbing his arm tighter.

"..." The taller figure with the opera mask stood silently gazing at his surroundings. 

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #433 on: February 05, 2011, 11:12:18 PM
Blackhook, who was currently inspecting his boat turned to the masked man.

"Huh? Were you calling me mister?"

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #434 on: February 06, 2011, 03:09:55 AM
ST nodded at the captain.
"Yeah! I asked if we've met before! You look strangely familiar...did we go on a date!?"

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
Reply #435 on: February 07, 2011, 10:36:38 AM
Troll Rex was standing out of the line. He looked over the waddle dee.
"You know what's going on?"

Waddle dee nodded and sweat dropped. If there was one class he never did enjoy...it was PE.

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #436 on: February 07, 2011, 11:24:24 AM
Hajime looked towards Nekolyan, seeming rather confused that he would mistake him for his high-ranking friend.

"You're confusing me with my friend, who's competing in this race," he said, "And I'm afraid there's rules against selling parts on racing grounds, so you're going to have to some other way of beefing up your ride."

After a few minutes, Rankiryu makes his way to the podium and turns to the front of the First-Years, plopping the foot of his padded javelin at his side.

"Attention, First-Year," he began, "Today we will be doing the Forward March."

There were several complaints among the students, obviously they were put through this exercise before and were baffled that they had to do it again.  Rankiryu "taps" his javelin on the podium before speaking again.

"Now, for those of you who are new to this, all you have to do is walk in a straight line, that's it."

He heads towards a circular compass carved into ground and places his javelin on top of it, making sure to keep it balanced.  Once released, the javelin tips over and lands in one of the eight triangles making up the circle.  He examines its direction before turning and pointing towards that direction.

"Alright!  We will be heading North East from here!"

He then stabs the school flag in front of Waddle Dee, sending enough tremors to knock him off his feet, "You!  Since you haven't pulled any of your weights in beefiness, I will assign you the honor of carrying our famed Otokojuku flag!  Don't you dare drop it during our Forward March or I will have you doing doing Bunny Hops with your hands until dinner!"

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #437 on: February 07, 2011, 02:23:03 PM
Troll Rex raised his hand.

"Sorry teacher, if we encounter building we allowed to smash it?"

----------
"A...a date?"
Blackhook turned red. He didn't remember his past but he never thought that he would be that kind of a man. He was sure that he was attracted to women..maybe this masked persone was infact a woman? Blackhook starred at ST for a while.
"What's your name?"

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #438 on: February 09, 2011, 01:56:51 AM
"Oh, sorry. I was sure you were called Hajime...and actually I was hoping you had some spare parts so I could make a vehicle. Anything will do really. Even if it's just four used wheels, an old engine and a shell." Nekolyan told the merchant.

"My name!? They call me ST! By the way, are you a captain!?" The hooded masked man said to the confused captain.

Brocky continued to stare intently at the Anarchy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ladies and gentleman! The competion shall
 begin in the next 30 minutes!
Those who have wish to participate
 but have not signed their names yet,
please do so now!

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #439 on: February 09, 2011, 02:04:43 AM
Hajime sighs a bit in irritation that Nekolyan misinterpreted what he said earlier, "I already told you I can't sell spare parts before a race.  You'll either have to make do with what you have or find someone else willing to break the rules.

Rankiryu leers towards Rex with a cynical smirk escaping his large lips, "All you have to do is walk in a straight line; let nothing and no one stand in your way!  That is one of the keys to being a true warrior among men!"

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #440 on: February 09, 2011, 05:42:03 PM
"Anarchy" stood waiting at the gate. Motionless as ever. Noticing somebody staring at him, he adjusted his cloak so his face was not visible.

Sitting there waiting for 30 minutes was quite a drag.

-----------------------------------------------------

Somewhere else, a different stranger appears, also hooded, but for an odd reason his hood has a large spherical object underneath. This stranger slowly walks through the town, his bearded face not moving a muscle, always looking like a serious frown.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #441 on: February 12, 2011, 09:38:43 PM
BH adjusted his wide brimmed pirate hat.
"Why ofcourse I am a captain!"
 Suddenly BH crew started annoucing their captain.

"HE is the hero of the RPM desert!"
"His hook can tear trough everything!"
"He is faster than the wind!"
"Wind acts at his command!"
"HE IS CAPTAIN BLACKHOOK!"

The crew started cheering while BH did some poses, the jacket on his shoulders was flapping dramatically in the wind.

"ST was your name? As in Strange Man?"
The hooked captain wasn't sure why he rememberrred that name...

Troll Rex started laughing creepily.
"This be fun!"

Silan heard the annoucement
"Get ready"
The four knights teleported out of the tent while Temnota disappeared in the shadows.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #442 on: February 12, 2011, 09:51:36 PM
"Anarchy" Sitting Paitently at the entrance gate, finally prepped himself, making a few last minute tweaks to his Jet Skates (Improvement of Overall Speed and warmup time, along with enhanced boosters.) He jumped up, prepared to race, making sure his cloak was covering his Right arm and his face.

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #443 on: February 13, 2011, 12:44:56 AM

After a few minutes, Rankiryu makes his way to the podium and turns to the front of the First-Years, plopping the foot of his padded javelin at his side.

"Attention, First-Year," he began, "Today we will be doing the Forward March."

There were several complaints among the students, obviously they were put through this exercise before and were baffled that they had to do it again.  Rankiryu "taps" his javelin on the podium before speaking again.

"Now, for those of you who are new to this, all you have to do is walk in a straight line, that's it."

He heads towards a circular compass carved into ground and places his javelin on top of it, making sure to keep it balanced.  Once released, the javelin tips over and lands in one of the eight triangles making up the circle.  He examines its direction before turning and pointing towards that direction.

"Alright!  We will be heading North East from here!"

He then stabs the school flag in front of Waddle Dee, sending enough tremors to knock him off his feet, "You!  Since you haven't pulled any of your weights in beefiness, I will assign you the honor of carrying our famed Otokojuku flag!  Don't you dare drop it during our Forward March or I will have you doing doing Bunny Hops with your hands until dinner!"

The waddle dee nervously nodded his head and grabs the flags staff,"..." * -u-'* he tugged at it but couldnt get it out seeing as it was kinda jammed in pretty deep.

"Ladies and gentleman! The competion shall
 begin in the next 30 minutes!
Those who have wish to participate
 but have not signed their names yet,
please do so now!

"..." Agent J (Havent seen her inna while  :P) , quickly signed and looked around for Afro-Man and A.Silan. Spotting them, she chose a spot several cars behind them and took out a pole, holding it horizontaly, it formed into a high tech motorcycle around her like something from the movie Tron. As the race was waiting to start she sent a quickl relay message to Master D in A.RPM. 'Afro-Man found. Continuing surveillance.' was what the message read.

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #444 on: February 13, 2011, 01:20:37 AM
Rankiryu heads over to a large, square, titanium plate and flops down on it, crossing his arms and legs as four students walked over and hauled the entire structure onto their shoulders.  He leers at Waddle Dee, seeing him struggle to pull the flag out.

"Come on, bean head; time's a-wastin'," he practically demanded, "The class can't move without their resident flag holder leading the way; and if the class doesn't start moving in the next hour, then they will be doing more than hand-standing Bunny Hops 'til dinner.  And who will they blame for making them too tired to even lift their chopsticks?"

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #445 on: February 13, 2011, 03:08:51 AM
In a fit of panic and adrenaline, (mostly not wanting to get the entire class pissed at him) He managed to barely pull out the flag. "..." He held it up a bit in disbelief. How ever he quickly ties a bandanna to his head with the word 'Determination' written on it and made his way to the front to lead.

-----
That one Nun...

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #446 on: February 13, 2011, 03:45:45 AM
Rankiryu's sneer widens at Waddle Dee makes his way to the front of the class before pointing in the direction determined earlier, "Forward March!"

Without any acknowledgement, the class begins marching off in the direction he pointed in, carrying him within the center of the line.

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #447 on: February 13, 2011, 05:39:36 AM
The waddle dee waddled hurrily in the direction assigned earlier and lead, hoping nothing to extreme or weird would get in their way.

-----
That one Nun...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #448 on: February 13, 2011, 08:54:34 AM
As the racers prepared their rides for the final moments before the race, Flame finished the touches on his own vehicle up in his space station and had it transported down to RPM. After about 20 minutes, a darkly colored squarish cargo spacecraft landed slowly in the area where all the racers had set up their pits. The cargo ramp on the back of the craft opened with a pneumatic hiss and touched ground.

2 young men in jumpsuits came out the back and helped bring a car out, leading it down from the sides. It was covered with a tightly wrapped blue tarp. From behind, holding the back of the car, emerged Flame, with a sports jacket on over a black race jumpsuit.

Once the car had been taken down the ramp, they removed the tarp. Under which there were what appeared to be black and yellow armor plates placed on certain angles, all around a harness fitted around the car. They removed these too, and then the car was fully visible.

http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/concept_cars/de_tomaso_ghepardo.html

After a few moments of checking the car thoroughly, Flame took off his jacket and opened the door, throwing the jacket inside, revealing his jumpsuit matched the car's color scheme. It also looked padded and possibly armored. He got inside and revved the engine up. It reverberated  powerfully and the lights lit up. He turned it back off, giving a thumbs up to his two man pit crew and saw back in the seat, drinking a drink he was given by one of them, waitng for the start of the race to be announced.

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #449 on: February 13, 2011, 09:02:39 PM
15 minutes have passed and more and more competitors were signing their names and bringing their own unique vehicles. Soon the grand event shall begin, but for now, let us see more of the strange participants who are competing in the race...

One competitor was a man who was riding on what appeared to be a hovering coffin. Of course the only thing seen from this competitor was a glimpse of his arm as he was signing his name on the list. The coffin had the emblem of an owl on the top and was engraved in jade green jewels.

Shortly after their arrival, the tall cloaked man with the opera mask signed his name on the list.

"Eh!? General Crimson, what exactly are you planning to do? Tic-toc." Clockston asked concerned for his superior for some reason.

"I wish to join the race, of course...are you and Sally going to join me?" The man replied, in a calm manner.
"You cannot ride with me though...it would be more interesting if we each drove our own carriges" He left them and went back towards where they had entered the plaza.

"H, Hold on General!...How are we supposed to compete in the race without having any vehicles of our own!?" Clockston shouted.

"...You know, I could make myself into a car or horse..." Nightmare Sally suggested.

"Nonsense child, we haven't the slightest idea how long this competition will be, and  I don't want you to tire yourself out carrying me all over the place...there should be some sort of transportation device around here somewhere." The two peculiar individuals went towards the city's shopping district in hopes of finding a vehicle to use for the race.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, our dog headed vegetable finally decides to speak to the man named Anarchy.
"...You are planning to run the whole race?..." Brocky asked with a bit of doubt.

During all this, Nekolyan was a bit flustered since he could not buy any parts to use to make a vehicle.
"Nyar...you wouldn't happen to know any place nearby that I could scrounge up some parts?" He kept pestering the merchant.

Back with ST and the pirate, Blackhook.

"Yeah, Strange Man was my name! How'd you know!?" ST shouted happily.

"So, you said your name was Blackhook!?" He said in shock.
"...Why does that sound so familiar?"

"...So you're not Captain Crunch!?" ST asked the captain.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there folks! Just wanted to let you know
there are only 10 minutes left before
we officially start the Race of Destiny!!
So be sure those cars, motorcycles, horses
and all those doodads are in top shape!

This is your host, Mr.Hatter, signing off!
KYO HO HO HO HO!!