Megaman: Robot Master Mayhem - Skullman

Manic · 5450

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • Cyberelf
  • Huh?
    • View Profile
on: April 05, 2010, 02:51:06 AM
Uploaded a video of the most recent stuff coded in for Skullman in RMM, for MUGEN. Shows off a few things that our voice actor did (much more to come), basics, a super (along with an unfinished hyper), one intro, and his stage. His voice actor is Shadowken of Voice Acting Alliance. Currently.. As you can see, his sprites are not the final versions like the one seen in my avatar, but they'll come by along the way in a V2. Sorry for the quality, but.. Enjoy. :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcmei2nB8us[/youtube]

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 09:11:26 PM
Someone did a nice job on the backgrounds there. The skullman design looks good. Are you going to incorporate the weapons like they did in Power Fighters?

I don't really like the large-sized portraits for the fighters, but I'm betting you'll change them before the game is finished.

Offline Rue

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 09:17:16 PM
Skull Man's pose is kinda awkward, the way he holds his buster arm out is odd (If you have already addressed this in the newer sprites then never mind). Otherwise looks alright.

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • Cyberelf
  • Huh?
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 12:37:39 AM
All of the stages were designed by me, which includes Skullman's, Fireman's, and Woodman's. owob
Weapons will be included, you would press D, D, and one attack button, which makes you switch the power set. The weapons have been decided, but not exactly coded into the template, but the combination is.
The idea is to use Skullman's gatling implemented into his ribcage, as he was said to have in the manga. The animation will of course be faster in-game. The reason why he's rainbow colored is because he has a smart pallete, for more variation in palletes in the game.

As for the stance and the large portraits, anything can be subject to change for the final game.
Here's an example of what will be in the final sprited version of Skullman.

Newest (fixed ribs), new, and old running on forever.

And finally, his most recent stance, as seen in my signature at Infinity Mugen Team.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 12:52:23 AM
As I have been checking on MM:RMM's progress from time to time, I should point out that Skull Man's current shoulder pads will be replaced by bigger, more fitting skull-shaped ones, later on.

Offline Fragman

• Made of Metal
  • Robot Master
  • My heart is made of metal
    • View Profile
    • AntiBunny
Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 09:44:50 AM
The chest guns in the manga were more like 6 machine guns that fired in a spread rather than one big gun.  (He also had a machine gun in each arm), though the manga Skull Man was pretty overpowered in both offense and defense.  That Skull Man would be game breaking.

AntiBunny

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • Cyberelf
  • Huh?
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 06:33:12 AM
Ah, I see. We do have the machine guns in his arms planned, however. Though, it would really help if I could get my hands on the actual manga for more ideas.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 06:54:48 AM
Well Manga Skullman's Skull barrier seemed more like an offensive move too. he had these round things with skulls on them come out of the skuls on his shoulders, (out of their mouths lol) and he would like launch them around if I remember right.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline MadManX

• Supporter of Everything Epic!
  • Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 11:44:35 PM
Hmm...well, the sprite looks a smidge rushed, but the concept looks awesome. Definitely beats the game model, that's for sure. With just a couple more updates (like making the super a "connect or not" move), I think it looks good.

But for the VAA, I suggest contacting him. I doubt anybody there has taken a punch, but that does not sound like it. :\