Let's Speculate About Wii 2

xnamkcor · 5001

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 05:14:16 PM
Exactly. Inovation can only go so far. Wii can play MP4 through software. At least Real 720 with digital out would be nice. And they better include xyz AND Roll,Pitch,Yaw Out Of the Box. Too bad consoles are stuck at the 60fps limit.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 06:40:55 PM
... Brawl sold more than Melee did in its lifespan in one year.
Hell, it very nearly did that in half a year.  I don't know what rock Aldo is living under, but Nintendo announced Brawl as the best-selling game of the Smash Bros. series in September 2008, when it was already nipping at the heels of Melee's lifetime record.  Brawl was also, at its time, the fastest-selling game ever for Nintendo of America.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 07:19:58 PM
Maybe he meant "poor salespeople", "poor salad", "poorfect sales", "poor sails".

Or maybe he's just rehashing a false argument from someone upset about something getting removed/added...

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: March 28, 2010, 10:01:02 PM
Hmm, all I can say about the next Nintendo console is that it's going to pioneer one hell of a new idea this time. They said that power & specs alone aren't enough anymore to justify hardware upgrades (and I agree to an extent), but I certainly hope that next time around they aim to level the playing field so that folks who might be hooked by "the newness" and folks who just want a console with equal/close to equal technical prowess can be satisfied. Personally, I just want better online. Maaaybe an HDMI out since having one cord in & out of my stuff is always an awesome plus.

... Brawl sold more than Melee did in its lifespan in one year. Melee was the best selling Gamecube game with 6.7 (or something like that) million units.

Wat

They were expecting more.

And it just generally gets a bad review, deservedly.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 11:33:42 PM

To think I thought you would have a better response than this.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: March 28, 2010, 11:55:30 PM
I would if I got to see the sales numbers.

But don't really care that much.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: March 29, 2010, 12:42:37 AM
It's a good thing not caring exempts you from any fact checking responsabilities.

PS: Did you know FF IV had horrible sales?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 04:32:44 AM
Just the same thing again, more casual games and more feeling of betrayal from decent 3rd party companies like Sega and Others.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #33 on: March 31, 2010, 04:21:34 AM
Irregardless of the fact that our "core" offerings thus far already equal or surpass what we got last generation.  About the only thing GCN had that we're still missing is F-Zero.

People just can't co-exist with casual games without wetting their pants in terror.

How do you get more than record-breaking?  You're just trying to justify gossip.

*EVERY* disc-based Wii game that is not titled, "Super Mario Sunshine" gets a generally bad review.  And as much as I miss my Mewtwo, Brawl is a beacon of awesome in itself, let alone compared to the kick in the teeth that was Mario Kart Wii.

Brawl generally gets a bad rep from fans because they cannot fathom physics engines changing between titles (funny, you'd think somebody would have remembered how less than seamless the 64-to-Melee transition was).  And it generally gets a bad rep from journalists for being a sequel.

In other words, the "fans" (read: tourneyfags) hate it because they changed it, and the editors hate it because they didn't.  So whatever illusion of consensus you're trying to come up with is completely pointless.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:24:17 PM by Shining Laser »

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)