Official Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Specs, Tech, Price? It's all here!

Emiri Landeel · 261363

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Still curious if "before the end of the year" is actually going to happen for those Ambassador GBA games... they're running out of time on that one.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Well, seeing as nintendo updates the store on Mondays, we have 3 more weeks of possibility.

Chances are its going to happen at the last possible moment.

On another note, what are everybody's thoughts on the new updates?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
The 3D video recording and motion capture are pretty cool. But I probably won't use those much anyway. The Mii Plaza updates are... interesting. I completed most of the Panel Puzzles already (the Zelda and Mario Galaxy puzzles look INCREDIBLE), so I guess the new additions are welcome.

Overall, I look forward to the eShop demos the most, but those aren't up yet.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
I only ever got one of the puzzles (Pikmin), its not bad looking. But it kind of sucks that you can't start another panel by yourself unless they decide to give you a new panel.

My second one is Pilotwings Resort, 5 pieces away from finish. (Cursed [tornado fang]ing Pink Spaces.)

I haven't even finished my first runthrough of Find Mii so Find Mii 2 does nothing for me yet.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
The only way to get new panels is by using Streetpass, unfortunately. So you're stuck with that one until then.

My second one is Pilotwings Resort, 5 pieces away from finish. (Cursed [tornado fang]ing Pink Spaces.)

Got the same one. What do the pink spaces mean?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
You can't buy them with Play Coins, you get them through Spotpass when you play online I think.

So pretty much that means I can't get them at all till I purchase MK7 or get over my Dimps hate and go for Sonic Generations.

That reminds me that I still have to get MK7... I'll just wait till Xmas...

Posted on: December 07, 2011, 09:22:00 PM
This isn't 100% 3DS Related, but apparently the NA Club Nintendo will be allowing us to use our Coins to purchase Games from the Virtual Console (Both Wii and 3DS) and Wii/3DS/DSiWare.

Link.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
And to think, I could have gotten Mario Kart for free and put those points towards something else, like DKC2 or Castlevania 4...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
GBA GAMES CONFIRMED.

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Wario Land 4
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

This list is hot sex.

Japan gets them on the 16th. We can only assume US users will get them on the 19th. EU Will get them whenever they update next week most likely.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
I thought US 3DS updated on Thursdays?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
I could've sworn we got stuff on Monday and Thursday.

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Oh if it's both then I don't know o.o

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
There is not a single thing about that list that I don't like.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Very nice. I still need to play Minish Cap. I hope they put the Oracles games on next!

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Oh I'll have so much fun with these games this weekend~ :3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Minish Cap's new to me as well, so that'll be damn sweet.  And one can never have enough portable Yoshi's Island.

I guess if I *REALLY* wanted to nitpick, I could say that it stinks that I only made it a point to get the GBA Fire Emblem games last summer (D'OH!), but I certainly won't object to Nintendo giving FE some more exposure (STILL waiting for Heroes of Light and Shadow...).   And in all honesty I find GP Legend and Zero Mission to be preferrable to Maximum Velocity and Fusion.

But that's REALLY, REALLY nitpicking.  The list is extraordinarily rocking in any context, let alone as free [parasitic bomb].  And it's effectively 11 games seeings how all Super Mario Advance titles include the Mario Bros. remake, which is equally awesome.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Minish Cap's new to me as well, so that'll be damn sweet.  And one can never have enough portable Yoshi's Island.

I guess if I *REALLY* wanted to nitpick, I could say that it stinks that I only made it a point to get the GBA Fire Emblem games last summer (D'OH!), but I certainly won't object to Nintendo giving FE some more exposure (STILL waiting for Heroes of Light and Shadow...).   And in all honesty I find GP Legend and Zero Mission to be preferrable to Maximum Velocity and Fusion.

But that's REALLY, REALLY nitpicking.  The list is extraordinarily rocking in any context, let alone as free [parasitic bomb].  And it's effectively 11 games seeings how all Super Mario Advance titles include the Mario Bros. remake, which is equally awesome.

They probably didn't want to give us Zero Mission on account of the fact that its pretty similar to the original Metroid.
And probably also because it has the original Metroid and they don't want to give us the same game twice, thank you Nintendo.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
So these are out already for Japan and Australia. Damn it NOA, hurry up! >:/

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Too bad I wouldn't be able to use a Fusion save to unlock the damn suit in my copy of Metroid Prime, finally.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
So these are out already for Japan and Australia. Damn it NOA, hurry up! >:/

They show up on the "Download History" but no download button just yet. ^^;
It's time zone specific, so soon enough I can download them too.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Very nice. I still need to play Minish Cap. I hope they put the Oracles games on next!

Ah hell yeah. Oracles all the way~

Seriously, that would be awesome if Ninty put those up. I mean, they're phenomenal games! :3

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
I'm just waiting for Xtreme2...  My original cart has been dead for a couple of years; played the hell out of the poor thing.

They probably didn't want to give us Zero Mission on account of the fact that its pretty similar to the original Metroid.
And probably also because it has the original Metroid and they don't want to give us the same game twice, thank you Nintendo.
Granted.  But there's still nothing quite as epic as that Chozodia theme.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
The GBA games are up in the US.
Apparently they don't come with Restore points, just like the NES Games.

EDIT: NINTENDO, I AM DISSAPOINT. I like how you made the GBA games have the GBA Boot noise when you go over them, but why couldn't you do what you did for the GB/GBC titles and make a little GBA Model to go around the screen? Its just like the NES Virtual Console games except smaller and purple. [/nitpick]

EDIT 2: Okay, after some beautiful re-arrangement of my 3DS Screens (I was given 4 extra pages to put crap so I naturally jammed the worthless junk at the very end.) I booted up Kirby and the Amazing Mirror to see how the GBA Emulator was like.

Its sort of like booting a GBA game in a normal DS or booting a Normal DS game in a 3DS. As in:

-No Virtual Console Menu, the bottom screen is completely black, at the beginning of the game there is a notification there stating that closing the console won't put the game in Sleep Mode, again, like a normal DS running a GBA game.
-Pressing the Home Button will ask you if you want to quit out instead of just loading the Home Menu (Like when playing a DS or DSiWare game.)
-No Restore Points, but this was to be expected seeing as they didn't give us restore points for the NES games either.

This time, unlike the bullshit they did with the NES games instruction Manuals, they gave us full manuals describing everything. This is good especially for people like me who have never played Fire Emblem, as that seems like the kind of game you would need to learn how to play.

One thing I cannot understand though is the screen, its noticably dark. Its not bright and vivid looking as most Emulators tend to capture the image, however this may just be Nintendo emulating the Screen darkness of the GBA. I don't really know.

All in all, this is just [tornado fang]ing pathetic. Its obvious that they either still had the GBA components in the 3DS and were able to use those to save them time in making an emulator, OR they went the really lazy route and just made an emulator that booted in DS Mode because they figured that since only Ambassadors are getting the games that they can slack off in making a decent emulator.

Oh well, free games. I just wish Nintendo put more effort into the presentation, seeing as they, oh I don't know, sat on this for almost half of the year. :|

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
They've already said they don't plan to release these games (and possibly GBA games in general) for purchase on the eshop.  That's why they aren't completely compatible or have all the bell and whistles that the others have.

Also I believe they said they would add restore points and things to the NES games once they are available through the eshop.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Half assed prototype emulators for games you most likely already own; Sure makes up for ripping you off with the inflated original price of the console.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Half assed prototype emulators for games you most likely already own; Sure makes up for ripping you off with the inflated original price of the console.

It does for me ^^