VG Villians

dragontamer272 · 8313

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 06:21:01 AM
...I wouldn´t say that. SInce generally speaking, Sephy is still more known than Kefka. And honestly as villains, I like them both...it´s just the constant Seph X Cloud shipping (That´s almost canon) that puts me off.

Archer

Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 06:34:16 AM
Kefka has been alot more well known ever since Dissidia came out.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 07:35:42 AM
Kuja destroyed the root of all existence. That makes him worse than Kefka, right?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Archer

Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 07:42:06 AM
Kuja destroyed the root of all existence. That makes him worse than Kefka, right?

No he didn't, if he did there would be no existence. Destroying the Crystal means destroying everything. The most he did was get close to it.

His only real achievement is blowing up Terra.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011, 08:04:36 AM
Terra was a world in itself. And I thought he smashed the crystal, releasing Necron.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: June 01, 2011, 08:10:19 AM
Well..the emperor from 2 took over Hell..and since that wasn't enough he took over Heaven.
Chaos eat your heart out

Archer

Reply #31 on: June 01, 2011, 08:36:17 AM
Terra was a world in itself. And I thought he smashed the crystal, releasing Necron.

Nah, Necron was a manifestation of Kuja's fear of death. It's pretty vague, but the crystal was not destroyed.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: June 01, 2011, 09:51:56 AM
I'm currently buttmad because I just noticed I never had anyone here agree with me about Elder God being an awesome villain.

I mean [tornado fang], this guy manipulated even the "biggest" manipulator in the entire series (Moebius the [tornado fang]ing Time Streamer). And for what? BECAUSE THE [tornado fang]er IS ALWAYS HUNGRY THAT'S WHY!
Hungry for your soooouuuulllllll!

And he's a [tornado fang]ing giant tentacle monster with shitload of eyes, and has/had the voice of AWESOME.

Okay, that talk about me being asspained at the beginning of my post was just a joke.

Here, I'll tell you guys something:

[spoiler]
Kefka? PFFFT! A Generic "RAWR I'M EVIL AND CRAZY LOOK AT ME BEING CRAZY" villain. When I played FF6, I couldn't help but laugh at him and the people who say he's the best FF villain.

Sephiroth? AHAHAHA! Please I don't even know where to begin with this one. He would have made a more interesting villain, if he wasn't REALLY, SERIOUSLY introduced so late in the game.

Kuja? Well, I like him because he's just simply so FABULOUS, and can't say much about him cuz I never got too far in FFIX. So for now let's say I'm indifferent to him, but knowing that he's from FF, he's probably really horrible as a villain.

[/spoiler]

You see guys. There's more to a villain than a simple sob story and/or how evil and crazy he is. It doesn't matter how much [parasitic bomb] he's blown up or taken over. What REALLY matters is how a villain acts, his personality and stuff. And keep in mind that characters such as Ganondorf, usually have almost no REAL personality. A villain can have a sob story and be crazy evil... but he also needs to do something more than blowing [parasitic bomb] up and take over stuff.
A villain, should actually FEEL LIKE A REAL PERSON. Of course it all depends on the kind of game, and additionally nobody (especially not me) forbids you from from liking your Ganonderps and Sephiruffs.

But now you would ask: "How does this "feel like a real person" fit in with a giant [tornado fang]ing tentacle monster [Elder God]?"
Well [tornado fang], man/gurrl, isn't it obvious? Elder God was the typical selfish doing everything for his own gain god-like villain... BUT, how he acted, what he did and how he spoke made him much more interesting. The same goes for almost all the charas in LoK series. Esepcially Kain, Raziel and Moebius.

I can't say the same about Sephiroth, Kefka or even Ganondorf. These guys are just smalltime and boring. I might like their designs (to some extent), but in general... meh.

Now awaiting responses. With what I worte here, I really don't know what to expect from you guys.
Just keep in mind, I'm not really hatin' or angry here. Just wanted to say what I think.
Sooo if you think I SOMEHOW managed to insult you... then uh, sorry?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 10:00:56 AM
[spoiler=Kuja]Well Kuja found out he wasn't human but was created, then went Trance and destroyed Terra. When Kefka tried, something remained. Kuja left no remnants. [/spoiler] There.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: June 01, 2011, 11:42:09 AM
Kefka? PFFFT! A Generic "RAWR I'M EVIL AND CRAZY LOOK AT ME BEING CRAZY" villain. When I played FF6, I couldn't help but laugh at him and the people who say he's the best FF villain.
Out of the sea of genericness Kefka did kinda stand out..also to laugh at him kinda was the point. It was to show not to underestimate someone like him...but oh well, everyone has different tastes.

But let's see,, I have another Villains up my sleeve.
Nyarlathotep[spoiler]Big Bad of Persona 2 (both games).Cunning little bastard. He simply gave a city the power to make rumors come true. Then there was the whole deal with the two enemy groups the Masquerade and the Last Nazi battalion.He is the leader of both (disguising himself as Hitler...yep THAT Hitler). [/spoiler] and Izanami [spoiler]Big Bad of Persona 4. She wanted to turn everyone on the planet into shadows (mindless beings). Why? Cause she thought that's what humans want. She created the midnight channel and gave 3 individual the powers of persona. Though honestly, she wasn't really bad, she just didn't understand humans that well.[/spoiler]

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: June 01, 2011, 12:39:16 PM
I'm currently buttmad because I just noticed I never had anyone here agree with me about Elder God being an awesome villain.

I [tornado fang]ing LOVED his voice. You wouldn't believe how much a villain improves just because you give him the right voice.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #36 on: June 03, 2011, 05:11:15 PM

Sephiroth? AHAHAHA! Please I don't even know where to begin with this one. He would have made a more interesting villain, if he wasn't REALLY, SERIOUSLY introduced so late in the game.
Well, you know...
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldIsUnfunny

Also, who is Elder God in this context? It's more of a description than a name.

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: June 05, 2011, 09:48:43 PM
Miktran from Tales of Destiny
he waited 1000 years to retry his evil plan that failed the first time
using Belcrant to create shell for the entire planet where he and his chosen ones will live alone while treating all others like slaves.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: June 05, 2011, 10:21:48 PM
Well, you know...
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldIsUnfunny

Also, who is Elder God in this context? It's more of a description than a name.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhLQXcaVM0k[/youtube]

Offline Sigma Zero X

• Cool Mirage Diver
  • Robot Master
  • "Here We Go!"
    • View Profile
    • Sigma Zero X's Mega Man X Videos
Reply #39 on: June 15, 2011, 05:03:49 PM
Favorite villian:  Sigma from the Mega Man X series.  He just got the BA charisma, looks, charm, and fighting techniques that made me like and respect him.

Other honorable mentions:

Geese Howard, Wolfgang Krauser, and Mr. Big from the KOF Series:  The big three SNK bosses long before Rugal existed with the Genocide Cutter.  Each of the three had unique techniques that made them fearsome opponents.

Rugal from the KOF series:  Of course I can't forget about that fact that I like Mr. Genocide Cutter himself.  His attire and moves are just too cool.

I have a few more, but I am still debating in my mind right now on who I should post.

"Well.  This is just delightful!" - Marino, from Mega Man X Command Mission