Valentine's Day Contest Results Thread

Rock Miyabi · 8562

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
on: February 24, 2010, 02:27:14 AM
After a little delay in the contest, it's time to announce who has stolen our hearts and taken home some wonderful prizes. This year we had 4 contestants in the Talent Category and 6 in the Humor/Content Category. Again, both categories had their own theme, ripped from the charts...back in the 80's. XD The theme for Talent was "It's a Nice Day for a White Wedding", while Content was "You Give Love a Bad Name."

Below you will see Vixy's wonderful mugshots for each entry. Those thumbs link directly to each artist's page, which also contains the judge's commentary. Vixy updated the contest page again to focus on this particular one, but don't worry, the Swim Contest results will still be there. Until the main page link is updated, you can reach the contest page right here.

Thanks once again to everyone who took the time to enter. I'm sorry I can't give prizes out to everyone, especially when there were fewer entries. You all did a fantastic job with your entries. The humor category was especially tight, and really could have gone any way. All of the judges had varying results, and the final scores were extremely tight.

Big thank you also to Vixy for being the hostess with the mostess and giving me some place to actually display these pictures prominently among our community, rather than just on whatever crappy free webspace I can find. Give her a hand for her hard work with the webdesign, too.

Finally, thank you to all the judges who volunteered to help out (even the one I forgot volunteered... -AC -u-') both this year and in year's past. I can't do this alone, so I appreciate all the help you've given me. It always helps to have so many differing points of view.

I seriously was intending for this to be the final year of my contest. Honestly, I was telling myself that this past summer, even though I didn't want to publicly state it, especially then. But you never say never, so I'll leave the door open a crack. If there is a next time, I hope to see you all participating again. If not, thanks for these wonderful past 4 years of pics, all!!!!  8)

And now, what you've all been waiting for. HARDCORE NUDITY...oh, wait, I mean the results and actual images:

Talent - It's a Nice Day For a White Wedding

1stAkira: Aile's Dream Wedding

Akira wins a prize of his choice valued at around $40 USD (he's leaning towards a certain figure)
2ndlinkfreak131: Roll.EXE's dress fitting

linkfreak wins a Progress Chip Gate, two Progress Navi Datas, and a boatload of Link chips!

3rdborockman: Nana's Dream Man's Nightmare

borockman has decided to take a cash prize of $15 USD over the original figure/battlechip offering
4thbassds: Subaru and Misora

Content - You Give Love a Bad Name

1stThe Great Gonzo, aka General RADIX: Well Rock, the ceremony is over. Now what do married people do?

Gonzo wins the prize of her choice valued at around $40 USD. (almost for sure the MMXOCW, perhaps Gigamix 2, or something else)
2ndPress Start, aka kenshinmeowth: Splashy Choo-choo-chooses you!

Press Start wins a Progress Chip Gate, two Progress Navi Datas, and a boatload of Link chips!
3rdkim phan, aka idiotlord: ENTER THIS CAPSULE, X

kim wins the Bass and Grave Beast Virus mini figures, one of these Link Navi Datas, and some random Link battlechips
4thRad Lionheart, aka Centaur Man: Seriously, no underboob joke here
5thRepliroid 20XX, aka tranceblade: Kalinka receives love letters
6thhj: Zero's gone fishin'

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 02:35:02 AM
Ah, the results. :3
Congrats to all the winners, you all deserve it.
And to the rest, don't be disheartened, it really was a tight decision to make. X3

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 02:40:35 AM
Some comments I posted that I think was fun to note. ^^

Quote from: VixyNyan about hj's drawing
I take it Zero catches the fishies because of two reasons. If they are mechanical fishies, they have Energy Crystals inside them. If they are not mechanical, then they are a great Protein source for Ciel.

Quote from: VixyNyan about Repliroid20XX's drawing
Wily has to prove his love to her in a game of Rockboard. Cold Island might be a cool place for them to relax and have a love-dovey time. Dr. Cossack might not like the idea. Dr. Wily might just go and kidnap her again (and then Blues will save her again).

Quote from: VixyNyan about PressStart's drawing
As Roll gets closer and closer to Mr. Choo Choo, Snidley WhipSplash enjoys every moment of it. Will Dusty DocLight come to his rescue, or will another Light bot help him?

Quote from: VixyNyan about The Great Gonzo's drawing
Samus, did you forget to tell Rock what that means? Since both Samus and Rock are now married, the truth will have to come out soon. Will Rock be able to handle it? Will he realize what kind of sexual acts he has to go through to please her?

Quote from: VixyNyan about linkfreak131's drawing
Roll is getting help from Meiru-chan and two viruses to prepare herself for a plug-in marriage with Rock. Reading the latest Demasu edition of Chiptendo Power magazine published by Higure Yamitaro, Meiru-chan found the most peachy and adorable Princess Dress battle chip for Roll to use. Now Rock will feel at ease when the marriage begins.

Quote from: VixyNyan about Akira's drawing
Aile is so happy to finally get married with her mentor Girouette. The wedding was lovely, they walked down the aisle, until we found out that it was all a dream. Awww! Aile is so cute when she's drooling in a horny kinda way~ >w< Both Aile and Girouette are cute and adorable. I love that Aile has a E-Can bedsheet. x3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline BassDS

• Author of Star Lovers
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 02:43:10 AM
Well, the contest was a good idea for a backup. Guess I'm walking to gamestop to take SoulSilver's price down with the money i have in my wallet. Plus I still got points for MM10.

Only thing I hate about my art is that I can't get out of using this art style. It's been that way for years and it won't change no matter what i try.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 02:44:23 AM
Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. So I failed at getting my promotional pic completely done. However, I'll give you an loose idea of what it'll look like when it is finished. Which at this rate is after Capcom Unity Contests wrap up...

XD Bud and Luna really are drawn, just not ready to ink them quite yet.

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 02:45:35 AM
... Oh my, Subaru's getting a new dad... XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 02:45:43 AM
The scribbles!! >0<
War Rock, Flower Petals, Wedding Burger, Nerd...

I love it~ >U<

Front Page update. ^^b

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 02:51:51 AM
Oh yeah finally I won something!  8)
I have a dilemma of submitting my art into comedy or talent.
But I don't regret it.

Congrats to the winner you deserved it!

Oh and lol at scribble.  >0<

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 03:13:10 AM
So THAT'S who she was marrying. >0<

Congrats to all the winners (besides me, since I can't congratulate myself without looking like a prick), and everyone else. :)

Offline Akira

• Mr. Fanservice & Vixy's cute boy
  • Neo Arcadian
  • BAKA!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 05:31:52 AM
LOL, I like your drawing Miyabi san XD!!!!   and Congratulations to  the winners  :3

Cute comments my VixyNyan  :3 *kiss*

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 06:16:49 AM
Congrats to everyone! 

Offline PressStart

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Mega Man for Smash Bros
Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 06:49:43 AM
That Zero fishing one is soooo cute! I dunno who hj is, but really nice job. I wish I could draw that well  O^O

You must not be kidding about it being tight, I can't believe I got 2nd. I love the entries, so thanks to everyone who managed to submit art. And definitely a big thanks to the judges, it's cool to see the individual comments  '>.>

And of course a BIG thanks to you Rock (you...rock??)!  I definitely feel like you're being way too generous here, so if you ever need something, feel free to ask! You are an inspiration *o*

Erm, dunno what else to say except that this is awesome, thanks sooo much, and god I love these emotes  óVó

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 06:51:46 AM
I feel that the wrong people won, and by saying that, I sound like a tremendous [Bumpity-Boom!], but eh.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 06:56:07 AM
All entries were nice. Congratulation to the winners and also everyone who entered. A winner are you all :P

Offline PressStart

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 07:02:48 AM
I feel that the wrong people won, and by saying that, I sound like a tremendous [Bumpity-Boom!], but eh.

Well, I'm definitely surprised at hj's being in 6th. I'm guessin' though that this is a result of having to choose from such a small amount of entries, so I feel bad there were not more total entries.

Of course, it wouldn't be right to take away prizes from anyone after final results have been announced, but I'd honestly be ok with hj getting 2nd and me getting 6th, with him getting the prize and all  >w<

edit: Woooah that'sa lotta chips!

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 07:42:16 PM
Congratulations, winners! I hope I could enter next year, but I'll say it again. I don't want the prizes is I win.

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 11:10:26 PM
akira wins every contest he enters

squemp

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 08:07:55 PM

Which makes entering any contest pointless.
Whatever you do, you know who 's gonna win, anyway.

Honestly. I don't know why Hj didn't get many votes.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 08:09:36 PM
True, true. Let's not forget the eventual St. Patrick's day contest though.  XD

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 08:11:40 PM
Well, you know who'll win it!

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 08:25:57 PM
Haha, it might not even be "his holiday" if he ever decides to enter. XD

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 08:31:31 PM
if you guys hold a halloween contest i swear sparky and i would beat the fuq out of all the competition

squemp

Offline PressStart

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 11:13:58 PM
I would like to see all of this competition!

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 01:27:23 AM
I beat Akira before, so there goes that statement.  :P And Akira actually didn't sweep 1st place from every judge, either.

Honestly. I don't know why Hj didn't get many votes.
Just to give a little explanation, the way I do things with judging involves the law of averages. For a couple people, hj was a top 3 entry. The others, he was bottom 3. Press Start was actually the only one in humor who had 2 #1 votes. Yet RADIX's was basically top 3 across the board, and it averaged out in the end with her having more points. So with humor, as I said initially, it's a lot harder because everyone has different ideas of what's funny. Obviously, when 4 different people had first place votes, our opinions all differed. That's why averaging it all out is more of a fair way to do it, in my opinion.

And realistically, if there was another judge and more points were added, ANY of the 6 entries could have wound up in the top 3. hj included. I'm dead serious, that's how tight everything was. So by no means should any of them feel ashamed of their placing. It just looks worse when there are fewer competitors.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 01:45:07 AM
I beat Akira before, so there goes that statement.  :P And Akira actually didn't sweep 1st place from every judge, either.

Now I wonder if I got a 1st in any judges list at all.

But whoa, humor section judging was tight!

Proud member of Indigo tribe!