Who exactly created the Biometals?

CyberXIII · 19460

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #50 on: January 01, 2010, 10:02:12 PM
Presumably models HFLP were with scientist guy who wanted to study them, I forget his name, when they got stolen. They could do well enough without them for a while, I guess, since ZX is the ultimate and all that. Don't think anything more detailed than "they were stolen" was given, but Zan will have to correct me on that.

They weren't compatible with any model other than X, but X lets them double merge with any other biometal, so they can use their powers anyway.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: January 01, 2010, 10:08:32 PM
GOD Damn. What a Necropost, Zeta.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #52 on: January 01, 2010, 10:31:04 PM
At first, after experiencing (but most likely not completely comprehending) the story, I thought that Ciel made Model XZHFLP, whilst I thought that (at first) it was Dr. Viel who made Model V. Then, after playing ZX Advent, I learned that Albert created(?) Model V.
Perfectly understandable.  Albert as a character was not introduced before ZX Advent, nor were Model W's origins completely explained.  It was only stated that it was derived from the remnants of Ragnarok, but how it got to be something capable of transforming others with the R.O.C.K. system was never explored, nor were the origins of Pandora and Prometheus, the self-proclaimed voices of Model W.

And I need some clearing up. While Aile/Vent were away, they left Models HFLP in a lab, and someone stole 'em?
Yes.  And the Guardian science guy's name is Fleuve.

Also, why was Aile/Vent compatible with HFLP?
They weren't compatible with any model other than X, but X lets them double merge with any other biometal, so they can use their powers anyway.
False.

Vent and Aile are among Albert's Chosen Ones, and for the last time, any of Ciel's Biometals are compatible with any Chosen One.  Any notions to the contrary are complete fanon, and with the possible exception of Model A (being Albert's backup), there is no conceivable reason that such a restriction should exist at all.

Ciel's Biometals (Models X, Z, H, L, F, and P) are based off of her research on Model W.  There can be no further restriction within Ciel's usage of the R.O.C.K. System beyond Model W's unless Ciel herself added it, and she has neither the reason nor the ability to do so.  If she could modify R.O.C.K. System compatibility, she would never have limited her Biometals to those who share compatibility with Model W in the first place.  Given that she is stuck within the same "pool" as Model W, limiting her Biometals any further would only serve to handicap them against the very threat they were designed to counter, and for what benefit?  None.  The whole idea is a fan-based assumption, and a grossly illogical one at that.

"...the ones with the potential to use Model X and Z, are the same ones with the potential to unleash Model W. As a chosen one, you have the power to save or destroy the world."

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: January 02, 2010, 01:15:16 AM
The way I see it, is that some people may more closely match their biometal than others, as shown my ZXA's Big 4 being similar to the small 4 they are using. (and by similar, I mean twisted interpretations of.) or, how Giro just so happens to look like Zero. Bt the fact remains that any chosen one can use any Biometal.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: January 02, 2010, 01:22:36 AM
Perfectly understandable.  Albert as a character was not introduced before ZX Advent, nor were Model W's origins completely explained.  It was only stated that it was derived from the remnants of Ragnarok, but how it got to be something capable of transforming others with the R.O.C.K. system was never explored, nor were the origins of Pandora and Prometheus, the self-proclaimed voices of Model W.

Albeit perfect understandable. This is a case of people adding a clear cut identities to the vague  "that man" references when there clearly wasn't half the time. In retrospect, ZX's vague reference are perfectly understandable when thinking with Albert in mind, making the notion of Weil creating Model W a rather silly thing; Weil IS Model W. The only thing he could have possibly made were the Model W fragments, which are derivative of himself.

However, for those that still cling to such a notion; even with Albert in the equation, it is actually true still; Ashe did implicate Model W as corrupting Albert. Thus everything can easily be brought full circle by saying that Weil facilitated his transformation to Model W by manipulating Albert. Which is something I even entertained when the Sage Trinity were first shown; if Weil wanted to make more Model W's, he'd have to use a puppet to that end, Albert with his scientific knowledge immediately stuck out as quite the candidate.

as shown my ZXA's Big 4 being similar to the small 4 they are using.

You know, initially the fanbase used the term "small 4" to describe Aeolus and the others, not their Biometals. Funny how you like totally turned that upside down.

And any correlation between Chosen One and Biometal is complete nonsense in-universe; they were all supposed to be Model W Mega Men. It could only make sense if Albert somehow could anticipate the match ups of new Chosen Ones with Ciel's biometals, and even then he sorely messed up with Vent and Aile both having Model X. Not to mention that it begs the question of what happened to the Model W Mega Men other than Serpent.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #55 on: January 02, 2010, 05:39:16 AM
You could also short-answer that with "fanservice". 

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: January 02, 2010, 06:36:59 AM

You know, initially the fanbase used the term "small 4" to describe Aeolus and the others, not their Biometals. Funny how you like totally turned that upside down.

Ive honestly never had any idea as to which referred to which. I assumed Small 4 was for the 4 biometals because, well... They are small. '>.>