THE TEN COMMANDMENTS of making a NEW MEGA MAN GAME!

Gojira345 · 2683

Offline Gojira345

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: February 11, 2010, 03:14:05 AM
For all 2D series.

COMMANDMENT l: Thou shalt not design bosses that can go off the playing screen, especially bosses

with the nature to attack suddenly and move quickly.

The punishment for breaking commandment l is an eternity of fighting Burner Man, only firing thy

blaster when the master is offscreen.

COMMANDMENT ll: Thou shalt not create weapons that have severely limited use outside of boss

fights, nor shall ye create weapons that are replaced by other weapons that function similarly

only better.

The punishment for breaking commandment ll is to complete the Doc Robot stages of Mega Man 3 for

eternity with only Spark Shock and Top Spin.

COMMANDMENT lll: Thou shalt not create areas to traverse through that are impossible not to get

damaged in without trickery or hackery.

The punishment for breaking commandment lll is to play Crash Man's stage in Mega Man 2 for

eternity without the pause glitch, special weapons, or any health afforded above 1 pixel.

COMMANDMENT lV: Thou shalt not have Rush Jet vanish upon pausing, for a long ride may call for a

bathroom break.

The punishment for breaking commandment lV is an eternity of traversing the Rush Jet section of

Needle Man's Doc Robot stage with the pause button on turbo.

COMMANDMENT V: Thou shalt not go into to trickier or cheapery that cannot be avoided with

reflexes. Yea, let it be known that foreknowledge is cheapery, and not welcome in the Kingdom of

Megaman.

The punishment for breaking commandment V is to fight Wily in Mega Man 2 just after the boss rush

with 1 pixel of energy for all eternity. Failure will send thee back to the damned hallway before

the buie beam traps. Let it be known that this is an eternity without special weapons.

COMMANDMENT Vl: Thou shalt not portray Wily/Sigma as friend or uninvolved when they clearly are

involved. Yea, let it be known that the jig was up on Wily/Sigma when MM"insert number here" was

announced.

The punishment for breaking commandment Vl will be to lay eyes upon the intro to Mega Man 5 for

all eternity, but the audio will be replaced with the tongue of Flame Hyenard.

COMMANDMENT Vll: Thou shalt not split the 8 Robot Masters/Mavericks into groups of 4, 2, 3, or any

value other than 8 on the selection screen.

The punishment for breaking commandment Vll will be to play Search Man's stage for eternity with

no special weapons and verily, a health bar of 1 pixel.

COMMANDMENT Vlll: Thou shalt not make the controls lack customization. Verily this includes

command dash, weapon assignment and buster buttons.

The punishment for breaking commandment Vlll will be to play Mega Man X6 for eternity on the

highest level of difficulty. Yea, let it be known that the controls will assort to their will at

every 5 second mark.

COMMANDMENT lX: Thou shalt not create bosses, mazes, or areas where running out of special weapon

energy dooms the player.

Yea, the breaking of  commandment lX is punishable by an eternity fighting the Buie Beam trap in

Mega Man 2, and the only weapon shall be Bubble Lead.

COMMANDMENT X: Thou shalt not bear false witness about the methods of obtaining secrets nor bear

false witness about the method of unlocking secrets in a Mega Man title for attention and profit.

The punishment for breaking commandment X is an eternity surrounded by Mega Man fans of all ages,

creeds and colors. And yea, unto the they shall ask questions of all natures whilst thy hands are

glued to a controller and a running copy of Mega Man X7. Let it be knownst unto thee that all of

the onlookers will have the tongue and vocal elegance of Flame Hyenard, and that the game shall

shock the player every time Axl says something ignorant and blasphemus.

AND yea, the fans of Mega Man brought the data chips down from Wily Tower, and presented them to

the developers. The developers; being wicked; cried out in anguish and pain, but ultimately

complied to the will of Dr. Light.

And yea, unto thee verily and foremost, to avoid the fiery and technical pits where Wily, Sigma,

and Serpent rule, give a hearty Amen unto Light.

AMEN.

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 03:20:36 AM
cool advertisement bro

squemp

Offline Gojira345

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 03:29:42 AM
actually, that is my gamefaqs sig.

Let me edit that... O:<

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 09:41:25 AM
It has been done with regards to Top Spin though...

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 09:58:26 AM

what?

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 02:54:34 PM
in b4 lock
in b4 lock
in b4 lock..

Where's our local lockman?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 03:00:19 PM
Where's our local lockman?
Maybe I should sprite one as my locktab, with eyebrows. XD

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 03:42:07 PM
..I didn't know you could lock, I had Jerry in mind XD

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 03:45:49 PM
Lock Man! >0<
Well, this thread is still entertaining...
We'll wait and see.

Archer

Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 03:51:08 PM
...Entertaining? Okay...