Internet Relay Chat InformationMibbit
is currently the most reliable web-based IRC client available that seems to work very well under Linux, Macintosh and Windows operating systems. Mibbit
is recommended over CGI:IRC
due to it's stability and server independence after loading (which creates much less lag time in between messages).
Users with an IRC client installed and set to accept IRC links, click here to enter the IRC network!
Once you're in, type "/join #rpm" snd start chatting! If you don't have an IRC client set or installed to work with IRC links, you may use the info below to connect to us.Connection Info:
Random Server: irc.synirc.net
Standard Port: 6667
Alternative Server #1 (USA): liberty.nj.us.synirc.net
Alternative Server #2 (USA): harpy.mi.us.synirc.net
Alternative Server #3 (USA): snowball.mo.us.synirc.net
Alternative Server #4 (Denmark): zero.dk.eu.synirc.net
Alternative Server #5 (Germany): twilight.de.eu.synirc.net
Alternative Server #6 (Netherlands): dissonance.nl.eu.synirc.net
Server with IPv6 support: dissonance.nl.eu.synirc.net
[Founder] Lord Ares/Ari/Ronove
[SuperOP] Captain Kitsu
[OP] Dr. WilyII
[HOP] HitomiWhere to get more info/help:
You may either Private Message Ares/Ronove
or use a search engine
IRC Channel Rules and Regulations While the basics are already on the mainsite, this is considered a more in-depth version and is already official and set in motion. The channel operators need only to give you one warning before you are subject to being kicked to get your full attention. From then on, if the action continues you will be banned for an hour then for three days. If you continue to break the rules, you will be subject to permaban. The channel operators reserve the right to skip these punishments if it is deemed necessary. The enacting and removal of permabans must be agreed upon by all the OPs; however, Ares reserves the right to ban or unban if he sees it is needed even in the event of an operator disagreement.
(By "flooding" we mean posting many identical messages, posting meaningless messages, and posting in any way that results in an unreasonable amount of space being taken in the channel.)
- If a member has a problem with any other member(s), they may contact any of the Channel Operators. Members who do NOT respect this rule will be subject to action taken against them.
- Denigration of other peoples regarding race, creed, color, religion, hobbies and other personal features is not appreciated.
- Outside of their 'playful' limits, there are NO HARASSING, NO THREATS, AND NO ACCUSATIONS allowed in the channel!
- Flaming, flooding, advertising other channels, and/or accusations are not appreciated.
- Since there might be people who are within the legally underage, being aware of who is around and watching conversation level is appreciated.
- Do not coincide with a member during a matter of conflict in the channel. An automatic ban may be served.
- Use proper grammar. We cannot stress this enough, joking is one thing, but atleast appear to type in a somewhat decent manner. That said, typoes are tolerated; we are human and make mistakes.
- Your text must be [easily] readable! Do not choose the same color foreground and background in this channel!
- The channel is considered as a virtual extension of the forum. If a member is banned from the forum, the Channel Operators will be informed of this action ASAP and depending on the member's actions and behavior, the Channel Operators may too ban said member from the IRC channel on sight. Additionally, the inverse relationship also proves true -- if a ban is issued on the IRC channel, the Channel Operators will inform the forum staff about the banned member. Depending on their actions and behavior, they may also be banned from the forums.
- While the channel is for RPM it is not a place to drag issues from the forum. It is a place to relax and hang out. It will not be tolerated to talk about any member behind their back in any negative way. Also, harassing will not be tolerated. Even if you are joking the Channel Operators might not know it and could reprimand you. The channel is for all RPM members and all will be welcomed.
- Actions towards loopholes will be decided by the Channel Operators.
- Channel Operators each have their own personal preferences. Some may be more flexible than others, all of the rules listed here applies either way. If one Channel Operator does not take action, it does not mean another Channel Operator may not take action.
- Backseat modding in the channel is not appreciated unless the member was given permission to do so from a Channel Operator with a given status.
- We encourage every member to register on the IRC network (type: /msg nickserv help register). With this, users may apply a custom hostmask to make things more convenient for themselves and the OPs.
- You MUST keep up to date with this Users Agreement.
- When you first enter the channel, you will be shown the Channel Topic. Any announcements posted (tagged <announcement></announcement>) are there for your benefit, so you are absolutely required to read and observe it.
- YOU ARE REQUIRED TO BE AWARE OF ALL OF THESE RULES AND OF ANY SUBSEQUENT MODIFICATIONS.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that violates these rules, the SynIRC network rules or any U.S. laws.
You may Private Message Ares/Ronove
and request for instructions with installing and/or setting up a client to connect to RPM's IRC Channel.
Attention Channel Operators
#RPM Channel Operator Guidelines:
- Remember: The channel is bigger than you. The channel matters more than you. You can be sacrificed for the good of the channel.
Chaos will not be tolerated. Random kicks and bans are not cute and fun and repeated use undermines their usefulness as punishment. This rule is now to be enforced, on all operators, and punishment is at the discretion of Ari/Ares/Ronove.
- All defamation of users should be squashed as soon as it begins. These activities create a hostile environment that is not what the channel is intended for. Any ops found supporting, causing, or participating in any such actions will be subject to punishment.
- An operator’s job is to help keep these and other problems from blowing up in the channel. The ops support the channel owner in keeping things under control. While they can freely voice their opinions to the channel owner these should be kept out of the channel and in query. Any challenges in the IRC are disruptive and disrespectful. Problems should be taken up in private.
- If there is a problem with a member or another op bring it to the attention of the channel owner or another trusted op. Bans maybe agreed upon by all the ops, however, the right to ban without question always belongs to the channel owner. Never bring issues out on the open IRC.
All rules are subject to change by whim of the Channel Owner, Ares/Ronove and Webmistress Vixy.
The rules were created and decided upon by Channel Owner Ares/Ronove and Second-In-Command Lady Alma. If you have any questions about the rules or guidelines or require any services at all, send a message to either one on the IRC or Forum.