DC Animated Universe Thread

Rin · 58456

Offline Obdulio

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #250 on: October 19, 2011, 03:52:45 AM
Well Joker has appeared in Young Justice ... and i have to admit i dont like his look, he looks like a pretty boy like he jumped out from some fangirl's yaoi doujin. While his dialogue is good, his voice actor [ who also played Data on Star Trek ] sounds like hes trying too hard to sound like Heath Ledger's Joker.

Whats everyone else's thoughts on the new Joker?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #251 on: October 19, 2011, 05:08:28 AM
The look takes a bit to get used too, but it aint so bad. It just looks different from the jokers weve had up till now.

The voice didnt remind me of Hamil particularly. It reminded me of SOMETHING, but I cant quite put a finger on it. It was alright though

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Obdulio

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #252 on: October 19, 2011, 05:16:59 AM
The voice didnt remind me of Hamil particularly. It reminded me of SOMETHING, but I cant quite put a finger on it. It was alright though

Well i didnt say it remind me of Hamil but Heath Ledger.

besides that episode 14 was great episode, i saw alot of DC characters i didn't recongize but its nice to see that unsung characters are getting cameos at least :)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #253 on: October 19, 2011, 05:22:30 AM
Oh misread that somehow. Yeah it does have hints of Ledger here and there. Actually something I noticed is that he seems to sort of overdo the voice and it starts sounding weird.

Also, Fate sounds like Darth Vader.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #254 on: October 19, 2011, 09:56:36 AM
Voice, look AND style are probably the worst I have ever seen in a Joker, maybe except Lieberman's Joker in Hush Returns.

He doesn't look or sound crazy, and he certainly doesn't act as such. He's hanging out with a bunch of villains when he's way out of their league, and not only does he dress like a stereotypical emo kid, he looks like he's emulating Ledger's Joker without ANY of the good stuff that made Ledger's Joker good.

That... is a Joker poser. It's exactly how an emo kid acts when they want to be the Joker. Waving a knife around for no reason and with his ridiculous pocket chain.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #255 on: October 19, 2011, 03:14:20 PM
Agreed. That was worst Joker I seen though the rest of the episode was top-notch. I wasn't expecting cameos from Blue Devil, Plastic Man and those other two whose names escape me.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #256 on: October 19, 2011, 07:52:31 PM
Mark Hamill says goodbye to The Joker

Although at the Comic Con, I heard him say that he would come back to do the Joker one last time if DC made an animated movie of The Killing Joke.

...I would love an Animated Movie of The Killing Joke!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #257 on: October 19, 2011, 08:32:44 PM
Mark Hamill says goodbye to The Joker

Although at the Comic Con, I heard him say that he would come back to do the Joker one last time if DC made an animated movie of The Killing Joke.

...I would love an Animated Movie of The Killing Joke!
He always says that. =P He said it for Arkham Asylum, and he said it for some other thing. He'll be back.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #258 on: October 19, 2011, 08:35:49 PM
I know. I would just really love him to do The Joker for an animated version of The Killing Joke.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #259 on: October 19, 2011, 09:26:07 PM
he looks like a pretty boy like he jumped out from some fangirl's yaoi doujin.

Oh! Far from it! he has far too many facial features for that. You know, a face with actualy volume and distinguishable elemenets. Like a nose.
He's also clearly male.

He is prettier than usual, but not even close to fangril yaoi doujins.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #260 on: October 19, 2011, 11:07:46 PM
I know. I would just really love him to do The Joker for an animated version of The Killing Joke.
Honestly... the Killing Joke Joker's probably the only one I don't really see him voicing. It's a very, very human Joker. Those parts with his origin, the way he talks and the way he expresses himself... it's the only Joker story where his plan isn't really to laugh. Hamill's Joker is BRILLIANT, but I don't imagine him being vengeful, maniacal or the usual amazing performer in that story. I imagine him showing Batman something just to make a point.

The only part of the story where I can imagine Hamill's voice, is the singing part, when he says "Don't get eeeeeven! Get maaaaaaad!"

But the rest, even his first laugh, I imagine a more disturbing, screamed and non-funny at all, something another voice would be better at.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #261 on: October 20, 2011, 03:47:16 AM
Dunno bout you, but I can see Mark Hamill doing Killing joke.

This Hamill Joker impression tells me it could work

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa0R_2K9iec[/youtube]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #262 on: October 20, 2011, 04:15:46 AM
Dunno bout you, but I can see Mark Hamill doing Killing joke.

This Hamill Joker impression tells me it could work

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa0R_2K9iec[/youtube]

Definitely. That was a fantastic impression, he really nailed the key points of what made Hamill's Joker so great (except the laughing)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #263 on: October 20, 2011, 05:10:11 AM
Honestly... the Killing Joke Joker's probably the only one I don't really see him voicing. It's a very, very human Joker. Those parts with his origin, the way he talks and the way he expresses himself... it's the only Joker story where his plan isn't really to laugh. Hamill's Joker is BRILLIANT, but I don't imagine him being vengeful, maniacal or the usual amazing performer in that story. I imagine him showing Batman something just to make a point.

The only part of the story where I can imagine Hamill's voice, is the singing part, when he says "Don't get eeeeeven! Get maaaaaaad!"

But the rest, even his first laugh, I imagine a more disturbing, screamed and non-funny at all, something another voice would be better at.

I disagree. Hamill is the perfect blend of funny & menacing, and he could definitely do something more akin to Killing Joke, given his talent level.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #264 on: October 20, 2011, 08:53:05 AM
I disagree. Hamill is the perfect blend of funny & menacing, and he could definitely do something more akin to Killing Joke, given his talent level.
The problem is, when I see Killing Joke, I don't see funny and menacing. I see Joker being true and frank to Batman for the first time in his life.

That, is the one thing I can never see the Hamill Joker doing. Showing his fragility. And of course, acting the Red Hood parts.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #265 on: October 20, 2011, 10:29:23 AM
It's really only that one scene though, and the final scene, in which he's being frank. But, he's a professional and he can definitely pull it off without being traditional Hamill Joker.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #266 on: October 20, 2011, 03:30:53 PM
It's really only that one scene though, and the final scene, in which he's being frank. But, he's a professional and he can definitely pull it off without being traditional Hamill Joker.
I dunno if he could pull it off. My point is, his usual Joker voice wouldn't fit The Killing Joke. In the entire story, except when he's singing his song to Gordon, he's acting in a completely different way. Not simply performing, but in this plan, he wants to prove a point. For once, he is NOT trying to be funny. I find that Hamill's Joker can never be honest. Only funny, or angry. Or lying his ass off.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #267 on: October 20, 2011, 07:20:30 PM
The problem is, when I see Killing Joke, I don't see funny and menacing. I see Joker being true and frank to Batman for the first time in his life.

That, is the one thing I can never see the Hamill Joker doing. Showing his fragility. And of course, acting the Red Hood parts.
Again, I can see him doing it. Refer to the impression. Just keep the "funny" out of the voice and play him straight, and it can work.
Besides if he says he would "come back" for it, then he's a fan of it- im pretty sure he could pull it off great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #268 on: October 20, 2011, 07:30:46 PM
I dunno if he could pull it off. My point is, his usual Joker voice wouldn't fit The Killing Joke. In the entire story, except when he's singing his song to Gordon, he's acting in a completely different way. Not simply performing, but in this plan, he wants to prove a point. For once, he is NOT trying to be funny. I find that Hamill's Joker can never be honest. Only funny, or angry. Or lying his ass off.

He could definitely pull it off. Like I said, he's a professional and he can play the role in many different ways, no matter what the role calls for. He's done other voice acting on many many different shows, and you can hear his more serious side, and the two can be intermixed throughout the story, when it calls for it. He doesn't have to play the Joker like he does in the animated series.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #269 on: October 20, 2011, 08:42:35 PM
He could definitely pull it off. Like I said, he's a professional and he can play the role in many different ways, no matter what the role calls for. He's done other voice acting on many many different shows, and you can hear his more serious side, and the two can be intermixed throughout the story, when it calls for it. He doesn't have to play the Joker like he does in the animated series.
I've heard his voice in many of his other roles. I just don't think it's the best voice for that kind of situation.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #270 on: October 21, 2011, 09:53:43 PM
I can see Under the Red Hood Joker as a nice match for The Killing Joke.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #271 on: October 22, 2011, 02:18:36 AM
DiMaggio had quite a really good grip on Joker. He channeled more Nicholson Joker than Hamill, but it felt like a welcome return.

Offline Obdulio

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #272 on: November 12, 2011, 02:08:53 AM
Anyone catch the New Green Lantern show on Cartoon Network ?? 

They showed the first 2 episodes, while i would prefer if it was a 2D animated show I was really surprised at how good it was especially the second episode.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #273 on: November 12, 2011, 06:48:47 AM
Saw it at the Comic Con. It was awesome.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #274 on: April 26, 2013, 01:06:03 AM
Let's revive this.

I recently saw The Dark Knight Returns, the animated 2 parter they did.

And it was glorious.

And hearing Robocop as Batman... Just rocked.

The Superman Batman fight was also just too epic for words.

EDIT: they are making Flashpoint into a movie.