Finding patterns and AI years after games are out.

Gojira345 · 1635

Offline Gojira345

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: February 04, 2010, 07:45:03 AM
So, if we found out that Bright Man's Freeze attack is based on his health, then maybe we can figure out the patterns/ reactions of other bosses to have an easier time.

SHADOW: My money is on reaction based. Either that or there is supposed to be some other method of fighting him buster only, because waiting to react only works if he does blades. Even at a far distance if he slides and you haven't committed to a jump as soon as his animation changes, then you will be hit as you rise. Ouch.

QUICK: Gotta be some pattern to when he throws the rangs. other than that I can see his jumps being random. Also thinking that it's reaction based.

PHAROAH: He seems to be lockable into a pattern, considering how many videos I've seen of people trading charge shots with him for the WHOLE battle.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 07:55:46 AM
I know exactly how all the bosses work in megaman 3 considering i've been working on my mm3 rom hack for 4 years now and know every single possible nook and cranny about everything pretty much.

Shadow man has randomness.
He'll slide or throw the blade after he's done doing all his jumps. 50% chance of blade or slide.
And 4 possible jump height settings.

Offline Gojira345

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 09:55:45 AM
So I guess it's more up to finding a "don't get cornered" strategy that puts you in the best position to dodge either attack every time.

Kinda like fighting Plug Man in 9. He can only really hit someone familiar with the pattern if he glues them to the wall. Thus, most strategies involve going under him as he draws near.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 12:01:26 AM
I think Quick's boomerang throwing is related to distance. He only throws them if you're close to him.  It looks like to me it's like Jump, then Charge, with throwing the boomerangs happening at any time during those two phases, although I'm not sure if he can throw during a latter part of the charge phase until the cycle restarts.

I think metalman's AI is pretty interesting.