Is Cyberspace the afterlife for reploids?

NintendoWarrior · 12039

Offline NintendoWarrior

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
on: February 04, 2010, 03:50:16 AM
Do reploids have souls then? How does Cyberspace work?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 03:56:43 AM
...Wat.

Boy, Cyberspace is basically more or less of a sanctuary for "dead reploids" (See Phantom). It's been used for troop transfer, quick shortcuts, and epic battles because of the such large space.

Plus reploids can't or so really "die". Take Siggy or Zero for example, they have thier memory chips onboard thier current bodies, so if one's destroyed but the memory chip survives they are pretty much done until a new body is built. It's how "retire" got it's term in the X, Zero, and ZX series.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 04:04:16 AM
Go away troll.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline NintendoWarrior

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 04:08:07 AM
Ah shoot my bad I meant Cyber Space. I always thought it was sorta a like an afterlife because Phantom was htee. Can a mod fix the title?

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 04:53:04 AM
you can do it yourself?

Offline NintendoWarrior

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 05:03:30 AM
And Flame I'm no troll I'm asking a question I've been curious about.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 07:02:26 AM
Sorry. Ive known trolls that make questions like these. My bad.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline NintendoWarrior

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 07:11:27 AM
No problem, any other takers to my question? I'm really curious to how the Z series handles Cyberspace and what not.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 07:16:24 AM
Well, its really just that, cyberspace. cyberspace is the reploid afterlife. Its where progams and cyber elves dwell. Its the same as the one from X4.a reploid soul is after all, data. So when the reploid dies, that data drifts back to cyberspace, and is usually lost as it is absorbed by it. or like I like to say, "digested" by the constant flow of data.

Rploids with a strong enough willpower can survive and continue on living in cyberspace.

Zan and or Hyper can tell this stuff better than me.

Offline NintendoWarrior

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 07:22:36 AM
I've beaten all the X series games, when in X4 is Cyberspace mentioned? I'm drawing a blank.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 07:24:09 AM
Cyber Peacock's stage

Offline NintendoWarrior

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 07:25:14 AM
Ah yeah I forgot about his stage. Thanks.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 07:38:41 PM
I think that's basically it. Also, you can't forget about Mega Man Xtreme (Rockman X: Cyber Mission) or Xtreme 2 (Rockman X2: Soul Eraser). In Cyber Mission, the entire game technically takes place in Cyber Space. And that's where data of old bosses is stored (or something, been a while). I mentioned Soul Eraser because, if Reploid souls are data, then that explains why the souls were able to be erased.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 08:03:03 PM
And how come reploids still living can enter it?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 08:04:44 PM
They're still data. They upload their consciousness (which is data as well). This is my guess, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking that the way Reploid souls were erased is by uploading them and then deleting them. So they can be uploaded. Everything about a reploid is data. Remember, just because they have free will doesn't mean they aren't robots anymore.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 08:06:07 PM
Boy, Cyberspace is basically more or less of a sanctuary for "dead reploids" (See Phantom).

The ability to live in Cyberspace is unique to Phantom and Cyber Elves. A regular Repliroid soul has no existence outside of a body, it is simply becomes part of the data stream, like a Cyber Elf that runs out of energy and dies.

It's been used for troop transfer, quick shortcuts, and epic battles because of the such large space.

What ARE you talking about?

Its the same as the one from X4.

The opposite. It's completely different. ZERO4 emphasized the difference quite clearly. ZERO3's Cyberspace is the program world that encompasses all substance world phenomena in the form of a program. What you see in Xtreme, X4, X7, ZERO4 is instead a manmade program world, accessible through teleportation.

And that's where data of old bosses is stored (

This data is simply stored in the Mother Computer.

if Reploid souls are data

A Repliroid soul is a Repliroid's operational DNA program. It is synonymous to a personality program, to a Cyber Elf.

And how come reploids still living can enter it?

The ZERO3 Cyberspace is accessible thanks to the resonance between Omega and Dark Elf causing the appearance of those doors. The other Cyberspace is accessible by teleportation, as teleportation turns the user into data.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 08:08:16 PM
The soul is still a program though, right? And programs are data.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 09:00:48 PM
The soul is still a program though, right? And programs are data.

Yes. It's a program. But one shouldn't forget when it's alive, and when it's dead. As a Cyber Elf (living in cyberspace), it's a Program Life Object. But after death of a regular Repliroid, it become data that is no longer alive. That is why you can only find the likes of Phantom, X, Elpis and the Cyber Elves in Cyberspace. Regular Repliroids do not have the energy to live without their bodies. Note that Phantom is like a ghost, he described Cyberspace as the "interim" between life and death. In that state, as just a soul, he can be killed still, and then truly die. Regular Repliroids skip this interim of living as a ghost. (With exceptions of course, just as there are human ghosts.)

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 09:05:11 PM

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 09:23:21 PM
See Rouge's and Ceil's quota in Z4 good sir, she mentions it was used to transfer troops or something like that (which is also known as the teleporter circuit, it's STILL a part of cyberspace anyway).

Different Cyberspace. As explained in that same scene, it's like Cyberspace, but different. That is what we see in X4, X7, Xtreme, and also of course EXE. Teleportation turns the user into data and sends that data over a circuit, making a datastream from point A to point B. By then altering the teleportation program, superimposing visuals on the circuits, it becomes possible to move freely, allowing one to navigate that manmade program environment much akin to ZERO3's cyberspace.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 09:44:15 PM
That makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up, Zan.