Expanded Screen
Touch Screen QuickEquip
Retranslation
Blood
Respriting
3D Effects
Engine Optimization To Reduce Slowdown
Added Playable Characters
Cross-Game Interoporability(Weapons/Armor)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #325 on: June 14, 2010, 06:45:37 PM
I always thought Fefnirs "wings" were his guns, mounted on the back when not held in hand.

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #326 on: June 14, 2010, 09:10:15 PM
What I never understood is WHY they named his guns Sodom and Gomorrah. Do they even know what these are? XD

Offline MadManX

• Supporter of Everything Epic!
  • Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #327 on: June 14, 2010, 09:21:31 PM
If you've played through MMZ1 and got to his mission on A/S rank, he used a special attack where he launched fireballs in the sky and "rain" onto the ground. He summoned an extra gun out of thin air to do it, and it disappears once he's done. Combine it with the "Fafnir, the vengeful dragon" vibe they were going for, and you get the embodiment of fire.

So, that's where the Sodom and Gomorrah reference comes from (he's a Demoman, he levels bases after all 8D ), and those wings from his sprite probably came from a compromise between the 2 concept arts before the official one.

Though if they named him "Mass-Produced Tyrant 3000", I'd have no complaints. Just look at his "fists"! XD

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #328 on: June 14, 2010, 09:25:05 PM
Weeeell you seee, Sodom and Gomorrah's reference to his guns doesn't make much sense.
well maybe a liiiittle bit, with those raining fireballs and all..

Real smooth Capcom.

Offline MadManX

• Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #329 on: June 14, 2010, 09:44:19 PM
Reason #1: He levels bases, cities, pretty much anything that his "God" commands. And that "God" is Copy X.

Reason #2: He like to get personal with his grabs, and he suplexes you to the ground if given the chance.

But yeah, the more you analyze him, the less witty word puns work, and the more the name "Nemesis" would.
SERIOUSLY CAPCOM, CHANGE HIS NAME NAO!! :O

...would make sense why he and Leviathan don't have much use as plot devices. Besides, nobody would catch on to "fire and ice" dragons!  8D

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #330 on: June 14, 2010, 11:58:39 PM
Weeeell you seee, Sodom and Gomorrah's reference to his guns doesn't make much sense.
well maybe a liiiittle bit, with those raining fireballs and all..

Real smooth Capcom.

The Crimson Powerhouse/[Fighting] Battle General Fefnir /CV Kazuya Nakai
To use military force to combat Iregulars and Resistance members who escaped Neo Arcadia to the wastelands, they developed the "Scorched Earth Operation" in which extermination attacks were performed. A roller strategy involved carpet bombing, and deployment of an enormous ground force for total supremacy. These severe tactics strike terror into all Irregulars who witness it. If the fighting ahead isn't ceased immediately, they will never know another peaceful night's sleep. At the forefront of the Scorched Earth Operations, a single repliroid's form can always be made out. A grotesque silhouette with a giant launcher equipped on one arm. Rarely will he equip "that" on both arms, invoking the name of the treacherous cities which were burned to ruin. When he does come out with both arms roaring, cleansing fire will rain down from the heavens, burning hostile enemies to their final breath, as in those two cities. His singular purpose in existence being to reign over destruction and the engage in the pursuit of power.  In thinking of legendary "red" opponent his own "crimson" trembles. Only in the heat of that moment does the evil dragon grind his teeth.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #331 on: June 15, 2010, 01:27:32 AM
I always thought Fefnirs "wings" were his guns, mounted on the back when not held in hand.
Those of you equipped with MegaMan Zero Official Complete Works, please turn to page 43 and note the top right image.
:cookie:

Fefnir's sprites most likely show a fin because of his only using one gun when not activating one of his EX Skills, thus the counterpart remains mounted on his back.

If you're going to look for MMZ artwork inconsistencies, there are much easier places to start than Fefnir.  Such as Copy X's helmet.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline MadManX

• Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #332 on: June 15, 2010, 03:16:35 AM
Then see the previous video I posted, which doesn't bother showing the fin, even though he's using one gun during his fight with Omega during the cutscene shot of Fef, Levi, and Omega.

And yes, Copy X may have some "inconsistencies", but the transition between MMZ1 and 3 gave some time for an upgrade. Besides, it's hard to convey a head sprite to match all the curves of a helmet.

Fefnir, however, has no upgrades (except the armed phenomenon, which might work like a plug for the stubs on his back), and is basically a war machine. If he officially had those stubs, he's lucky Zero hasn't discovered the Z-Knuckle and use it for a grappling finisher. If Fefnir can summon a gun from thin air, what's to say he didn't teleport it in from his local troop camp off in the distance? Even though I don't have a copy of the Official Works, I'm sure it's the preferred model compared to the sprite, even if it might be a retcon if Inafune decides to make a Mega Man fighting game.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #333 on: June 15, 2010, 04:55:41 PM
If you're going to look for MMZ artwork inconsistencies, there are much easier places to start than Fefnir.  Such as Copy X's helmet.
FFFFFFFFFfffff-
THAT GODDAMN HELMET!

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #334 on: June 15, 2010, 11:43:27 PM
Those of you equipped with MegaMan Zero Official Complete Works, please turn to page 43 and note the top right image.
~w~

Offline Tenshi

• 天使の伝説
  • Robot Master
  • ミソラちゃん
    • View Profile
Reply #335 on: June 16, 2010, 02:03:52 AM

Fefnir's sprites most likely show a fin because of his only using one gun when not activating one of his EX Skills, thus the counterpart remains mounted on his back.

If you're going to look for MMZ artwork inconsistencies, there are much easier places to start than Fefnir.  Such as Copy X's helmet.
It does look like he has fins with his guns on his back.

Offline MadManX

• Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #336 on: June 16, 2010, 02:49:44 AM
Well, case decided, I just found the other set of concept work, and combined with his entirely different set of concept work shown here, along with the original sprite sheet...

However, there are two still there even with one gun out, which may still mean they might be decorative, or even hollow.

Of course, now I realise I'm just rambling. Unless he's gonna guest star with the other 3 guardians in MvC3, guess there's no point.

But Capcom would've really got a boost in my book if they gave just a small touchup. I mean, they had the power to add 1 sprite to Ciel, for Pete's sake...  o-O

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #337 on: June 16, 2010, 02:59:55 AM
Speaking of which, I just got the game today. I didn't really notice any new sprites added, especially to Ciel. (with the exceptions to spike pit blockers on easy mode.)

Now the sprites we are talking about is in the credits. Ciel DOES have extra running poses in the credits, but they're also much larger and more detailed sprites. Which probably means they were made for that purpose.

I kind of want to see other zero sprites with that kind of quality...

Offline Rock Bomb

• Worst Example of a
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #338 on: June 16, 2010, 03:15:36 AM
Speaking of which, I just got the game today. I didn't really notice any new sprites added, especially to Ciel. (with the exceptions to spike pit blockers on easy mode.)

Now the sprites we are talking about is in the credits. Ciel DOES have extra running poses in the credits, but they're also much larger and more detailed sprites. Which probably means they were made for that purpose.

I kind of want to see other zero sprites with that kind of quality...
Speaking of larger, higher quality sprites, you should finish that one sprite of you-know-who.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #339 on: June 16, 2010, 03:21:14 AM
I really don't...  >.>;;

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #340 on: June 16, 2010, 03:31:03 AM
However, there are two still there even with one gun out, which may still mean they might be decorative, or even hollow.
There could be fins for the guns to mount on?  *shrugs*

And yes, Copy X may have some "inconsistencies", but the transition between MMZ1 and 3 gave some time for an upgrade. Besides, it's hard to convey a head sprite to match all the curves of a helmet.
Sprites?  You're looking too hard.  Compare mugshots to cutscene art.  You can literally find inconsistencies within a single screenshot of MMZ3 without requiring any outside reference.

Also the inconsistent Z-Saber sprites for Z2 kinda go without saying.  In this case, they wouldn't even have to make new sprites, since the correction already exists for Z3 and Z4.  Some hit-box correction may be in order, though.

(with the exceptions to spike pit blockers on easy mode.)
That's actually not new.  Z1 had a cyber-elf which blocked all spikes in the game.  In later games this was toned down so that spikes remain but are simply made damaging rather than lethal.

Easy Scenario is literally Ultimate Mode in Z1, Z3, and Z4, plus a slight dialogue expansion in Z4 to explain the fact that Elf restrictions mean nothing.  The only game in which it may be considered "new" feature-wise would be Z2, due to Z2 having no true Ultimate Mode.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #341 on: June 16, 2010, 03:37:59 AM
That's actually not new.  Z1 had a cyber-elf which blocked all spikes in the game.  In later games this was toned down so that spikes remain but are simply made damaging rather than lethal.

Easy Scenario is literally Ultimate Mode in Z1, Z3, and Z4, plus a slight dialogue expansion in Z4 to explain the fact that Elf restrictions mean nothing.  The only game in which it may be considered "new" feature-wise would be Z2, due to Z2 having no true Ultimate Mode.

That makes sense. There was a lot of stuff I didn't know about when I started the game that I never found in the original. Like that rare cyber-elf that gave you sting chameleon invincibility. I liked it's description ^ワ^

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #342 on: June 16, 2010, 10:23:21 AM
The Crimson Powerhouse/[Fighting] Battle General Fefnir /CV Kazuya Nakai
To use military force to combat Iregulars and Resistance members who escaped Neo Arcadia to the wastelands, they developed the "Scorched Earth Operation" in which extermination attacks were performed. A roller strategy involved carpet bombing, and deployment of an enormous ground force for total supremacy. These severe tactics strike terror into all Irregulars who witness it. If the fighting ahead isn't ceased immediately, they will never know another peaceful night's sleep. At the forefront of the Scorched Earth Operations, a single repliroid's form can always be made out. A grotesque silhouette with a giant launcher equipped on one arm. Rarely will he equip "that" on both arms, invoking the name of the treacherous cities which were burned to ruin. When he does come out with both arms roaring, cleansing fire will rain down from the heavens, burning hostile enemies to their final breath, as in those two cities. His singular purpose in existence being to reign over destruction and the engage in the pursuit of power.  In thinking of legendary "red" opponent his own "crimson" trembles. Only in the heat of that moment does the evil dragon grind his teeth.

Ooh
ahahaha

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #343 on: June 16, 2010, 11:20:48 PM
Some alterations.
Some other notes I thought I'd add.

Z1's translation error of "Z-Buster" was removed.  The weapon now correctly reads as "Buster Shot" in all four games.

You know how in Z2 the remaining Guardians were given extra descriptors with their name? (Fairy Leviathan, Fighting Fefnir, Sage Harpuia)  Well, the ZC manual offers up "Hidden Phantom".

Curiously, despite touching up various odds and ends, they left in the mugshot error in Z3 before going to Area X-II.  You know, Zero talking to himself about where to strike to stop Neo Arcadia's advance (pretty obvious to me that was supposed to be Rouge).

Also, a nice touch, the in-game soft-reset differentiates between where you are.  During gameplay it returns you to that game's title screen, and during a specific game's title screen it returns you to the main ZC title screen.

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #344 on: June 17, 2010, 12:02:33 AM

Curiously, despite touching up various odds and ends, they left in the mugshot error in Z3 before going to Area X-II.  You know, Zero talking to himself about where to strike to stop Neo Arcadia's advance (pretty obvious to me that was supposed to be Rouge).
Ahahahahaha this is so dumb XD

Offline Elpis TK31

• I WANT IT NAO
  • Robot Master
  • BOOBLIGHTS OR GTFO
    • View Profile
Reply #345 on: June 17, 2010, 12:12:48 AM
They fixed the chain rod glitches in Z2 >.> oh and they messed up Elpis' sprite (when he looks down) making it look really wierd... other than that I'm liking this collection.

RMZX E/53'39 N/57'27 H/1:02'01
When life is boring, knife some cows in RE4, it's hilarious!

Offline Aile-chan

• Model Ω/LX
  • Cyberelf
  • エールΩX
    • View Profile
Reply #346 on: June 24, 2010, 08:52:54 AM
The ZERO Collection seems to feel a little more fluid than Z1-Z4 did before to me. Anyone notice that?

And, a question about Easy Scenario, are you able to unlock the minigames for Z3 and Z4 from there?

~ エールちゃん
SERVBOT #000597.5

Offline Tenshi

• 天使の伝説
  • Robot Master
  • ミソラちゃん
    • View Profile
Reply #347 on: June 24, 2010, 09:00:51 PM
The game does feel a little more fluent, indeed. I don't know if you unlock the minigames from it, but you do unlock a portion of the mod cards for Zero 3, from it.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #348 on: June 24, 2010, 09:35:13 PM
You unlock the Character Cards and the very last Wallpaper when you beat Easy Scenario.

You have to play the GBA games in the Select (Title Select) Mode to unlock the Mod Cards and Mini Games. ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #349 on: June 24, 2010, 11:33:59 PM
As Vix said.  Besides the Character Cards and one wallpaper (all others may be unlocked only in Title Select), what happens in Easy Scenario stays in Easy Scenario.  No minigames, no new game pluses, no in-title unlockables whatsoever.

It's still the only way you get an "Ultimate Mode" in Z2, though, unless the hackers come through with something.  Quite a pity that Easy Scenario allows only one save slot.