Expanded Screen
Touch Screen QuickEquip
Retranslation
Blood
Respriting
3D Effects
Engine Optimization To Reduce Slowdown
Added Playable Characters
Cross-Game Interoporability(Weapons/Armor)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #300 on: June 12, 2010, 02:26:40 AM
My bad. Maybe it's the Ultimate Form you start out with. It's the last one in the list.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #301 on: June 12, 2010, 02:40:53 AM
Again, my point.  If you start with the Ultimate Form in Z2's Easy Scenario, that makes it the only way to obtain the Ultimate Form without using all elves and flushing your rank down the toilet.

Well, I'll be at that point myself in a few minutes...

EDITS: Nice reverb in the Neo Arcadia theme, I must say.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #302 on: June 12, 2010, 02:42:41 AM
Oh, I see. Well... it's the most powerful form, it makes the game easier, right? So make it default, and bam! Easier game.

Again with max health and abilities, of course.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #303 on: June 12, 2010, 02:47:39 AM
Depends on what you're looking for.  Ultimate Form's main lure is the charge commands, but it does provide a nice balanced attack boost.  Other forms can outdo it depending on which weapon you have your eye on.

RPM has a guide detailing the stat gains of all forms, written up by yours truly.

EDITS: Confirmed now.  Yes, that is the Ultimate Form in Z2's intro stage, complete with max level weapons and all elves.  However, all OTHER Forms, you still have to earn.  ...which means that in Easy Scenario you cannot obtain the Proto Form. O:<  So close...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #304 on: June 12, 2010, 04:35:28 PM
You could always boot up a DS emulator and ramhack all the forms and stuff, then transfer it to your DS.

PS: Hypershell, your guide says the requirement for Rise Form is to kill 10 enemies with the Z-Sabre. No mention of with aerial attacks. Was I misinformed?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #305 on: June 12, 2010, 05:01:13 PM
So is Easy Scenario only easy because you start with the Ultimate something from that game or because they toned down everything too?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #306 on: June 12, 2010, 05:54:32 PM
I haven't seen anything toned down yet, and I'm just starting Z2.  Of course, the usual boss EX Skill mentality still applies; that is they will use it only if you maintain an A/S Rank.  But that's pretty easy to do when you don't have to worry about collecting crap or leveling up your weapons.

You could always boot up a DS emulator and ramhack all the forms and stuff, then transfer it to your DS.
The ol' early Model OX route?  Not a bad idea, but it would require playing on an emulator until actually unlocking the Ultimate Form.  And frankly, I loathe cyber-elf collection.

PS: Hypershell, your guide says the requirement for Rise Form is to kill 10 enemies with the Z-Sabre. No mention of with aerial attacks. Was I misinformed?
I didn't do the unlock requirements, but I'm pretty sure that yes, you do have to be using aerial attacks.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #307 on: June 12, 2010, 06:26:28 PM
I haven't seen anything toned down yet, and I'm just starting Z2.  Of course, the usual boss EX Skill mentality still applies; that is they will use it only if you maintain an A/S Rank.  But that's pretty easy to do when you don't have to worry about collecting crap or leveling up your weapons.
The ol' early Model OX route?  Not a bad idea, but it would require playing on an emulator until actually unlocking the Ultimate Form.  And frankly, I loathe cyber-elf collection.
I didn't do the unlock requirements, but I'm pretty sure that yes, you do have to be using aerial attacks.

You can ramhack the elves or even the Ultimate Form itself.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #308 on: June 12, 2010, 06:32:23 PM
You missed my point.  Can you tell me what memory values will unlock them?  Because otherwise the only way to find them is to play the game until such point as unlocking them normally and tracking which values changed.

Sure, someone actually versed in programming might be able to look at a save file, decipher its format, and lift all the unlock flags (as was done with MMAC), but that's well beyond my ability.  I have only the most rudimentary knowledge of how to work a hex editor and whatever tools are floating around the internets to assist.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #309 on: June 12, 2010, 06:42:20 PM
Once you unlock one form, the others in the list should be immediatly adjacent in either 2-byte values of 0 and 1 or in a single 2-byte address as binary. same with elves and ex skills. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if it is all bundled together in a few 2-byte slots as binary.
Also, hex editors are for rom and file hacking. I'm talking ram, which is rarely encrypted and is usually very orderly. Only after you have the results you want in the ram would you make a savstate or battery save and transfer that. If I had the means right now, I probably would have done it already. I can try to ask my bro, but he's not too good at ramhacking.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #310 on: June 12, 2010, 07:07:34 PM
Apologies for the hex editor mixup, it's been a LONG time since my Model OX AR code.  So long in fact that I don't even remember whether or not I kept the tools for it.  And I haven't done battery save hacking before.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #311 on: June 12, 2010, 11:06:59 PM
"Start out as weak as normal"?  I think you're missing my point, which is, playing Z2 in any other mode (sans Hard Mode due to restrictions), Z2 bosses will get weaker if you obtain all forms, due to the Ultimate Form requiring that you slaughter your rank.
If you are interrested I have found codes for the GBA Z2, which keeps your Cyber Elf Usage by 0. No Penalities at all, but I guess you want codes for the NDS Z2? I'm afraid, I haven't these codes.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #313 on: June 13, 2010, 12:09:00 AM
Some alterations.

In all four games, Ceil has been given one extra frame of running animation.

Credits theme for Zero 4 is the lyrical version that was removed from the original release of Mega Man Zero 4.

All blatant references to death and/or dying within dialogue have been edited. For instance:
        Harpuia says "finish me" instead of "just kill me."
        Elpizo says "time to meet your end" instead of "time to die."
        When Zero falls unconscious in Zero 2, Harpuia's line has been changed to "To live or perish?" instead of the original line, "To live or die?"

Zero 2's two player mode has been removed entirely.

BGM and sound effects have seen a major boost in quality thanks to DS hardware. In some cases, whole sound effects have been replaced with newer effects such as the warning sirens during transfer sequences.

Alouette has new dialogue in Easy Scenario Mode; she makes reference to how in Zero 4, players' ranks won't be affected by Cyber Elf use.

A typo in Zero 2 was fixed. Originally the word "DEFEND" in the description for the Ultimate Form read "DEFEMD."

The "layering" effects during Zero 3's introductory cutscene has been cleaned up a bit; sprites appear a tad smoother.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #314 on: June 13, 2010, 12:23:59 AM
Speaking of perish. It would have been great if every instance of death in the text was a different word that means death, but wasn't in the ESRB's list of bad words.

Offline Tenshi

• 天使の伝説
  • Robot Master
  • ミソラちゃん
    • View Profile
Reply #315 on: June 13, 2010, 02:32:09 AM
The only change I wish was in the game was an upscaled image to fit the in the DS screen. It feels like I'm just playing one of my GBA carts on my DS. D:< Oh, and remixed tunes wouldn't have hurt, either.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #316 on: June 13, 2010, 02:54:11 AM
I thought it was odd when Harpuia said "Finish me", but I wasn't sure if my mind was rewriting the game script or what.  I guess CoA was REALLY paranoid about the ESRB denying them that E rating.

And vocal Z4 ending, who'd have thought?

http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/nds/(nds)-mega-man-zero-collection-(u)

Enjoy
Guess that'll have to do.  Too bad NitroHax doesn't work on a DSi, but I can momentarily steal Mrs. Shell's Lite for the save files at least.  Thanks a million.

Offline Tenshi

• 天使の伝説
  • Robot Master
  • ミソラちゃん
    • View Profile
Reply #317 on: June 13, 2010, 04:01:44 AM
I thought it was odd when Harpuia said "Finish me", but I wasn't sure if my mind was rewriting the game script or what.  I guess CoA was REALLY paranoid about the ESRB denying them that E rating.

And vocal Z4 ending, who'd have thought?
Guess that'll have to do.  Too bad NitroHax doesn't work on a DSi, but I can momentarily steal Mrs. Shell's Lite for the save files at least.  Thanks a million.
What I don't like is the fact that changed it, when they said they wanted to keep it just like the original games. There was nothing wrong with it, in the first place. Oh well. I guess it's only minor, anyway. The vocals for the Zero 4 ending is a decent touch.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #318 on: June 13, 2010, 04:59:30 AM
Eh, "to live or perish" sounds better than "to live or die" to me. Would keeping the word die really give them an auto E10? That's...kinda stupid.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #319 on: June 13, 2010, 07:43:04 AM
Doesn't matter to me as long as I'm kicking butt with Zero! 8)

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline MadManX

• Supporter of Everything Epic!
  • Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #320 on: June 13, 2010, 06:53:47 PM
Speaking of inconsistencies, does Fefnir's concept art match his spritework now? I swear to god, those wing stubs drive me nuts...

I GET IT, CAPCOM. He's based off of a dragon. Now will you keep the frikkin' motif or just make him into a futuristic Tyrant from Resident Evil?  B(

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #321 on: June 14, 2010, 03:31:23 AM
Speaking of inconsistencies, does Fefnir's concept art match his spritework now? I swear to god, those wing stubs drive me nuts...

I GET IT, CAPCOM. He's based off of a dragon. Now will you keep the frikkin' motif or just make him into a futuristic Tyrant from Resident Evil?  B(
what

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline MadManX

• Supporter of Everything Epic!
  • Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #322 on: June 14, 2010, 03:57:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSqWRkmOlZw&feature=related - Megaman Zero 3, the intro stage. Watch when Zero enters the boss room.

See those studs when Fefnir is kneeling? Those "wings"? Now, when artwork pops up in the same scene, the wings aren't there, replaced by 2 vents instead. Also, if you look at his spritework for his gun, compared to official artwork...

His hand is underneath his gun, rather than sandwiched between them. You'd think Capcom would've noticed.  :\

Offline Chainsaw Guitar

• #1 Pulseman fan!
  • Robot Master
  • ^ GameFreak's true Magnum Opus right here. >:O
    • View Profile
Reply #323 on: June 14, 2010, 04:03:22 AM
Sand Triangle still sounds terribly mediocre when arranged. Why is it so hard for them to get the instrumentation for this song right?!
Regardless, the rest of the Mythos soundtrack is awesome. I'm so glad they included Area Zero. That was my one of my favorites in Zero 1.

Offline Tenshi

• 天使の伝説
  • Robot Master
  • ミソラちゃん
    • View Profile
Reply #324 on: June 14, 2010, 05:01:46 AM
My favorite theme in Mythos is definitely Departure. Just when I thought the Idea Version was good, Mythos came in and made it that much better.