Capcom-Unity Hosts Mega Man 10 Fanart Contest

Rock Miyabi · 28629

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 02:00:19 AM
Ah geez, the competition is getting tighter. XD I don't think I stand much of a chance anymore, there are so many that are so well done.

Posted on: January 29, 2010, 04:18:19 PM
IF YOU VOTE FOR MY SHEEP MAN I'LL DRAW SOME NAUGHTY PICTURES, VERY VERY NAUGHTY STUFF.

Offline neogalahad

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 02:45:47 AM
I know what you mean man. This is getting tough! That one from Darksoul was really nice or that one from P-RO was creative.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #27 on: January 30, 2010, 02:53:17 AM
I feel like it really shows that I rushed my piece a lot. (I did only get around to it the day before the deadline, after all)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 03:52:31 AM
Welp. That's a lot of entries... @_@
Either way, vote submitted.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 02:00:03 AM
Two weeks down, two weeks Rad and I fail miserably.  >w<
HZ won Sheep Week for his "Sheep in Wolf's Clothing" pic. Well deserved.

As expected, this week is STRIKE MAN. They keep pushing the deadline time back a little bit, so now it's at 11 AM PST this Friday.

While I have lots of ideas for this one, mine will most likely involved Strike spending a day at the ballpark with his "daddy." 8D

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 02:02:10 AM
So I don't know anything about Baseball, but can I get confirmation on Yankees = Good and Mets = Bad? I don't wanna mess up or anything. XD

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 02:02:16 AM
I think the quality is getting higher and higher.  :O

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 02:13:19 AM
So I don't know anything about Baseball, but can I get confirmation on Yankees = Good and Mets = Bad? I don't wanna mess up or anything. XD
Depends on the year. The Mets were once Amazin' and Miraculous, after all.  XD

Last year, injuries hurt the Mets more than anything. They have an ace starter and closer, and All-Stars on the left side of the field. Which isn't bad. Otherwise, they are mediocre. They should be an above .500 team, but last year finished 70-92, fourth in their division.

Meanwhile, the Yankees won more games than anyone, won the World Series, and can buy your life...if the Steinbrenner's felt like it. They are getting old, though, and have done nothing impressive this offseason. In fact, they lost a few pieces. They'll still be good this year, but not as much as last.

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 02:19:28 AM
Okay, so Yankee's = Good, and what team should I use for the Sucking badly?
I don't wanna ruin the surprise of what I've got in mind, but I just need a team logo for the sucking badly.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 02:26:18 AM
Perennial failures in the major leagues (at least within the past two decades) always are the Pittsburgh Pirates (said first because you can use Pirate Man!), Washington Nationals, Kansas City Royals, and Cincinnati Reds. The Baltimore Orioles haven't really been good since like 1999. That's a good start.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 02:31:54 AM
I like the Pirate Man idea, I've never drawn Pirate Man either.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 05:13:49 AM
Yankees = Good and Mets = Bad?

Don't let Inafune hear you say that! (hes a big Mets fan)

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 05:36:06 AM
Don't let Inafune hear you say that! (hes a big Mets fan)

That poor man...

The Mets have honestly done nothing this offseason except bring shame and misery to their fan base, with their pick-ups, their lack of pick-ups, and the absolute debacle that IS their medical staff.  They have an awful GM, a joke of a manager, pretty terrible ownership and odds are they'll be fighting the Nationals for 5th place this year in the NL East division this year.

Meanwhile, the Yankees won more games than anyone, won the World Series, and can buy your life...if the Steinbrenner's felt like it. They are getting old, though, and have done nothing impressive this offseason. In fact, they lost a few pieces. They'll still be good this year, but not as much as last.

I disagree here, Miyabi-san.  The Yankees are looking very good for the upcoming 2010 season.  They gained a really good CF in Granderson, a 4th starter in Vasquez, and the Yankees biggest problem right now is essentially wondering who is going to be their 5th starter, which is a problem that I guarantee almost every team in the Majors wish they had.  Granted, they lost Melky (I'll miss Melky, but it was a good trade), Matsui (I'll miss him too, but he wanted to play the outfield and that just wasn't going to fly), and Damon.  Well, they haven't officially lost Damon, but odds are they aren't resigning him.  I'm not too upset about Damon though.  Granted, he's a great hitter and a really nice guy to have around, but he has little to no range in the outfield, no arm, and he's getting old.  I have faith in Gardner, and I think he'll develop well. 

Oh, and here's hoping Mauer signs with the Twins, Miyabi.  He's a fantastic player and the Twins fans deserve a class-act like him.  Nothing but admiration for the man.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 05:45:57 AM
THE CUBS WILL WIN THIS YEAR, DAMN IT!

YEEEEAAAAH!!

(sits back down quietly.)

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 05:51:16 AM
What have I started?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 05:52:41 AM
THE CUBS WILL WIN THIS YEAR, DAMN IT!

YEEEEAAAAH!!

(sits back down quietly.)

There there, STM.  There there....

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 07:13:04 AM
Vazquez did have a good year for a bad team last year, easily his best year ever. But even with a team that'll score him more runs, he's gonna give up a lot of homers in that park. And if you look at his years in the AL...well, he'll probably be back to giving up 4-5 runs a game. CC will eventually eat too many burgers that he'll be back to his poor control rather than being Cy material. And I'm honestly surprised Pettite has much left in his tank. Burnett is always shaky, and other than Rivera, what do they really have for a bullpen? If their pitching doesn't hold up, I think they're in for a poorer year. Sure, Granderson has had more power as he's progressed, but he strikes out a ton and his average has just plummeted from a few years ago. He is a good replacement for Damon, but I've never been a fan. (Course, I have Tiger/Chi Sox hatred in me, so there is some bias. XD)

The Mets at least got Jason Bay, to hurt the Red Sox a little bit...

Mauer's gonna need all that money now that one of his brothers bought a Chevy dealership! 8D I dunno why, but that was paired with all the Mauer talk today on the news. Just as long as we can still afford other players in the future, I'm glad the deal is just about done. Nothing like having two former MVPs locked up on your team for years to come. I'm really excited for this year to start now, on top of opening a gorgeous new outdoor ballpark.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 07:22:24 AM
Vazquez did have a good year for a bad team last year, easily his best year ever. But even with a team that'll score him more runs, he's gonna give up a lot of homers in that park. And if you look at his years in the AL...well, he'll probably be back to giving up 4-5 runs a game. CC will eventually eat too many burgers that he'll be back to his poor control rather than being Cy material. And I'm honestly surprised Pettite has much left in his tank. Burnett is always shaky, and other than Rivera, what do they really have for a bullpen? If their pitching doesn't hold up, I think they're in for a poorer year.

Well that's why Vazquez is a #4 starter.  But Vasquez didn't do that badly for the Yankees, except for that one game in the year of utter shame.  LoL, CC pitched great last year and I think he'll do just as fine this year.  Yeah Burnett is shaky, but he can still pitch a hell of a game.  Pettitte is Pettitte, and hopefully he has enough left (besides he's Andy, a pitcher I grew up with who's awesome XD).  As for their bullpen, it's actually very good.  Joba or Hughes will be in the bullpen for the 7th & 8th.  I'd prefer both in the bullpen and make Chad Gaudin the 5th starter, but that's me and I know it's not going to happen most likely.  Marte showed me that when he's healthy, he's a very good pitcher.  Aceves shows length and that he can go the distance, as does Chad if he remains in the bullpen as well. 

Sure, Granderson has had more power as he's progressed, but he strikes out a ton and his average has just plummeted from a few years ago. He is a good replacement for Damon, but I've never been a fan. (Course, I have Tiger/Chi Sox hatred in me, so there is some bias. XD)

I think he'll do very well at Yankee Stadium, personally.  We'll see though.

The Mets at least got Jason Bay, to hurt the Red Sox a little bit...

Yeah, that's about all the Mets got, and with all that's come out with the whole J.J. Putz thing today, who knows what lies in store for Bay.

Mauer's gonna need all that money now that one of his brothers bought a Chevy dealership! 8D I dunno why, but that was paired with all the Mauer talk today on the news. Just as long as we can still afford other players in the future, I'm glad the deal is just about done. Nothing like having two former MVPs locked up on your team for years to come. I'm really excited for this year to start now, on top of opening a gorgeous new outdoor ballpark.

But......isn't Target Field going to be SUPER cold in April?   8D

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #43 on: February 06, 2010, 12:20:44 AM
Voting for this week started, and I gave my vote to Miyabi.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #44 on: February 09, 2010, 01:48:41 AM
And thanks for that vote, Rad. 16th out of 45 ain't bad. Last week's winner was obviously Creepo's in a landslide. Well deserved, but it's kinda sad when first place gets 891 votes and second place got 57. Because of that, again, it seemed like 3-10 was a random crapshoot of entries, because everyone had such similar vote numbers.

As expected, this week is Pump Man. I admit, it's gonna be hard to get great ideas for this guy. Even though I realize sheer talent wins these contests more than humor ever will. My entry is already inked, but I seriously hate his arms. -u-'

Now to wait and see if Sub or Rad tempt disqualification by drawing breast pump man or penile enlargement pump man...I seriously dare you to submit it. 8D

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #45 on: February 09, 2010, 01:51:51 AM
I think we'd get more than disqualified for something like that. XD

I'm having problems coming up with something for this guy though, here I thought cylinders would be easy to draw, but they're not...

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: February 09, 2010, 02:04:23 AM
What a landslide that was. I thought the animation one would gather more vote. (I guess people are just lazy to open a video)  8D

Pumpman is "too easy" I tell you!

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: February 09, 2010, 03:33:36 AM
Send that pic of yours, borock! 8D

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Copy X

• B-Class Hunter
  • RPM's Forgotten Warrior.
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: February 10, 2010, 01:00:21 PM
Capcom Unity has their home page updated. Guess who is on the list for special recognition?

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/2010/02/08/capcom_community_team_presents:_our_favorite_strike_man_and_commando_man_submissions_

To go back to the glory days of drawing..

To try something new, is to explore your true potential.

-CX

Offline Rock Miyabi

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #49 on: February 15, 2010, 11:39:26 PM
Pump Man week is over, and the winner was David in a much closer battle. Congrats to Rad for placing 6th and finally getting some recognition. Again, I'm honestly surprised at certain entries that didn't make the top 10, but that's the fun of this whole contest.

The clue last week was incredibly simple again, and we now turn our attention to Nitro Man. I'm expecting my idea to also be done in some form by 75% of the entrants (Don't worry, I'll forgo the American Gladiator idea 8D). But hopefully it'll be original enough.