Police Girl · 39548

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #75 on: January 01, 2012, 09:04:53 PM
I have absolutely nothing against two glorious movies instead of "one". It just means more waiting, and I'm rather impatient. In fact, it's only a good thing. Maybe we'll see some characters' backstory & development *looks at Mari*
Anyway, great news!

Posted on: 31 December 2011, 21:26:53
Service, service!

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #76 on: January 02, 2012, 03:51:38 AM
Her mech was devoured by mass produced evas (which was mentally linked to her, BTW).. how was Asuka even able to survive that in the first place? Resurrection from Limbo? But now she's twice the pissy as ever.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: January 02, 2012, 06:27:57 AM
I have absolutely nothing against two glorious movies instead of "one". It just means more waiting, and I'm rather impatient. In fact, it's only a good thing. Maybe we'll see some characters' backstory & development *looks at Mari*
Anyway, great news!

Posted on: 31 December 2011, 21:26:53
Service, service!

o~O

Is that Asuka's new redesigned plugsuit or is that fanart?

Also, The helmet makes her look like a kitty.  <3

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #78 on: January 02, 2012, 04:02:18 PM
Gaia, Eva Series was in EoE, not in 2.0

It seems it's a helmet for her adventures in space. But why use a helmet? She's perfectly safe in the Plug. She doesn't even breathe air. Oh whatever, who cares for a reason for the Space Pirate Asuka's cat helmet :D
As for the source, it's straight from Studio Khara.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: January 11, 2012, 06:25:08 AM
So...
Considering I didn't enjoy original Evangelion, and did not even bother with its original movie...
Do any of you guys think I should start watching these new movies? I [tornado fang]ing love the soundtracks from them, so I'm a bit interesed in picking them up but:

Since I didn't finish the original series (I gave up a bit more than half-way), and I can't even remember what the [tornado fang] happened exactly in those episodes, should I actually bother with these new movies?

I'm willing to pick those movies up, also because I want to see if I can actually enjoy Evangelion or not. Because honestly after those few years, my hate for it has died down.

That and...
[spoiler] eyepatch Asuka is my fetish[/spoiler]

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: January 11, 2012, 06:38:55 AM
Yes, watch the new movies.

1.11 is a great update to Episodes 1-6 with minor adjustments, and it looks [tornado fang]ing beautiful.

2.22 takes episodes 8-19 (Jet Alone is skipped because lolfiller) and puts a completely new spin on them, the battles are fluid, beautiful, and enjoyable, the psychological LOLDEEP is pretty much removed, and you are treated to a wonderful [tornado fang]ing cliffhanger.

3.0 is (I assume) going to be 20-23, we don't know much of course but it's going to be out in the Fall, with a Home release probably in the Winter or early spring of 2013, as it was with 2.22.

Nobody knows anything on final, it says 2013 but with how this series has been I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being 2015 or later.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: January 11, 2012, 03:25:37 PM
To put things simply, the rebuild movies are a reboot of the original TV series.

No prior knowledge of the TV series is required, the mindfuck is just about the same.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #82 on: January 11, 2012, 07:09:47 PM
I think you should watch the series and EoE anyway. Then, when you'll see what got changed (and how), it'll make Rebuild far more enjoyable.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #83 on: January 12, 2012, 02:39:32 AM
Gaia, Eva Series was in EoE, not in 2.0

Yeah, but I need to see 2.0 as Asuka herself maybe a potential plothole as to how she managed to survive being mercelessly eaten alive... I've seen the series, but not the films. Oh lawd, this might need to be fixed or something when the film is released.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #84 on: January 12, 2012, 04:15:05 AM
Yeah, for now that is a real mystery. But don't forget that they do have the technology to clone bodies, grow back limbs, and summon souls 8D And it's Asuka we're talking about. SPACE PIRATE NEKOMIMI ASUKA.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: January 12, 2012, 04:23:32 AM
Since I didn't finish the original series (I gave up a bit more than half-way), and I can't even remember what the [tornado fang] happened exactly in those episodes, should I actually bother with these new movies?

I'm willing to pick those movies up, also because I want to see if I can actually enjoy Evangelion or not. Because honestly after those few years, my hate for it has died down.

ABSOLUTELY.

The movies improved so much from the dog [parasitic bomb] that was NGE. 1.11 and 2.22 were phenomenal "make overs" of the series, and altered certain events. As RMZX said, they are very fluid and beautiful. Actually, I can't really think of an anime on the top of my head that is superior from a visual standpoint (barring Kara no Kyoukai). Shinji isn't as annoying either, in my opinion.

Here is a quick example of one of the fantastic action sequences:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0PFuz5tJQ8&feature=related[/youtube]

And a word of warning, do not watch the related videos on the page, it mostly consists of HEAVY spoilers. It's best to experience the rest of the fighting scenes when you go through the movies naturally.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #86 on: January 12, 2012, 04:49:29 AM
Video relaited: The regular people are gonna have a very rotten day, property damage ahoy~

But yeah, a visual improvement from what I can see. Including the fight against one of the earlier Angels, I can tell.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: January 18, 2012, 08:34:47 AM
Man I love that Sahaquiel fight<3

Offline Obdulio

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: February 28, 2012, 05:36:43 AM
So...
Considering I didn't enjoy original Evangelion, and did not even bother with its original movie...
Do any of you guys think I should start watching these new movies? I [tornado fang]ing love the soundtracks from them, so I'm a bit interesed in picking them up but:

That and...
[spoiler] eyepatch Asuka is my fetish[/spoiler]

I enjoyed the original Eva however i love theses reboots such a major improvement over everyone. Shinji is more respectable especially in the 2nd, Rei actually has emotion [ subtle but there ] before it felt like she was just a doll for most of the time.

However i agree with Karai  watch the original series and movies first to get the full enjoyment,  when the new films begin to take a new turn you'll be in a "oh [parasitic bomb]!" mood wondering now that this happened instead whats going to happen now? 

Also theres a theory floating around that this might not just be a simple reboot but a continuation of sorts there are somethings that carried over from the previous films and it makes it seem like they're stuck in some kind of cycle. If the the theory is true this "cycle" might be the last one since its such a big departure from the others and hopefully the story will come to a proper close.

Anyway ,  definitely give the watch the og series and films.   Best example i can give is Star Trek, with the reboot you feel the impact of the changes a lot more if you at least saw the first few movies of the original.

Archer

Reply #89 on: June 30, 2012, 02:44:27 AM
Gundam-Sized Rei Planned Near New Evangelion Store in Tokyo

The official Evangelion website announced on Friday that an 18.5-meter (60-foot) long figure of the Neon Genesis Evangelion character Rei Ayanami will be built outside of the NTV Tower in the Shiodome area of Tokyo as part of the "Shiohaku Expo 2012" summer amusement event. The figure will feature a slide that attendees can slide down during the event.

By comparison, the life-size Gundam currently standing in front of the Gundam Front Tokyo at Diver City Tokyo stands at 18 meters (59 feet) tall.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #90 on: July 01, 2012, 05:34:15 PM
The next (last?) volume of Sadamoto manga will be released simultaneously everywhere in the world on November 2nd 2012, Poland included! :D

And now...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7J458uvHSk[/youtube]

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: October 15, 2012, 09:53:47 PM
So, November 17th.
Guess that means we can put a tentative release for the Domestic Release in wonderful 2014.
Then Final will finally come out in 2015, with its US date after Third Impact.

Posted on: July 01, 2012, 07:52:02 PM
Another trailer for 3.0 is coming out in two days.

One more month till the movie, a few days after we'll have the camrip and will be able to watch this.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #92 on: October 15, 2012, 11:30:54 PM
Nope, no camrips for me. I waited 3 years, I'll wait 3 months too. And then I'll have a marathon of all 3 movies at once, in glorious 1080p.

btw, the official site has a nice picture of a piano. I think it's safe to assume it'll have lots of classical masterpieces playing in the background. Or one, but really long.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #93 on: November 01, 2012, 11:06:46 PM
New trailer!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f6QJ3SryEA[/youtube]
New girl.
New Eva?

Archer

Reply #94 on: November 01, 2012, 11:13:37 PM
2deep4me

tl note: deep means [parasitic bomb]

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: November 02, 2012, 04:30:34 AM
That music sounds like WarCraft 2

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: November 02, 2012, 05:10:12 AM
That music sounds like WarCraft 2
No, it just sounds like Shiro Sagisu.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: November 02, 2012, 05:22:09 AM
What's with the space vagina at :48?

No, it just sounds like Shiro Sagisu.
No seriously
[youtube]v_f8UFv_Ytc[/youtube]

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: November 02, 2012, 05:56:04 AM
What's with the space vagina at :48?

This guy.
He doesn't understand Evangelion, it seems.

Archer

Reply #99 on: November 02, 2012, 05:58:43 AM
This guy.
He doesn't understand Evangelion, it seems.

2deep4him

tl note: deep means [parasitic bomb]