Neon Genesis Evangelion/Rebuild of Evangelion *SPOILERS*

Police Girl · 39303

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: October 03, 2013, 03:16:52 AM
It's going to be shown at the NYCC on Friday.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: October 03, 2013, 03:20:51 AM
Dude, the last post was almost a YEAR ago.

And going by the last few releases we'll be getting a US release of 3.33 sometime in 2014.

I know, but I dont think starting another topic is needed, dont need multiple topics of the same thing for a series thats still on going.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: October 03, 2013, 03:49:41 AM
It's going to be shown at the NYCC on Friday.

Dubbed? I haven't really been following the news or anything after word broke that it was like fantastically terrible.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: October 03, 2013, 03:52:06 AM
Yeah. Dubbed.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: October 03, 2013, 06:33:42 AM
I would like to see that, but the Tales series panel runs the same time and my friends are hardcore fans of that. And there'll always be the DVD.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: October 03, 2013, 06:36:31 AM
Should I watch this series? D<

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: October 03, 2013, 06:42:43 AM

Yes.

Watch the entire thing, don't forget to watch the Director's Cuts of 21-24 so the plot seamlessly goes into EoE.

Then watch Rebuild.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: October 03, 2013, 06:45:22 AM

Oh, you would love it! Lots of mindfuck.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: October 03, 2013, 07:16:05 AM
I would like to see that, but the Tales series panel runs the same time and my friends are hardcore fans of that. And there'll always be the DVD.

My friends are probably going to see Eva. I'm not sure if I am yet.

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: October 03, 2013, 09:27:32 AM

Absolutely! LIKE, ABSO-MIND-LUTE-[tornado fang]ing-LY!

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: October 22, 2013, 06:49:43 PM
Well, went to EvaGeeks and someone found this.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: November 23, 2013, 08:11:23 PM
It'll be out at February 18 to be specific http://www.amazon.ca/Evangelion-3-33-Movie-Blu-ray/dp/B00GS1DM2S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385233831&sr=8-1&keywords=Evangelion+3.33

and in theatres for one day (I think) at January.  No dates yet though >:

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: December 19, 2013, 02:00:50 AM
It has been announced today, that due to the overwhelming theatrical demand for Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo, the release date for the Blu-ray and DVD, Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo, has been delayed to a TBD date in 2014.

Once a new release date has been decided we will announce this information on our website http://www.funimation.com/. Evangelion: 3.0 hits theaters beginning January 10, 2014. To look for a theater in your area please refer to: http://www.elevenarts.net/evangelion3.theater.html

[tornado fang] you, Funimation. Overwhelming theatrical Demand? You mean how it'll play in like 17 states in like 1 city in states not called California, New York, Texas, or Hawaii for one [tornado fang]ing day?

Yeah, totally needed to delay the BD release for the rest of the country for that. Great [tornado fang]ing plan.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: December 01, 2014, 10:04:37 PM
Wow, a little less than a year since this was last posted in.

Anyway, news.
Khara is releasing the original Anime and the original movies next summer on DVD and Blu-Ray, Just in time for the show to no longer take place in the future!

The sets also Differ, the Blu-ray will be the Renewal version of the series (Along with the directors cut episodes), along with the original version of Death and Rebirth (The version normally released on Video is Death(true)2) and End of Eva, alongside the complete Revival edition of both movies (which is Death(true)2 with EoE replacing Rebirth.)

The DVD box will be the broadcast version of the series and will also include Death(true), which was originally shown on TV way back when in Japan.

So basically, its precedent for a new US release once somebody gets their hands on it.

Oh, and no 3.33 here yet. Of course. Here's Funimation's official comment on the matter.
We are working directly with the Japanese studio and the original creator on the upcoming Evangelion 3.33 home video release. This is a unique opportunity that presented itself to us, and since the plot for Evangelion 3.33 is so different from previous story lines, we are thrilled that the creator has asked to be so heavily involved in this project. Studio Khara has even decided that they would like to create their own special subtitle tracks for the release! We thank you for your continued patience as we work to confirm a release date. Please keep an eye on our social channels and our website for more updates!

Basically, they're trying to spin it as a "Unique opportunity" when its basically just "Khara didn't like how we dubbed it, so they're going to involve themselves in this because chances are if we released what we have as is they'd revoke the license."