Horrible shows...

Sapphire Knight · 17437

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: January 20, 2010, 10:04:57 PM
I forogt to say, French shows are all remakes of American shows.
 Their Jerry Springer show is hilarious.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: January 20, 2010, 10:06:34 PM
What's it called?

Jerome Springér?

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: January 20, 2010, 10:09:46 PM
hhahahahaha it would have been even more ridiculous like that.
No it's called "ça va se savoir" ("it will be known" literally).

It's like, in the American show you've got people shouting, insulting and beating each other and stuff, and in the French version, they're just remaining sitting with their rafined accent saying stuff like "oh how could you? Sleeping with my husband, it's dégueulasse"
hahahahahaha

Dumbasses.

They even copied the Japanese human tetris show. And then they say stuff like, "nah we French are original people"

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: January 20, 2010, 10:11:09 PM
Ugly Betty. That show is terrible. its a remake of a latin american show (of basically the same title- in spanish) but has no charm to it at all. The original show was something new, and somewhat innovative. And it actually progressed as time went on, until "Ugly" Betty wasnt ugly anymore and got a makeover. 9then it became a different show based around the company she worked for, and that didnt last long.)

And all of a sudden, WHOAHEY UGLY BETTY.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: January 20, 2010, 10:11:47 PM
I forogt to say, French shows are all remakes of American shows.
That reminds me of an American remake of a British show I quite dislike; The Office. I honestly find it isn't funny at all.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: January 20, 2010, 10:14:10 PM
That reminds me of an American remake of a British show I quite dislike; The Office. I honestly find it isn't funny at all.
It tries so hard, that it becomes stupid.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #56 on: January 20, 2010, 10:15:48 PM

Reminds me of that Cartoon Network remake of George of the Jungle, yeah. a movie that was remade into a series.  X(

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: January 20, 2010, 10:49:57 PM
There was NO Time Force movie. There was only MMPR movie and TURBO movie. The first one was good because IVAN [tornado fang]ing OOZE! The second was pretty meh and boring.

Time Force in itself was [tornado fang]ing great. I loved it. Even more so Sentai Timeranger. Dino Thunder was good too.

Also, the season after that shitty Turbo one, "Power Rangers in Space" was [tornado fang]ing awesome. Since it had first real development in the story, characters and it had some darker elements(like those flashback scenes where Darkonda kidnapped red rangers lil' sis. Or that Astronema, main villain, turned out to be her.)

Rest however, can BURN. BURRRN!

Oh right, it was Turbo. I wasn't exactly sure. My mistake.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #58 on: January 20, 2010, 11:01:41 PM
Ugly Betty. That show is terrible. its a remake of a latin american show (of basically the same title- in spanish) but has no charm to it at all. The original show was something new, and somewhat innovative. And it actually progressed as time went on, until "Ugly" Betty wasnt ugly anymore and got a makeover. 9then it became a different show based around the company she worked for, and that didnt last long.)

We had 4 versions of it here. Latin, american, german, and polish too. On every channel, 5 eps a day.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: January 20, 2010, 11:03:16 PM

Czech Republik has their own cheapper version... Just like Poland has their own The Nanny ( Do you know how refreshing it is to see a show in Poland TV in whcich the characters have more than one voice!)
Oh yeah, a rich pair had in Slovakia  their own shows (they had 3!) which all sucked but yet everyone watched them!

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: January 20, 2010, 11:05:21 PM
The sitcoms on the Disney Channel and TEENick (iCarly, That's So Raven). They are failed attempts by said channels to create a true sitcom, I don't know how anybody enjoys that [parasitic bomb]. 'Nuff said.

Also, Secret Millionaire on FOX. Just GIVE the money to the poor. ::) I'm glad it got cancelled.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #61 on: January 20, 2010, 11:12:26 PM
To quote Peter Griffin: "Who is running Fox, monkeys?"

Also CSI (All of them), when I am just about to get a shut-eye and reach for the remote and then... "YYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!".

Which brings me to loud openings, not fun.  X(

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: January 20, 2010, 11:20:24 PM

My mother used to watch the epsniol  version, I liked it, then I saw the english clip in a target one day. I don't get how they can cram so much cringe and ugh into 30 seconds.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: January 21, 2010, 01:25:38 AM
My mother used to watch the epsniol  version, I liked it, then I saw the english clip in a target one day. I don't get how they can cram so much cringe and ugh into 30 seconds.
my feelings exactly. (I used to watch the original version too.)

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: January 21, 2010, 04:02:34 AM
Oh yeah, just remembered another show; O'Grady (at least I think that's what it was called) Aside from bizarre things occuring every episode, the animation was laaaaazy. It seriously looked like it was made in MS Paint by a 8 year old.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: January 21, 2010, 09:56:54 AM
If we are talking about the [parasitic bomb] that they air on TV in our native countries, I'll talk a bit about polish "comedies" or SITCOMS.

Let's talk about "Świat Według Kiepskich.", which takes its title from the polish translation of "The Life With Bundy"(which was [tornado fang]ing AWESOME).
Anyway, so it's about a guy named Ferdynand Kiepski, who is an upstanding citizen of modern Polish society... except not really, because he's a drunkard who drinks vodka and beer all day, while watching TV. He has two children. One is a typical rebellious girl, the other one is a complete moron with bald head who likes to do what his father does.
There's also the only reasonable person on this show, which is Ferdynand's wife Halina.

And so, they do such interesting [parasitic bomb] on this show, like turning aliens into alcoholics. Turning robots into alocholics. Trying to find a easy way ot make money(which usually backfires on them), and drinking beer and vodka.

Yes, it's just as shitty as it sounds.

Archer

Reply #66 on: January 21, 2010, 10:38:21 AM
Shortland Street.

But then again, I hate hospital soaps in general.

Offline Cobalt

• has a nice hat
  • Net Navi
  • orange is the new blue
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: January 21, 2010, 11:47:35 PM
Rugrats All Grown Up was... awful. Cheesy plot(s), cheesy jokes, CHEESY EVERYTHING. Too bad the episode that started the whole thing up wasn't all that bad.

Also Jibber Jabber, which is a CGI ripoff of Phineas & Ferb minus the everything good about it. And the actual CGI is horrible. THE FACES. THEY DON'T MOVE.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #68 on: January 22, 2010, 06:45:46 AM
Any 4Kids dub, One Piece being in mind. Urgh, they just do a horrible job at it, from the unnecessary censoring to the horrible voice choices to the God-awful rap. The only anime they should dub are those meant FOR KIDS, not teenagers and up.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: January 22, 2010, 06:47:39 AM
The Dubs I dont ususaly mind. It's the editing that kills me.I mean, I thought Yugioh and Pokemon were particularly well dubbed, but it was the edits and cuts made that killed it for me. But otherwise, i dont mind their Dubs.
(Dan Green ftw.)

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: January 22, 2010, 01:12:29 PM
German version of Naruto. The dubbing is pretty good..but it looks like 4Kids was working on it! If you want to know what 4kids would do to Naruto, watch this

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: January 22, 2010, 02:52:28 PM
Trading Spaces and WifeSwap, anyone? >_< UGH. Those [acid burst] me off the most.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: January 22, 2010, 06:39:53 PM
Naruto and anime in general.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: January 22, 2010, 07:24:26 PM
I used to not mind Naruto. I never LIKED it per se- but it was interesting to read. Then it became so mainstream and over popularized, (and God damn the Narutards...) That now I cant stand it. It makes me sick.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: January 23, 2010, 10:17:57 PM
Reminds me of that Cartoon Network remake of George of the Jungle, yeah. a movie that was remade into a series.  X(

I think there was an old cartoon named George of the Jungle, thats what the remake is of. Not the 90s Disney Movie. And its of Canadian Origin, CN just aired it.

Anyway, I really can't find any paitence for Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I tried watching the first Episode and I just couldn't enjoy it.