Rockman Zero Collection Official Website goes live!!

kosmos · 52429

Offline blackbeltdude

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: January 17, 2010, 01:57:29 AM
You know what, though?

Given how censorship has been kicked up a notch in Japan in these last few years, I wouldn't be surprised if the "blood" was taken out of the JP originals, either.

If they wanted to keep Rockman Zero in the "safe" CERO A or B range, more than likely, the juice will have to be either taken out, or just made into sparks, like they did in ZX.

I kind of doubt they'd remove it from the Japanese version; as far as I know, the only censorship stuff that Japan got huffy about was the "sex"-simulators. :P I think all the blood in a game is still very much fair game. Not to mention its pretty clear its cartoon violence/fantasy violence, and most things being sliced open are robots (or at least defined as robots). I see it as an "up in the air" kind of decision that Capcom has to make though, but keeping it in the US version certainly gives more incentive for people to buy the collection (for a few reasons).

If worse comes to worse though, I'd take the "spark" coloring over nothing. :P

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: January 17, 2010, 02:01:11 AM
X4 had lots of Robot blood. And it got an E on the Greatest hits list. (an K-A before!)
In fact, you would think they were filled with nothing but the red stuff. Or at least Double gave that impression.
I say, if X4 had blood, let the splatter stay this time. why the heck not.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #102 on: January 17, 2010, 02:09:28 AM
Oh yeah, that scene. I always thought it was special oil. 8D

..But yeah, I don't care for that minor nitpick, it was pretty much a good series even without extra goodies, like say.. Battle Network Rockman EXE. Best example there.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: January 17, 2010, 02:26:33 AM
Well, Hydraulic fluid tends to be a reddish color.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #104 on: January 17, 2010, 02:31:45 AM
Well, guess that's true, albiet having playing as Zero treats it more like blood as a part of his nightmares and flashbacks in X4. :/

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: January 17, 2010, 02:32:31 AM
Well it essentially IS a robot's blood, I would think.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: January 17, 2010, 02:47:42 AM
I kind of doubt they'd remove it from the Japanese version; as far as I know, the only censorship stuff that Japan got huffy about was the "sex"-simulators. :P

Nope. Especially following the Akihabara incident two years ago, violence and gore related censorship has gotten a lot stiffer in recent years. Sega and Platinum Games' MadWorld wasn't even allowed to be released in Japan without a CERO rating of Z (the equivalent of "Adults Only").

And even in cases where blood existed in some series before hand (say, fighting games like Samurai Spirits/Shodown and Guilty Gear), the blood was taken out in future releases in Japan.

So, for a shounen level franchise like Rockman, I think it goes without saying that the "blood" will likely be taken out, or recolored. Or else, Capcom will have to settle for a higher rating because the Japanese censors just won't go for anything less than a "CERO B".

That's what it looks like for Japan. Assuming this game does come over here, that's up to CoA to decide how they localize it.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: January 17, 2010, 02:52:41 AM
All the Voice acting the Zero series had was Ciel's Huff Huff! in Z1.

She also said 'Nani?' in Z2 when you spoke to her in the lab

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: January 17, 2010, 03:25:45 AM
I remember it being Okaeri.

blackbeltdude: To my knowledge, there is no "voice acting" in the Zero games aside from the examples listed. It's not like the games' entire scripts were dubbed, that would never fit on a GBA. So in that sense, not much has been cut from the overseas releases at all in terms of acting. Any grunts and battle cries that were there originally weren't taken out.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #109 on: January 17, 2010, 03:29:17 AM
I remember it being Okaeri.

It was both, randomly~ ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: January 17, 2010, 03:55:49 AM
I never played 2

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #111 on: January 17, 2010, 04:14:43 AM
I never played 2
Never played 2-4,only Z1....

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #112 on: January 17, 2010, 04:28:54 AM
Oops. Didn't realize that. Probably because there's next to no difference between E and E10 anyway. What did ZXA have that would be unappropriate for those under the age of 10?
Overall less politically correct dialogue, I suppose.  ZXA doesn't tip-toe around death, suffering, and god-complexes the way previous games of the X and Zero series did.

blackbeltdude: To my knowledge, there is no "voice acting" in the Zero games aside from the examples listed. It's not like the games' entire scripts were dubbed, that would never fit on a GBA. So in that sense, not much has been cut from the overseas releases at all in terms of acting. Any grunts and battle cries that were there originally weren't taken out.
I don't think anyone mentioned the Z1 title screen.

But yeah, barely anything audio-wise was removed in Zero-series localization.  The most significant losses were Z4's opening monologue and the lyrics to the ending theme.  It's certainly *NOTHING* compared to ZX.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline kosmos

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: January 17, 2010, 07:09:33 AM

What's going on with the life meter?, looks really weird.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: January 17, 2010, 07:46:10 AM
I'll say.

Posted on: January 17, 2010, 01:35:48 AM
Thats from collection?(stupid question) They might be trying to go the ZX route where you only see the symbol on the healthbar? its possible.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: January 17, 2010, 07:50:54 AM

What's going on with the life meter?, looks really weird.

The whole screen looks stretched, Zeros Head looks wierd.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: January 17, 2010, 07:53:02 AM
I think that's just the shot's quality. It's the lifebar that's more interesting...

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: January 17, 2010, 07:57:19 AM
The whole screen looks stretched, Zeros Head looks wierd.

It actually feels shrunk/zoomed out to me.

I think that's just the shot's quality. It's the lifebar that's more interesting...

Yeah, why is it blue? Where is the rank?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: January 17, 2010, 07:57:33 AM
I kinda like the lifebar, I just hope that the purple crap behind it is the door and not part of the Lifebar.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #119 on: January 17, 2010, 08:00:05 AM
I think it's the door.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: January 17, 2010, 08:08:27 AM
It IS the door.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: January 17, 2010, 08:13:30 AM
They're getting rid of ranks and setting the bosses to their former S Rank levels.

...While this would be nice, I liked how the game scolded people for sucking by bestowing upon them a horrid rank.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #122 on: January 17, 2010, 08:14:25 AM
I didn't enjoy being scolded for sucking.  ;^;

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: January 17, 2010, 08:15:40 AM
As much as the rankings annoyed me at times, the Zero series without rankings just isn't the Zero series to me =/

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Emiri Landeel

• M i s s i n g   i n   a c t i o n
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Put your faith in me and I'll show ya.
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: January 17, 2010, 08:17:00 AM
Damn!
So, I can't brag my rights when I completed all 4 games S rank with non Cyberelf-assist like what I did back in the days? X(
SADDDD PANDAAAAAAAAAAAA