What Do You Want to See in a ZX3?

Satoryu · 109762

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: November 13, 2008, 06:22:42 AM
Here's an idea; two selectable characters, as usual, but both have different storylines altogether, yet exist at the same time to the point that the stories intersect from time to time. Essentially two different sides of the story, instead of retreading everything twice. That would be awesome IMHO.

Yeah, that was I thinking too however...

The game would have to be
A) half as long per character
B) in development much longer
C) more expensive
D) a combination of the above
to accomodate.

And why would Capcom want to take that long on a MegaMan game anyway? I have to agree on two different characters, storylines and biometals especially if all they are going to do is just rehash thje same stuff anyway. I really wish that they didn't take one year to create a new MegaMan when they just rehash the same stuff and add more graphics to it. I wish that they would work on the game and try to make a bit more fun also even if it takes a long time to do so, I am willing to wait a year and a half for a fantastic MM game rather than just another MegaMan game where it not only repeats the same stuff but they used already in the last game. I really wish that they take some more elements besides fire/ice/lightning and add in some ground/bug/ghost or anything. I already seen what Inti put in MM9 with Splash Woman, Tornado Man and Magma Man but seriously we need more elements than that.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: November 13, 2008, 01:56:12 PM
- no more fire-ice-lightning circle. have the weakness circle return to Mega Man roots.
More fire-ice-lightning-scissors-rocks-bombs circles, then.

put in more classic or x series robots as models,
Have they made a Model C that lets you run around with scissors on your head yet?

Offline Zx

• You're already dead
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Come and fight!"
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: November 13, 2008, 02:20:17 PM
Fill all the holes in the story line with the X and Z series, I had enough of fan fictions >.>

"Di Mant de Vongole Primo!"

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: November 13, 2008, 02:22:07 PM
~Master Thomas is consumed/destroyed/is used as a vessel in the revival of Dr. Weil

lol I doubt Inti would do such a thing. But just in case:

Offline MegaPsycho

• Psychopath
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: November 13, 2008, 02:52:47 PM
What would I want?

3 playable characters. Not separated storylines, but rather one story where the 3 paths intersect at times but each have their own significance.

And the three characters would be: Prometheus, Pandora, and a new Chosen One.

The Chosen one would be a choice between an angry emo male kid, and a truly psychopathic but extremely hot female. The Bio Metal in question would be Model V (VAVA/Vile.)

In all honesty, having a modified version of Vile's play style from MHX in a ZX game would be orgasmic.

The story is Prometheus and Pandora managed to survive the underwater lab explosion. When they fully regain their minds and abilities, Albert is dead as a door-nail, Ouroboros is sunk. Thomas has fully revealed himself to the world, and the [parasitic bomb] hits the fan. Thomas tricks the world into believing that Aile/Vent and Grey/Ashe are truly evil and had their own plans all along, and a war between the Guardians and Legion ensues. Mikhail barely escapes with his life and defects to the Guardians.

In the current world, thanks to modifications made due to the Equality Laws passed by Thomas and Albert, Reploids under normal circumstances can never reach the level of power and ability that reploids of old did, like X, Zero, Vile, Sigma, etc. However Thomas (as indicated by the secret ending of ZXA) releases the controls that put such limits on Reploids and Modified Humans. Anyone who is on Thomas's side becomes able to become much more powerful.

Prometheus and Pandora are tired of all the conspiracies, and in general all the bull[parasitic bomb] of the world. They wish to destroy the world, not in the physical sense, but rather destroy the most powerful institutions, after which chaos would ensue, and they hope whatever new world is born after that chaos would be better than the current world. Just one problem: They are powerful, but there is no way in hell just the two of them can fight a two-pronged war against both the Guardians and Thomas controlled Legion. It is at this point they come across information  that could make their dreams feasible.

A bio-metal has been discovered. This bio-metal is a left over project of Albert's. It would essentially have been the demonic right hand of the New Mega Man King. However, the soul that Albert used to power this bio-metal was highly unstable and did not differentiate between friend and foe. So Albert sealed Model V away.

After the destruction of Ouroborous, which Model V was on, it was discovered by Illegal Raiders, not knowing what it really was, except that it was a bio-metal and therefore could be really valuable. Since the events of ZXA, the Raiders had built a new underground main base. However, upon discovery of its existence, both the Guardians and Legion sent Spec-Ops teams to retreive it.

Meanwhile, a girl in her late teenage years, who had recently escaped from prison. She was wandering around about two days before the Illegal Raider base was attacked. She, with her skills, manages to infiltrate the base. She is about to initiate a plan to kill everyone there for fun, when Raider radar detects both groups. She decides to kill them instead. She manages to snipe and blow up several enemies from both sides, but the large number of spec-ops is too much for her, and she starts to receive injuries, and she starts trying to run.

However, she can't run for long, and is pinned down in a cargo room. With Guardians flooding in from one entrance, and Coalition forces in the other, she is trapped. Since the two opposing forces open fire on each other, this buys her a little bit of time, but she knows the victorious side will come for her soon. That's when she hears a voice.

"This is [acid burst]ing me off! I want to be strong! I want to be free! But I'm a freaking piece of floating metal being fought over like some inanimate weapon!!!"

She looks around.

"Who said that?"

"Whoa, what the hell, you can hear me kid?"

After a conversation I don't feel like typing out, the two Mega Merge. The girl fights her way out of the facility, only to walk into a giant two-pronged ambush. However, Prometheus and Pandora cause massive damage to the ambush party, and manage to teleport her out......

Holy [parasitic bomb], I went way of tangent, and this story would probably never happen. But I can dream..... 8D

"Those who speak in riddles, and riddle the ignorant, often get shot and riddled with holes, by the ignorant."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: November 13, 2008, 06:37:38 PM
You should write more MegaPsycho...
I miss your fanfics... ;_;

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #131 on: November 13, 2008, 07:13:48 PM
it's so-so, and model V is already taken by JP Weil/Vile

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: November 13, 2008, 07:28:30 PM
Meanwhile, a girl in her late teenage years, who had recently escaped from prison. She was wandering around about two days before the Illegal Raider base was attacked. She, with her skills, manages to infiltrate the base. She is about to initiate a plan to kill everyone there for fun, when Raider radar detects both groups. She decides to kill them instead.

Why would anyone want to play as this character? Girl's a moron. :/

Offline Mega Greasy Houdini Tek 54321

• B-Class Hunter
  • BOOYAKASHA!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: November 13, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
The ride armor, ride chaser, and an art gallery. :P

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #134 on: November 13, 2008, 09:41:27 PM
...Or Sky Chaser!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: November 13, 2008, 09:42:52 PM
Ride Chaser stages!

8D

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: November 13, 2008, 11:01:13 PM
Ride Chaser stages!

8D

Seconded, but only if they are similar to Jet Stingray's in terms of Fun.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: November 13, 2008, 11:17:19 PM
Just as long that keep let use the Chaser until the end of stage and not at certain moments where we cannot use them any more or get let s use the Ride Chaser anywhere in the game. 

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: November 14, 2008, 12:25:04 AM
Just as long that keep let use the Chaser until the end of stage and not at certain moments where we cannot use them any more or get let s use the Ride Chaser anywhere in the game. 

In that case it would speed you up and you would have full control over it, just like in X2.

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: November 14, 2008, 12:51:37 AM
Nahhh, Dr.Weil should stay dead. Let Thomas have some fun instead.

Flok's favorites:

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #140 on: November 14, 2008, 01:41:02 AM
Let Thomas have some fun instead.

Agreed. It'd be interesting to see him fight with his sword thingie.

Here's something to ponder about: Would you prefer ZX3 take place right after the events of ZXA or a few years after ZXA, a time jump?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: November 14, 2008, 01:57:04 AM
lol I doubt Inti would do such a thing. But just in case:

F*ck yeah. id tottaly dig that. mister floating dress of doom.
"lol worthless Ideals."
"Hey, lets rebuild Omega! I bet it'll work the third time!"
name the above quotes.^

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: November 14, 2008, 02:02:27 AM
Agreed. It'd be interesting to see him fight with his sword thingie.

Here's something to ponder about: Would you prefer ZX3 take place right after the events of ZXA or a few years after ZXA, a time jump?

Since Thomas just turned evil right in front of Mikhail chances are it'll be right after.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: November 14, 2008, 02:17:37 AM
I just want Model X to be playable throughout the whole game without having to unlock it >_>'

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: November 15, 2008, 02:39:05 AM
concerning the real villain, i'd imagine it would be Model W itself. notice how its the only (canonical) Biometal not to have sentience? well, i could easily see Thomas awakening said sentience in Model W, which isn't necessarily Weil, but is incredibly similar. you know, just like how Model A isn't exactly Axl.

what i could see happening is Model W staying under Thomas' control for like the first half of the game or something like that. but Model W will eventually overthrow Thomas and assume its role as Big Boss.

if Model W isn't the main villain, i imagine Grey would be. he is Albert Jr. after all. perhaps Thomas could awaken his true purpose, Grey gets rid of Thomas, and takes Model W for himself. he'd probably take Model A with him. i don't know if that means there'd be an AW form, but it doesn't sound too farfetched.

if Grey does keep Model A while in Angry Mode, that does leave Ashe up [parasitic bomb]'s Creek. i doubt they'd get rid of her, so her gameplay would have to be tweaked a little. i don't think she could be given another Biometal, so i could only see her getting a bunch of weapons to use a la X8 Axl. give her a jetpack so she can dash and hover for a while, and she could probably keep up with Vent and Aile.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: November 15, 2008, 04:07:46 AM
*Ha! That's a good one!*

And you know, instead of a Ride Chaser why not Aile's Blue Bike. I can imagine the intro scene...

Model X Aile riding a Bike then explodes... 8D *GBD Reference*

I prefer it right after ZXA because I want a Grand Duel with Rockman Model X, & with Rockman Model A also.

Offline MassKiller1

• He who kicks ass.
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: November 15, 2008, 06:15:18 AM
I just want Model X to be playable throughout the whole game without having to unlock it >_>'

True Model X was fun as hell to play with but it seems too powerful. o.o
(Charge shot + BIG Charge shot = a whole crap-load of damage!!!)

*Ha! That's a good one!*

And you know, instead of a Ride Chaser why not Aile's Blue Bike. I can imagine the intro scene...

I prefer it right after ZXA because I want a Grand Duel with Rockman Model X, & with Rockman Model A also.

I don't think Model A will be in the next game unless they have a flash back. If you remember the ending Grey/Ashe and Model A leave to travel the world basically leaving Vent/Aile to clean up any other Irregular messes.

Searching for the answers, meanings within the answers...

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: November 15, 2008, 09:59:36 AM

You made me very sad, Galappan... ;_;

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: November 15, 2008, 08:44:50 PM
What I want to hear in a ZX3...

A good soundtrack.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: November 15, 2008, 09:03:54 PM
What I want to hear in a ZX3...

A good soundtrack.

This, preferably of RMZ4 caliber. I swear that game spoiled me for musical quality in a 2D Rockman/Megaman game.