Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: November 12, 2008, 12:15:31 AM
Ranks-Gone
OIS-Repair
BME Regeneration-Keep, make slightly faster.
EX Skills, Bring back for Model Z, With Model X get Weapon, With Model A get new Gun.
Simple as that.

Offline Mr. E

• Ace Detective (?)
  • Cyberelf
  • Zvarri!
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: November 12, 2008, 02:19:12 AM
- BME: regenerate faster. A W-Tank (not a can)
- Bosses: regenerate (Fistleo - hard mode)  -u-'
- More chips for model X (5 bullets, rapid fire...)
- Better V.A  -_-

DASH 3 :)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: November 12, 2008, 02:21:02 AM
- BME: regenerate faster. A W-Tank (not a can)
- Bosses: regenerate (Fistleo - hard mode)  -u-'
- More chips for model X (5 bullets, rapid fire...)
- Better V.A  -_-

I thought the ZXA voice acting was fine.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: November 12, 2008, 02:24:25 AM
I can tell you what I DON'T want to see in a ZX3...not some BS were the Model isn't after a known robot even though it looks like it if it were ZXified *cough*model'albert'*cough*

Offline Mr. E

• Ace Detective (?)
  • Cyberelf
  • Zvarri!
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: November 12, 2008, 02:40:09 AM
I DON'T want to see 'Model a' again  :W
What about triple Megamerge? :)

DASH 3 :)

Offline Zx

• You're already dead
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Come and fight!"
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: November 12, 2008, 02:52:27 AM
I DON'T want to see 'Model a' again  :W
That was most awesome thing in all ZXA. Shame on you.

"Di Mant de Vongole Primo!"

Offline Wanda Bear

• The Wanderess of RPM
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Currently Nowhere.
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: November 12, 2008, 02:57:50 AM
What about triple Megamerge? :)

That would only make sence if it was Model O, X, and Z as in Zero 3.

Home sweet home

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: November 12, 2008, 04:48:06 AM
- More improve Hu Form. Additional Weapons like a pocket beam knife  maybe. Tools like a wire or hook to access dash jump needed areas. Disposable weapons/gadgets maybe. That is if you want to beat the game solely in Hu Form.
- Survival Road in Hard Mode Setting & NO Subtank plz.
- I want a Kappa Falseroid.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #108 on: November 12, 2008, 04:54:22 AM
- Survival Road in Hard Mode Setting & NO Subtank plz.

Wow, you're bold!  :o

Personally, I'd like them to redefine "Hard Mode".  I'm tired of Capcom tossing all of your gear out of the window and calling it "Hard Mode".  I'd prefer them to let you keep all of your enhancements (Life ups, BME ups, Sub Tanks), and simply increase the difficulty of the enemies/bosses.  They could even give them more health or something; I just don't like the idea of being stuck with a puny health bar, taking double damage, and being forced to scrounge around for food items and E-Tanks until I get that one Sub Tank (usually done through a difficult quest).

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: November 12, 2008, 05:04:54 AM
simply increase the difficulty of the enemies/bosses
Done.

I thought the Hard Mode difficulty of ZX Series is very good unlike Zero Series. I don't mind a double damage since it encourages you to dodge better (I <3 & hate ZX Area L...) & it kinda fills the objective of the Rank System. But that's just me I guess.

Offline Wanda Bear

• The Wanderess of RPM
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Currently Nowhere.
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: November 12, 2008, 05:05:49 AM
Give every boss, yes even mid bosses, instant kill moves! owo

Home sweet home

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: November 12, 2008, 05:10:48 AM
I wish that just get rid of the rank system altogether, put in more classic or x series robots as models, get back to the rock-paper-scissors gameplay that made Mega Man/Rockman so good instead of that fire/ice/lightning crap and even put in some new characters like a Proto Man like character, Bass like character, Vile like character or Dynamo like character instead of X, Zero, Four Guardians and Weil clones.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #112 on: November 12, 2008, 05:35:37 AM
You HAVE to have X and Zero.  Otherwise the game wouldn't be MegaMan ZX anymore.

Done.
I third that one.  The inability for a fully powered player to face a fully powered boss is very, very, VERY aggravating.  Although to be honest I probably wouldn't have minded so much if they'd kept the Life Ups and axed the tanks/items, rather than doing it the other way around.

I thought the ZXA voice acting was fine.
It'd have been satisfactory, at least, had Vent and Aile actually had decent voices.  They were pretty horrid, Aile especially.  Vent at least stepped it up during the transformation video, which shows his VA is capable.  For the rest he either didn't care or was instructed badly.

Oh yeah, and let's bring back Mark, Lucas, and Jeff for Models X, Z, and A.

not some BS were the Model isn't after a known robot even though it looks like it if it were ZXified *cough*model'albert'*cough*

"Model Albert" refers to the backup system of Albert's plans contained within Model A, that being the ciphers, not to the Biometal's consciousness.  It can't be Albert's soul if Albert is standing right there.  Look at the brain washing that happened to the Big Four, eyes red, Biometal's own consciousness shoved aside in favor of the host.  Then look at what almost happened to Grey in the intro.  Now what do you think was supposed to happen to him?  The Biometal's consciousness is irrelevant to Albert's plans, it is to be cast aside to merely salvage its combat abilities.  That didn't happen, hence Grey being "defective."

And I'm sure that even CoA realizes this.  Check out X8's pause menu sometime.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: November 12, 2008, 10:34:11 PM
-Fire/Ice/Lightning was good in the Zero serie, but it really was unnecessary to include it once again in the ZX
serie in my opinion. The same goes for the Pseudoroids. How about a poison/space/shield/ground/whatever based
Pseudoroid/weapon for once? To be honest, I am getting a bit sick with the many ice and fire bosses lately.

-Have Master Thomas reset the world in an highly enjoyable fashion. I am not really sure if he should be the main villain,
but if there is room for a new one once again, then definitely give us a new one once again! I applaud Inti's
decision of a different final boss in their Mega Man games so far. That does not mean that Thomas cannot be
a final boss, but right now, I am more interested into a new one.

-A playable PnP should be plausible, but should they be a hidden bonus or be part of the main storyline? Not sure
about that.

-Mugshots of Pseudoroids once again. Strange that after Z1, the serie started using mugshots, but now in ZX, the
serie still has not used our favorite mugshot screen yet. Perhaps Inti will not use it, which would be too bad.

-Model K for friggin Kraft!

-Mikhail remains as the advisor for the 2 new playable characters/PnP.

-And of course highly enjoyable music, highly enjoyable mature characters and an highly enjoyable twist like in Z3...maybe too much asked, but then again, it's been a while since ZX Advent has been released. Normally Inti would had finished on the sequel to the Zero or ZX serie by now.

EDIT: What the hell, has the word e-p-i-c be sensored?

Flok's favorites:

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: November 12, 2008, 10:37:20 PM
O hI know something! I want...

[spoiler]A ZX3 in the first place![/spoiler]

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: November 12, 2008, 10:39:15 PM
Have Master Thomas reset the world in an highly enjoyable fashion. I am not really sure if he should be the main villain,
but if there is room for a new one once again, then definitely give us a new one once again! I applaud Inti's
decision of a different final boss in their Mega Man games so far. That does not mean that Thomas cannot be

Model K for friggin Kraft!

I really agree with those Ideas, But it would be Model C for Craft. Not Model K for Kraft Mac and Cheese. :V

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: November 12, 2008, 10:40:52 PM
'Kraft' is as legit as 'Craft'.

:(

And it fits much better actually, but meh I'm not picky. Just put HIM in there.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: November 12, 2008, 10:45:23 PM
"Model Albert" refers to the backup system of Albert's plans contained within Model A, that being the ciphers, not to the Biometal's consciousness.  It can't be Albert's soul if Albert is standing right there.  Look at the brain washing that happened to the Big Four, eyes red, Biometal's own consciousness shoved aside in favor of the host.  Then look at what almost happened to Grey in the intro.  Now what do you think was supposed to happen to him?  The Biometal's consciousness is irrelevant to Albert's plans, it is to be cast aside to merely salvage its combat abilities.  That didn't happen, hence Grey being "defective."

And I'm sure that even CoA realizes this.  Check out X8's pause menu sometime.

Didn't Albert at some point call it his son though? Like an Albert Jr.?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #118 on: November 12, 2008, 10:55:52 PM
Kraft sounds more foreign (unless you're German (or Swedish like me)), so it fits better with the "names are words from different languages" theme.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #119 on: November 12, 2008, 10:59:47 PM
That's why we stick with Kraft~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: November 12, 2008, 11:22:09 PM
Here's an idea; two selectable characters, as usual, but both have different storylines altogether, yet exist at the same time to the point that the stories intersect from time to time. Essentially two different sides of the story, instead of retreading everything twice. That would be awesome IMHO.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: November 12, 2008, 11:47:25 PM
OIS - cool concept, needs rebalancing.
Regeneration - I don't even know if you're referring to Pseudoroids or BME, but either way, you're nuts.
EX Skills - WOULD have been decent except for two things:
1. Find some ORIGINAL saber skills
2. Never, ever tie them to rank again.  In fact never, ever think about ranks again.  ZX is much better for having dropped them.

OIS was a decent system.
At first, it was hard for an old MMX mind like myself to get used to. Then when I saw it was the only way to do substantial elemental damage and that it beefed attacks, I didn't mind as much.
That said, yes, it is open to abuses. OIS should never have existed, then just beefed up the attacks and abilities of the forms.

But,

This led to the ZXA's system.
Now, you had ONE energy bar for every form that would gradually refill.
On paper, the system should have erased the Combat abuses and allowed for more flexibility regarding puzzles.
Any substantial basic attack (including ZX's charged-attacks, for crying out loud) were tied to this STUPID bar.
In the meantime, you're faced with enemies that are largely unharmed by basic attacks, and the only way you could avoid damage was to have the correct elemental attack, boss form attack, or Homing Shot (IF it worked in time) ready.

How would you retool OIS or BME? Yeah, I've said "Go back to Weapons", but is there another fresh, new way that isn't bad?
Lemme think...
Well, a button-activated system is clearly abusable, though only for solitary attacks - charge attacks still cost. If OIS ended at a scene/door/fight change or end, that gives you absolutely no flexibility for your first play of the stage.
And recharging doesn't work in combat. X3 proved that, already. And having one bar for everything doesn't really make sense. At best, it merely redistributes overall usage; at worst, it leaves the design teams and players devoid of options.

There's a key element here that Inticreates, and possibly Capcom, seemed to have forgotten, and it took Megaman 9 to remind them:
DO NOT TIE NON-BONUS PUZZLES TO ENERGY
Now, they did still do it. Various destructible blocks via Laser Trident and the Tornado Lifts in the Wily Stages did just that. But, they left you plenty of Weapon Energy, UNTIL you got to Superhero Mode.
If you want that extra E-Tank, great, work for it. Then you've earned the ability to use it. If you're wanting to beat "Hard Mode", you can't have them, you need to prove your mastery (taking into account the human condition and reasonable control error; I'm looking at you, last room of Galaxy Man Superhero Mode).

Life is tied to how much you take damage; weapons prevent taking damage and improve combat performance, including clearing groups of enemies. Including execution, that's a matter of skill, time limit on how long your energies last based on how well you do.
So I think the best thing to do is to leave non-bonus puzzles solely to basic attacks and movements that cost nothing. Puzzles are a matter of knowledge, typically no time limit. Even if there is a time limit, once you learn how to do the puzzle, there's no stopping you from doing it again (see: Endless Mode, MM9).
The Normal Mode acquaints you with the terms of the logic and the game. There can be skill in the execution of the puzzle, but this should be left to Hard Modes. Say you passed Blazin Flizard's lava lifts the first time; you might not have completely fulfilled Childre Inarabitta's main quest objective the first time. It's almost impossible to have known how many switches there were, and where they were, what you were supposed to press, how you were to press them, and do it all while surviving long enough to see the end.
You could leave puzzle execution in Normal Mode, and indeed, only those who can think fast enough would pass the first time. In doing so, though, you stand to lose a great deal of the "fun" and replay value of a game, not to mention customer base of people who play video games in order to get away from taxing situations that they deal with in real life that actually have meaning on the course of our world.

As far as EX Skills go, though, I agree. They basically are weapons, just without energy bars (and either weak or useless so it's not like having unlimited Jewel Satellite or Chameleon Sting).
Personally, I was hoping that EX Skills and the Pseudoroids of ZXA would have element/attack pattern combinations that were CLEARLY the weakness of another boss. Never happened.

-Fire/Ice/Lightning was good in the Zero serie, but it really was unnecessary to include it once again in the ZX
serie in my opinion. The same goes for the Pseudoroids. How about a poison/space/shield/ground/whatever based
Pseudoroid/weapon for once? To be honest, I am getting a bit sick with the many ice and fire bosses lately.

-Have Master Thomas reset the world in an highly enjoyable fashion. I am not really sure if he should be the main villain,

On the fire/ice bosses, THIS THIS THIS. Take out the Fire/Ice/Lightning system, already!

On the final boss, how about this:
~Master Thomas resets the world
~Master Thomas is consumed/destroyed/is used as a vessel in the revival of Dr. Weil
~In a parallel fashion, Megaman X, Axl, Zero, etc. are revived and carry out the remainder of the game/final battle themselves.

All in some way that provides closure for any unpopular characters, and possible future loopholes for reviving ones people liked.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #122 on: November 13, 2008, 01:11:56 AM
Here's an idea; two selectable characters, as usual, but both have different storylines altogether, yet exist at the same time to the point that the stories intersect from time to time. Essentially two different sides of the story, instead of retreading everything twice. That would be awesome IMHO.
The game would have to be
A) half as long per character
B) in development much longer
C) more expensive
D) a combination of the above
to accomodate.

Posted on: 2008-11-13, 09:06:32
In the meantime, you're faced with enemies that are largely unharmed by basic attacks, and the only way you could avoid damage was to have the correct elemental attack, boss form attack, or Homing Shot (IF it worked in time) ready.
Were you playing on some secret Nightmare difficulty? Enemies went down like bowling pins with charge attacks, and the energy recharged faster than I could use it.

On the final boss, how about this:
~Master Thomas resets the world
~Master Thomas is consumed/destroyed/is used as a vessel in the revival of Dr. Weil
~In a parallel fashion, Megaman X, Axl, Zero, etc. are revived and carry out the remainder of the game/final battle themselves.
Cheap cop-out that noone will be happy with.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: November 13, 2008, 01:36:24 AM
Were you playing on some secret Nightmare difficulty? Enemies went down like bowling pins with charge attacks, and the energy recharged faster than I could use it.
Cheap cop-out that noone will be happy with.

Nope. I was using Ashe.

Yes, but it does wrap up nicely, and it IS typical of the MMZ/ZX writers!

Offline Aile

• Lesser Goddess of ROCK-ON... and RPM
  • Net Navi
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: November 13, 2008, 01:40:26 AM
The original... four (Used to be two, but dammit, now we have Grey and Ashe too...) as playable characters.  I don't want a bunch of new people with new Biometals and new enemies to fight.  Dammit, you already have four heroes who are active in the fight, not including the Guardians.  A little more emphasis on them, please.