Satoryu · 109768

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #75 on: November 09, 2008, 10:55:55 PM
I think that has to do with his memory getting axed.  Axl ran like hell in X7, after all.  But he does have the urge to take the fight to the baddies and, given the appropriate role model, follows through quickly.  Model A's the same way.

I still kinda smile a little at the Buckfire dialogue:
"Mistake?  What are you yapping about?  You don't know me!"

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: November 09, 2008, 10:57:10 PM
I think that has to do with his memory getting axed.  Axl ran like hell in X7, after all.  But he does have the urge to take the fight to the baddies and, given the appropriate lead, follows through quickly.  Model A's the same way.

I still kinda smile a little at the Buckfire dialogue:
"Mistake?  What are you yapping about?  You don't know me!"
Yeah that's true.  Hmm now I wonder how Albert got Axl's data in the first place.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: November 10, 2008, 01:27:05 AM
Yeah that's true.  Hmm now I wonder how Albert got Axl's data in the first place.

Easy, he found out info about him in the "Annals of History".

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: November 10, 2008, 01:42:13 AM
Story:
~4 Guardians from ZXA axed by Hareng wielding Model Z in the beginning
~Reveal that Model A contains Axl
~Enable the Biometals to remember their pasts, enable conversations between them

Gameplay:
~Mix and matching of Models Z, X, and A Double Megamerges
~Also, solo use of Z, X, and A
~No more boss weakspots
~Less missions
~No more Medals, no ranks
~ZX1 linear stage design, not ZXA's free roaming and DOOOOOOOORS
~No Model A "weapon energy" bar mechanic
~Make Model L's single swing attack just as powerful as Model X's second, spiral buster
~Make Model P's shurikens homing
~Take out Model A's lagfest of a Homing Buster, replace both weapons with a rapid shot
~Double Jump chip

Secrets:
~Ultimate Upgrades: Ultimate Armor X, Dark Zero, Stealth Axl (has a Jackson-like ability)
~More 2P or FUN minigames, including a Wi-Fi "Puzzle Fighter", not the "Energy Converter" game

There.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #79 on: November 10, 2008, 02:26:44 AM
I'd certainly like to see some of the Models changed, no doubt:

• Model A should play more like Axl; it feels like a very watered down X.
  • Shadow Dash should return to Model P, preferably defaulted.  I particularly didn't mind using BME for it, but if it was free that would be nice too.
  • Model L should have a running slash.  I liked the Ice Platform personally; it was pretty useful and fun to play around with too.
  • Use the old BME system from ZX

Also, Model a was a horrible unlockable form.  While OX was awesome and replaced ZX in every way, Model a's novelty factor wore off pretty quickly.  We should get another form that's actually useful, you know.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #80 on: November 10, 2008, 02:33:36 AM
I'd like the plot to focus back on Vent/Aile. I think it'd be interesting to further explore their characters and truly experience how they matured since ZX.

Offline Mr. E

• Ace Detective (?)
  • Cyberelf
  • Zvarri!
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: November 10, 2008, 03:54:49 AM
What I want:
- Double jump  ::)
- Shadow dash
- Ex skill
- Better minigames
- More Mettools
- More water stages, can water-jump (like Z3, Z4)
- Model H: hover like Aeolus did in Ouroboros
- A chance to double the energy bar  bVd
- Reveal that Model A isn't Axl or Albert, it's Apollo Justice !!!   8D

DASH 3 :)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: November 10, 2008, 04:13:16 AM
Shadow dash should come back, and be a default, no energy needed mechanic. if the shurikens become homing, then improve the homing function to replace the terrible touchscreen one.

Model Z playable somehow.
a secret unlockable form that is actually usefull. all that Model @ had going for it was the fact that it was so small, most enemy shots went over it.

some manner of secret bosses, like in ZX1. maybe Omega again, as he was an awesome secret boss.
A trans model O, with its own "Un double megamerged" abilities. this could introduce a Model O chosen one. why the hell not.
two stories. Vent/Aile, and Ashe/Grey. with one side coexisting to the other. (Vent/Ailes story coexists with Grey/Ashe's stories.)

Maybe Model AX. (Model A copies Model X and uses its "special" ability to double megamerge with itself, making a faux Ax.)

also, Model Sigma for Tohmas. oh what a mastermind he is~

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: November 10, 2008, 04:15:57 AM
I like those ideas.

Offline Zx

• You're already dead
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Come and fight!"
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: November 10, 2008, 04:21:16 AM
Story:
~4 Guardians from ZXA axed by Hareng wielding Model Z in the beginning
~Reveal that Model A contains Axl
~Enable the Biometals to remember their pasts, enable conversations between them

Gameplay:
~Mix and matching of Models Z, X, and A Double Megamerges
~Also, solo use of Z, X, and A
~No more boss weakspots
~Less missions
~No more Medals, no ranks
~ZX1 linear stage design, not ZXA's free roaming and DOOOOOOOORS
~No Model A "weapon energy" bar mechanic
~Make Model L's single swing attack just as powerful as Model X's second, spiral buster
~Make Model P's shurikens homing
~Take out Model A's lagfest of a Homing Buster, replace both weapons with a rapid shot
~Double Jump chip

Secrets:
~Ultimate Upgrades: Ultimate Armor X, Dark Zero, Stealth Axl (has a Jackson-like ability)
~More 2P or FUN minigames, including a Wi-Fi "Puzzle Fighter", not the "Energy Converter" game

There.
SOLD! But less missions = less story, models, upgrades... =/

Also, the ability of copying enemies not only bosses for Model A.

"Di Mant de Vongole Primo!"

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: November 10, 2008, 04:25:49 AM
Now we just need program, and money, and the game to actually be made.... :|.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: November 10, 2008, 04:37:54 AM
i'm sick of the Big Four models. i don't want them playable, whether they're by themselves, comboed with X, comboed with Z, or whatever. i'm getting sick of fighting them, too. so if they were to be plot-driven bosses, they better do something interesting with those fights. like have Model W infect them or something, making them HW, FW, etc.

as for what Model X would do without its Double Rock Ons, what's wrong with earning new weapons from each of the 8 main bosses? Model Z would get new skills, and Model A could still copy the bosses.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: November 10, 2008, 04:44:45 AM
i'm sick of the Big Four models. i don't want them playable, whether they're by themselves, comboed with X, comboed with Z, or whatever. i'm getting sick of fighting them, too. so if they were to be plot-driven bosses, they better do something interesting with those fights. like have Model W infect them or something, making them HW, FW, etc.

as for what Model X would do without its Double Rock Ons, what's wrong with earning new weapons from each of the 8 main bosses? Model Z would get new skills, and Model A could still copy the bosses.

I like that last Idea.

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: November 10, 2008, 04:51:19 AM
hmmm I want:

- 8D
- 8D
- Model Craft
- Prometheus & Pandora to be the Main Protagonist. Though I also like the idea of going back to a Single Character that may connect all of them.
- As stated in the past topics, I also want the idea of a Model Z Falseroids. So let say Thomas somehow obtained Model Z, but what He truly want is to extract Livemetal Model X. Model Z acting as a luring tool.
- The Elusive 4 Helios, Thetis, Atlas, & Siarnaq assist Thomas in preparing the World to it's Reset once again. Each of them except Siarnaq have 2 designated Falseroid Servants.
- If PnP personifies Hell, I want a new tandem that personifies Heaven.
- I also want a Red hair Protaganist that looks like him.  8D

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: November 10, 2008, 05:14:21 AM
SOLD! But less missions = less story, models, upgrades... =/

Also, the ability of copying enemies not only bosses for Model A.

Oh, no, not Story Missions. Less Sidequest Missions.
No, ZX and ZXA were fine in regard to the number of story missions and pacing; it's stage length and tedium where things went downhill.

Or Model A could get different shots like X8; what ZXA did with boss copying was just too gimmicky to be fun for any length of time.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: November 10, 2008, 05:18:53 AM
The only thing I truly want in ZX3 is better transformations/models.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: November 10, 2008, 06:12:11 AM
Oh, and one other thing: OIS.  I like it and all.  But once you activate it, you should be locked in until your BME is depleted (or a scene change, boss defeated, etc), in order to prevent its abuse.  The split-second OIS is pretty broken.  Require holding for a bit akin to Model A's Giga Crush in order to prevent accidental use.

Speaking of Giga Crush, its BME requirements need to be constant.  ZXA really screwed you for gathering the BME upgrades in that department.  And there is *NO* excuse for Model ZX to not have a Giga Attack.

Model A should play more like Axl; it feels like a very watered down X.
I dunno, when you get the hang of that homing shot, Model A can be pretty awesome.  Porting Axl's controls wouldn't work real well seeings how multi-direction is more of FX's specialty.  I like the whole lock-on concept.

But this doesn't mean Model A couldn't see a rapid-fire enhancement.  It could fire 2 shots to the button press, one from each gun.  But for obvious reasons this wouldn't work when wall-climbing.

Use the old BME system from ZX
NO
Regenerating BME was the best thing to happen to ZXA.  It allows more freedom in the use of BME attacks without the ever-nagging concern that you'll be stuck without enough when you really need it.  Otherwise you're encouraged to do without it whenever possible, which was a major gripe with ZX.  Also, it avoids cluttering the pause screen, which after A-Trans is a growing concern.

Maybe Model AX. (Model A copies Model X and uses its "special" ability to double megamerge with itself, making a faux Ax.)
If Model A was capable of that, we'd have seen Model X in ZXA.

I think it'd be a lot less convoluted to have a Double Rock On among allies utilize both Chosen Ones.  But to expand that, I thought it'd be nice to add some variance based on the host, and which Biometal is their "usual" one.

Example: Aile has X, Vent has Z, they Double Rock On.  Vent, normally using Model Z, is more adept with the saber, so we could have the saber transforming into a pistol as we're familiar with.  Aile, on the other hand, using Model X would be more adept with the arm-mounted buster, so she would have the inverse: an arm-mounted buster that can transform into a blade (ala Blade Armor).

And, as I've said many times before, I am wholly in favor of Model AX, and the same weapon variance could be applied there.  I also believe that besides generally souping up the charged buster beyond Model A, it should also allow multiple Homing Shot locks on a single target.

If you don't like them, don't use them.  Model X can have its own elemental moves, but I still want the Big Four Double Rock Ons back.

But I will admit, using the Big Four as full-fledged bosses is a real drain on the game's variety; 8 Pseudoroids plus at least 4 MegaMen (6 in ZXA if you include PnP) doesn't leave a lot of room for more diverse non-standard bosses.  So I'd suggest booting them to minibosses.  The game should not revolve around them, but I do still want them to participate.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #92 on: November 10, 2008, 04:30:56 PM

won't happen

capcom is allergic to taking steps back to what worked

Offline Zx

• You're already dead
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Come and fight!"
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: November 10, 2008, 04:37:22 PM
More anime cutscenes for the epic moments.

"Di Mant de Vongole Primo!"

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: November 10, 2008, 06:34:44 PM
capcom is allergic to taking steps back to what worked

Zero 4 kinda has a bone to pick with you. and Mega Man 9 has a bigger bone.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: November 10, 2008, 08:58:22 PM
More anime cutscenes for the epic moments.

Cutscenes are not gameplay.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: November 11, 2008, 04:38:09 AM
Neither is Model X having long brown hair.  Who said they were, and more importantly, who gives a damn?

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: November 11, 2008, 04:42:07 AM
Neither the OIS or the Regeneration systems were very good. And the EX Skills in MMZ were a drain on the fun.

The fix is to KEEP IT SIMPLE. Do the same tried-and-true weapons system that MM and MMX had.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: November 11, 2008, 04:44:23 AM
Zero 4 kinda has a bone to pick with you. and Mega Man 9 has a bigger bone.

Nah, they're still allergic; they've still got the hives from MM9.  :D

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: November 11, 2008, 06:59:23 PM
Neither the OIS or the Regeneration systems were very good. And the EX Skills in MMZ were a drain on the fun.

The fix is to KEEP IT SIMPLE. Do the same tried-and-true weapons system that MM and MMX had.
OIS - cool concept, needs rebalancing.
Regeneration - I don't even know if you're referring to Pseudoroids or BME, but either way, you're nuts.
EX Skills - WOULD have been decent except for two things:
1. Find some ORIGINAL saber skills
2. Never, ever tie them to rank again.  In fact never, ever think about ranks again.  ZX is much better for having dropped them.