What does Original X look like in the Zero series?

Tempo · 19535

Offline Tempo

• Yellow Lancer
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
on: December 19, 2009, 10:22:57 PM
Looking at the sprites and art of Original X's body (from RMZ Official Complete Works), it looks like Original X looked a bit different from Copy X. I came up with a quick mockup/trace over Zero of what I think he looked like according to the art and sprites. I've seen custom kit figures of "Original X" that have different ideas. I'm also pretty sure that Copy X was obsessed with himself which is why everything he relates with wears or has an X on it.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 10:27:37 PM
You know, that's close to what he could've been in the Zero series during the Elf Wars without the robe, seeing as how simple the X series X's design was.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 05:56:07 AM
Plus, X has X series ears. Copy X the type Zero has. (which is funny, since his mugshot seems to have the X series type)
What id like to know, is about that leviathan like part on Cyber X's helmet. only the sprite really has it, and it doesnt make him look any "holier"

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Tempo

• Yellow Lancer
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 09:43:43 AM
Yeah its kinda hard to tell what certain characters lacking big art look like. There seem to be some inconsistencies between sprites, mugshots and art with some people. I know with Cyber X, his glowing art where he is all white shows different shoes than his robed version, which made me think it was his original body. It sorta makes sense because the feet look like they are from the X series. There is art with the 4 guardians standing around a mountain with X at the top. His back is facing the viewer and he is cyber, but his image seems to be his original body. I wish I could see it larger.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 02:42:08 PM
What id like to know, is about that leviathan like part on Cyber X's helmet. only the sprite really has it, and it doesnt make him look any "holier"

What ARE you talking about, Flame?

From TELOS.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 05:31:12 PM
What ARE you talking about, Flame?

From TELOS.
Yes, that is what he is supposed to look likr, that is his Concept art, but...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 11:27:39 PM
Both are accurate depictions. What you posted is how his Cyber Elf appears, what I posted is how he projects himself.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 12:03:18 AM
What of the rainbowy outline? X is normally just a little ball of light.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 12:06:30 AM
You can basically see that figure of X inside of the rainbowy ball of light.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 12:11:11 AM
So hes a tiny little pixie like the other cyber elves?

Offline Tempo

• Yellow Lancer
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 01:16:15 AM
Yeah pretty much. But I figured he projects himself the same as he is as a cyber elf.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 01:47:46 AM
X isnt pompous that he'd make himself appear holy. I always saw it as just another inconsistency. The games have enough of them already anyway.

Offline Tempo

• Yellow Lancer
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 10:54:21 AM
Well his sprites as a cyber elf are all that cloaked version. The only time I've seen him look like that white art is in his mugshot from Zero 2 and 3. Hopefully I can find a bigger version of the art I saw.

Offline TRC

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 12:05:17 PM
It's been shown in the ZERO and ZX storylines that Cyber-Elf entities from deceased Repliroids have the capability to project themselves differently to their original Earthly bodies (X and Giro). This does not segregate them much from any other varieties of Cyber-Elf, as they too can assume a basic form and even evolve. All of this is possible as long as they have the energy to keep themselves alive, which is presumably drawn from either Cyberspace, or from themselves when in Realspace.

Consider the fact that X's appearance of himself and self-worth/values could change, from fighting for peace to sacrificing himself to keep the Dark Elf in the Tree of Life ~Yggdrasil~, to awaiting for ZERO to awaken and save the world in his stead. The artwork depiction of X bonded inside Yggdrasil is essentially most of what we've seen in his struggles against Sigma and other Irregulars, as well as the effects of his involvement in the Elf Wars etc. Creating paradise in the form of Arcadia he freed himself, ironically by binding himself, and became at peace. With years and years of time presumably drifting in Cyberspace, it could be assumed that he reached his present appearance.

(...)
There is art with the 4 guardians standing around a mountain with X at the top. His back is facing the viewer and he is cyber, but his image seems to be his original body. I wish I could see it larger.
The artwork with the Big4 and X on the mountain, as sourced in canon resources, was not involved in any part of the story's lineage. It was only artwork, a mere interpretation of anything and everything.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 02:29:54 PM
I came up with a quick mockup/trace over Zero of what I think he looked like according to the art and sprites

The only issue I can see with that image is that unlike Copy-X, X does not have any blue on his abdomen to connect his hips and chest. Also, I personally feel that his chest should be light blue or gray, but the Z2 sprite disagrees with that... So.. the only issue in terms of accuracy is really just the abdomen.

was not involved in any part of the story's lineage. It was only artwork, a mere interpretation of anything and everything.

This is untrue. Inti has always been very careful about having even the smallest of details be considered in the canon. In regards to that piece of art, they say that despite that artwork (which was created because of Nakayama being generous with his artwork), they still died at the end of ZERO3 whilst protecting Zero from the explosion.

In the conversation between Aizu and Nakayama, it's mentioned that Nakayama is not quite certain about where in the timeline that event goes. And Aizu elaborates that the timeline and events of that image are 'a little fuzzy', so they just threw it in there. This doesn't say that it's not part of the timeline, simply that they haven't quite figured it out yet.

Inti's track record here is "entrusting everyone to use their imagination" and "making complicated explanations real fast". They truly dislike having to label anything as non-canon, therefore it's only a matter of time for them to figure out how it's supposed to work. At the time of MMZOCW's writing they simply hadn't quite done that yet, as their retcon of the Big4's deaths to transition toward ZX was still very recent.

Offline Tempo

• Yellow Lancer
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 03:19:35 PM
The only issue I can see with that image is that unlike Copy-X, X does not have any blue on his abdomen to connect his hips and chest. Also, I personally feel that his chest should be light blue or gray, but the Z2 sprite disagrees with that... So.. the only issue in terms of accuracy is really just the abdomen.

To me, the sprite of X's body shows a blue abdomen that is separated by a 1px thick black line to show the difference between it and the chest. The blue extends up a little. If the abs were black, I think black would extend down because the Zero style pelvic covers are slim and low.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 04:40:52 PM
To me, the sprite of X's body shows a blue abdomen that is separated by a 1px thick black line to show the difference between it and the chest. The blue extends up a little. If the abs were black, I think black would extend down because the Zero style pelvic covers are slim and low.

The sprite shows a green/black separation line between chest and hip. This is the same color as the upper arms and legs, which you colored black. His art for Yggdrasil as well implicates something much closer to the X of the X-series than what Copy-X's abdomen looks like.

Offline Tempo

• Yellow Lancer
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 08:03:10 PM
I dunno. I think if they wanted to make a two piece armor, they woulda' made it look like something on the right.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 08:05:47 PM
I'd appreciate if Inti made a small series(3 or 4 games) about the Elf Wars. Same team as the MMZ series. X and Zero playable.

Then we would also know what X looked like.

Offline Tempo

• Yellow Lancer
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 08:11:49 PM
Yeah or at least art showing stuff from the Elf Wars. I'd even be happy with just that. They'd have to call it something odd like Rockman X to Z or Rockman Zero: Elf Wars...or even better Rockman Zero Zero. :D

Offline Musashi-COM

• Net Navi
  • No worries, mate
    • View Profile
    • MusashiAA's 8-bit Box
Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 08:40:22 PM
They'd have to call it something odd like Rockman X to Z or Rockman Zero: Elf Wars...or even better Rockman Zero Zero. :D

Rockman X to Z

<3

Offline Elpis TK31

• I WANT IT NAO
  • Robot Master
  • BOOBLIGHTS OR GTFO
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: December 23, 2009, 08:52:12 PM
I can't find the pic right now, but I have a pretty good depiction of what X's body looks like here in my MMZOCW, it shows X close up contained in Yggdrasil, I'm sure somebody has it.

RMZX E/53'39 N/57'27 H/1:02'01
When life is boring, knife some cows in RE4, it's hilarious!

Offline Tempo

• Yellow Lancer
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: December 23, 2009, 08:59:54 PM
The one where hes in the capsule? I used that for reference. Sadly everything is the color of the glass.

Offline Elpis TK31

• I WANT IT NAO
  • Robot Master
  • BOOBLIGHTS OR GTFO
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: December 23, 2009, 09:28:39 PM
Once again proving that I shouldn't drink and internet. damn I didn't even see those sentences.

RMZX E/53'39 N/57'27 H/1:02'01
When life is boring, knife some cows in RE4, it's hilarious!

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 09:50:42 PM
There's also that pic of Elpizo killing X which clearly shows that X's abdomen is some kind of light blue/gray.
e+ card 135-D001 Farewell, X