Rin · 59336

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #200 on: July 08, 2010, 11:57:21 AM
Hey, does anyone have any sort of tablature for the Special Stages in Sonic 3 & Knuckles? I kinda need it for a microgame I'm working on! Thanks! ^.^

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: July 28, 2010, 10:28:17 PM
Warning: My request involves a video, which has ear [twin slasher], so if you wish to help me, turn down the volume first.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRVtw5gpx6M[/youtube]

I want to know the source material for the first 30 seconds of this video.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #202 on: July 30, 2010, 11:12:44 PM
Altough technically not a request, I wanted to ask for some advice.

Basically my problem is related to my storywriting.

I made up a universe for certain series of stories. It's a vast place, full of super heroes, time travelers, evil organizations, extra-terrestrial gods/beings, good organizations, villains/super villains, cults, different species living in different sides of the cosmos and other stuff like that.
It's basically supposed to be a universe which parodies many things, but is also supposed to be able to stand on its own.

The problem comes in with... well... the plot. I have it more or less finished. All the major events, characters and [parasitic bomb] have been written down... for the most part.
But... I'm kinda afraid of starting writing it... cuz, well.

I tend to [tornado fang] things like this up.

What do I mean? Well the problem lies in me not being able to properly balance out the DRAMA and HUMOR. It's always like this... everything starts out lighthearted and humorous, then plot kicks in and SHITTY DRAMA SHITTY DRAMA NOT FUNNY NOT FUNNY AT ALL.

So I'm asking for a bit of advice... what would be a good way for me to balance this [parasitic bomb] out?

kthx

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #203 on: July 31, 2010, 08:46:56 PM
Altough technically not a request, I wanted to ask for some advice.

Basically my problem is related to my storywriting.

I made up a universe for certain series of stories. It's a vast place, full of super heroes, time travelers, evil organizations, extra-terrestrial gods/beings, good organizations, villains/super villains, cults, different species living in different sides of the cosmos and other stuff like that.
It's basically supposed to be a universe which parodies many things, but is also supposed to be able to stand on its own.

The problem comes in with... well... the plot. I have it more or less finished. All the major events, characters and [parasitic bomb] have been written down... for the most part.
But... I'm kinda afraid of starting writing it... cuz, well.

I tend to [tornado fang] things like this up.

What do I mean? Well the problem lies in me not being able to properly balance out the DRAMA and HUMOR. It's always like this... everything starts out lighthearted and humorous, then plot kicks in and SHITTY DRAMA SHITTY DRAMA NOT FUNNY NOT FUNNY AT ALL.

So I'm asking for a bit of advice... what would be a good way for me to balance this [parasitic bomb] out?

kthx
There's plenty of good examples on how to write a good story that balances out drama and humor. First of all, you need to make drama not be clichéd. You need to make FUN of cliché drama in the first place, so you can make way for actual drama, actual bad things that happen. Give the story required characters, like a Straight Man, a villain who recognizes how bullshit everything is, and maybe a few people who take the whole thing seriously.

Depending on how big the comedy goes, you have to balance your story from there. There are stories which have comedy, but it's mostly goofy stuff that is part of the action, like Indiana Jones and Star Wars. Then there's stuff that has plenty of heavy in-your-face comedy, but manages to be quite insightful and have the necessary drama, like Transmetropolitan.

To quote a bad example, look at Devil May Cry 4, for example. They made a comedy, but COMPLETELY missed the mark with the awful dramatic-wannabe story. Only the Dante parts deserve praise. The Fallout trilogy, for example, manages to be really funny at parts, without losing all of the insightful plot moments.

It all depends on how your story is, the genre, style, type... Can I have more info about it?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #204 on: August 01, 2010, 12:57:33 AM
Thank, Most Excellent Superbat, for your reply.

So you want more info? More info you shall get. There are still some details I have not worked out yet, but they are mostly related to the "ancient" history of the world... so not that important.

So... for starters.

The story would be called "Twisted Reality", and it would be divided between into three/four separate mini-stories. Each focusing on different things.
The world is basically like this:
In the year 2013 a meteor fell from the sky, sending out a strange wave across the entire globe. Some people, got super powers out of it, or just simply mutated, while others were unaffected. The people who got SUPAH POWERS, were called "Supers", while the mutated ones were dubbed "The Condemned" (mostly because most of them became mindless monsters).

Then a war broke out, between Supers, The Condemned and humanity. Eventually, Supers got in on the good terms with humanity, and gang raped The Condemned. Then, a hero of that war, unified all the countries in the world, and created "The Great Emprie of Earth", and he himself became first emperor to rule this empire.
So. The story takes place 200/300 years after the creation of the empire. The world has currently entered the Heroic Age, where Super Heroes are popping up all over the world, to fight Super Villains... whether they be Supers, or normal humans.

Now, as I said... this thing will be divided into three/four mini-stories. These are all of them:

1. Saviors

It's about a guy named Ralies Darknoir, who works for an agency called "Helping Hand", which takes care of various problems people have. However, the truth is, that Helping Hand is part of an organisation called Guard, which protects the empire from all kinds of evil. Also keeps the Super Heroes in check.
Ralies is supposed to be a parody of a dark, serious and dark characters. He swears a lot and [parasitic bomb]. His powers ARE DARKNESS. The other two main charas are Adrien, a guy who is very, VERY smart but sometimes loses it all in certain moments(due to an unfortunate accident), and Violette, a Super who can only use her powers while playing an instrument, in her case it's a... violin.
Overall, this one is supposed to focus on SECRET ORGANIZATION side of things.

2. Legend of a Conqueror
It's about an evil overlord called Lord Everellion. This one is basically like Excel Saga. Everellion and his peeps are trying to conquer the world, but fail each time. However, Everellion at one point will meet with a mysterious woman named MU, who requires something of him, but doesn't reveal what.
Additionally, Everellio and his cheerleaders will often fighr with various other characters from the other storiers.
This one is suppoed to tell the story from a villains point of view.

3. OMEGA MAN.
It's about a teenager who is a Super Hero named Omega Man (GEDDIT?!). He is later joined by a girl who specializes in magic, nicknamed Abrakadabra(YES I'M SO ORIGINAL), and a guy who looks like a wannabe Tuxedo(the one from Sailor Moon), who just kicks everybody's ass.
In this story, everything is kinda "villain of the week", but it has it's own storylines. Omega Man will have to fight with villainous groups such as: Mafia Squirreltex, Team R(revolution), and his darker herself called Dark Man. WOW!
This one is supposed to show everything from the super hero side.

Now, for the last one... I'm not sure if I should include this in the story, but I can still tell you about it.

4. COUNT OF THE UNIVERSE

This one is about... a guy who refers to himself as Count Luminous. He is a strange, and pretty painfully honest man. He travels through space, using and item called the Damoleus Scepter.
Luminous is in fact a Techno Mage, from planet Tenmaorius, unlike The Doctor however, he dies when he's killed. PREMAMENTLY.
Luminous will travel the cosmos and fight evil beings such as: Kriegg, an evil race of robotic being who just exist to kill, Teuroids, another group of robots, this time resembling humans in every shape and form. They wish to replace humanity in the cosmos with themselves.
This one is supposed to be about cosmic side of TWisted Reality... but for obvious reasons I dunno if I should put it in.

WELL! That's a long post. But I can't really explain anything properly without this getting TL;DR. I still simplified everything the best I could, so if you wanna know more about something, let me know.

And sorry for all the spelling/grammatical errors. I kind tired, but can't sleep. D :

[OH [parasitic bomb]! I JUST REALIZED YOU ONLY ASKED ABOUT GENRE, STYLE AN TYPE... [tornado fang]... still, you should be able to more or less tell by my descriptions. ffff]

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #205 on: August 01, 2010, 02:05:55 AM
Quite informative. Now, if you don't mind me saying, that story pretty much uses every single cliché in the book. =P But as you said, funny's what you're going for, so alright, let's see. I STILL need you to tell me what you're going for, because this kind of story would work out quite well as a pure comedy, but I guess you can insert a bit of good plot in as well. The names are the worst I've seen in terms of cliché, so focus a few laughs on them, make sure the characters yell them dramatically and stuff while others arc ironically about them (a straight man always helps when dealing with self-narrating superhero nutjobs who take their justice roles too seriously. Heck, villains too. Make sure you insert alot of "dark" and "rage" and "revenge!" into their schemes).

and Violette, a Super who can only use her powers while playing an instrument, in her case it's a... violin.

Try not to make straight-off copies, specially when they're recently created characters in currently successful comics.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #206 on: August 01, 2010, 06:33:07 AM
What I'm going for is basically this:
Even tough it's supposed to be a complete comedy, parody and stuffs, it's also suppsoed to have a LOL SRS storyline.
Of course, that's only a disguise, because the plot is supposed to be as ridiculous as possible and borrow even more cliches in order to fuel even more comedy.
The characters from those different stories would often meet in a cross-over, to battle some very evil bad guy. There will be also a lot of time travel elements in all of them, dimension hopping too.
Of course, considering I'm crazy about continuity all events would be canon in each story. So for example, if something major were to happen like suddenly... well, Everellion were to conquer the world in his story, then it would also take effect in the other three stories.

I hope this time I provided enough information about what I'm going for.
Also, thanks for your advices, they are helpful.

OH and Violette is just basically of my own design, so she's not exactly a borrowed character or a parody. Unless you count the typical ANGRY [sonic slicer] GIRLFRIEND cliche.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #207 on: August 03, 2010, 07:05:00 AM
And so I am forgotten.
Oh well.
Still, thanks Most Excellent Superbat. Your advice helped me greatly. : >

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #208 on: August 03, 2010, 11:28:52 AM
Not forgotten, I just thought that was your conclusion.

Any more actual concrete stuff you need help about? Because other than that, you pretty much need to start writing the story and see how it turns out. Just set a good, balanced mood and you'll be fine.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #209 on: August 03, 2010, 12:10:05 PM
Not forgotten, I just thought that was your conclusion.

Any more actual concrete stuff you need help about? Because other than that, you pretty much need to start writing the story and see how it turns out. Just set a good, balanced mood and you'll be fine.
Oh, I see.
Well... I think that I don't need help with anything else... at least for now
Thanks again. : >

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #210 on: August 03, 2010, 12:12:35 PM
Anytime. Tell me if you want an opinion on the written story itself, or got any other questions.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #211 on: August 03, 2010, 01:44:50 PM
I want PB to be set on fire.

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #212 on: August 03, 2010, 02:01:18 PM
...but then you can't catch him!

Offline MadManX

• Supporter of Everything Epic!
  • Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #213 on: August 09, 2010, 12:15:51 AM
As for what the hell just happened here, I request that a writing room subsection of the forum should be made. Although I do admit I'd watch it just to see where this idea goes, I would like a place to post all my episode scripts so people can edit them and see reactions just before I make the episode.

Would be [parasitic bomb] loads of text and data to load, but if there were a spoiler rule, it could work.

(P.S. - I WILL have to rewrite episode 1 because of recording quality, so even if you want some laughs and don't want to help, you can see what the actors dealt with.)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #214 on: August 09, 2010, 12:59:50 AM
Are only Megaman-related stuff and fanstuff allowed in the Fan Creations forum? I'd like some opinions of a coupla short stories I wrote.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #215 on: August 09, 2010, 01:03:21 AM
Are only Megaman-related stuff and fanstuff allowed in the Fan Creations forum?
Quote from: Fan Creations' Description
Show off things you've created--pictures, sound, video, and lots more.

I'd say no. For the matter if you check most threads in there, it's rarely MM-related things.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #216 on: August 09, 2010, 03:49:25 AM
Why would we have mega man related stuff at RPM?

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #217 on: August 09, 2010, 03:54:54 AM
Yeah, but it IS called "Fan Creations". And it's original work, not really related to anything.

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #218 on: August 10, 2010, 02:02:50 AM
Great... the site i liked so much because of it's small ads finally screwed up. "Please take a Survey to watch this video."
WatchXonline.com is dead to me. -_-
No thanks... so my request is a site similar to it. It should have streams of various tv shows, animations and whatnot.
Ads are fine, i can block any with ABP. Just that i don't want one popping up every 2mins saying: Survery! Take one, get two. Here's a useless ad. ;O;
Youtube is okay, but it's hard to find a channel with either full episode lists or overall content.

Offline SUIKA

• Robot Master
  • It's a good thing I exist.
    • View Profile
    • IDC
Reply #219 on: August 22, 2010, 03:51:28 AM
I'd like to request some ADVICE.

What's the most advantageous form of.. Blogging? I hate that word. But right now I'm using livejournal and this is how I see it;

Livejournal: Good for socially heavy internet users and subsequent communities, like, a group of fan artists or fan fiction authors. Without such a social foundation, ones' livejournal is doomed to relative obscurity, like mine.

Blogspot: More accessible, widely known, can get a decent amount of exposure without the examples of a decent social foundation as given above.

Am I right, or wrong? Do I make the move to blogspot. As much as I love tumblr I don't think that'd be the best because, people seem to use tumblr to make random-image collections, really. Let's keep in mind that I live in some random island country in the middle of the ocean where people don't use the internet in these ways, really.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #220 on: August 22, 2010, 05:36:39 AM
Can someone direct me to the nearest Sonic the Hedgehog 3 OST download?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #221 on: August 22, 2010, 10:44:41 AM
http://forums.ffshrine.org/
But I can't seem to find a working link there so I'll just do it myself:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1eefdfu6gnusex0

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #222 on: August 22, 2010, 06:32:24 PM
Thanks. Just out of curiousity though, has anyone ever ripped the mugshots and common effects from PRINNY: CIRBTH? I am curious as to see why they stopped ripping stuff from that game (SE included)..

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Ryugaki

• Resistance Member
  • I Don't Get People... Never Have... Never Will...
    • View Profile
Reply #223 on: August 24, 2010, 02:36:37 AM
it seems that this thread also has "function" to ask for some advices so...
mind if I ask any of your advice(s)?

[spoiler= the problem]uhh...
let's just say that my girlfriend is over-jealous (she's always jealous to ANY girl whom I talked to... except my sister, of course...  -u-') yet, she didn't want to break up with me (no matter what I do, she won't break up with me)
of course, this may be my chances to "cheat on her" or something... but it really annoys me...
can anyone help me solve this problem?[/spoiler]

still, you may think this problem is a problem anyone can solve... but not for me...
and don't you suggest me to ask this problem to my parents or friends because I'm rarely talked to my parents and I only have few friends... and they're extremely busy with their college, too...

so please, help me...

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #224 on: August 24, 2010, 10:54:55 AM
it seems that this thread also has "function" to ask for some advices so...
mind if I ask any of your advice(s)?

[spoiler= the problem]uhh...
let's just say that my girlfriend is over-jealous (she's always jealous to ANY girl whom I talked to... except my sister, of course...  -u-') yet, she didn't want to break up with me (no matter what I do, she won't break up with me)
of course, this may be my chances to "cheat on her" or something... but it really annoys me...
can anyone help me solve this problem?[/spoiler]

still, you may think this problem is a problem anyone can solve... but not for me...
and don't you suggest me to ask this problem to my parents or friends because I'm rarely talked to my parents and I only have few friends... and they're extremely busy with their college, too...

so please, help me...
She's your girlfriend. You should, by very definition, be able to tell her straight how you feel about everything, and that you're unhappy about your relationship. Don't cheat on her, cheating is the most rotten thing you can do in any kind of relationship, and it makes you not only the bad guy, but someone who likes to hurt. Just go and tell her truthfully how you feel, and tell her that if she isn't willing to change how she feels, you don't feel this relationship is worth pursuing.