JEWEL SATELITE IS THE BEST SHIELD WEAPON EVER!

Elpis TK31 · 15349

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: November 27, 2008, 12:18:18 PM
You know, I realized that I really like the arsenal of MM9. The only weapon I like less is Laser Trident since it's basically just a stronger and bigger pellet.

Offline yanmaoption

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: November 27, 2008, 12:49:45 PM
You know, I realized that I really like the arsenal of MM9. The only weapon I like less is Laser Trident since it's basically just a stronger and bigger pellet with penetration ability.
Partially fixed
Not to mention that the scary Concreteman who doesn't want to die alone is weak against it.

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: November 28, 2008, 01:40:04 AM
MM9 pretty much has one of the best, if not the best arsenal of RM weapons ever.

Cmon, Metal Blade was lame, but Black Hole Bomb/Jewel Satellite is even worse.

Flok's favorites:

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: December 07, 2008, 09:27:51 AM
MM9 pretty much has one of the best, if not the best arsenal of RM weapons ever.

Cmon, Metal Blade was lame, but Black Hole Bomb/Jewel Satellite is even worse.

I think Megaman 9's weapon are useful to me, ever better if Fakeman already got his weapon.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: December 08, 2008, 05:52:26 PM
I kinda like how Junk Shield kills some smaller enemies as it's coming in to orbit Megaman.
...Too bad we got it in a game where such a trait was useless, considering most enemies were multi-hitters or charge shotters.

But, Jewel Satellite does its job very well, and even as solid as it is, you can shoot it in a direction you want to.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: December 17, 2008, 01:44:09 AM
I honestly don't know, perhaps Star Crash (tho that should be empty from use against the Wily Press)
Also, using the charged Rolling Shield against Sigma is...unpractical? I have to try it, but you would have to activate it as you jump of Sigma's claw, since that cancels CRS, *shrugs* oh and then again, there is the shield boomerang, OH so useful against SeraphX on Hard, reasonably useful against Elpis and Omega...yeah Rolling Shield doesn't have squat on it.

-Elpis
I'm all for the Jewel Satellite, but can you use other weapons while protected by it?  I think MHX's charged Rolling Shield has 1-up on most other shields for that reason (see broken usage of the Storm Tornado and Fire Wave while shielded).

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Elpis TK31

• I WANT IT NAO
  • Robot Master
  • BOOBLIGHTS OR GTFO
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: December 18, 2008, 01:08:24 AM
Now THAT is a point worth considering, I feel stupid for not using it in IHX more, save for getting the Hadouken easy.

The Shield Boomerang does have that quality too tho, and even helps in aiding the speed in wich regular attacks can be performed, wich is so unimaginably useful in Zero1 (I would never have gotten sub27 minutes on hard without it.), oh, and it reflects bullets that deal pity ass damage, but still enough to be of use (see Zero 2, Kuwagust's Mission).

What Rolling Shield does deserve props for is that it absorbs bullets while being a projectile weapon, not sure about IHX's, but I'm pretty sure that no other projectile weapon has that trait (at least not the way uncharged Rolling Shield has.)

At any rate, Jewel Satellite is the best shield weapon in the classic series, but thinking about it over all series, it does seem to be 1-upped by IHX's Rolling Shield and the Shield Boomerang, I'm putting Shield Boomerang on first place, seeing as how it's has the pro of be able to deal good damage to a more wide variety of bosses (even more so on Hard).

-Elpis

RMZX E/53'39 N/57'27 H/1:02'01
When life is boring, knife some cows in RE4, it's hilarious!

Offline Duke87

• Not an Interstate
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: December 18, 2008, 02:25:28 AM
The shield boomerang is rather meh. It has limited coverage. Doesn't protect you against attacks from above, behind, or below at all. I never use it much. Jewel Satellite, on the other hand, is rather broken.

Can't comment on IHX as I've never played it (I don't have a PSP).

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #58 on: December 18, 2008, 02:38:50 AM
At face value it's meh, but apparently there're hidden tricks.