Want Legends 3? Get Ready To Make Your Voices Heard!

Protodude · 23723

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #75 on: December 07, 2009, 02:08:45 AM
Eh, I think I said enough. I guess hentai doesn't really intrest me much.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #76 on: December 07, 2009, 03:00:42 AM
Obviously I haven't drawn enough then. >:|

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: December 07, 2009, 07:46:54 PM
You had hentai?! I must have missed it but Legends so popular on the hentai circle. Would Legends work as  a harem?

Offline ಠ_ಠ

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: December 07, 2009, 10:41:22 PM
Moar Yuna plz. XD
[tornado fang]ing SECONDED!

You didn't see my Denise, did ya?
Could I please get the in a PM?

Previously Zerokun.
If it moves, shoot it; if it doesn't move, well......shoot it anyway.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #79 on: December 08, 2009, 01:28:01 AM
Sure thing.
It has been sent.

Anyway, today, I feel like sketching PG-13 stuff.
So I think I will draw many more Legends characters.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: December 08, 2009, 02:37:03 AM
Can you PM me some as well Centaur?

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #81 on: December 08, 2009, 02:43:18 AM
Yeah sure.
Anyway, I've begun a sketch of Roll.
Will post in my thread when it's done.

And if anyone has any character requests, feel free to go right ahead, either here (if I/we don't get told to keep it out of this thread) or in my artsy thread.

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: January 14, 2010, 06:07:07 AM
gives me an error.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline dragontamer272

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Reply #84 on: July 05, 2010, 05:58:51 AM
It would be a great idea if Mega Man Legends 3 were to be made for the on-coming Nintendo 3DS.

Visit my art gallery at deviantart today. http://dragontamer272.deviantart.com/

Yes, I am now one of those so-called "Bronies".

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #85 on: July 05, 2010, 06:29:59 AM
Nice necropost.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline ಠ_ಠ

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: July 05, 2010, 03:54:33 PM
I know there's some rule about responding to necroposts, but the content of dragontamer's post warrants a response.

So Legends 3 on 3DS; NO. It's a nice idea, but I think we deserve the better graphics that consoles can provide. Also, I was hoping for a game so long that it took up the whole 50GB of a blu-ray disk, instead of one that was trimmed short to fit into the limited space of a DS card (512 megabytes I think).

Previously Zerokun.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: July 05, 2010, 04:20:01 PM
I know there's some rule about responding to necroposts, but the content of dragontamer's post warrants a response.

So Legends 3 on 3DS; NO. It's a nice idea, but I think we deserve the better graphics that consoles can provide. Also, I was hoping for a game so long that it took up the whole 50GB of a blu-ray disk, instead of one that was trimmed short to fit into the limited space of a DS card (512 megabytes I think).

I'm going to respond to this in an adventure book kind of way, choose your own answer:

A.) You do realize that if the game was made to be that large, there'd be quite a hefty dev time for it, right? Metal Gear Solid 4, the only game that's so far using the max storage space of a blu-ray disc (IIRC), has most of that space dedicated to some ridiculously high quality sound direction and music. Those are the only things that are making the overall game so huge.

B.) He said 3DS, not DS. 3DS is capable of using 2GB sized game carts from the jump with a high chance of larger capacities coming soon. Either way though, what difference does it all really make whether or not a game releases on one or the other? If it has the gameplay and fun of the past games with something new (be it because of innovation or straight up game design) for us who wanted a sequel, I really doubt a platform choice should matter much.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #88 on: July 05, 2010, 05:27:05 PM
Some expansions to Brother Darkness's comments:

A.) You do realize that if the game was made to be that large, there'd be quite a hefty dev time for it, right? Metal Gear Solid 4, the only game that's so far using the max storage space of a blu-ray disc (IIRC), has most of that space dedicated to some ridiculously high quality sound direction and music. Those are the only things that are making the overall game so huge.
Truth.  Seriously, no game ever used anywhere *NEAR* 50GB worth of coding.  You're talking about bloated streamed media.  Recall that even the X-Box 360 is still using standard DVDs.  We naturally expect voice acting in Legends, but I'm still looking for a game and not a movie.

Using 2GB carts puts the 3DS slightly above the storage capacity of a dual-layer UMD.  More than enough.  MHX threw in a half hour anime clip and a MMPU demo and still weighed in at less than a quarter of that.

B.) He said 3DS, not DS.
On that same note, the 3DS's visual capabilities are pretty awesome.  Not impressed by Kid Icarus's visuals?  (I'd say you're nuts, but...)  No reason you should be when you look here.  3DS specs were not finalized when Sakurai began work on Kid Icarus; hell he didn't even know the system would use 3D images.

Legends uses an anime-inspired style that doesn't really demand a lot of horsepower to feel right; even the PS2 can handle such a style rather competently (see MegaMan X Command Mission or the DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi series).  Surely the 3DS is more than capable.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 12:58:19 AM by Hypershell »

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #89 on: July 05, 2010, 06:26:43 PM
Legends uses an anime-inspired style that doesn't really demand a lot of horsepower to feel right; even the PS2 can handle such a style rather competently (see MegaMan X Command Mission or the DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi series).  Surely the 3DS is more than capable.

Just the answer I was waiting for. High five, Hypie~ ^^o

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: July 05, 2010, 08:17:47 PM
[tornado fang] the 3DS. Legends shouldn't be bound to a handheld. It needs to be a current console generation release, just like the other two. I want it on my nice big HDTV screen, in HD resolution, with a controller that wont cramp my hands cause the unit is too damn thin and small.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #91 on: July 05, 2010, 08:50:48 PM
We all want the prettiest display we can get.  Miyamoto himself wants his games to be in HD.  But one needs to stop and think about what is practical.

In all its history Legends has always been underrated.  HD development means higher cost, which Capcom would likely frown upon for what they at best see as a cult revival.  They barely approved a development team of 20 for a Classic-series revival, for crying out loud.

And call this console fanboyism if you must, but I think trying to push MegaMan on the "stereotypically hardcore" crowd represented by HD consoles is an exercise in futility.  Ever since the PS2 made gaming "cool", Capcom has been trying to push X, Classic, and Legends in their camp, both console and handheld, and it NEVER WORKED.  No matter how good the games are they don't get the recognition they deserve.  We don't need L3 turning into another MHX.  I'm not saying this just so I can play it; if need be I'll happily buy an XBox360 L3 disc and camp at my brother's house.  But I don't believe it's what's best for the series.  MegaMan is oldschool, whether it has an NES can of paint on it or not, and Capcom needs to get that through their heads.

BTW, Objection Man, no offense, but it sucks to have your hands.  I'm 6'4" and have never found a pair of work gloves that actually fit, and even I can play handhelds without cramping.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline ಠ_ಠ

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: July 05, 2010, 11:58:53 PM
50GB worth of coding.

When I said a game that took up 50 gigs, I meant one with 3D models that had extremely high polygon counts (or whatever you call high resolution 3D models) and was long enough that it needed lots of space for all the different places that Trigger and friends would travel to.

Previously Zerokun.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: July 06, 2010, 01:58:21 AM
When I said a game that took up 50 gigs, I meant one with 3D models that had extremely high polygon counts (or whatever you call high resolution 3D models) and was long enough that it needed lots of space for all the different places that Trigger and friends would travel to.

I hope you can support the amount of effort a game like that would take to produce when the asking price is 100 - 150 USD.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: July 06, 2010, 06:01:16 AM
Let me put it this way. It would take tons of funds for Capcom to make L3 for the consoles, and the very fact that the game hasn't been made yet is proof enough that it isn't worth the risk to them. The series was already in cult status as it is, and wouldn't benefit from the whole "revival" process that brought interest to other Capcom series in HD (Bionic Commando for example, which didn't do all that well if I recall well). The fact that they spent much less on reviving the classic series (which basically every old school gamer has at least heard of) also makes the likelyhood of L3 on consoles that much slimmer. It would be nice to have it as a full release on consoles, but logically it's just a pipedream.

Frankly, if they ever get to it there's two ways that stand a much larger chance of working:
1) On handheld, where the development cost would be low, or
2) by Episodic content, much like Sega is planning on doing for Sonic 4.