What's up with ZX3?

OmegaZ · 65396

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #200 on: November 29, 2009, 09:50:05 PM
I didn't realize you could play as any other model other than ZX for bosses. It's just so overpowered that there really is almost no point to switching forms once you get it. Hell, outside of that, I never used ANY of the boss forms aside from the Generals.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: November 29, 2009, 10:08:21 PM
Copy X always seems to be weak against Ice.

Zero's thinking:

"****, I really wish I had that Absolute Armor right about now..." XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #202 on: November 29, 2009, 10:40:24 PM
I didn't realize you could play as any other model other than ZX for bosses. It's just so overpowered that there really is almost no point to switching forms once you get it. Hell, outside of that, I never used ANY of the boss forms aside from the Generals.
Thats thinking INSIDE the box though.
You gotta think OUTSIDE the box, and not need to abuse the spinning slash.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #203 on: November 30, 2009, 12:33:45 AM
I usually use whatever elemental weakness too my atvantage, and abuse Zx (Or, if I'm not playing ZXA, Ox) when I run out of BM

It works.

Something weird happened to my banner, please wait while I find a new one.

*Elevator music starts playing*

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #204 on: November 30, 2009, 03:01:01 AM
Really now, surely Model ZX is useful for every battle, but it's just plain shortsighted to list it as the best choice of attack. Indeed with someone like Chronoforce you might want to opt for someone completely different due to the range and attack angle; close quarter combat on him might be effective, but dangerous.

Yeah, but y'see, the problem is that Zx is the default. Against certain bosses, certain forms may be better that Zx, but Zx is still extremely good, and in a lot of the cases still the best. You shouldn't be able to pick one form and easily complete the entire game with it, but you can. There's not really much point switching when you have model DO EVERYTHING.

Except well I guess you can't get past most of the form specific puzzles but whatever.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #205 on: November 30, 2009, 03:36:45 AM
Thats thinking INSIDE the box though.
You gotta think OUTSIDE the box, and not need to abuse the spinning slash.
And there's the problem. Why explore outside the box when inside the box utterly destroys everything? Why take the zig-zagy scenic route when you can just go direct? If Capcom wants to make the other forms more useful, they have to make the other forms more versatile and powerful. As it stands, the main forms are far more powerful and versatile than most of the others. Chronoforce serves well in slowing down time, sure, but stuff like Biofrost and Queen tend to be pretty lackluster. I can't remember using Deeburn more than smashing ice blocks.

I'm all for the boss forms, but they needed to be much more versatile instead of "outside the box" strategies or one or two uses in the main stages.

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #206 on: November 30, 2009, 03:48:45 AM
See, that's why nobody uses psuderoids.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #207 on: November 30, 2009, 05:17:26 AM
With all due respect, The pseudoroids were rather bad. their abilitieas were somewhat useful, but they weren't all too good.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #208 on: November 30, 2009, 05:29:18 AM
It was nice to play as bosses, sure. I loved how they handled Omega at least, but some of those bosses didn't lend themselves at all to be playable at all. They'd have been better off either making them adopt weapons, like the older games or some other way. All I know is that it was ambitious but it didn't work out too well.

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #209 on: November 30, 2009, 05:49:48 AM
It was a good idea, but the execution of the idea was bad, is all.

Offline Cobalt

• has a nice hat
  • Net Navi
  • orange is the new blue
    • View Profile
Reply #210 on: November 30, 2009, 02:35:02 PM
I actually think the pseudoroids have kinda the same function as the weapons in the other Megaman games, but applied differently.

See, normally you wouldn't use a weapon through the whole stage because it either wasn't practical or had limited ammo. In ZXA, instead of being limited thanks to limited ammo, you are limited because most forms are way too gimmicky to work outside of certain areas. Of course though, it might as well have been bad execution, but who knows.

...Of course again, this whole argument gets blown away if you consider bosses, since most can be beaten by Chronoforce + ZX with ease.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #211 on: November 30, 2009, 06:39:21 PM
Yeah, but y'see, the problem is that Zx is the default
And there's the problem. Why explore outside the box when inside the box utterly destroys everything?

I think the both of you need to replay Advent and realize when exactly the game gives Model ZX as an available form.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #212 on: November 30, 2009, 09:09:31 PM
Model H more than suits my needs until then.

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #213 on: November 30, 2009, 10:30:06 PM
You people are saying that ZX can do everything, I got killed many times trying to use ZX. You cant ZX the whole game people.

Like I said, ZX is a use in a pinch form, again, I use ZX only for when I'm low on health and need to spam triple attacks to survive or I'm out of BM.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #214 on: November 30, 2009, 10:30:59 PM
Suck less.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #215 on: November 30, 2009, 10:32:37 PM
You people are saying that ZX can do everything, I got killed many times trying to use ZX. You cant ZX the whole game people.

Like I said, ZX is a use in a pinch form, again, I use ZX only for when I'm low on health and need to spam triple attacks to survive or I'm out of BM.
people like to be cheap is the problem.
they prefer using it for EVERYTHING.
and while i often do, merely for the sake of lazyness, I know that it isnt he BEST model. Hard mode's taught me that. it FORCES you to make different choices about the model usage.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #216 on: December 01, 2009, 05:07:11 AM
I think the both of you need to replay Advent and realize when exactly the game gives Model ZX as an available form.

Before Zx you've just got A as the do everything model. I mean, what else are you gonna use against Siarnaq? Against Atlas? Condorock? Not to mention Deerburn/Chronoforce/Rospark, where you may as well not have a choice at all.

and while i often do, merely for the sake of lazyness, I know that it isnt he BEST model. Hard mode's taught me that. it FORCES you to make different choices about the model usage.

You just need to get better at dodging, is all. Once you're decent, it's a choice between a stun you don't need from elemental attacks, or just doing more damage with Zx. Damage is way cooler.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #217 on: December 01, 2009, 07:56:17 AM
Honestly, playing as Model ZX is almost no different than playing your plain old EX-Attackless Zero from the Zero series. If you can demolish the Zero series entirely in Hard Mode with Zero, Model ZX should not be any more different. It's pretty much just playing as Zero again.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #218 on: December 01, 2009, 08:15:58 AM
with a saber that breaks the damage barrier.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #219 on: December 01, 2009, 06:36:06 PM
And a prettier charge shot!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #220 on: December 01, 2009, 06:54:31 PM
with a saber that breaks the damage barrier.

It always did.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #221 on: December 02, 2009, 02:16:44 AM
I dont remember it being so [twin slasher] in the Zero series.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #222 on: December 02, 2009, 03:07:21 AM
I dont remember it being so [twin slasher] in the Zero series.

It was, but the presence of elemental charge-slashes sort of stole it's thunder (no pun intended).

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #223 on: December 02, 2009, 03:22:45 AM
Charge saber - 3 step combo - rising slash - sword plant. People really don't use this? Even with elements, this does a shitton.

Zero 1's is even more potent. You can [twin slasher] bosses with just the first slash.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #224 on: December 02, 2009, 03:48:33 AM
Doesn't work like that for me...  -_-

least not in z1 anyway. For the rest, the bosses are either too fast, or the combo slash is too slow.