What's up with ZX3?

OmegaZ · 66002

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: November 22, 2009, 10:26:14 PM
If Halo was full of references to old Rockmans, would that make it a good Rockman game? Gameplay is kind more important than homages.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: November 22, 2009, 10:38:46 PM
If Halo was full of references to old Rockmans, would that make it a good Rockman game? Gameplay is kind more important than homages.
His argument was that it was "made for the newer Generation of Megaman fans"
We were refuting that with how many nods to the PREVIOUS generations were there.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: November 22, 2009, 10:50:20 PM
My argument is that gameplay is more important that cameos. Because it is.

Or are you saying that if Halo did have bosses from old games in the background frequently it'd be made for old Rockman fans too?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: November 23, 2009, 12:08:32 AM
Gameplay is important. No ones arguing that. and ZX and ZXA have the same exact gameplay Megaman is known for. running and shooting.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: November 23, 2009, 12:24:38 AM
And transforming into a wasp and flying around, is it known for that? Getting lost looking for the next level, is that part of it? Cutscenes everywhere, maybe? Side missions where you have to find fruit for people?

I like both ZX games, but they're not really like the old ones, are they? Even if they do have references to box art.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: November 23, 2009, 12:57:01 AM
The basics are the same, and they follow the elemental system from Z1-4. Which is the formula they are based on. moreso on Z1's aspect of interconnected levels. I liked ZX 1's even if the map WAS crap. It encouraged exploration.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: November 23, 2009, 01:11:14 AM
So what are these basics again? The ones that are the same.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: November 23, 2009, 02:48:29 AM
I thought Mega Man's gameplay was just choosing one of the eight levels, beat the boss and gain his weapon, use new weapon on another boss until you beaten all the bosses and move on to the fortress levels where after going through all that danger, you finally face off against Wily.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: November 23, 2009, 03:47:09 AM
So what are these basics again? The ones that are the same.

running and shooting.

I thought Mega Man's gameplay was just choosing one of the eight levels, beat the boss and gain his weapon, use new weapon on another boss until you beaten all the bosses and move on to the fortress levels where after going through all that danger, you finally face off against Wily.

Replace Wily with different big bad depending on what century it is.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: November 23, 2009, 04:12:56 AM
Well, I guess ZX does still having running, and it does still have shooting. Except half the time it doesn't but let's just ignore that.

But if running and shooting is all it takes to make a game a Rockman game, there sure are a lot of them. Capcom should try and get royalties or somethin'.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: November 23, 2009, 04:14:41 AM
Hey, maybe they could use em to fund L3.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: November 23, 2009, 04:22:45 AM
Great idea, then we will get L3 AND ZX3 and possibly X9, destruction can dream, can he?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: November 23, 2009, 09:53:12 PM
Gameplay is important. No ones arguing that. and ZX and ZXA have the same exact gameplay Megaman is known for. running and shooting.

Those doubting that ZXA has the exact same gameplay.. they should go an play the game as Model a!

You can call me an idiot, I just stated it was an opinion of mine. I'm not stating it as a fact, or as though it's gospel. I just "feel" that way. No sense in getting irritated over an opinion that is stated to be as such, an opinion.

And I "feel" that way about that opinion you proclaimed.

Really now, if you're going to act "it's just an opinion" and feel no need to back it up, you shouldn't be voicing it like that in the first place. This is a forum, we debate opinions. That's what we do here. Sure, sometimes we fire bullets made of words at each other. But if all you care about is voicing your opinion and receiving some one else's opinion is a pointless exercise, then you're never going to see all sides of the spectrum.

To make clear what I mean, let me rephrase that; I can not understand how you would think ZX is not like the "Rockman" of old, if you do not react to the points we brought up in question of your opinion.

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: November 28, 2009, 08:34:13 AM
I can not understand how you would think ZX is not like the "Rockman" of old

It has retained all the elements from the older series, it just added a few things, looking back, it's basically like an improved Rockman. Sure, it may feel different, but in reality, it's the same thing, with a few extra features.

Something weird happened to my banner, please wait while I find a new one.

*Elevator music starts playing*

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: November 28, 2009, 08:41:43 AM
Instead of switching elemental weapons, you switch into forms, with elemental weapons.

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: November 28, 2009, 08:46:16 AM
Instead of switching elemental weapons, you switch into forms, with elemental weapons.

Uhhh, what?

Have you ever played ZX? Because that is pretty much the basis of the forms anyway. ::)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: November 28, 2009, 09:34:21 AM
Uhhh, what?

Have you ever played ZX? Because that is pretty much the basis of the forms anyway. ::)
Thats the point. He's complaining it isnt anything like the original Megaman, while it is actually just the same, like you said.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: November 28, 2009, 04:27:14 PM
Yeah but Classic had more robots to use like Gravity Man or Napalm Man, ZX still pretty much using the four guradians, Zero and X armors with Elementals. The Classic series had a wide variety of elements and powers to work with but we still get the elemental system from the Zero series where after awhile starts to ge pretty boring.

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: November 28, 2009, 05:00:45 PM
Fire-Ice-Thunder = Rock-Paper-Scissor

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #169 on: November 28, 2009, 09:17:07 PM
If you're going to object to modifying the Classic-series formula, at least use the original-original.  It's SIX Robot Masters, anything more is of the devil.

You know, as long as we're denouncing expansions and all.

Yeah but Classic had more robots to use like Gravity Man or Napalm Man, ZX still pretty much using the four guradians, Zero and X armors with Elementals. The Classic series had a wide variety of elements and powers to work with but we still get the elemental system from the Zero series where after awhile starts to ge pretty boring.
The elemental system isn't the same thing as weapon acquisition.  Every Pseudoroid in both ZX games gives you SOME ability.

The three-element system was really a half-assed way to apply weapon weaknesses despite the fact that Z1's weapons were not designed with boss weaknesses, or even boss acquisition for that matter, in mind.  For ZX, where later bosses expand existing forms, it works to some degree.  But for ZXA when you have 13 unique boss forms, the redundancy of the system really starts to shoot the game in the foot.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: November 28, 2009, 10:42:20 PM
Either way, they kept the same formula, each boss is weak against something.

Just gotta figure it out.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: November 28, 2009, 11:22:39 PM
That's not true. In Z and ZX, there are always bosses without a weakness.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #172 on: November 28, 2009, 11:26:47 PM
In Z1 there was some matter of unpredictability to the weakness of bosses which had no apparent element, in particular Maha Ganeshariff, Anubis Necromancess, and Asura Bazura.  That never really happened again as every Zero/ZX game since adhered strictly to the element-triangle, leaving future neutral-element bosses with no weakness at all.  

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: November 28, 2009, 11:47:25 PM
That's not true. In Z and ZX, there are always bosses without a weakness.

But I noticed even with neutral bosses, there was always an element that did more damage than another.

An example would be with Burble Hekelot in Z2, Thunder did the most damage, but was he a fire element? No, and the other 2 elements did less damage than that.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: November 28, 2009, 11:56:43 PM
Copy X always seems to be weak against Ice.