Rin · 37963

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: November 13, 2009, 04:08:24 PM
Forte
Burai

Well, event chips confirmed, which means the PA involving Burai is like Dark Messaiah in a way >_>

Now, someone get to hacking these please.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: November 13, 2009, 04:23:45 PM
Forte
Burai
Oh you gotta be kidding me.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: November 13, 2009, 04:27:34 PM
Well, every event chip/cards look like that until activation, so it was to be expected.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #53 on: November 13, 2009, 10:16:09 PM
Oh you gotta be kidding me.

Um, we do have the old one. ^^

Posted on: November 13, 2009, 16:38:50
Chip List

Videos:
Clock Man
SS Rockman
Forte
Burai

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: November 13, 2009, 10:55:20 PM
Well, every event chip/cards look like that until activation, so it was to be expected.
What, does that mean the game doesn't include the full content of the chip until you download something?  I hate that.

Chip List
It's interesting to compare this to the original game's chip list, because you can see attack ratings were changed all over the place, mainly increased, though ShadowMan's were decreased.  GutsPunch and BreakHammer now do more than twice the damage they used to!  (Does that mean BusterPunch is super awesome now?)

I still wonder what some of the Japanese names would translate to.  I never did quite get what "Remobit" was supposed to mean.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: November 13, 2009, 10:59:36 PM
Videos:
Clock Man
SS Rockman
Forte
Burai

That poor Met.  Come on, MegaMan.EXE.  There's no need for THAT!

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: November 13, 2009, 11:18:18 PM
Does anyone know if you keep SS-Rockman as playable even after the scenerio of Clockman.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: November 13, 2009, 11:24:49 PM
You get a key item that lets you switch between SS Rockman and Rockman EXE after the Clockman fight.

Oh, should I merge this thread with the news topic? It's about the same game after all. o.o

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: November 13, 2009, 11:27:27 PM
Oh so wait, are the Armors still there, or were they really replaced with the character switch?  That's what it looked like to me in a screenshot of the status screen.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: November 14, 2009, 12:07:45 AM
Wait.
So there's a chip with Burai... do you actually get to fight him in the game?
That would be kind of sweet.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: November 16, 2009, 08:06:55 AM
Oh wow, that Burai Animation... Damn you Capcom for wrecking intrest in this game by making it a Pile of [parasitic bomb]. Still gonna buy it because I don't have EXE 1 anyway....  >8| Nothing bad about it, but it could've used EFFORT. Hooray for Hipocrasy.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: November 16, 2009, 09:19:49 AM
Burai's sprite...
Looks terrible...

And so basically, this is just EXE 1 with the reverse SF scenario? (aka instead of Geo finding Megaman EXE, Megaman finds him) all Clockman is is just a minor plot device boss?

Its amazing how when we just heard about this game, I figured that SF megaman would have his own story. As in, he get sent to the past and clockman was going to do some [parasitic bomb] and there'd be an entirely new final boss.

But noooo. Thats too much effort, isnt it.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #62 on: November 16, 2009, 07:59:07 PM
http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.com/2009/11/guest-post-operate-shooting-starace.html
It's a DS "port plus alpha" of a GBA Capcom hit which spawned a successful franchise, marketed as a 'revival' of the series
Makes alot of sense.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: November 16, 2009, 10:07:23 PM
Well, I just did the SSR scenario. Eh, it was kinda fun at least, and Clockman>most EXE1 bosses. Subaru's lock-on is kinda weird, you can use it with some chips that don't really need it (cannons, however unlike in his games, it doesn't even move him forward), but some that could use its help (elec ring chips) can't use it. That and the lock on only targets forward, no diagonals. EXE has the better buster, Subaru's charge only has one level and his buster fires slower (not to mention he can't move while firing).

Burai's sprite...
Looks terrible...

Wait until you hear this, they only reused the same sprites that one of Clockman's attacks uses, they didn't even care enough to actually give him an unique animation for his chip.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: November 16, 2009, 10:19:28 PM
Subaru's charge shot does 30 damage, even when he shares Saito's buster levels. '>.>

But when you max out the Rapid level, it can be very deadly, specially against Dream Virus and some other bosses.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: November 17, 2009, 03:30:41 AM
Hey, I just noticed the Chip List was updated with all the letter codes that each battle chip is available in.  It looks mostly identical to the original list, only Geddon2 I was replaced with Q, a whole bunch of weaker chips had one letter replaced by *, Barrier is only available in *, HeavyGauge and QuickGauge are only available in * and the letter you buy them in, and most of the Recover chips' codes are completely different, when originally they were all ACEGL just like MetGuard.

Hmm, why doesn't MetGuard come in * code like in the later games?  And wait, weren't some of the Navi chips supposed to have * codes too?  I remember there being a GutsMan * in a preview.  Now it looks like SkullMan only comes in D code, never S, and ShadowMan only comes in T code.  Huh?  Why T code?  I understand they had too many S code Navis, but what could the T possibly stand for?  Triple, as in Three ShadowMen or Throwing Three Shadow Blades?  And why didn't they change anything to W so you could use WoodMan together with something else?

By the way, IceCube needs a carriage return after its codes on that page.

Offline GameSaver

• WANNA BE STARTIN' SOMETHIN'
  • Net Navi
  • DON'T STOP TIL YOU GET ENOUGH
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: November 17, 2009, 07:53:44 AM
Burai has a well toned butt in those sprites of his. :p

I really hope this brings on a new era of EXE games, I enjoyed the series and would like to some some more installments, especially now that the DS system can bring so much more to the game's potential and can add to be bigger than the games on the GBA systems.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: November 17, 2009, 09:06:54 AM

Wait until you hear this, they only reused the same sprites that one of Clockman's attacks uses, they didn't even care enough to actually give him an unique animation for his chip.
So...? The way i remember it, all Boss chips do that. They do one o the bosses attacks. :\
Dunno though,  I've only played 3 Blue and 6 Falzar... Aaaand thats how it is there too...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: November 17, 2009, 09:49:09 AM
..Wow... the sprites for ClockMan and Rogue are terrible. I've seen the people at Sprites Inc. do MUCH better jobs.

Those videos only showed me just how cheap and poor this game is overall. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if this was never brought over since it looks like a huge waste of effort.

And here I was thinking Geo would explore 20XX and screw around with the past a little, like a time cop of some sort before bumping into the MegaMan.EXE. That would have been a much more interesting and fresh take on the title, not a repeat of an 8-year-old game with some minor changes.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: November 17, 2009, 04:19:57 PM
So...? The way i remember it, all Boss chips do that. They do one o the bosses attacks. :\
Dunno though,  I've only played 3 Blue and 6 Falzar... Aaaand thats how it is there too...

Yeah, but I mean, for an event chip you'd think they'd actually try to make it look decent.

And here I was thinking Geo would explore 20XX and screw around with the past a little, like a time cop of some sort before bumping into the MegaMan.EXE.

That really is how it should've been, but sadly it is not.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: November 17, 2009, 04:44:48 PM
Good to see, I'm not the only one who's very disappointed in this crap. : /
I feel very bad for getting excited about this.
: <

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: November 18, 2009, 11:42:50 PM
I just checked GameFAQs, and it says there's a button code that unlocks GutsMan *.  Do you think there are more like that?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: November 18, 2009, 11:51:07 PM
Yeah, but I mean, for an event chip you'd think they'd actually try to make it look decent.
Please remind me of how much effort is in this game to begin with?
That really is how it should've been, but sadly it is not.
I think we ALL thought that Geo would have his own story. like, EXE1 + star force. I mean, with a cool name like Operate shooting star, and FUTUREMAN geo, you would expect that you start out as megaman, eventually meeting Geo, and then the story deviates from exe1 from there. with Clock man, and a new final boss. you'd expect as much.
but no. Its just a port + an extra character. with a few minor enhancements such as new mugshots.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: November 19, 2009, 12:20:13 AM
Please remind me of how much effort is in this game to begin with?

True XD

I think we ALL thought that Geo would have his own story. like, EXE1 + star force. I mean, with a cool name like Operate shooting star, and FUTUREMAN geo, you would expect that you start out as megaman, eventually meeting Geo, and then the story deviates from exe1 from there. with Clock man, and a new final boss. you'd expect as much.
but no. Its just a port + an extra character. with a few minor enhancements such as new mugshots.

I don't even need a new final boss, things should've gone like this IMO

-Meeting with Subaru happens early, not almost until the [tornado fang]ing end -__-
-Small scenario leading to a boss battle with SSR, and after the battle you can find him like any other navi in the internet instead of only being able to fight him once (either that or they should've let you rechallenge him through your PET, seriously -__-)
-From that point on game proceeds as normal with some new smaller scenarios caused by Clockman messing something up between the usual scenarios (maybe some during the EXE1 scenarios too).
-Clockman scenario after Bombman, he's not destroyed and escapes to fight you again during the usual ending boss rush.
-Fight Dream Virus as usual, but the ending also includes some SSR and the last scene in the game should be Subaru leaving with Misora back to their time.
-Then finally the post-game scenario should add Burai time traveling for some reason (with him it's easy to come up with plenty XD) and Subaru returning to stop him. Also a Forte and Burai double boss battle for fanservice.

Anyways, does anyone have translations for the conversations with Subaru? I'm specially interested in the one where they both show each other a photo of their mom >.> Also the one where Subaru discusses what it's like inside a PET XD

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #74 on: November 19, 2009, 02:46:25 AM
I was listening to AVGN - Nintendo Power.
And he said: Clockman.
Wait what, the Clockman?

The Coro Coro Winner.

The offical Capcom character.

And the Nintendo Power.