GENERAL COMIC BOOK THREAD (MANGA NOT ALLOWED)

Rin · 208695

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #725 on: October 02, 2010, 03:13:39 AM
I think they ended the intro arc there extremely well. I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

[spoiler]
Plus, Scrooge McDuck! XD
[/spoiler]

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #726 on: October 02, 2010, 10:16:16 AM
Inching towards Final Crisis. Loving the Green Lantern stuff. The Secret Origin books are really helping fill in alot of gaps for me.

The Batman RIP stuff on the other hand.. Eh, it's not bad, but eh.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #727 on: October 02, 2010, 10:23:32 AM
GL is easily my favorite comic out right now!

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #728 on: October 02, 2010, 11:37:47 AM
GL is easily my favorite comic out right now!
That and GL Corps are quickly becoming favorites in DC and it makes me sad I've missed out on so much. But, from GL: Rebirth on has seemed like a damn good time to get into Green Lantern. Once I get all caught up, I'm thinking about jumping back into the older stuff and reading the best of it as well as Rayner's stories when he was the so called "Last" Green Lantern. He seems to be my favorite right now.

Also just finished Batman RIP. Truth be told, that little reveal on Doctor Hurt felt more like "how far can we take this before people go 'what the [tornado fang]'?". With what I know of Batman's fate in Final Crisis and what I've heard about Batman 701 and 702, I'm really not too high on Morrison's writing at the moment. I'm trying to give it a chance though, waiting for that big pay off moment where everything leaves you in a state of "Oh [parasitic bomb]". Hope I find it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #729 on: October 02, 2010, 11:47:55 AM
That and GL Corps are quickly becoming favorites in DC and it makes me sad I've missed out on so much. But, from GL: Rebirth on has seemed like a damn good time to get into Green Lantern. Once I get all caught up, I'm thinking about jumping back into the older stuff and reading the best of it as well as Rayner's stories when he was the so called "Last" Green Lantern. He seems to be my favorite right now.

Yeah, the GL universe is, IMO, the best thing out in DC right now, and it has been since Rebirth. As for the older stuff, Kyle Rayner is my favorite GL. I loved his time as the last GL.

Also just finished Batman RIP. Truth be told, that little reveal on Doctor Hurt felt more like "how far can we take this before people go 'what the [tornado fang]'?". With what I know of Batman's fate in Final Crisis and what I've heard about Batman 701 and 702, I'm really not too high on Morrison's writing at the moment. I'm trying to give it a chance though, waiting for that big pay off moment where everything leaves you in a state of "Oh [parasitic bomb]". Hope I find it.

The thing with Morrison is, you have to like his writing and you have to be kinda use to it. I've followed him ever since his run on JLA, and I loved it. But it's understandable, so don't be surprised if it doesn't do it for you. With Morrison, it's usually a like or dislike relationship. XD

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #730 on: October 02, 2010, 09:38:07 PM
The thing with Morrison is, you have to like his writing and you have to be kinda use to it. I've followed him ever since his run on JLA, and I loved it. But it's understandable, so don't be surprised if it doesn't do it for you. With Morrison, it's usually a like or dislike relationship. XD
I just don't like ridiculously contrived and Morrison's writing is right there on the edge of it. I will say it's far from the worst writing I've read, just not my kind.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #731 on: October 02, 2010, 09:49:06 PM
I just don't like ridiculously contrived and Morrison's writing is right there on the edge of it. I will say it's far from the worst writing I've read, just not my kind.

Fair enough. I'd say go back and read his JLA stuff from the 90's. You might like that Morrison. Plus, Rayner was on that team and had one of my favorite lines/panels.

"I'm your worst nightmare, pal. A Manga nut with a Power Ring!"

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #732 on: October 02, 2010, 10:03:39 PM
Fair enough. I'd say go back and read his JLA stuff from the 90's. You might like that Morrison. Plus, Rayner was on that team and had one of my favorite lines/panels.

"I'm your worst nightmare, pal. A Manga nut with a Power Ring!"
That's a great selling point, hahaha. I think I'll do just that once I get all caught up!

Man, I got Final Crisis Complete right here. 350+ pages of insanity. Let's Rock.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #733 on: October 02, 2010, 10:05:44 PM
That's a great selling point, hahaha. I think I'll do just that once I get all caught up!

Man, I got Final Crisis Complete right here. 350+ pages of insanity. Let's Rock.

LoL, GO FOR IT!

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #734 on: October 04, 2010, 03:58:05 AM
Well.. That was.. I don't know, I'll spoiler tag it if anyone else is like me and is only just now catching up with DC Events.

[spoiler]I don't even know what to think of it. I can't say it was good or bad because the further I got, the more convoluted it got. Like, the first half was going great. I had a good grasp of what was going on, there was complete chaos. Things with Superman Beyond got a bit.. Weird.. Like, once Mandrakk showed up, everything seemed to lose cohesion, but okay, it still ended up making sense.

Then Batman shot Darkseid. I will say, the moment made sense. All of time and space was collapsing in on itself because of Darkseid and Batman had only one choice. He had a bullet that could kill a god.

After that, though. Things just got [tornado fang]ing ridiculous. The miracle machine? What? I know I'm out of the loop, but god damn. After the Flashes outran Black Racer and Darkseid got his day [tornado fang]'d up by the Omega Beams, everything just.. It like collapsed. I tried to follow the [parasitic bomb], but at that point it was all just pictures of unexplained things going on while the text boxes explained nearly nothing. How does it end?

Superman wished for a happy ending? Are you [tornado fang]ing serious? I had to read wiki just figure out what in god's name was going on at that point.[/spoiler]

Whatever. At least that's over and I can start Flash: Rebirth, Blackest Knight, and all the other great stuff waiting for me.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #735 on: October 05, 2010, 01:48:09 AM
Hey! No hating on the Miracle Machine. It's a proud part of the Legion mythos! :P

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #736 on: October 08, 2010, 04:06:46 AM
Took a DC break. Jumped to Marvel. Issue #22 of Ultimate Spider-Man. [tornado fang], I forgot how awesome it is to have a hero actually go through stages of becoming a hero instead of "I got powers? YA'LL [tornado fang]'d".

Edit: Still reading Ultimate Spider-Man. Bendis is a great writer and his little comedy moments thrown into all the action are perfect. What with Quesada destroying 616 Peter Parker, Ultimate Parker is easily my favorite.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #737 on: October 08, 2010, 04:08:54 AM
Ultimate Spidey was always awesome. The problem is that Bendis, great writer that he is, tends to get very wordy at times, so much so that nothing actually happens for a good 4-6 issues at times.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #738 on: October 08, 2010, 04:22:19 AM
You know, I actually don't mind that. I'm in the middle of the issue where Aunt May is at her therapist and it's like "Woah" because you're really seeing a side of a the character that, as far as I can remember, isn't really there with the 616 May. Though, I am sure there is dialogue that's completely superfluous and removable, alot of it seems to fit perfectly and helps you go "Oh, so THIS is what's happening".

Also, Jean Grey and Spidey when they first meet? Ahaha, oh man. "Actually, you're the first guy in six months to not think of me naked"
"Oh.."
"..."
"..."
"Are you done?"
"..."
"..."
"Okay, now"
"..."
"Now"

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #739 on: October 08, 2010, 04:25:02 AM
so it's like DBZ in that regard? 8D

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #740 on: October 08, 2010, 04:25:43 AM
You know, I actually don't mind that. I'm in the middle of the issue where Aunt May is at her therapist and it's like "Woah" because you're really seeing a side of a the character that, as far as I can remember, isn't really there with the 616 May. Though, I am sure there is dialogue that's completely superfluous and removable, alot of it seems to fit perfectly and helps you go "Oh, so THIS is what's happening".

Also, Jean Grey and Spidey when they first meet? Ahaha, oh man. "Actually, you're the first guy in six months to not think of me naked"
"Oh.."
"..."
"..."
"Are you done?"
"..."
"..."
"Okay, now"
"..."
"Now"

It's fine sometimes. It pissed me off during the Hobgobin arc.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #741 on: October 11, 2010, 06:09:25 AM
Oh, I'm not there yet. I'm just about hit Ultimate Six.

----

God damn, read and finished like 14 issues of Battle for the Cowl, finished all of Final Crisis Aftermath: Dance and Flash: Rebirth.

What a day.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #742 on: October 11, 2010, 06:10:31 AM
Haha, keep it going, champ!

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #743 on: October 11, 2010, 06:17:24 AM
Haha, keep it going, champ!

I'm really knocking 'em down!

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #744 on: October 22, 2010, 08:40:20 PM
I've just read Batman & Robin 14 and 15. [parasitic bomb]'S GOIN' DOWN next issue.

Also!
I rise a question.
Where is Superbat? I haven't seen him post for some time now. What the hell?

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #745 on: October 25, 2010, 05:57:40 AM
Yes. First I disappear without a trace, then he vanishes, and then I reappear.

What up with dat?

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #746 on: October 25, 2010, 12:23:08 PM
Yes. First I disappear without a trace, then he vanishes, and then I reappear.

What up with dat?
Oh [parasitic bomb]...
You know what that means?

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #747 on: October 27, 2010, 06:14:02 AM
What are your thoughts on Superman's new look?

He reminds me of Light when he switches over to Kira mode.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #748 on: October 27, 2010, 06:21:06 AM
I'm looking forward to Superman: Earth One. It's been getting rave reviews.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #749 on: October 27, 2010, 03:17:54 PM
Speaking of GL an dSupermasn, is GL the most powerful hero? Eve more more so than Superman himself?