GENERAL COMIC BOOK THREAD (MANGA NOT ALLOWED)

Rin · 208689

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #250 on: July 20, 2010, 09:22:06 PM
You know what? I'm just gonna blame Marvel!  XD

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #251 on: July 20, 2010, 10:59:37 PM
Works for me! 8D

Seriously, everytime I read Marvel Cosmic (which actually gets SUPERIOR to DC stuff many times) I can't believe the rest of the Marvel books are where they are. I mean, they could have awesome potencial, but they've been very meh.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #252 on: July 21, 2010, 01:45:08 AM
In regards to Mark Waid quitting superhero comics, part of me thinks it has to more with the endless slaughterhouse the genre became since "Identity Crisis". Can't say I blame him if that's the case. But you know I do when I don't like what's happening in the comics I read?

...I write my own stories.  8D That's how I actually made my own superhero universe; though truth be told it started with a bloodbath in Part One that ended in redemption. Then it becomes fun, fun, fun and lighthearted.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #253 on: July 21, 2010, 02:00:16 AM
Negative thing about Marvel
[spoiler]
Needs no subtitle. You all know what it means.[/spoiler]

In regards to Mark Waid quitting superhero comics, part of me thinks it has to more with the endless slaughterhouse the genre became since "Identity Crisis". Can't say I blame him if that's the case.
If by "slaughterhouse" you mean a whole lot of killing, Waid's own arc on Amazing Spider-Man featuring the All-New, All-Different, All-Unlikely to Stick Around Vulture had someone being gutted in a reasonably graphic scene in something that was being pushed as "all ages" ever since Spidey's BND stunt.

Also for what I understand Waid's own creator owned stuff (Irredemable and Incorruptible) have a fair share of it, too. He of course never addressed what "made him stop collecting super hero comics" though he has said he will continue to write them, but then again most people say he just loves to start stuff.

...that Twitter stuff is also old news. Ah well. Anyway, a lot of people have some theories on the whole "can't have super heroes without GRIMDARK GOAR" or whatever filed under 'super hero decadence' which I find a bit interesting for those seeking for some food for thought.

Aside from Marvel Cosmic, and some other run-of-the-mill spandex in the same Universe, The Unwritten and The Walking Dead make me a happy camper. And that's it for comics I guess.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #254 on: July 21, 2010, 03:09:25 AM
[spoiler]
Needs no subtitle. You all know what it means.[/spoiler]
If by "slaughterhouse" you mean a whole lot of killing, Waid's own arc on Amazing Spider-Man featuring the All-New, All-Different, All-Unlikely to Stick Around Vulture had someone being gutted in a reasonably graphic scene in something that was being pushed as "all ages" ever since Spidey's BND stunt.

Also for what I understand Waid's own creator owned stuff (Irredemable and Incorruptible) have a fair share of it, too. He of course never addressed what "made him stop collecting super hero comics" though he has said he will continue to write them, but then again most people say he just loves to start stuff.

...that Twitter stuff is also old news. Ah well. Anyway, a lot of people have some theories on the whole "can't have super heroes without GRIMDARK GOAR" or whatever filed under 'super hero decadence' which I find a bit interesting for those seeking for some food for thought.

Aside from Marvel Cosmic, and some other run-of-the-mill spandex in the same Universe, The Unwritten and The Walking Dead make me a happy camper. And that's it for comics I guess.
Yeah, too bad that, while Marvel's cosmic stuff is ALWAYS great, their Earth-centered crap is given WAY more attention, and hasn't had the quality of its cosmic counterpart for... I dunno how long.

Funnily enough, Waid says that he still enjoys a few superhero stories, but can't take the crap of most comics, so he just quits. I say... isn't that the case with MOST comics nowadays? I mean, I'm hard-pressed to find anything I truly like in comics nowadays, and both Marvel and DC have put us through some amazing shitfests along the years. But when we got stuff like Morrison's Batman, Johns' GL/Flash, Giffen's Cosmic... why should we stop reading what WE LIKE? This is like quitting Lost because of Ugly Betty. Just because most stuff is bad, it doesn't mean we should stay away from the stuff that IS GOOD. Or else, the industry itself won't really feel any incentive to give us good stuff in the first place!

As to what drove him off, I'm hard pressed to find any kind of "slautherhouse mentality" nowadays. Sure, heroes die and come back at the drop of a hat, but honestly, the only one who died last week was Bullseye. And the guy was asking for it all this time, come ooooon.

(Engraçado, primeira vez que vejo um gajo online com o mesmo nome que eu. XD)

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #255 on: July 21, 2010, 04:03:16 AM
Yeah, too bad that, while Marvel's cosmic stuff is ALWAYS great, their Earth-centered crap is given WAY more attention, and hasn't had the quality of its cosmic counterpart for... I dunno how long.
I'm not sure if Marvel Cosmic was ALWAYS this great, but I'll be damned if Annihilation up to Thanos Initiative didn't kick all sorts of ass. They did a number on many characters brushed aside as some sort of jokes like Super Skrull, and brought back in fullswing characters that had enjoyed more time in the limelight like Nova in the past.

I honestly prefer Abnett and Lanning to Giffen thus far, but it's been one hell of a ride. I'm really hoping that Thanos Initiative sells enough to avoid the whole "hiatus" bullcrap.

Funnily enough, Waid says that he still enjoys a few superhero stories, but can't take the crap of most comics, so he just quits. I say... isn't that the case with MOST comics nowadays? I mean, I'm hard-pressed to find anything I truly like in comics nowadays, and both Marvel and DC have put us through some amazing shitfests along the years. But when we got stuff like Morrison's Batman, Johns' GL/Flash, Giffen's Cosmic... why should we stop reading what WE LIKE? This is like quitting Lost because of Ugly Betty. Just because most stuff is bad, it doesn't mean we should stay away from the stuff that IS GOOD. Or else, the industry itself won't really feel any incentive to give us good stuff in the first place!
When Waid made this statement, the things most hot off the press were Straczynski's announcement of his Superman stuff but what was REALLY 'hot' was Wonder Woman's "reboot" / new suit. JMS' one staple is messing with a character's origin after all.

Many people brought it to Waid asking if it was JMS or whatever but he just changed subject. Honestly to me that's just trying to hog attention, no matter how talented the man may be.

As to what drove him off, I'm hard pressed to find any kind of "slautherhouse mentality" nowadays. Sure, heroes die and come back at the drop of a hat, but honestly, the only one who died last week was Bullseye. And the guy was asking for it all this time, come ooooon.
Things were a little darker on Spider-Man's side on the "Grim Hunt" storyline (where Waid is one of the collective writers), what with Mattie Franklin (Byrne's Spider-Woman) being sacrificed and then fed to a werelion just to stay on the surface (the body count overall comprised 4 characters).

(Engraçado, primeira vez que vejo um gajo online com o mesmo nome que eu. XD)
(É normal considerar isso engraçado; é a resposta natural para um nome tão atraente. 8B Mas creio eu que não sou da mesma nacionalidade: aqui temos dublagens, e não dobragens.  8D)

Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #256 on: July 21, 2010, 05:17:42 AM
I'm not sure if Marvel Cosmic was ALWAYS this great, but I'll be damned if Annihilation up to Thanos Initiative didn't kick all sorts of ass. They did a number on many characters brushed aside as some sort of jokes like Super Skrull, and brought back in fullswing characters that had enjoyed more time in the limelight like Nova in the past.

I honestly prefer Abnett and Lanning to Giffen thus far, but it's been one hell of a ride. I'm really hoping that Thanos Initiative sells enough to avoid the whole "hiatus" bullcrap.
When Waid made this statement, the things most hot off the press were Straczynski's announcement of his Superman stuff but what was REALLY 'hot' was Wonder Woman's "reboot" / new suit. JMS' one staple is messing with a character's origin after all.

Many people brought it to Waid asking if it was JMS or whatever but he just changed subject. Honestly to me that's just trying to hog attention, no matter how talented the man may be.
Things were a little darker on Spider-Man's side on the "Grim Hunt" storyline (where Waid is one of the collective writers), what with Mattie Franklin (Byrne's Spider-Woman) being sacrificed and then fed to a werelion just to stay on the surface (the body count overall comprised 4 characters).
(É normal considerar isso engraçado; é a resposta natural para um nome tão atraente. 8B Mas creio eu que não sou da mesma nacionalidade: aqui temos dublagens, e não dobragens.  8D)
If everything goes as it should, Marvel Cosmic should proceed as normal. Thinking about it, I really DO hope they never really make any big crossovers with earth happenings. Because to be honest, I kinda think everyone who goes into space in Marvel somehow has AWESOME stories, only to come back to Earth and get shat on. Look at what happened to Hulk. Being shot into space was the best thing that could have happened to him. Heck, Tony Stark should have thrown EVERYONE into space. Then they'd all have awesome cosmic adventures, and people on Earth could live their lives as they wanted. I bet New York would lose most of its population, though. =P

I really don't get the need for so many reboots. I mean, I liked Geoff Johns' recent Secret Origins books for Green Lantern and Superman, but honestly? Superman already had a MUCH, MUUUUCH better canon origin placed with Birthright, which is probably the best Supes canon story ever written (although the one from the animated series was also very good). And did Hal Jordan's origins HONESTLY have to be tied so closely with Blackest Night? Feels like the character was born for that, and Emerald Dawn was such a terrific story back when it was written, that I don't get the need for the new origins. Are they going to cancel Year One's canon value soon, too?

MATTIE was killed? I haven't been paying alot of attention to Spider-Man for obvious reasons, but jeez, Mattie Franklin? The Saga of the Five was one of my favorite Spidey tales when I was a kid, and Mattie was pretty much the first Marvel character I remember well from Marvel canon, mostly because she seemed more carefree and happy amongst all of the dark and sad stuff that constantly happened to Peter. Why did they have to kill her? I swear, between this kind of stuff and Quesada's plans to rub OMD in our faces continuously with rebooted marriages and whatnot, makes me want to read Spidey less and less.

(É verdade. Já agora, por curiosidade, comics demoram tanto tempo a chegar aí como cá? Eu sei que a vossa editora distribui algumas da Marvel para cá (embora ainda estejamos no secret invasion), mas eu costumo comprar numa loja de importação que tem as versões americanas, excepto que estas demoram de uma semana a um mês a sair lá. Também é assim convosco?)

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #257 on: July 21, 2010, 05:26:45 AM
MATTIE was killed? I haven't been paying alot of attention to Spider-Man for obvious reasons, but jeez, Mattie Franklin? The Saga of the Five was one of my favorite Spidey tales when I was a kid, and Mattie was pretty much the first Marvel character I remember well from Marvel canon, mostly because she seemed more carefree and happy amongst all of the dark and sad stuff that constantly happened to Peter. Why did they have to kill her? I swear, between this kind of stuff and Quesada's plans to rub OMD in our faces continuously with rebooted marriages and whatnot, makes me want to read Spidey less and less.

I didn't really read Spider-Man before OMD, and BND never really piqued my interest aside from "American Son" which was more "Dark Reign" anyway. All Quesada ever succeeded was further fracturing the fanbase.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #258 on: July 21, 2010, 06:28:44 AM
I didn't really read Spider-Man before OMD, and BND never really piqued my interest aside from "American Son" which was more "Dark Reign" anyway. All Quesada ever succeeded was further fracturing the fanbase.

American Son was the ONLY good story to come out after OMD. Because it followed the classic Good Spidey Story Formula. At one point, he can't take it anymore, he flips out, gets serious, and [parasitic bomb] gets real. It's how Spidey atories get good. When Peter actually mans up and does WHAT HE HAS TO. He hasn't had any of those moments recently, which makes me sad.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #259 on: July 21, 2010, 06:57:58 AM
American Son was the ONLY good story to come out after OMD. Because it followed the classic Good Spidey Story Formula. At one point, he can't take it anymore, he flips out, gets serious, and [parasitic bomb] gets real. It's how Spidey atories get good. When Peter actually mans up and does WHAT HE HAS TO. He hasn't had any of those moments recently, which makes me sad.
I liked American Son myself for all these reasons (when Pete flips out and does his own take on the Mark of Kaine? That was pure badassery), but I think that BND had some very nice stories. Mainly because when they decided to go this new direction, they got writers who were interested in telling stories about Spider-Man, not redefining him or turning his world upside down every three months (SINS PAST! TOTEMIC POWERS! EATING MORLUN'S HEAD!).

Now OMD is just an unforgivable pile of stupidity, but what came after it is not necessarily bad - it becomes a bit of a "shoot the messenger" thing, but I can see why with the glorious failure that OMD was, though I don't support it. As far as Spidey's attitude, even prior to BND Peter was already a bit regressed to a manchild more than the character I grew up reading. But, honestly, I'll take the BND stories any day of the week over JMS's stuff. Simply not to my tastes, if anything. Nothing worthwhile told in BND needed a single Peter Parker either, but that only goes to show how off the rails Quesada was/is with ego.

I don't know why they decided to off speciffically her (though others also died;
[spoiler]Madame Web died and pretty much 'tucked her essence' or something in Julia Carpenter, the 2nd Spider-Woman, who was known as Arachne, who's now the blind fortune cookie teller of the Arachniverse; Vladimir (the Grim Hunter, killed by Kaine in the clone saga) was brought back by Mattie's death and was also killed back; Kraven's wife Sasha who had recently debuted and Kaine. But Kaine came back at the very last page of the issue.)[/spoiler], though it looks as if it's to give Anya Corazon ("Araña") some uniqueness (she's set to adopt the name of Spider-Girl in a few months).

Now if they had dragged in Jessica as well that'd be wholly understadable, but she's an object of Bendiswank. So... off-limits.

As far as super-hero origins being retconned/revamped/refit or whatever, that's inevitable. Especially on Marvel's case where they have to keep their characters' age within a certain range - that's why what war Punisher fought in or Iron Man was wounded in constantly shifts. Steve overrules it; Super Soldier serum is h4x.

(É verdade. Já agora, por curiosidade, comics demoram tanto tempo a chegar aí como cá? Eu sei que a vossa editora distribui algumas da Marvel para cá (embora ainda estejamos no secret invasion), mas eu costumo comprar numa loja de importação que tem as versões americanas, excepto que estas demoram de uma semana a um mês a sair lá. Também é assim convosco?)
Aqui as revistas estão atrasadas mais ou menos um ano. Dark Reign começou, mais ou menos, há uns 5 meses. Inclusive "American Son" tá sendo publicada na revista do Aranha no momento com o estúpido nome "Filho da Pátria" - e veja que sigla interessante ela forma. :P

--

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #260 on: July 21, 2010, 07:19:39 AM
See that's the real problem with OMD. Anything coming after it couldn't possibly be worse than the 5-6 year [parasitic bomb] treatment that Spidey got, of which OMD was the ultimate cap on. Spidey fans dealt with watching their web slinger get [parasitic bomb] on, and finally they top it all off with Spidey showing that with Great Power comes ZERO Responsibility. 

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #261 on: July 21, 2010, 08:34:04 AM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #262 on: July 21, 2010, 01:11:25 PM
Urgh. Hate the fact that Peter has to ALWAYS be a teenager in the eyes of Marvel. Why? I mean, hasn't he done ALOT of growing up? Spider-Man used to be about teenage angst, while having a character that stood through all of the crap. Now? It's about Peter Pan's emo life. Peter never ages, even though he has to. He has more than enough qualifications to get a lifetime job at one of Reed Richards' labs, yet he doesn't just go and ask, he CONSTANTLY has to have bad things happening to him, all the time, every single time, so the sad outweighs the happy so damn much, and everyone always gets hurt anyway. The only noteable thing he's done recently was join the Avengers. And I don't imagine they're paying him much, with all the trouble that goes through his life daily. The one moment where I actually saw SOME growth, which was in Rhino's recent redemption tale, they went the sad route and [tornado fang]'d up his life once more. Nobody can ever escape. Funny how a villain like Rhino was able to show alot of evolution, while Peter Parker, the damn main character, hasn't left the same spot since he was created. He's still being supported by his aunt and making his way through life irresponsably. And being married? Eventually having kids? NO. He'd be HAPPY. Quesada can't let that happen, no sir! So, enjoy a comic about Lizard eating his own son. Heroic Age indeed.

Kinda why I usually read just DC and Cosmic. DC had a SPACE ZOMBIE WAR called Blackest Night, which I thought was gonna be a very depressingf event, and it ended up being a totally rad space lightshow. Marvel Cosmic is pretty much everything the Earth heroes aren't. Earth heroes have REEEAL issues and REEEEAL problems and have to deal with regular bullshit everyday. Cosmic characters suck it the hell up and go save the Universe from Galaxy-wide/Universal epic events. If they whine, it's due to story placing a hard moment on them, not due to making the characters angst for five issues to make them more approcheable.

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #263 on: July 21, 2010, 04:14:31 PM
I'm of the opinion that it's probably best to do a little editorial shake-up at Marvel (aside from their cosmic titles) and that includes removing Joe Quesada as Editor-in-Chief, partially because this guy has held the job for ten years and he's as bad a micromanager as Jim Shooter was. From what I heard he ordered the deaths of Jean Grey and Janet Van Dyne because their spouses, Cyclops and Hank Pym, would allegedly be "more interesting" with dead wives and imposed a smoking ban on all characters, including Wolverine because his father died of cancer. Oi.

If I had creative control over Marvel, I'd be inclined to order a complete "Crisis"-style reboot but this time every title would start from scratch (unlike DC, where the post-CoIE universe was MORE confusing than the pre-CoIE multiverse because of the rampant retconning). But I'd be fairly hands off with the cosmic line.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #264 on: July 21, 2010, 04:35:42 PM
I'm of the opinion that it's probably best to do a little editorial shake-up at Marvel (aside from their cosmic titles) and that includes removing Joe Quesada as Editor-in-Chief, partially because this guy has held the job for ten years and he's as bad a micromanager as Jim Shooter was. From what I heard he ordered the deaths of Jean Grey and Janet Van Dyne because their spouses, Cyclops and Hank Pym, would allegedly be "more interesting" with dead wives and imposed a smoking ban on all characters, including Wolverine because his father died of cancer. Oi.

If I had creative control over Marvel, I'd be inclined to order a complete "Crisis"-style reboot but this time every title would start from scratch (unlike DC, where the post-CoIE universe was MORE confusing than the pre-CoIE multiverse because of the rampant retconning). But I'd be fairly hands off with the cosmic line.
Honestly, there wouldn't be a need for much of a retcon in the current environment. With the Heroic Age reboot, and after Marvel's been through constant events for years and years, they're being very wise to keep their butts out of events and go more traditional heroics recently. But after reading the current titles, I think everything's just more boring. The Avengers continue to be a group of self-righteous assholes who can't keep Earth in check all the time, Reed Richards is still the most unlikeable [Bumpity-Boom!] in history and the X-Men still haven't changed one bit after all these years. Here's what they'd need to do:

1- Spidey arc where Mephisto comes back, senses some kinda glitch in the whole OMD retcon process, Peter's aunt dies (AND KILL THAT [sonic slicer] DEAD), and as a result, Peter kicks Mephisto's ass with one of his ballsy moments, his marriage is remade, he moves to a family house in the suburbs, gets a big-pay scientist job and his daughter May is born.
2- The Avengers make worldwide coalitions, so they can weed out problems before they can occur, and become a fully sponsored UN group to protect the whole world instead of just the US. Other Avengers branches are created all over the world (there's certainly enough superheroes to go around, root them out of New York).
3- Reed Richards stops being an self-important egotistical narcisistic [dark hold], shares his knowledge with the world, kills a bunch of deseases, and the F4 title focuses on amazing time/dimensional/cosmic/space adventures in a sci-fi style.
4- Deadpool gets ONE TITLE. ONE. TITLE.
5- Wolverine gets to be one ONE TEAM. ONE. TEAM. (for that matter, Origins ends and he gets his regular title back)
6- The X-Men start again being about a school for gifted children, and a mutant team of heroes. And as the mutant team members get older, they retire, get out of the group and give way for a new team member from the school.

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #265 on: July 21, 2010, 06:02:34 PM
Y'know what? I take back all this "Crisis" nonsense and say they should make YOU EiC and [parasitic bomb]-can Quesada. Your ideas are better than anything he can come up with.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #266 on: July 21, 2010, 06:09:38 PM
much agreed.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #267 on: July 21, 2010, 07:44:38 PM
1- Spidey arc where Mephisto comes back, senses some kinda glitch in the whole OMD retcon process, Peter's aunt dies (AND KILL THAT [sonic slicer] DEAD), and as a result, Peter kicks Mephisto's ass with one of his ballsy moments, his marriage is remade, he moves to a family house in the suburbs, gets a big-pay scientist job and his daughter May is born.
2- The Avengers make worldwide coalitions, so they can weed out problems before they can occur, and become a fully sponsored UN group to protect the whole world instead of just the US. Other Avengers branches are created all over the world (there's certainly enough superheroes to go around, root them out of New York).
3- Reed Richards stops being an self-important egotistical narcisistic [dark hold], shares his knowledge with the world, kills a bunch of deseases, and the F4 title focuses on amazing time/dimensional/cosmic/space adventures in a sci-fi style.
4- Deadpool gets ONE TITLE. ONE. TITLE.
5- Wolverine gets to be one ONE TEAM. ONE. TEAM. (for that matter, Origins ends and he gets his regular title back)
6- The X-Men start again being about a school for gifted children, and a mutant team of heroes. And as the mutant team members get older, they retire, get out of the group and give way for a new team member from the school.

1. Wouldn't it be better for our Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man to have a 2 bedroom somewhere in Manhattan?  There's really no place to web sling from the suburbs.  Believe me, I know.  I've looked!  Otherwise, can't disagree with anything here.
2. The UN thing could be interesting.  However, wouldn't that kinda make everyone an Avenger, kinda like the JLU in the DCAU?  Not that I'm saying that would be bad, mind you.
3. No argument here.  FF was always at its best when focusing on what you said.
4. Whorepool needs de-whoring.
5. Whoreverine as well.
6. I'd love for them to undo the whole thing of House of M.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #268 on: July 21, 2010, 08:22:11 PM
Urgh. Hate the fact that Peter has to ALWAYS be a teenager in the eyes of Marvel.
Quesada just 'inherited the dream' if you will. The much maligned Clone Saga in the nineties? An elaborate ploy to have a single Spider-Man.

Seriously.

Followed suit in the post-CS crap with Byrne and Mackie where Harass (best typo ever, and accurate to boot) just demanded them to 'kill' MJ and be done with it. Both disagreed and did your token "comic book death" for it to be reversed soon as possible because either they did that either they lost their job.

Profitability warrants omnipresence (if your name is Deadpool, you don't have to be exactly too profitable either). Wolverine already has his ongoing back, it's called "Weapon X" and it's solid stuff. Aaron (writer) simply tells good stories about the kanuckhead and keeps acknowledgments (if ever some) of the assfuckery named "Origins" to be a bare minimum. They'll be renaming the title to simply "Wolverine" in the upcoming months no less.

6. I'd love for them to undo the whole thing of House of M.
Halfway in proccess, current X-Men arc ended with 5 new mutants 'triggered' around the world. "LOL MUTANTS CAN ONLY BE A MINORITY IF THEIR IN HUNDREDS DERP HERP LOLZ" still seems to be in swing though.

--

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #269 on: July 21, 2010, 08:42:01 PM
Halfway in proccess, current X-Men arc ended with 5 new mutants 'triggered' around the world. "LOL MUTANTS CAN ONLY BE A MINORITY IF THEIR IN HUNDREDS DERP HERP LOLZ" still seems to be in swing though.

Well that's good to hear.

Offline Gary Loaki

• Robot Master
  • Formerly Loki~
    • View Profile
Reply #270 on: July 22, 2010, 05:41:41 AM
check it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #271 on: July 22, 2010, 05:45:22 AM
How is that series? I've been thinking about picking that up!

Offline Gary Loaki

• Robot Master
  • Formerly Loki~
    • View Profile
Reply #272 on: July 22, 2010, 05:51:36 AM
Totally a Gamer's comic book. It's got great action scenes, a [parasitic bomb] ton of video game references, hilariously awesome characters, a good sense of humor, and a great plot.

Honestly, one of my favorite comic book series ever.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #273 on: July 22, 2010, 05:56:09 AM
In my opinion? Meh. Hipsters hipsting. It's filled with art which you can't distinguish one character for another, weak romance story that's too realistic in terms of personalities for it to be interesting, full of unlikeable characters and boring dialogue. It kept my attention, and the game and the movie are gonna be REALLY good, but I didn't find the comic that good. It's pretty much got the quality of a decent webcomic. And the game references are too [tornado fang]ing obvious for anyone to find endearing.

Also, just read Spidey: A Moment in Time.

It's basically Quesada cutting up parts of the original wedding comic, and inserting his own "PETER GOT COLD FEET 'CAUSE HE'S A SINGLE MAAAN AND CAN NEVER COMMIT TO ANYONE AND THAT IS PROVEN BECAUSE HE'S SPIDER MAAN" twisted version of the story while a drunk Mary Jane narrates and keeps saying "Let's be friends let's be friends" in the background.

One of the biggest cases of RUBBING IT ON OUR FACES that I ever saw.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #274 on: July 22, 2010, 06:07:51 AM
Also, just read Spidey: A Moment in Time.

It's basically Quesada cutting up parts of the original wedding comic, and inserting his own "PETER GOT COLD FEET 'CAUSE HE'S A SINGLE MAAAN AND CAN NEVER COMMIT TO ANYONE AND THAT IS PROVEN BECAUSE HE'S SPIDER MAAN" twisted version of the story while a drunk Mary Jane narrates and keeps saying "Let's be friends let's be friends" in the background.

One of the biggest cases of RUBBING IT ON OUR FACES that I ever saw.

Is this a recent trade?