[youtube]1rx2LhJr6VY[/youtube]

Skullman
[youtube]9JNXCnaFShA[/youtube]

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #976 on: April 05, 2010, 03:14:59 PM
NICE

I like what I saw. And even more what I heard.  Skull Man's stage seems like a mix of every platform in every MM ever.

But why kill Rush?

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #977 on: April 05, 2010, 06:53:44 PM
Yup, really nice indeed. I would change the bosses sprites just for more coolness, they are different enough from their original ones to deserve their own designs.
Also, Rush going kamikaze on everyone reminds me of GBD for some reason.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #978 on: April 05, 2010, 11:24:15 PM
Man, keeps getting better and better. The music in Brightman's stage sounds really familiar, anyone know the original song?

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #979 on: April 05, 2010, 11:55:21 PM
The BG in SkullMan´s stage doesn´t make any sence...Mountains on Mountains? Lol other wise those levels look freaking chelenging

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #980 on: April 06, 2010, 06:14:53 AM
im totally nothing in comparison to puresabe, i really doubt i'd ever be able to code even half those types of things in those levels at all, and i thought i was expert at 6502 NES asm, he's 100x more knowledgeable at it, obviously.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #981 on: April 06, 2010, 06:49:04 AM
im totally nothing in comparison to puresabe, i really doubt i'd ever be able to code even half those types of things in those levels at all, and i thought i was expert at 6502 NES asm, he's 100x more knowledgeable at it, obviously.

you kidding dude, you dude something equal as good, just becuase you take more time, doesnt mean that it wasnt worth it.

i mean you can create better events that what i saw on 4 MI, trust me, your work on Duplex is equal as good

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #982 on: April 06, 2010, 06:52:56 AM
i understand. i mean like i've never even thought of ideas and concepts like those in my life ever before mi is doing in those levels, some of the things, not everything... the wish star weapon .. oh my god never had thought of a thing like that ever before.

The diagnoal scrolling action in skullman, damn i can't even manage to do that sort of thing really. Even though i managed to in a sense with the 1st duplex level, it's not coded in the way like skullman was. I just only used a blank empty screen with sprite-based stars moving them diagnoally, while the level still scrolls horizontally "behind the scenes". I have no idea how i would manage to do a thing like that for reals.

and lots other things specifically.

And just a few days ago, megaman-omega was asking me if i could code a type of wall property about being able to jump up onto ground if your below it ya know ?? ..i said i wasn't entirly sure, or if i even could at all .. and now rock 4 MI does that...what a coincidence mannnnnnnn .. skull and bright have platforms you can jump onto from under-neath ...it's  beyond my skill, i didn't think it was possible, because none of the 6 NES mm's had something like that, so i wouldn't have any other game's coding to look at.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #983 on: April 06, 2010, 07:27:26 AM
Wow dude, don't beat yourself up over it. You've done some pretty cool stuff with your hack.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #984 on: April 06, 2010, 07:35:29 AM
i didn't mean to, sorry.
just all this stuff on 4 mi really blows me out of the galaxy if ya know what i mean. i dont know if that video shows it, since i didn't look ..but i've been playing the levels myself ..but like watch what happens after you beat the mm 8 whale mid-boss in diveman ..holy cow it's insaaane.

and i dont mean the part where rush kills himself, but a few seconds before that

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #985 on: April 06, 2010, 05:52:42 PM
i didn't mean to, sorry.
just all this stuff on 4 mi really blows me out of the galaxy if ya know what i mean. i dont know if that video shows it, since i didn't look ..but i've been playing the levels myself ..but like watch what happens after you beat the mm 8 whale mid-boss in diveman ..holy cow it's insaaane.

and i dont mean the part where rush kills himself, but a few seconds before that

All what you need is to cantact Puresabe directly. By such knowledge he should be atleast able to speak and read english.
Try it and you may learn new things from him. New things which may expand your influence.^^

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #986 on: April 07, 2010, 01:06:59 AM
He only speaks in binary, I only know enough of it to ask where is the bathroom.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #987 on: April 09, 2010, 05:18:01 AM
question, the new update of rockman 4MI doesn't have a MMC3 Version anymore?, my pc doesn't not run MMC5 emulators that well

and how do i install it?

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #988 on: April 09, 2010, 06:07:18 AM
it only works in the fceux emulator for me.

I tried nestopia and nintendulator and it dont work at all, heh.

http://fceux.com

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #989 on: April 09, 2010, 06:57:01 PM
What, does the creator love Shadow man or something? He appears in Toad Mans stage, Pharaoh Mans stage, Bright Mans stage. Yea I think Shadow Man appears in half of these stages. The games cool, nonetheless.

Although its really hard to make it toward the end of Dive Man's stage with Enkers weapon temporary to break the glass, esp at times when you can't recover the energy.

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #990 on: April 12, 2010, 03:08:54 AM
So I know no one replied to my engine being posted, don't worry I'm not at all offended.

The next version - an actual working one! - is available for download at www.liquidfyre.com/tesserex/downloads.php. It comes with the demo project that includes the level you see in the video. If you try sparkman's stage you'll die right away because the start point has been accidentally set to be below the screen. You could fix it in Demo Project\stages\Sparkman\map.xml if you wanted.

Remember that the XNA redistributable 3.0 is required to run it. A link to it is also on the download page. I can also post links to git repos if anyone is interested in contributing to the project.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #991 on: April 12, 2010, 04:10:41 AM
Maybe you could add a bit more info about this project? That´ll surely get more comments for you. Or you could try making your own thread to get more exclusive attention.
That previous video wasn´t bad actually, can´t really say much else tho. Good luck with it.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #992 on: April 12, 2010, 04:49:30 AM
Now that's some good hard work put into a fan game. Awesome start to a solid engine.

Things I noticed, maybe you already did too;

Animations seems a bit slow. Things like explosions are usually pretty rapid in the official titles, but things in general seem slow in their animation. The game itself is running at expected speeds, 60fps, so it's not like the engine is running slow.

Maybe it's just me but Megaman seems to run a little faster than usual.

When tapping left or right, Megaman doesn't actually inch forward a pixel. His walking start up frame displays but he doesn't actually move. This was a handy feature in the original games because you could sorta inc your way to an edge to line up your jump. It would have been handy on the spike blocks.

Weapon bars disappear as depleted, instead of leaving a black background like the lifebar.

Would be cool if you could get the NES fadeout effect, instead of the smooth fade. It looks kinda funny to see a full color fade out effect on NES graphics.

When spamming Gyro the sound effects seem to loop indefinitely, even if I die.

All stuff I'm sure will be fixed in time. Great job so far. As a fellow programmer it warms my heart to see someone actually trying to code an engine instead of using crap like Multimedia Fusion or Game Maker.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #993 on: April 12, 2010, 01:24:36 PM
Reading your reply at first I almost thought you had the wrong version because it was slow, but now I see what you mean. Great to hear that it actually works on someone else's machine!

If you try creeping by tapping a direction, he should eventually start moving. His position is stored as a float, not int.

For the movement speeds I actually used the values off of this page: http://tasvideos.org/RockmanTricks/Data.html
A lot of fangame makers have been dying for that data, they just didn't know it was available somewhere.

I thought I fixed the health bars? My current working version has backgrounds, maybe I forgot them in that release. No biggie.

I also did have that gyro sound bug happen to me once but I haven't found the cause yet.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #994 on: April 12, 2010, 10:36:58 PM
If you try creeping by tapping a direction, he should eventually start moving. His position is stored as a float, not int.

Add one when creeping then, or something. It should be an immediate movement, not delayed.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #995 on: April 13, 2010, 11:05:27 PM
Jesus Kuja, that stage was insane. Actually, Haha, what with the Video's hame, I was almost half expecting Sigmas voice there "PREPARE TO BECOME SPACE DUST!" wow, what an insane stage. I wouldnt be able to get through. XD

on MI... MI was always awesome, I love what they did with the Boss music, and they made Pharoaman super freaking Epic, but why replace Skullman's BGM with the one they did? I mean, no BGM can replace skullman's and make the stage half as epic.

buuut thats just me.

Also, Waveman? in Megaman 4? I could understand if thats like, a challenge before his game, but its just a hologram? what?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #996 on: May 14, 2010, 07:01:02 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Tf5yxQSM0[/youtube]

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #997 on: May 14, 2010, 11:16:08 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #998 on: May 14, 2010, 11:22:11 AM
This is something I want! That is awesome!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #999 on: May 14, 2010, 01:29:40 PM
Also, Waveman? in Megaman 4? I could understand if thats like, a challenge before his game, but its just a hologram? what?

If you think THAT'S wacky, then you need to see that Quint is in Drill Man's stage. Keeping in mind that MM4 took place before MMIIGB's events, it's nonsensical and illogical...

But totally awesome, nonetheless. 8) Sakugarne is also much more useful here, to boot!

This is something I want! That is awesome!

Same here! While I'm not interested all that much in Mega Man Starforce itself, I definitely want to try this out.