"What Are You Thinking Now?"

Sakura Leic · 2810988

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #17425 on: November 05, 2012, 06:52:59 PM
I would have continued the Sandbox RP, but my inability to imagine fight scenes was my downfall.  I got the finishing blows mostly, Zet was going to reflect the lazer from the Guts Tank and destroy it while Sakura would simply punch Dr. Light III out a lot, I was reading Jojo's Bizzare adventure for ideas.  But since I don't know how to fight or imagine a fight since I'm mostly passifictic the RP got screwed.  I'm good with rambling about backstory months on end, and dialog, but action scenes forget it.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #17426 on: November 05, 2012, 09:25:56 PM
why did I stay up til 5am watching adventure time

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #17427 on: November 05, 2012, 11:14:53 PM
This sniper crowbar skin is so useless I have to download it.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #17428 on: November 05, 2012, 11:47:59 PM
She didn't do it all the time, if you can believe it.
There's the other side of the fence dawg where you team up with her and bully other people

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17429 on: November 06, 2012, 09:56:40 PM
Voting: Free
4 cups of coffee: 1.80
5 Dollar donation: Free
A "one size fits all" bracelet that cuts off my circulation so it feels like a stranger is giving me a handjob: priceless

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17430 on: November 07, 2012, 02:36:36 AM
TL;DR Version: My internet recently got fixed and I am very happy!!
[spoiler=Long Version]
Alright, so! Some of you may be aware that my HughesNet satellite internet connection has been getting slower and slower over time. Within the last month, my speeds have actually dwindled to literal dial-up speeds, in fact. Yet, I accepted it. Other people had been expressing their concern over slow speeds for months, so I figured things were just getting slower everywhere. Still, when things got to dial-up speeds with no good reason on Friday, I finally got tired of it and made a satirical post on the official HughesNet forums about it. The reply I got back was a simple "give us your case number, or if you don't have one, call HughesNet." Well, I didn't have a case number, but I didn't plan on calling HughesNet, either. As I said, I figured it was just typical satellite internet nonsense.

Later that day, when speeds were even slower than dial-up speeds, I finally broke down and, in frustration, decided to call tech support as they'd suggested. Rather than being forced to jump through the usual series of pointless tests, however, the representative immediately requested the engineering team look at my connection. And uh... They found something. I honestly was not expecting them to find something.
Basically, either my dish needed re-pointing (very possible considering the heavy winds we'd been experiencing for the last year) or the modem was getting too old to do its job properly. He also told me, on my current plan, I should have been getting an average of 900 Kbps (which is what we were getting) rather than the 50-150 Kbps we'd been experiencing at various times. So, I decided that maybe having a tech guy come out wasn't such a bad idea after all.

So... The tech guy came today. Much earlier than expected, I might add. After about an hour and a half of work, we were back online. And, if I might say... running better than ever! Literally better than ever, in fact. Here's what the tech did:
- He replaced the modem, which apparently had a malfunctioning LAN port on it (you couldn't hook a computer directly to it for some reason, but it worked with a router just fine).
- He replaced the feed horn, which didn't have a rubber ring in the metal O-ring, had water in it, and had a cracked plastic part).
- He re-pointed the dish slightly, bumping my signal strength from 150 to 182.

Now things are working like they should be! Pages load up super-fast (comparatively speaking), YouTube videos load faster than they're playing (on the lowest settings), I can play (non-twitch) games again... I don't think I can express my happiness properly. I'm just... so... satisfied right now! This guy went above and beyond. He really did.

And to think, it was the modem the whole time... Nothing unusual on HughesNet's side, like I thought... I mean, I expect some slow-down as it gets later in the night, but not speeds of 50-150 Kbps, especially not during the dead parts of the days, like we've been getting the last couple weeks. Heh heh.

Good day, good day...
[/spoiler]

Archer

Reply #17431 on: November 07, 2012, 02:38:56 AM
so in other words it was your own stupid fault for not doing anything about it earlier

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #17432 on: November 07, 2012, 02:50:36 AM

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17433 on: November 07, 2012, 03:00:31 AM
so in other words it was your own stupid fault for not doing anything about it earlier
Yep!  You know, it's funny.  I let this slide for so long because I figured it was all on them.  I [sonic slicer], I moan, I complain.  Yet, I never usually complain at them.  I just complain at anyone who'll listen rather than someone who could help.  Kind of reminds me of a quote...

"I'm not the type of person who'll disrupt things just so I can [parasitic bomb] comfortably."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #17434 on: November 07, 2012, 04:08:12 AM
I didn't get an "I Voted!" sticker when I went to vote.  But, I have my stub from the paper ballot I used.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17435 on: November 07, 2012, 04:10:27 AM
I still have my stubs too, what crazy thing do we do with them.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #17436 on: November 07, 2012, 04:19:41 AM
Stick them on the fridge?

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17437 on: November 07, 2012, 12:08:39 PM
Is it just me or newbies are really hated here?

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #17438 on: November 07, 2012, 12:18:21 PM
It's just you.
Yeah... that's it. Or is it?

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17439 on: November 07, 2012, 06:46:16 PM
I still have my stubs too, what crazy thing do we do with them.
How old are you? I have this picture in my head that you're like young ass 17 or so, but you can't be if you've been here 5 years...

I get to vote late because I wasn't on their list or some crap.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17440 on: November 07, 2012, 06:53:55 PM
How old are you? I have this picture in my head that you're like young ass 17 or so, but you can't be if you've been here 5 years...

I get to vote late because I wasn't on their list or some crap.
I'm 19 and going to be turning 20 mid January, I've been here since I was 14 in September. I used to think you were younger than me but as you posted I realize you're older, I don't know how much older but I'm guessing around my age now.

Is it just me or newbies are really hated here?
It's a right of passage sort of thing, I went through it when I first got here from Ares and Hitomi.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #17441 on: November 07, 2012, 07:10:36 PM
It's a right of passage sort of thing, I went through it when I first got here from Ares and Hitomi.

And then I took you under my wing!  8)

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17442 on: November 07, 2012, 07:13:16 PM
I'm gonna be 24 on THE DAY OF MY MATH EXAM. Boy that's gonna suck ass.

Ha, Ares couldn't bully Samwell Tarly.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17443 on: November 07, 2012, 07:53:00 PM
If I remember Ares right, he (she?) was an "internet toughguy" kind of person.  And also enjoyed a good bandwagon on numerous occasion.

But hell, I don't remember an awful lot from the old days.  Until Ladd reminded me, I didn't even remember... the incident... that got me self-exiled.  :B

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #17444 on: November 07, 2012, 08:21:31 PM
Ares is an... interesting individual... who I believe had delusions of grandeur and wanted to take over the country and make it more communist so it would run better...

Yeah...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17445 on: November 07, 2012, 08:25:54 PM
That thing I talked about, that was you? It was so long ago I can't remember. But that was on PMM anyway. Rockman X was my pal, but he had some weird views. I remember this guy drew Layer & Alia making out passionately, and RMX said it could be offensive to people that didn't approve of lesbians. Who the [tornado fang] doesn't approve of lesbians?

Ares tried to be cool. He's my bud, don't get me wrong, but usually Neko would bully his bully.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17446 on: November 07, 2012, 09:10:28 PM
It's entirely possible that happened on Planet Mega Man.  I was all over the community back in the day.

I'm also the idiot that reported that one drama-filled story about the community tearing itself apart from the inside back in the day.  Back when I had the power to post news to this site.  8D  ... I feel ashamed of the kind of person I used to be.  :(

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #17447 on: November 07, 2012, 09:18:54 PM
So after watching some Gadget and the Gadgetinis (Yeah, I know. But it's not THAT bad.) I have decided to hit DA to see if I could find some cool fanart of Inspector Gadget.

However, I decided to first and foremost type in Penny Gadget, since even when while I was a child, she was my favorite character (along with Quimby, Brain and Dr. Claw). While on the other hand, I hated Gadget himself because he was such a friggin' useless moron.

So anyway, I type in Penny Gadget... and after the first few picture thumbnails appeared, I already had the urge to kill myself.
Disgusting fetish art. Disgusting fetish art everywhere.

I mean, I didn't expect GOLD, but I certainly didn't expect to find... so much... of... of...
FUUUUCK!
I think I managed to find like, three our four good pictures before I quit.
Some of which I've already seen.

[tornado fang] you, DA. [tornado fang] YOU.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17448 on: November 07, 2012, 09:55:56 PM
Anyone know how to turn the autoplay off on Youtube's latest shittiest new channel design? I cant find it. i see the next and previous buttons, and the shuffle button, but no autoplay toggle.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17449 on: November 07, 2012, 09:59:46 PM
I've never been a fan of figuring out how their stupid players work. I know how to turn off those dumb thought bubbles.