Doctor Who

Rin · 21671

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: May 27, 2011, 06:50:07 PM
You know I only watched the the adventure s of the 9th and 10th doctors respetively and it was okay however the Doctor himself sometimes grate me. Especially the 7th and 9th they seem to come off as the most cruel in my eyes, I don't know the Doctor just seems larger than life to me. Sure, he helps people because he wants to but often times I feel sorry for the poor schmoe who crosses even if they did deserve it except for maybe the Daleks and Davros. He kind comes as a cosmic jerk and self righteous sometimes, he knows essentailly 'everything' but at the same time I fear for those who cross him or become friends with him. Lets face it, what did to the Sontrains and in the Time War was unbelievable.

I may not like that much but at the same time, you expect a more from your heroes. The Doctor is an escapist fantasy and the seires is an escapist show, we don't watch for realism just the Doctor's adventures. After pouring this down I don't know if I should get into the series but what do you think, should I give it a chance?

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: May 27, 2011, 07:09:22 PM
The Doctor has a genuine fetish for humans, be it for their distinct personalities or Jelly Babies 8D

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: May 27, 2011, 09:31:48 PM
You know I only watched the the adventure s of the 9th and 10th doctors respetively and it was okay however the Doctor himself sometimes grate me. Especially the 7th and 9th they seem to come off as the most cruel in my eyes, I don't know the Doctor just seems larger than life to me. Sure, he helps people because he wants to but often times I feel sorry for the poor schmoe who crosses even if they did deserve it except for maybe the Daleks and Davros. He kind comes as a cosmic jerk and self righteous sometimes, he knows essentailly 'everything' but at the same time I fear for those who cross him or become friends with him. Lets face it, what did to the Sontrains and in the Time War was unbelievable.

I may not like that much but at the same time, you expect a more from your heroes. The Doctor is an escapist fantasy and the seires is an escapist show, we don't watch for realism just the Doctor's adventures. After pouring this down I don't know if I should get into the series but what do you think, should I give it a chance?

Give it. I suggest starting again with Series 5 of the resurrection (you watched 9 so I suggest skipping Tennant and going straight for Matt Smith).
Tennant's and Eccleston's seasons were plagued by [tornado fang]ing shitty deus ex machina writing. The current lead writer, Moffat, on the other hand is much better at telling amazing stories with the Doctor.

Just be sure you ain't starting with series 6, because then you won't understand [parasitic bomb]. But 5 is okay, since it's kinda a clean start for the show, even though it's not a reboot.
Unlesss you REALLY, REALLY want to, then you can go through Tennant's season too.
Your choice.

Offline domo

• Cybershelf
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: May 29, 2011, 08:14:41 AM
How awesome has S6 been? Still not as awesome(yet) as I thought S5 was but still pretty damn awesome. I thought I was going to be okay with the split but after seeing everything(doctor death, regenerating girl, episode 7) it makes me wish they never did the split at all. Episode 7 looks like it's gonna kick ass.

"All of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was... where do you want to start?"

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: July 28, 2011, 09:43:22 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76vzfxJRByA[/youtube]

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: October 25, 2011, 10:57:51 PM
Breaking news! Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who. Something tells me that the "fall of the Eleventh" mentioned in The Wedding of River Song was foreshadowing on Steve Moffat's part.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: October 26, 2011, 12:37:44 AM
Breaking news! Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who. Something tells me that the "fall of the Eleventh" mentioned in The Wedding of River Song was foreshadowing on Steve Moffat's part.
It's a good thing. So he doesn't get as tiring as Tennant did. He's lasting as long as Tennant. Although Smith's Doctor isn't a total "I'M SORRY I'M SO SORRY I DON'T WANNA GOOO" [sonic slicer].

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: October 26, 2011, 03:02:48 AM
Always good to go when the audience claps the loudest. Matt Smith's Doctor was always quirky, fun, alien, and a badass when he needed to be; I hope his last series will rock my spacetime continuum.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: November 09, 2011, 01:59:55 AM
Series 6 OST being released on december 19th and the 11th Doctor is not leaving yet.

Matt Smith said in some interview on the part 2 series 6 dvd set that he is staying for awhile.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/smith-not-quitting-anytime-soon-27757.htm

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #109 on: November 11, 2011, 06:59:23 PM
I wonder if he'll still be the Doctor by the time I get to watch his series. Few weeks ago I started to watch Doctor Who from the very beginning, and I just saw the very first regeneration. btw, William Hartnell was fantastic Doctor.
Yes... I wonder...