Who exactly created the Biometals?

CyberXIII · 19467

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 06:57:08 AM
Yes, I did, sorry.  I'm in the habit of thinking of human-sized as the first and giant monsters as the final; Albert reverses that trend.
As well as making the first form more epic than the second.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 07:32:33 AM
Model W - Albert
Model A - Albert
Model X - Ciel
Model Z - Ciel
Model H - Ciel
Model L - Ciel
Model F - Ciel
Model P - Ciel
Model O - Unknown; canonically questionable
Model a - Unknown; canonically questionable; actual fragment may not exist as it is an A-Trans form
I've always felt Model O and Model a were little bonuses like the street fighter moves in X1 and X2. They shouldn't be seen as canon at all, but are there for us to enjoy if we seek them out.

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 09:02:20 AM
We cant say that for sure. Omega himself is canon, as he has his own Datadisk. Its the biometal thats the mystery. you can interact with Fleuve to get it, but only after clearing the game, and it has no impact on the story. Plus, you can get it without ever even seeing Omega. Just beat the Z3 and 4 bosses.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 07, 2009, 01:38:19 PM
I don't see how you can deny Model O's canon status, Flammole mentioned sensing a very strong Livemetal that he initially believed to be Vent/Aile's. Upon his death he realized it wasn't them he sensed, and he wonders if it was Model V or something else.

ZX Tunes outright says it was not Model V, but that what he actually sensed was a given.

Not to mention, Area N exists solely for the challenge to obtain the mysterious stone. Are you going to pronounce a whole area non-canon?

And besides, the Street Fighter moves in X1 and X2 are canon. Right was a practitioner of martial arts/maybe ansatsuken and X can use chi to throw fireballs because his soul is nearly human.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 07, 2009, 01:47:04 PM
I really wish Sigma could use the Psycho Crusher.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #30 on: November 07, 2009, 04:00:49 PM
Its the biometal thats the mystery. you can interact with Fleuve to get it, but only after clearing the game
Again, the BIOMETAL is not post-game, you can obtain it as soon as you have access to Area N.  You just can't use it until post-game.  There's a difference.  The implication I get is that it is canonically there but that Vent/Aile are not "meant" to find it in the storyline.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: November 07, 2009, 10:21:16 PM
except its only called a biometal after you give it to Fleuve. before that, its just a "mysterious rock" that happens to look like an Omega Livemetal.

whatever though. Im not bout to argue about it.
It could be canon, it could not be. Either way, it has no impact on the story...

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 01:37:06 AM
It could be canon, it could not be. Either way, it has no impact on the story...

Flammole begs to differ.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 01:55:16 AM
what I mean is, either way it is irrelevant to the story outside of Flammole mentioning it

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: November 08, 2009, 02:00:45 AM
The only canon thing about Model O is that it exists. Getting is is purely optional and actually not plot relevant.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: November 08, 2009, 04:38:55 PM
except its only called a biometal after you give it to Fleuve. before that, its just a "mysterious rock" that happens to look like an Omega Livemetal.
By what logic is Biometal not considered Biometal until someone calls it such? 

Not all Biometal is immediately recognizable.  Model A doesn't recognize the Model W cores.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: November 08, 2009, 05:39:07 PM
Mmm. True enough. Though given that Vent and Aile  have seen 7 biometals by then, and a W core, you'd think they would recognize the basic shape of something that resembles the Ciel Biometal design.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: November 08, 2009, 05:41:42 PM
Except Model O doesn't talk. So, until identified, all it is to them is a mysterious floating stone statue of sorts.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: November 08, 2009, 07:07:00 PM
Makes sense I guess. I wonder if they will ever revisit Model O in any potential sequel(s)?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: November 08, 2009, 07:17:38 PM
They'd have to retcon him out of ZX for it to make sense, I think.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: November 08, 2009, 07:43:53 PM
Why? He could just as easily been stolen out of the lab with the rest, but not given a biomatch yet.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: November 08, 2009, 08:02:57 PM
MODEL O ACTUALLY BECAME THE REAVERBOTS LATER.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: November 08, 2009, 08:06:53 PM
GIRO IS THE MASTER.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

EVEN THOUGH HE'S [spoiler]DEAD[/spoiler].

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: November 08, 2009, 08:11:22 PM
THE MASTER IS DEAD TOO

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: November 10, 2009, 02:58:01 AM
Yeah, but Giro died before he started wearing blue.

OR SO YOU THINK!

Why? He could just as easily been stolen out of the lab with the rest, but not given a biomatch yet.
Or somebody other than Vent/Aile could fish him out of Area N.

Those equipped with Sprites Inc. know that there was in fact tile data for a Model O life bar, along with some leftover ZX junk.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: November 10, 2009, 03:02:45 AM
Which is odd, because they scrapped the outright use of Model O by itself by Vent/Aile.

Are Vent/Aile unable to perform single Biometal transformations anymore or something? Or was "Model O"'s moveset so similar to Zx's that they made it Ox just to "qualify" Model Ox's "weakness" and allow for future story hijinx all in one fell swoop?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: November 10, 2009, 04:56:44 AM
They were never shown to use any biometal alone except for X.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: November 11, 2009, 01:27:11 AM
They are fully able to.  They do not because, canonically speaking, it is pointless.  Double Rock On draws out more power.

Which is odd, because they scrapped the outright use of Model O by itself by Vent/Aile.
How is the lack of Model O by Vent/Aile any different from the lack of Models H, L, F, and P by Vent/Aile?  Again, singular Rock Ons are pointless story-wise; Double Rock On is superior.  Generally it functions as enhancing the secondary metal; ZX being the exception as its abilities are a more direct merger of X and Z.

they made it Ox just to "qualify" Model Ox's "weakness"
The idea that Double Rock On weakens the secondary model is complete fanon and a direct contradiction to Prometheus's words after he first fought Vent as Model ZX.

And he should know.  He fought both Model Z and Model X alone.

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: November 13, 2009, 03:39:25 AM
This is true.

Something weird happened to my banner, please wait while I find a new one.

*Elevator music starts playing*

Offline ZetaForce

• ???
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: January 01, 2010, 09:49:03 PM
I also think the storyline was confusing from ZX, and also the transition to ZX Advent.

At first, after experiencing (but most likely not completely comprehending) the story, I thought that Ciel made Model XZHFLP, whilst I thought that (at first) it was Dr. Viel who made Model V. Then, after playing ZX Advent, I learned that Albert created(?) Model V.

And I need some clearing up. While Aile/Vent were away, they left Models HFLP in a lab, and someone stole 'em? Also, why was Aile/Vent compatible with HFLP?