Rockman EXE OSS Demo available in Japanese Nintendo Channel now!

VixyNyan · 7280

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
As mentioned in a Coro Coco scan and 2ch topic a while ago, it said that a downloadable demo for Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star would be available for test-play. I have downloaded it and I'm gonna write as much as I can about the demo, along with small changes that has been made.

- It starts up with Netto shouting Capcom! when the logo shows up.

- The title screen at the top has the game's logo, with beams shooting from the right, similar to Rockman 8. Netto and Rockman screams "Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star!". For the nit-picky, the copyright says (c) Capcom Co., Ltd. 2001,2009 All Rights Reserved. At the bottom, Netto and Rockman stand together with SS-Rockman on the left, just like the artwork on the official site. The title screen song is the internet theme called BOUNDLESS NETWORK in the original soundtrack.

- The music of the game is the original soundtrack from the GBA version, with added echo effects. This is similar to how other DS games handles 8-bit music in games like Game Center CX/Retro Game Challenge and Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

- Netto talks with Meijin-san (Mr. Famous) in a laboratory, saying that Netto is Rockman's operator, and of course being the first EXE game, Netto has no clue at all who this guy is. He says he is a great net battler and stuff, and tells Netto his name is "Meijin", and he asks Netto if he knows about Net Battles. It's just a small explanation process so that Netto and Rockman gets acquainted to how things work. Meijin-san also explains how Program Advance works, and one of them you can perform is Zeta Cannon 1. You get "Trial Version Operation Manual" (たいけんばん そうさせつめいしょ) from Meijin-san, which will show up at the bottom of the screen.

- Before entering a battle, Netto screams the trademark "Battle Operation, Set!" and Rockman says "In!!".

- The controls is pretty much the same as the GBA version. In Custom menu, A is Decide/Confirm, B is Cancel, Y is Battle Chip description, D-pad moves cursor, Start moves it to OK and Select lets you see a clear shot of the battle field. In battle, A is using Battle Chips, B is for the Rock Buster, D-pad moves Rockman around the battle field, L/R opens the Custom menu again when the Custom bar is filled and Start is Pause.

- When you jump into the battle field, Rockman says "Netto-kun, operate please!", along with other things before a fight starts.

- Some things I have to mention. Ratton 1 battle chip has changed from 80 damage to 90 damage. Cross Bomb changed from 70 to 80. In the demo, you also get Gutsman navi chip. Sometimes, Roll navi chip pops up too.

- You start with 200 HP in this demo, and the first fight is against 2 Mettaurs and a Canodumb.

- After the fight, Meijin-san calls Fireman to jump into the fight. Fireman has 300 HP in the demo.

- Beat him, and Meijin-san will suddenly tell Shooting Star Rockman to warp into the lab. You don't see his eyes in the mugshot tho. o.o; Meijin-san says he is a Rockman that comes 200 years from the future (Rockman: "200 years...!?"). And of course Meijin-san explains that SS-Rockman is a big hero back where he comes from, but Netto-kun still wants to fight him (SS-Rockman: "...!"). ^^

- SS-Rockman has 700 HP and his battle theme in the demo is "Ride On" from the first Shooting Star game.

- Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the demo stops with Meijin-san interrupting the fight, and you get a Thank You For Playing! screen of SS-Rockman and Rockman EXE posing together. Awww~ >v<

UPDATE: Thanks to Japanese user puroaku, there is now a video of the demo up.

[youtube]AFuKj1jH8V8[/youtube]

UPDATE 2: A much clearer, higher quality video by Japanese user jikadori is up.

[youtube]qJw1izqIP4g[/youtube]

Thanks to Protodude for the hint. Look for the surprise victory~ ^^
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 02:02:15 PM by Vixy »

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Thanks for the sample, too bad I have a US Wii.. I don't think the demo won't be available anytime soon down here..  :\

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I hear my favorite battle theme.  I am happy!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Ride on... Isnt that the SF1 boss theme? I loved that one. t'was my favorite.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
"Ride On" is the virus busting theme. "Wave Battle" is the boss theme. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
oh. Close enough. XD

I liked that one too.

I actually however, didnt really like the SF3 boss theme.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
That vid really got to me, nostalgia and whatnot. Hearing that battle theme again reminded me of when I got MMBN1.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
The music was very well done in BN1, I say, the final showdown was my best one, until the cart hiccuped on me, no longer being able to save.. ;.;

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
ADD button is back!

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
That surprised me. I would never need my old Cust styles if Add worked like that! I'd pick Shad Style, then; worthless charge shot = Shadow = UTTER WIN!

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 04:58:54 AM
Can someone find out if you can still use Add twice in a row?

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 05:29:18 AM
Higher quality footage:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJw1izqIP4g&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 05:39:12 AM
Killed by an AreaSteal, I love doing that.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 06:32:04 AM
Killed by an AreaSteal, I love doing that.

It's about the only fast way to beat Serenade, that...THAT...

ICK!