In the end, Zero's purpose came to pass.

Flame · 24181

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #50 on: November 16, 2008, 12:09:22 PM
I'm curious as to why Omega in particular would bring about the rifts allowing access to Cyberspace. Mother Elf I could understand, what with elves altering reality by rewriting cyberspace, but Omega is... just a reploid?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: November 16, 2008, 01:14:16 PM
yeah, but X shouldnt be around heimself during Viles incident... theres no way he could be projecting himself and 4 others when he himself lost the power to enter the real world in Z3. X had 2 reasons for being able to enter the real world. 1, his physical body was still intact, and active, acting as the power source for Dark Elf's containment unit. therefore It acted as a sort of gateway to the physical world, and as a power source for himself as well. as since his body was still active and he was  still "connected" to it in some form, he could use its power for himself as well.

I really don't think it's ever said anywhere that Cyber Elf-X needs his physical body as a source of energy, as a matter of fact, he was far too busy sealing away Dark Elf, it would be more negative to him than positive. And X was dying at ZERO3's end in that his consciousness was merging with the metaphorical abyss of data. However, X's will kept him together and he declared living on together with everyone to see the future now that the world is beginning to change. As of Vile's Incident, X recovered but was still unable to assist Zero.

I'm curious as to why Omega in particular would bring about the rifts allowing access to Cyberspace. Mother Elf I could understand, what with elves altering reality by rewriting cyberspace, but Omega is... just a reploid?

Dark Elf and Omega share a unique relation, the doors are appearing because of their resonance.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: November 16, 2008, 11:15:01 PM
I always saw it as X used his "alive" physical body as a way to stay connected with the real world...
but anyway, his power generator powers Yggdrasil doesn't it? with all that power of his being spread throught the complex, youd think X could somehow still recieve some power for himself, as  in my opinion, since his physical body is still alive, he is still connected to it somehow. similar to how Zero and Omega are inevitably drawn towards each other, due to metaphorically being "two halves to a whole" Zero's consciousness calls out to its body, and Omega's Zero body calls out to Zero's consciousness. I think a similar relation can exist with X and his body. His body is useless, as it can no longer carry X's consciousness, but still is "alive". And thus, X and his body are inevitable "connected" in some incomprehensible form. as a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me if X's spirit hadn't haunted Yggdrasil for a while.
although, WAS he haunting Zero's chamber, or did he simply react to Zero being awakened and go see what happened?
also, while were on the subject, ill just leave this here.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.