X and Zero: Their DNA and their souls.

Thanatos-Zero · 7876

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 05:49:22 PM
Hypershell, Ramzal, both of you, get equipped with the Compendium of RockmanX!

DNA Program
Program that makes up the characteristics of a repliroid. Zero's Learning ability utilizes this, but Axl's ability to completely copy a repliroid is rare.

Erasure
The phenomenon where a repliroid's operation program disappears all the sudden. An erased repliroid loses all consciousness, reduced to being like so much scrap iron. During the Nightmare Incident, a phenomenon similar erasure happened to Isoc.

DNA Soul
A repliroid's operational [mobilization/movement] DNA program that has been pulled out. It appears that Berkana took the souls from the erased repliroids and inserted them for use in the bodies of Iregulars.

There's something totally wrong about considering this as biological DNA, just as much as there's something wrong with considering the Repliroid soul as separate of these DNA program.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 07:34:55 PM
What I would like to ask is why Berkana took souls from reploids and put them in other reploids, it seems inefficient. Also weird, in that it doesn't result in the mavericks having free will and fighting back, but just ordinary mavericks...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 07:53:50 PM
She's also powering herself up in the process.  I'm pretty sure that was a bigger concern to her than her minions.

There's something totally wrong about considering this as biological DNA, just as much as there's something wrong with considering the Repliroid soul as separate of these DNA program.
The fact remains that DNA data can be downloaded without ripping the victim's soul out, established in X6.  I already said that the two are undeniably linked, but being linked and being synonymous are not the same thing.  Even taking that translation at face-value, a DNA Soul would be but one part of a larger DNA program.

Consider also the mechanics of the Copy Chip, that any Reploid using it must maintain their own soul through the transformation.  Adapted to operate the new body, perhaps (that's really getting into speculative nitty-gritty of how it functions), but regardless their own will remains.

ZX Advent also carries some pretty heavy implications on the matter, what with the man-and-machine merger, and the use of A-Trans of subjects who were merely fought and not killed.  However, while Model A seemingly does not gather souls with its DNA data, Model W does.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 08:03:31 PM
The fact remains that DNA data can be downloaded without ripping the victim's soul out, established in X6.  I already said that the two are undeniably linked, but being linked and being synonymous are not the same thing.  Even taking that translation at face-value, a DNA Soul would be but one part of a larger DNA program.

It isn't that there's a larger DNA program, it's that there's more than one DNA program that makes up a Repliroid, the soul being the operational DNA.

Offline Zx

• You're already dead
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Come and fight!"
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 08:27:37 PM
lol robots have soul lol

"Di Mant de Vongole Primo!"

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 08:41:26 PM
It isn't that there's a larger DNA program, it's that there's more than one DNA program that makes up a Repliroid, the soul being the operational DNA.
Talk about a badly timed typo...

Now that I understand what you said, the degree of separation that exists between multiple DNA programs of a single Reploid is pretty speculative, isn't it? 

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)