PS3 problem

Pringer X · 1998

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
on: October 06, 2010, 01:49:42 AM
Ok, a friend of mine has some problems with his PS3. The thing is, each problem is different on every other game he has. He can go online just fine and use any system menus without trouble, it's when he's actually playing the game that the errors pop up. For example, on Guitar Hero, the graphics won't display properly and a giant block/line/thing appears over everything (like one big giant censor box) and on the create a character screen in Oblivion the faces for the characters will be lowered and physically pass through the chest and leave the eyes just floating where the forehead is.

Anyone have any general advice or what to do aside from buying a new one? He's willing to crack it open, so would it be a good idea to dust off the system from the inside, particularly the disc reader?

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 02:39:15 AM
I don't much about the issue myself since I don't own a PS3 but my older brother does; my older brother's old and fat PS2/PS1-compatible PS3 somehow stopped working and would not play ANYTHING. It would not play games, movies, DVDs/Blu-ray discs, nothing at all. He'd put the disc in, but nothing would work. Unfortunately for him, he had to buy a PS3 slim to replace the broken one.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 02:43:15 AM
I would say send it in to Sony, but the warranty's probably gone now. Cracking it open wouldn't be a bad idea.