Was Copy X really evil?

CyberXIII · 20796

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
on: September 26, 2009, 03:56:02 AM
At first, it seems like it, but then I started thinking about it from an unbiased perspective.

Copy X is only protecting the humans, in his own way.  The Reploid mass murder argument falls flat when you realize that Reploids are merely robots; sentient (for the most part) robots, but only robots.  From what the people in MMZ4 said, they had a great life under Copy X; his death and Weil's takeover was probably the worst thing that could have happened to them.  As far as they know, Zero's as bad as Weil.

Thoughts?

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 03:59:03 AM
Nope, he was a legal ruler with some defects from the origional X; making him a nut when power was passed onto him when the crisis came along; couldn't handle it and went apeshit on every reploid in a 500-mile radius.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 04:05:37 AM
In case anyone didn't see the political ideology parallel:

Oh yeah, right, as if killing and nigh-enslaving innocents and trying to destroy an ancient, benevolent, Maverick-fighting force was any better than Zero or Weil.

Honestly, Ciel plus the Human-Reploid integration was the best, except society went back to needing Government, again, and HERE COME THE EVIL MAD SCIENTISTS.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 04:18:55 AM
I once made a topic towards a similar end. Copy X was raised up as "X" he for all intents and purposes was to be the exact copy of X, and even though he had no memories, he was expected to act like X as well. in other words, he was spoiled, and when faced with the energy crisis could not handle the situation, deciding to kill off the energy guzzlers. subsequently getting worse and worse till he himself was deluded into believing he was a hero, and that he was doing right.

I Proposed the idea, of Copy X, raised under different circumstances, maybe even a different crowd who didnt have such high expectations of a copy who didnt have any of X's experience or memories and were aware of the fact, and if there ahd been no energy crisis, how would he have turned out?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 04:26:20 AM
I'd think it highly likely that Copy X, feeling that he has been given a task, would still have been as controlling. If he didn't, he'd feel like he wasn't doing enough or that he was being lulled into a false sense of security.

...OH!  ...OH!
That's...that's...no, I only intended to explain the political analogy of MMZ1 and nothing more.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 04:54:23 AM
The Reploid mass murder argument falls flat when you realize that Reploids are merely robots; sentient (for the most part) robots, but only robots.

Like the only difference between humans and robots since the X series is that robots can climb walls by jumping off them.

Seriously find me another difference.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 04:56:45 AM
At first, it seems like it, but then I started thinking about it from an unbiased perspective.

Copy X is only protecting the humans, in his own way.  The Reploid mass murder argument falls flat when you realize that Reploids are merely robots; sentient (for the most part) robots, but only robots.  From what the people in MMZ4 said, they had a great life under Copy X; his death and Weil's takeover was probably the worst thing that could have happened to them.  As far as they know, Zero's as bad as Weil.

Thoughts?
No bias is fair, no compassion is ruthless, and the line between them is exceedingly thin.

Copy X's own position clashes with his policy, a robot labeling robots as inferior citizens, which in itself makes you wonder about his rationale.  Though he himself is devoid of fear in his line of thinking, his actions manipulate the fear of others to rally them to his cause.  A cause justified by labeling others as "sub-human" and handing out senseless accusations to excuse their destruction in a time of crisis.

Reminds me of Hitler.

Just because someone is charismatic doesn't mean they're not evil.  In fact such people are considerably more dangerous than a non-charismatic evil person could hope to be.  Atrocities such as this are justified by demeaning the victim, and that's the giveaway.  They think for themselves, they're part of society, but they're not human, so it's okay.  They're the inferior race, and the superior race is justified in whatever they decide to do with them.

For exactly this reason, I hold Copy X as not only evil, but the most evil villain the MegaMan saga has ever seen.  Because it's not just what he can destroy or what he can rule, it's his potential to corrupt the masses, to sway good people to the point that they honestly believe in the wrong side.  Thus we have the Big Four.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 05:05:15 AM
Bingo.

Or, he would be, if he ZXA Docs hadn't done the same thing.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 05:27:00 AM
Like the only difference between humans and robots since the X series is that robots can climb walls by jumping off them.

Seriously find me another difference.
triangles.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 05:41:02 AM
They don't always have triangles.

Besides, I'm sure there are loads of humans with triangle tattoos on their foreheads. You just never happen to meet them.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 12:40:47 PM
They don't always have triangles.

Besides, I'm sure there are loads of humans with triangle tattoos on their foreheads. You just never happen to meet them.

Under Legions' law, every single Repliroid is marked with a triangle on their foreheads. Of course, at that time, humans have machine bodies indistinguishable from Repliroids.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 02:03:30 PM
At the very least he found a way to legitimate his genocide. He somewhat kept Neo Arcadia from falling into anarchy until someone (Ciel) developed a subsequent energy. Then Weil came and [tornado fang]'d up everything, but as of MMZ3 Copy X was pretty much insane/manipulated by Weil already, blowing up human residential areas and stuff.

The only difference between him and the original is that he is a jerk and everyone knew it. X has probably killed as many Reploids as the copy during the Maverick Wars, and God knows what happened in the Elf Wars. We've been bored to nausea with X whining about Reploids killing each other, but in the end he still pulled the trigger and by the time of his sealing he didn't give a damn about his moral struggle anymore.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 03:41:08 PM
X has probably killed as many Reploids as the copy during the Maverick Wars, and God knows what happened in the Elf Wars. We've been bored to nausea with X whining about Reploids killing each other, but in the end he still pulled the trigger and by the time of his sealing he didn't give a damn about his moral struggle anymore.
Like father, like son, X is a douche too.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 05:20:15 PM
The only difference between him and the original is that he is a jerk and everyone knew it. X has probably killed as many Reploids as the copy during the Maverick Wars, and God knows what happened in the Elf Wars. We've been bored to nausea with X whining about Reploids killing each other, but in the end he still pulled the trigger and by the time of his sealing he didn't give a damn about his moral struggle anymore.
X fought and killed when necessary, not when convenient.  There's a world of difference.  And "he didn't give a damn about his moral struggle anymore" is flat-out contradictory to Z1, as it is X himself who states his lack of caring as bothering him.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 06:26:46 PM
Make of this what you will:

キミがボクをのこし、
この世界からすがたを消してから・・
ボクは100年近く、たったひとりで
とほうもない数のイレギュラーと
戦っていたんだよ・・
それは、
つらくかなしい戦いの日々だった・・
しかし、何よりも悲しかったのは
だんだん、何も感じなくなってくる
自分の心だったんだ・・
ゼロ、この世界の事は・・
しばらくキミにまかせたい
だから、このボクを・・
まだ・・もう少しの間
やすませてほしい・・
・・・・・・
ごめんね・・

After you disappeared and left this world to me... For nearly 100 years, I was alone, fighting an extraordinary number of Irregulars... There were heartbreakingly sad struggles day after day... But, above everything else, the saddest thing was that gradually my own heart came to feel nothing anymore...
Zero, the affairs of this world... I wish to entrust them to you for a short while. That way, I can... still... I want to rest for just a little longer...
I'm sorry...

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 06:44:03 PM
Of course someone like X gets tired after years of meaningless fighting

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 10:54:05 PM
Perhaps I should have added this:

Copy X was trying to protect humanity at the expense of the Reploids.  If you were a citizen of Neo Arcadia, without the benefits of the audience's knowledge, would you consider him to be evil?

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 11:15:13 PM
The people loved Copy X as their ruler. In fact, one of the humans that was with Neige hated zero for killing him off. Ceil was just about the only human who saw wrong in what X was doing, and that only came from being his creator and have a love for both humans and reploids.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 01:10:54 AM
Copy X was trying to protect humanity at the expense of the Reploids.  If you were a citizen of Neo Arcadia, without the benefits of the audience's knowledge, would you consider him to be evil?
The people loved Copy X as their ruler. In fact, one of the humans that was with Neige hated zero for killing him off. Ceil was just about the only human who saw wrong in what X was doing, and that only came from being his creator and have a love for both humans and reploids.

The only reason they do not see X as evil is because all the humans in Neo Arcadia had been living blissful lives of ignorance. When the Humans are put in the exact same position as the Repliroids, an oppressive dictatorship that destroys the lives of innocents using petty excuses, they both take the exact same actions. With Zero and the Resistance protecting and assisting the humans during Operation Ragnarok, their eyes are opened to that fact and they see the truth that the enemy they've been fighting isn't the great evil the media had advertised them as. Therefore the events that concluded Vile's incident paved the way to a new era in Human-Repliroid relations.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 01:12:30 AM
You know the deal:

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 01:15:54 AM
That's not exactly true in this case. Ciel's resistance is barely even a bunch of freedom fighters. All they do is defend themselves and strengthen their position without aggravating Neo Arcadia. They're being painted as something they absolutely aren't. Now if we're talking about Elpis' resistance, that's a wholly different matter.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 01:19:07 AM
I was just using that analogy to point out that it's up to the eye of the beholder if a villain is a villain.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 08:28:56 AM
We should also remember that as far as the general pubic knows, Copy X is the real deal, still alive, and ruling the country now,  after saving the world multiple times.

only the resistance, Weil, and I assume some of the top folks in the government know that he is a copy. Im not sure if the big 4 themselves know, or don, or simply blindly follow him because he is X, regardless of their differences and that one is a copy.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 10:53:23 AM
We should also remember that as far as the general pubic knows, Copy X is the real deal, still alive, and ruling the country now,  after saving the world multiple times.

only the resistance, Weil, and I assume some of the top folks in the government know that he is a copy. Im not sure if the big 4 themselves know, or don, or simply blindly follow him because he is X, regardless of their differences and that one is a copy.

Big 4 believe Copy X to be a revived version of the real X (since he vanished to seal the Darkelf in Yggrdrasil). Harpuia follows Copy-X MKII back to Neo Arcadia even though Zero says right on the scene that this X is a dublicate and not the real one. Makes me wonder why the real X never bothered to appear before the Guardians in the meantime and inform them of his copy's evil ways.

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 06:57:18 PM
 [objection!]

Didn't Phantom run into Cyber-elf X as a ghost?

(And are the Big 4 technically X's children?)