MegaMan Zero, then and now.

Zan · 55760

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 06:26:47 PM
Ah, that part. If the Shining Arms is a myth, as MarshmallowMan proposed, then they might not exist.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 06:30:24 PM
Mm... true. after all, It sounds weird, X's buster is one, so what they just one day up and made X a new buster? Somehow I dont think its that simple. all of the shining arms are handheld weapons that can be given to you, including a saber, while X's is a part of his body. It sounds weird.

But it's fun to speculate on possible candidates either way. After all, I believe you once mentioned, we have 3 extra good guys lying around... Even if they dont seem the type.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 09:59:56 PM
1 - X
1 - Zero
2 - Axl
2- Harpuia
2- Fefnir
1 - Phantom
1 - Leviatham
Makes total of 10

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 10:02:01 PM
Except, X has more than one X-buster and Zero has more than one Z-saber. All Shining Arms are counted as singular.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 10:03:10 PM
.....So...that makes 3 unknown Members? Or are they Mariono, Cinnamon and Massimo?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: October 12, 2009, 12:52:11 AM
hey Zan, should I post my Shining Arms speculation thread here again? I think I did before the crash.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: October 12, 2009, 12:56:20 AM
I don't think I even remember what this theory of yours is...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: October 12, 2009, 01:21:20 AM
no theory just listing the current weilders, and then speculating.
http://www.themmnetwork.com/community/index.php?showtopic=1708

(Of course, the second two "possibilities" are invalid since the shining arms have been established to be either 1, or a set.)

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: October 18, 2009, 10:27:41 PM
Except, X has more than one X-buster and Zero has more than one Z-saber. All Shining Arms are counted as singular.
What about the Z-Buster?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 01:58:18 AM
Ceased to exist after X6.  For reasons beyond my comprehension Inti refuses to acknowledge the idea of Zero, or any derivative thereof, using an arm-mounted buster.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: October 19, 2009, 02:59:59 AM
BECAUSE GUNZ ARE COOL LOL.

plus, it simply isnt listed as a Shining arm. that simple.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #36 on: October 19, 2009, 03:08:35 AM
Then the fact that he was in the 100+ year sleep mode, plus it was a copy body, which rendered the buster useless, or the buster wasn't integrated onto Zero's copy body when it was made.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: October 19, 2009, 03:44:38 AM
And if Omega used an arm cannon, that bit of speculation might mean something.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: October 19, 2009, 03:47:40 AM
Then the fact that he was in the 100+ year sleep mode, plus it was a copy body, which rendered the buster useless, or the buster wasn't integrated onto Zero's copy body when it was made.

Fact is that Omega, also uses a gun and not a armcannon.
By Inti Creates logic, Zero never used a armcannon in his entire life, cause he was designed with gun and not something what X uses. When we already talk about that, let us just imagine this with Zero's death in X1. Instead of the armcannon, X would have gained a freaking pistol for his buster. How weird is that?
The most reasonable solution for that problem is, that Zero used Axl's pistols as memento and therefore refused to use his Z-Buster again.

*sign*
Inti Creates... What was so wrong about to use a X series styled Zero in the Zero Series? Oh yes he didn't look human enough, so you dicided to use another artist to garble him. Man... You could just made his legs and arms more humanlike. A good example would be Samus Aran just with more muscles.

Keiji, sometimes you are a real duchebag.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: October 19, 2009, 03:54:46 AM
By Inti Creates logic, Zero never used a armcannon in his entire life, cause he was designed with gun.

Zero's buster in the Zero-series is not his own, he picked it up from Milan, as stated in character profiles on the Remastered Tracks website.  So what projectile weapon Zero was designed with does not change as such a weapon was never depicted by Inticreates.  As for Omega's use of the same model, that is not addressed, although it was always said that Zero's gun was an older buster model.

To nip a counter-point in the bud, "Z-Buster" in Z1 is a mistranslation.  The weapon is always referred to as Buster Shot, properly translated in Z2 and onwards.

What was so wrong about to use a X series styled Zero in the Zero Series? Oh yes he didn't look human enough
That wasn't the only reason.  Inti also wanted to remake Zero so that people could tell the Zero series apart at a glance.  Thus they deliberately tried to make Zero as different as they could get away with.  See MMZOCW.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: October 19, 2009, 03:57:25 AM
The reason Omega uses a pistol is lazineness. Why put in a completely different sprite when you just need to palette swap? >_>'

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: October 19, 2009, 04:03:02 AM
And the reason that explanation doesn't work is that they actually DID resprite Omega's buster, so that he holds it gangster-style.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: October 19, 2009, 04:05:45 AM
But he has his own set of buster firing sprites. If they were lready going to make him fire the buster differently, then why not go the extra step and give him a Z-Buster?

Edit: Beat me to the punch. Also, thats not exactly true. he holds it straight just like Zero, only he holds his arm straight out in front of him, as opposed to Zero's bent elbow and lower arm.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: October 19, 2009, 04:14:01 AM
Hypershell, you misunderstood me. Because Omega uses a pistol and not a armcannon, we have to asume that Zero never used an armcannon from X1 and upwards to the Zero Series.
*sign*
Inti Creates... *facepalm*

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: October 19, 2009, 04:15:45 AM
Hmm, so they did, now that I look closer at it. Guess it was so that they don't confuse the newer fans who never played the X games.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: October 19, 2009, 04:20:12 AM
Hypershell, you misunderstood me. Because Omega uses a pistol and not a armcannon, we have to asume that Zero never used an armcannon from X1 and upwards to the Zero Series.
Zero does not use an arm cannon in the X-series after X6.  That's three games thus far.  So I do not see that logic.

The fact remains that Omega and Zero use the same model of buster.  So if Omega's buster is the Z-Buster, then simple logic dictates that Milan is running around with the copy Z-Buster.  But this is not the case.

he holds it straight just like Zero, only he holds his arm straight out in front of him, as opposed to Zero's bent elbow and lower arm.
Getting equipped with Sprites Inc here:

http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/files/Zero/Zero3/Boss/FortressBoss/zero3_omega3sheet.gif

4th row, compare 1st (pull-out) and 2nd (firing) frame.  He is holding it at an angle.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: October 19, 2009, 04:35:19 AM
Hmm, so they did, now that I look closer at it. Guess it was so that they don't confuse the newer fans who never played the X games.

And that was so wrong in the first place.
"They don't like to bother the new players, but us the fanbase without any merci for logical thinking humans."
What kind of hypocrisey is that?!
And what I more hate is that stupid Praire in ZX. She can't even say for crying out loud Ciel's name. Why being so extra vague in the story, when other games are mentioned in Area N, which actually handle that backstory?
IMO they shouldn't care about all those clueless newbies. It is their own problem, not that of the developers.
In fact, such fanservice might even rise the selling of the older Rockman games.

Edit:
@Hypershell
Who says that his Z-Buster in X7,X8 and CM malfunctioned?
It could just have been the case, that Zero just prefer close combat, instead of ranged combat or Capcom just not wanted to do it because of the gameplay balance.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #47 on: October 19, 2009, 04:55:29 AM
And what I more hate is that stupid Praire in ZX. She can't even say for crying out loud Ciel's name.

Well, it's proper that both Ceil AND Pararie to have a sisterly bond or something like that. Works well in the Japanese Dictionary no?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: October 19, 2009, 05:12:44 AM
Well, it's proper that both Ceil AND Pararie to have a sisterly bond or something like that. Works well in the Japanese Dictionary no?
It would be okay, only if she have mentioned her name in the first place. I hate it to be kept dumb and I would have asked after her name, when I was Aile or Vent. It is first unpolite and second not helpful, if that person went missing. You understand?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: October 19, 2009, 07:30:10 AM
Thanatos, you just have to remember the fact that X series and on, is famous for ambiguousness. they purposely avoid saying names. even refering to the big 4, X and Zero as "legendary heroes" an Ciel as either "the original founder of the guardians" or Sis/Oneechan